/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

You let it die edition.

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8BmtNKkrgt8
reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/5vkzdn/mhxx_most_probable_gunlance_motion_values/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literally how?

Either he made the thread or someone told him they were making the thread.

But I made the thread.

Then he was spamming refresh, as he has nothing better to do in life than camp threads so he can post a stale meme.

I want to give Tanzia Sweetheart a big, wet, adult kiss!

I'm playing the demo though.

So why do people say that 4U is harder than Gen?

I started off with Gen after playing FU, and I just got to G Rank in 4U, and it's still a bit easier than Gen. Is it really going to take 140s to make it harder?

I feel like I got memed on.

You guys get any good drops from that last thread?

Best choice.

People get better at games and assume new entries are easier

I cant fucking get enough Glavenus Tails for my first level of the magma axe. should i farm normal glavenus instead of the hellfire one coz hes easier?

How do I git gud against grimclaw?

huh whats the middle column for....

>want to play the demo
>but not really because MHXX so close
fuggg

can someone explain how the Level things work in the Special Quests?

why is it that we get the G versions like 6 months after japan, surely localisation doesn't take that long

It's already in the OP, user.
Has been for a few days.

Literally already in the OP

Because Capcom is shit.

LS or SA for my first hellblade weapon?

youtube.com/watch?v=8BmtNKkrgt8

How do you even get this good at the game, holy shit, do they spend every waking hour practicing?

>hellblade
>good

>best weapon in their respective classes
>not good

The one you use the most?

all you need to do is:
1) have autism
2) don't treat the monsters like they're actually monster - just see them for the handful of prefab animations that they really are

both steps require you have even less fun with the game than you were already having, which wasn't very much to begin with.

I didn't know Mario hunted.

the only thing HB weapons have going for them is the blast and okay raw. shit sharpness, no affinity hurt them.

They're actually really not the best weapons - but they're pretty high up there.

hellblade SA is more bang for your buck than hellblade LS, but SA is only fun with at least two hunter arts and Striker gets a boost in power to sword mode so there's no room for different playstyles with the SA.

>those evades
don't think i'll ever get this good desu

Glavenus' tail spin is literally one of the easiest attacks in the game to evade.

I want to hunt a Deviant Barioth

>hunt
stopped reading right there

>shit sharpness
what

subspecies are cool

What are the little klik klaks saying?

bigot

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/5vkzdn/mhxx_most_probable_gunlance_motion_values/

>GL got nerfed
l m a o can't make this shit up

aniki

just scrap that shit weapon already holy fuck

But can you do it with just basic i-frame?

aniki
aniki
aniki

shit white.

only manageable with razor sharp and absolute readiness.

razor sharp could be a better skill, and you could probably take or leave readiness w/e

waste of a skill thou

GL gets nerfed every game, how is this surprising

Yes.

What if there was like a desert Barioth that could leap into the air then turn on the desert winds.
It could be called the Arabian Barioth.

Readiness is the best HA in the game, and Razor Sharp is the easiest skill to fit in the standard crit setup.
Hellblade also gets 25% HA boost at no penalty while every other deviant weapon has comparatively lower raw to make up for it.
There is no valid reason to use anything else.

Called it.

>because the most likely shell level is Normal Lvl 3 using the MH4U shell damage
What if, they buff the shelling part instead. So now, normal 1/2 or whichever equal to low rank weapons have the same damage value to 4U's level 3?

"It still might have the potential to be OP" - devs

no you can't cuck shut up.
you probably carted to it the first time

Who didn't cart to it the first time? That has nothing to do with it being incredibly easy to evade, since it's even faster than narga's.

>"gl got nerfed"
>literally 1 op move got nerfed
>0 changes otherwise
>"probable"
>demo guessing
>no stones in the demo to know for sure
>literally arbitrarily comparing a 130 GL from gen to the demo
boy u is all retarded

Yes, the only move keeping GL somewhat playable in MHX got nerfed.
Its entire regular moveset is still garbage.
The heat gauge still exists.
Shells will be even worse in XX than they were in Gen because this is G Rank.

Not him but any vet can dodge that after watching the animation and listening to the audio tell.
There were monsters in previous games that taught you to get gud at iframes by attacking very quickly, Nargacuga variants being the most obvious.

Faster attacks can be easier because your iframes don't have to be quite as tight when the attack only lasts such a small amount of time.

>G-rank games don't get higher levels of shelling
>he still doesn't know about Dragon's Breath
>he still doesn't know about Brave GL

your weapon is destined to be shit mate

DELET

>G-rank games don't get higher levels of shelling
We already had level 4 in Gen, didn't help.
XX will have one higher level than that, while other weapons will get massive increases in raw and many additional armor skills to increase their raw damage output. Shells meanwhile don't scale with anything.
Until Capcom actually makes shells scale off your attack damage, the weapon will never, ever be good.

Higher levels of shelling don't really mean much when they cap out at about 1/3 better.

Just base shot type on mv not level holy fuck

It's like they learned nothing from charge blade. It's sad.

If XX gunlance gets 4u's shelling then that is a gigantic buff.

like fucking huge. that's like a base dragon's breath active at all times. the shelling numbers were very low in gen. Gen's Normal LV.4 was 16 and 4U's Normal LV.3 was 18.

this would be the perfect way to balance the weapon to focus on the actual gun part

>just need one hellblade 8 ticket to finish off a weapon for a set I started a long time ago and forgot about
>no luck getting one from 9 or 10
>do hellblade 8 directly
>shitters just cannot stop mashing buttons and kill it so we fail
>don't feel like doing it again

No items capture quests were a mistake. Not because of the concept itself but because 99% of the player base consists of drooling morons who don't pay attention, with half of them not even understanding basic things like how armor skills work. The only way to get anything done properly and quickly is to play with people from an insulated community like this one and others who use a passcode to keep out these garbage players. I bet the jap community is also riddled with people like this.

>this would be the perfect way to balance the weapon to focus on the actual gun part
What, by gimping the hell out of the lance part despite it already being bad, and only reverting the gun part to its 4U level despite shells being completely worthless in that game?

>Lance will be knocked from no1 spot
>But will always be better than Gunlance

>its a no items cap quest
>shitters take the max potions at the start of the hunt

>he doesn't solo hunt

>Lance will be knocked from no1 spot
It got a 3 MV nerf to the striker charge and nothing else, Lance isn't getting knocked from anywhere
The meta is going to be the same crit stacking hellblade lance charge spam, and additionally brave HBG. Screencap this.

reading comprehension is not your forte is it?

Dragon's Breath, nigger.

D R A G O N ' S
B R E A T H

>>Lance will be knocked from no1 spot
By what exactly? It had no changes apart from a 3 MV decrease on its strongest attack and a dramatic buff to one of its staple arts.

Dragon's Breath didn't make GL relevant in Gen, why would it do so in XX?
You're better off taking readiness anyway. Dragon's Breath has an absurdly long charge time to the point where the monster will probably be almost dead by the time you can use it, and its animation is way too long.

not him, but reverting something that's already nerfed to its initial state is not a buff

>wow db is shit when you don't use wolfs maw
>wow gs is shit when you don't use lions maw
>wow ls is shit when you don't use unlimited sprit
>wow la is shit when you don't use enraged guard

>wow gl is shit when you don't use ______'_ ______

seriously Gen has been out for like 7 months you have no excuse to still be this fucking retarded about how the game works.

>the monster turns and fights other players, giving you time to do whatever

I don't get how people can stand crutch mode

What do I do if I cart twice in a quest? (1/3 and 2/3)
I said sorry the first time and then wanted to stay in the Camp at the second time for shame and to not die and ruin the Quest. but I also felt I had to go help my teamates and that they were struggling with just 3 men

Lion's maw and unhinged spirit are shit though.

>>wow ls is shit when you don't use unlimited sprit
literally what

If they're struggling with three people, then they deserve to fail.

no they aren't.

also you do realize that a flash white spirit guage is an extra damage boost on top of sharpness modifier right?

it lasts for like 2 minutes and that's stacked with whatever level your spirit gauge is at.

unhinged spirit is not bad in the slightest. Lions maw is only bad if you unconditionally miss every single charged draw attack and have no idea how to play the game in general.

;_;

Just pick an easier weapon tbqh
What's catching you out?

Unhinged Spirit does nothing for you that you can't do for yourself. By the time it's charged, your spirit gauge is already flashing, and that requires almost no upkeep.

>also you do realize that a flash white spirit guage is an extra damage boost on top of sharpness modifier right?
Yes. Which you can get without using the art at all? Even absolute evasion would be better than that shit art.

You do realize you can get that without Unhinged Spirit?
Lion Maw's shit because it's slow as fuck, that might change in XX.

You should have the flashing gauge regardless of that shitty art, and using Lion's Maw is literally a DPS loss because in the time it takes you to use it, you could've landed another level 3 charge and overall do more damage than you did with a single lion's maw boosted charge.

lets just say practicing Bow against Hellblade is a bad idea

Abandon quest and go solo the monster until you learn to fight it.

I find bow against hellblade is a pretty comfy fight, desu senpai. Though that's probably because I'm over a thousand hours with the bow across four games.

>desu senpai.
What's this, 1987?

>How do you even get this good at the game
first step, always pick male
second step, always go with Kung Fu or Filthy frank voice
step three, git gud

>you can do spirit combos back to back for 2 minutes
>implying this isn't good

make a GL set with the level 10 snowbaron GL that has the following skills
>Artillery Expert
>Load Up
>Composed/TrumpCard/both
eat for felyne bombardier
guild style, Dragon's Breath III and whatever else

now go face nakarkos and focus on shelling only, especially after Dragon's Breath is activated, and tell me your time. Don't worry about sharpness if not just for getting out of red so you can still shell, your BnB will be A shell, A quick reload, X slam fullburst.

>m-muh nakarkos
the point is to show how much damage the weapon can dish out as-is in gen already - not muh TA strats and "w-well any normal monster would never let you attack that much!!!!!!!"

>1987
>post ending in 87
illuminati, tbqh famalam

Stamina is a bitch

wtf pham we were censored months ago tbqh

the word filters are one and a half year old

Why is he so perfect?

They should have permabanned these retards instead of filtering.