/ng/ - Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

well this is nice

First for big, fat, Fuku tats

TOME CUTE

That artstyle is disgusting, doesn't even look like her

>Matagama

one job, team ninja

If I have two of them equipped, will I get -2 on each set? It only -1?

>Set bonus requirement down
Ah, I see now why this is so lusted after

HOL UP!

what happen to all Yasuke's niglets? Surely he was shooting his BBC in some Jap slut

give me an other one and Ill check :^)

Not him but I also have one of those. It says the the effect is not cumulative so no

No.

That's a shame. Still a very good item.
At least I won't need to farm for 2.
Thanks for answering.

this

>be 16 in Nobunaga's employ
>Nobunaga gets killed
>become an aide to missionaries until some weird snake dude promises to bring his Lord back to life
Marriage was just not in the cards for him.

drowned at birth probably

I dunno, I like it.
It also seems familiar somehow.

I mean if Ginchiyo let the fucking monkey king fuck her I guess a black dude should be swimming in pussy.

This artist looks familiar?
failureofasavior?

Fuku is for Fucku

does anyone have the list of dev revenants with unique helmets?

>wake up from a coma
>1041 posts
What the hell?

All the pasta I got from these threads.

1) "Running Water Maedate Kabuto" location : "The Trail of the Master" sub mission in "Tokai" region

2) "Water Buffalo Horn Kabuto" location : "Memories of Death-Lilies" main mission in "Tokai" region...

3) "Shuri-no-suke's Kabuto" location : unknown

4) "Golden Shachi Zudate Kabuto" location : unknown

5) "Koreto-hyuga's Kabuto" location : unknown

6) "Khakkara Ushirodate Kabuto" location : "The Ogress" submission in Kinki Region

7) "Rabbit Ear Wakidachi Kabuto" location : "Sekigahara" main mission in "Sekigahara" region

8) "Rabbit Ear Kabuto" location : "The Samurai from Sawayama" main mission in "Omi" region

9) "Butterfly kabuto" is obtainable from revenant in wrecked ship (where flying bolt is) in "The Conspirators" sub mission in "Chugoku" region

10) "Female Demon Visor" location: the iga escape

11) "Wakan kabuto" location: bridge of bone

Guess OST download isn't out yet? I've seen rips on youtube but no album links yet...

There's fan maedate.
I'm very sure its in the nue/fake muneshige mission.

thanks

Was the Kelley killed after Orochi the original Kelley? Is the prisoner in the return to London supposed to be important?

What's the best way to respawn and farm the revenants?

>farm revs
>branch out
>restart mission from overview
>repeat

Devrevs are gone permanently till you entirely restart a mission unlike normal revs.

What exactly does "+10 attack & defense (spirit)" do?

>get summoned
>host dies to first enemy

it gives +10 attack & defense (spirit)

Sheesh. Thought I didn't need the branch.
Sometimes I saw the same revenants after dying or something.
Must have been a mistake then.
Thanks.

extra 10 attack and defence while using the specified spirit

>beat the game 0 deaths
>unique dialogue and epilogue bits
>no fucking achievement
Fuck you.

there is no original kelley.

he is a golem imbued with omnipotent alchemical knowledge.

Is it literally only +10?

omniscient*

sorry, it's early.

>tfw to intelligent to play anything but spin2win axe

there is a unique dev revenant in the spider castle main mission. up the ladder on in the castle interior, near the shrine

don't remember what the helm is called and can't screencap right now. anyone that has some time should go get a cap of it if they can. when i got it i could NOT use it for reforge, but it's not one of the jap helmets

>he's not smart enough to play flippy quick spear

Is this the new cookiecutter? Been seeing beyblade revs like crazy lately.

yes

Once one person did it everybody wanted to start doing it. For good reason. It's pretty fun

You can get higher bonuses individually on weapons on random rolls

refashion, rather

is it even worth getting enough stamina to green agility the master swordsman set

wew

turtle katana

Did the site just die for 30 minutes for anyone else?

>Summon a revenant
>It's in heavy armor

>bait into fire mine
>knocks him up and down
>get up to him by hitting him with a heavy slash
>finish him while hes down
>if he somehow survives all that, the last hit as he gets up will definitely kill him
works literally every single time, regardless of armor

Why does nearly every revenant use medium/heavy armor?

Is something wrong with light armor?
Its looking really hard to farm and I'm wondering if being the agile melee user isn't a wise idea in this game.

>parry him
>final blow
>parry him
>final blow

just gotta do it twice instead of once

200 toughness is amazing is why

but you can practically get it with light armor too

did you miss the billion red demons

>tfw you will never be the real William-sama

>be born in England so you're already a fucking outstanding individual from birth
>learn shipbuilding, astronomy and navigation like a true Englishman
>serve in the Royal Navy fighting the Eternal Spanish under SIR FRANCIS DRAKE
>join a Dutch shipping crew because the Dutch are actually alright when they're minding their own business and not being DICKS
>a few other ships get wrecked on the way to the destination but yours manages to stay together because you're to intelligent to die right now
>end up in Nippon, just like in your favorite animes
>the Portuguese got there first apparently and also you don't like them at the moment because they're sided with the Eternal Spanish
>Portuguese fucking shits try to get you executed by saying you're a pirate
>because you are English you have 99 points invested in speechcraft so you end up being spared
>over the years you work up a trust with the shogun and eventually take the Portuguese's job
>you end up doing a better job because you're amazing and you even show the funny nips how to build ships that aren't terrible
>as a reward you are given a sweet katana so you can chop cunts to pieces, a gorillion servants and a lot of land
>people also call you Anjin now because they can't say the letter "L" properly
>Portuguese sperg out and write a letter to the Pope saying you're not letting them play samurai with you
>Ieyasu responds by announcing "Friendship ended with Ronaldo or whatever his name is, now Anjin is my new best friend" and kicks everyone out
>in those times you married for status reasons but since you are now rich as fuck and don't really care about that, you get to pick any qt patootie you want
>you pick the most semen of demons and start a family together
>oh yeah you have a family in England by the way, lel
>live out the rest of your days being comfy
>die at 55 which is probably old for the time, I don't even know
>don't really care because you got sweet Jap pussy

whats the highest possible life drain?

best I've gotten is 25 at max familiarity

>get summoned
>host dies to first enemy

/v/ shitposting about horizon broke the site

I think I fucked up.

My main weapon is a sword but I've been pumping STR, it's a 16 now. Can I restat?

>>tfw you will never be the real William-sama
>>be born in England so you're already a fucking outstanding individual from birth

Stop reading there.

Quick attack life drain is actually extremely shit

That Sawayama castle place fucked me up good. Took quite some time to find all those stupid kodama.
Did our nigga samurai just die like that?

respecing is cheap, do it whenever you want a change

what's better

close combat or skill?

Please tell me how to respec, I just want to put it in the correct stat and go on my way. I played Bloodborne with a 50 in bloodtinge and 45 in arcane and a split between endurance, vitality, dex and str using cleaver. I just dont want to have a pants on head meme playthrough again

there's a consumable item from the blacksmith.

Thanks

>Did our nigga samurai just die like that?

It was the best time for him to die. The Buddhists are trying to ban meat so no fried chicken

>I played Bloodborne with a 50 in bloodtinge and 45 in arcane and a split between endurance, vitality, dex and str using cleaver.
what the fuck?
use a book of reincarnation and go mostly heart for sword, enough of the other stats for your gear and guardian spirit. Stats aren't really that important compared to gear

Am I correct in assuming that
>1kat
sword of execution mystic
>2kat
momentum mystic art

depends on your playstyle. Close combat is the general purpose but skill damage goes higher

do you know the cap for each of them?

is it something like 40 or 50 or am I safe to just sit at 25?

I don't personally know the cap no. I haven't willed myself to reroll that hard.

I'd say sword of execution 100% because it's so much bonus damage. Dual katana could go either way, neither seems exceptional but I never have ki problems so I go for the damage resistance personally.

Momentum is if you want to kill the boss with just one water sword prompt.

what's the best axe mystic art?

they both seem kind of bad

I'd be tempted to take inner light and some yokai pots but I kind I'd just end up ki pusing it away anyway

>tfw accidentally sold Change to attack(skill) with inheritance
I'll never get another one now.

both are great

justice ministry or master swordsman bois?

color red or color blue? I cant decide which I want to like more. please make up my tiny mind for me

both

dude I had a sword with damage from behind up and I accidentally disassembled it. I am STILL made. I thought I locked it!

>clownsuiting

Intensity is dang great, if you end up ki pulsing yokai realms out anyway just do that one.

Did someone say God of Wind 3 best skill?

showcasing it's monstrosity 1/2

How can you showcase the strength of a move when you're using 320 weapons

post spears

they dont drop from revenants as +10 do they?

>320
what? it's just a 150+4 2kat & on way of the strong.

I just finished up the Defiled Holy Mountain mission and I'm at a loss as to how I should be leveling up. I'm using 3kat so should I just keep pumping skill or what?

nope gotta soul match them up to +10

the problem is that i ki pulse so much that not only am I constantly purifying realms, but I also don't have stamina problems even with the axe

>strong attack life drain
For what purpose?

Has anybody got a Magatama with luck? Like why would you waste the highest luck slot you can get?

dunno mate I was just sick from rerolling for A Dex after 3 hours.

meant to quote
This is what I'm using atm.
I honestly can't imagine what it's like with a 320 weapon.
I don't think I need one but still love to have a 320 though.

I mean accessories are hard because they can't be reforged, but I much prefer amrita gain during living weapon and that feels super rare so far (at least with my luck). It's huge and makes farming so much nicer.

>mfw discovering carnage iaido
so much damage

its his first 320, let the boy have his fun