/dbt/ map: Meet, Fight, Fuck.
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

webums with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/1RfbCcCo7ndf-cajOi6YnulPvNb6cNCDBUdVn0KE4Chc/viewform?edit_requested=true
newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6026082543.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4-bW_w4RpV4&feature=youtu.be
newhaven.craigslist.org/search/mcy
newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/5987442317.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6030074153.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6058114687.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6055592327.html
sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/6058159894.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Excellent edition OP
Just a little late

First for fuck california you stinky earthquake scar

Is it the norcal or socal meets where at least one person has crashed at every single meet.

My spidey sense is saying socal.

SoCal but NorCal has definitely had it's fair share of crashes as well. I think both groups are driving a little more responsibly now.

first

????

Are keybangers bad? My mechanic said they can break valve springs.

your vales will be fine. you will gut your exhaust though.

u mad

docs.google.com/forms/d/1RfbCcCo7ndf-cajOi6YnulPvNb6cNCDBUdVn0KE4Chc/viewform?edit_requested=true

Vote plz

Norcal meets are the shitshows when it comes to Veeky Forums meets.

I went to a Socal Veeky Forums meet. Was the only bike there and it was mostly 22 year olds in shitboxes. Fastest car there was a guy in a modded C5 Z06.

No crashes

A few times at Socal meets there was this retard in a Mazda 3 that he fucked up. Also some guy in a Civic crashed once.

I wont be attending general socal Veeky Forums meets anymore. Not my age group and nothing interesting or worthwhile. I have more fun riding those roads on my own or with someone else who rides.

thinking about picking this up as my first bike

newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6026082543.html

what do you guys think?

not OP but i don't see another dbt in the catalog?
If it is some moron made the thread without a title and should probably just an hero.
>tfw dyanamic IP gets you labeled as a proxy user
Come on now.... making me reset my modem to post on this shitty website is annoying.....

Southern CaIifornia has literally like 3 major meets a week Spring through Fall.

Why would we care about some gay once a year meet with meme spewing retards?

Why dont you think about picking something up that isnt absolute overpriced garbage?

Gay pride parades do not count user.

This is why I won't go to SAM. I already ride with a group of experienced track riders on great roads in California so why be around all the 20 year olds here that shitpost stupid memes and can't ride?

free boipucci and memes

>nearly $3000
>any number of good running XR650R's, DRZ400's, WR250R/X's, Ninja 250's, CBR600F4i's, SV650's, FJR1300's, etc can be had for that much money or less.
>this retard goes after some no name garbage brand hipstermobile.

kys.

on paper it looks decent but looking into it.

>frames and honda derived engines made in china.

just get a honda then.

Overpriced hipster trash.

I think for the same price you could get a nice SV650/cbr650f/fz07 etc...

>cbr650f
Why would anyone buy this when the F4i exists?

headers

Do they have 300 confirmed kills too? They sound pretty cool

250 is a pretty small engine. If you like the cafe style look for a used triumph or a modded sportster.

>F4i was the last good Honda bike
Prove me wrong
>protip: you can't

Because one is a comfortable/more upright bike that is better suited to commuting and a great bike for learners and one is a high powered sports bike.

he's right.

/dbt/ is entertaining to post dank memes, troll retards, and discuss bikes from time to time. It's absolute shit when ti comes to meeting people. Most of the people on /dbt/ are either ausfag/eurofag shitbike riders with jelly buttmad inferiority complexes or 20 somethings tin flyover states that don't know how to ride.

Literally on any given weekend during warm weather I am 30 minutes to 2 hours away from any number of significant bike meets in Southern California with adult riders. And if you're not picky there are dozens more with squids and wanna be 'biker boyz' type freeway rides.

Not to mention the not insignificant number of tracks within reasonable driving distance.

And some of the best roads in America.

Southern California is literally the motorcycle mecha. Nowhere else can even compete.

>Because one is a more boring bike
FTFY

Go be a cuckold learner bike manlet elsewhere.

Why would I prove you wrong if you are right?

Tldr

youtube.com/watch?v=4-bW_w4RpV4&feature=youtu.be

I love the paid reviews they did for this bike.

The front brake fell off and they're trying to recommend it over a CBR250R

While cool, it's just a slower RSV

ok i was just asking.

find me a bike under $3k

newhaven.craigslist.org/search/mcy

Whats next?
Why does honda make a crf250l when the crf250r exists?

>pigfat off-road bike
No thanks. We all know the majority of those go to Starbucks and back on weekends.

It's more upright, less peaky and shorter geared and some people really like and/or need to buy new.

Most F4is will be cucked out of Paris soon if you are ultimate Eurocuck.

>original 600RR
>not also great

Why does honda make anything when
>HONDA
>A SHIT

to lighten the pockets of idiots who don't know better.

That bike is awful and the frame is weak and will bend when dropped.

RC51 ended production the same year as the F4i.

It was also uncomfortable as fuck and liked to rattle itself apart. My brother had one.

Coils failing, constant oil leaks, valves needed replacing before 30,000 miles because no more shim room left. Also one of the most uncomfortable bikes to ride for any amount of time, and I ride an R6. It just was not a good bike. Was also pretty heavy for what it was.

Best part about it was the sound, motor didn't make amazing amounts of power and once your used to the torque it wasn't all that thrilling compared to a contemporary 4 cyl literbike that made just as much torque but seems like it made 50 more horsepower up top.

I would much rather have an F4i over an RC51.
If I was going after a literbike the CBR954RR is a better bike than the RC51.

Pic related, me and my bro on GMR.

You might not like adventure bikes, but the point is that the Africa Twin is a good bike in his segment. Thats undeniable.

>gave you a large amount of good bikes to start with here:
>HURR DURR FIND ME A BIKE

fuck off fag.

Oh right and you can power restrict the 650F to be a learner license bike some places, which is their stretch of a justification for using them in the European Junior Cup so they could get rid of CBR500R drafting trains.

Look at the valve change intervals, oil change intervals, and street legality of each. Then stop being retarded.

newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/5987442317.html

newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6030074153.html

newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6058114687.html

newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6055592327.html

yeah they use the bike for the official junior womens cup

>It's more upright
Banana seat F4i's were pretty upright and comfy.

>less peaky
F4i's were not peaky at all. they have very linear powerbands and flat torque curves.

What you mean is "gutless up top" which is what the CBR650 is.

>shorter geared
F4i's were perfectly reasonably geared. Not crazy tall first or anything and reasonable highway 6th with stock gearing.

>Eurocuck
Nope. America has a large surplus of cheap F4i's all over the place. Just avoid the stunted ones.

You have to compare it to a 750 from the same time period rather than a peter, which aside from the Suzuki are probably all overpriced, impractical and not particularly reliable because lolracebike.

>one is a street legal, long maintenance interval, fuel injected dual sport
>the other is an offroad only, high maintenence queen, race bike with valves made of butter.

Gee I wonder if these bikes are meant to fill the same segment.

>newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/5987442317.html
ugly

>newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6030074153.html
no pics

>newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6058114687.html
nice

>newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6055592327.html
>750

>Banana seat F4i's were pretty upright and comfy.
I'm not going to say they aren't but some people still want a more upright faired bike. I mean I've seen someone bitch about Blackbirds but like the ergos on the current Thailand built CBRs.

Why don't motorcycle sites ever say the horse power of their bike?

You guys all know i was basically calling that guy i was replying to a retard not asking for an actual explanation right?

Or are you really that used to shitposting these days that is just natural to reply?

Because from the factory most bikes are detuned to pass emissions testing in various countries then are re tuned at shops before being sold to the public.

Crank vs rear wheel horsepower is too much of a shitshow so they just stopped bothering.

I was attacking your analogy, the CRF250L is a piece of shit designed to scam retards, the CBR650F is a nice friendly commuter sport bike for learners and returning riders who know they don't need more than 100 hp.

Now kill yourself fast.

>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING
Fuck off, retard.

By 2001 most 750's were gone or on their way out within a few years. Most of the RC51's production run it was up against either the gixxer 750 or liter peters.

In both cases the literbikes of the era were better and the 750 suzuki was better.

Really the RC51 came out about 5 years too late and was anitquated just two years into its production run. And it was overpriced. Even the SP2 update didnt do much for it.

I used to love RC51's. or at least the idea of them. Then my brother owned one and the reality set in.

After being a die hard vtwin sportbike guy forever, after the RC51 my brother went to 4 cylinder literbikes.

Pic related. An RC51 vs similar year blade. Literally no advantage anywhere on the dyno spare maybe just off idle.

Guess its a legal thing because it varies slightly depending on lots of things?
They do say it on the german sites.

I DON'T NEED IT
sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/6058159894.html

>CRF250L
The 250L is actually the best entry dualsport you can get for shorter riders. Like women.

If you're not short the WR250R is better in every way. But the 250L does have its place.

>valves checked at 250 miles
>now 3800 miles

Already have buyers remorse from buying a brand new bike?

No, I just want to collect all of the best supermotos.

You should try a newer vtwin liter sportbike, they're intoxicating

Really there is nothing more appealing about the 650R. A simple set of bar risers would solve any forward lean issues on an F4i if that really was even a problem (it's not)

The F4i is better in every single meaningful way. The fact that honda actually replaced the F4i with a heavier, much less powerful bike just doesnt make sense.

Well it might make sense if you have some retarded eurocuck laws about power. But no one cares about eurocucks.

F4i>650R all day long. Learner bike or daily commuter.

The hilarious thing is how much more variation there is in drivetrain losses in a car yet everyone sucks the cock of crank HP.

Well the big thing about the RC51 is actually supposed to be how narrow and mass centralized they are rather than the engine (which is built entirely for top end), not that it does you a ton of good when a Fireblade is 70lbs lighter and tiny for what it is. It's not any heavier than the relevant Ducati at least.

It's really a great example of why race homologation bikes are not all that ideal for consumers though. You're getting a race bike shat up to be road legal and make a sellable price point more than anything.

>The fact that honda actually replaced the F4i with a heavier, much less powerful bike just doesnt make sense.
Yamaha did this with their FZ6 into FZ6R. I feel like they cut the fz6 because it was cutting into their r6 sales too much.

I seriously want one of these. Any reason I shouldn't?

>best supermoto
>600 pounds and plastic firehazard fuel tank

no.

it's generally a bike built entirely around European laws and cost cutting, mostly for the naked version. Even the directly preceding Hornet 600/CBR600F had significantly more power and less weight.

They are good bikes. A lot of people will say they are inferior to the 750's but really they are quite good sport tourers. They are much easier to find in good condition for a reasonable price than the 750's, that's for sure.

I think the early ones had head oiling issues but most of them are fine.

Heavy and kind of uninspiring to ride, not a bad bike though.

>Even the directly preceding Hornet 600/CBR600F had significantly more power and less weight.

Yea, just a pitty about their steel backbone frame. Their motor was based off the first gen 600RR iirc though.

F4i had a proper motor and a proper frame. Honda should have just kept doing minor updates, mainly to suspension and fairing to keep it relevant.

Fucking eurocucks and their retard laws fuck it up for everyone else in the road sportbike category.

no it doesn't based entirely on the spaghetti frame that is incredibly easy to damage in light drops.

>FZ6 into FZ6R

>Take kick ass sport standard with R6 motor
>take away R6 motor
>add euroturd motor
>add R to end of name
>charge same price

Fucking eurocucks strike again.

wtf i hate yuros now

>83 hours

Uh oh, better re-build that engine

A dude I knew in college had an FZ6R and was ADAMANT that the R was faster than the normal FZ6. Dude was real butthurt when I showed him the dyno graphs showing -20hp.

How old were you when you realized that motorcycles are way more fun than cars?

But more R's = more race!!!!!11one

14. Was talking to my co-worker who rode a fireblade tell me how he lost his license

Before the Japs started catering to euro retards we had the following running concurrently:

R6, YZF600R, and FZ6
CBR600RR and CBR600F4i, and Hornet 600
GSXR600, GSXF600, and SV650
ZX-6R, ZX-6RR, and ZZR600

You had the choice between a high performance race replica and a slightly detuned or previous version sportbike setup to be more practical for the street.

Now a days you pretty much give up 40% of the horsepower if you step down from the race replicas and have to deal with ridiculous weight of some steel framed 2 cylinder abomination designed for eurofags who dont know how to ride without daddy government telling them what to ride and how to do it.

you're not alone user.

>R6, YZF600R, and FZ6
why would you even want the YZF600R? just outdated crap, no reason to sell it alongside the updated R6

>CBR600RR and CBR600F4i, and Hornet 600
Still have that but replace 600F4i with 650F

>GSXR600, GSXF600, and SV650
Still have that

>ZX-6R, ZX-6RR, and ZZR600
ZZR same as the YZF600R, just outdated, desu the ninja 650 is kinda lame though

>GSXF600

On the bright side isn't Suzuki coming out with a GSXS750 with a slightly detuned GSXR750 motor?

They already have the GSXS1000 with a detuned 05 beast mode 1000 motor.

At least one manufacturer is doing sport standards right.

Yamaha isn't doing so bad either with the FZ09/XSR900/FJ09 and FZ10 in addition to their eurocuck centrick shitshows.

Honda and Kawasaki have just given up on providing anything of worth to the american sport standard market.

z650 and z900 are pretty cool

>why would you even want the YZF600R
The YZF600R was a quality motorcycle for those that didn't want to go to a torture rack R6 but still wanted sporty performance.
Sure it's outdated today by a significant margin but in the early to mid 2000's with was a decent buy for a sport standard. Albeit inferior to the F4i.

>Still have that but replace 600F4i with 650F
We've been over this. The 650R/650F is shit compared to the F4i.

>Still have that
Katana went out of production in 2006. SV650 is pretty much just as bad as the rest of the 650 """sportbikes""". Arguably started the trend. Was a good buy for a beginner bike but these type of bikes shouldn't have completely displaced the real sportbike standards on the market.

>ZZR same as the YZF600R
And the same argument as above can be made.

Even without Europe the laws in Japan would be killing a lot of things. Honda Japan discontinued 19 models for emissions/sound/safety laws this year and some of them were pretty pathetic before that. Like in Japan the 650F had more power than the 600RR and the VFR1200 was only 4hp up on the VFR800.

That's kind of why they didn't just keep updating the F4i, I imagine it wouldn't pass Euro3 and for the expense of that bike most people would jump to the RR.

>The YZF600R was a quality motorcycle for those that didn't want to go to a torture rack R6 but still wanted sporty performance.
except the FZ6 is better for that and not an outdated piece of shit either

>Katana went out of production in 2006
they still make a GSX650F, it's just not called a Katana. Same shit.

IDK why you think practical 650s are replacing upright sportbikes. There are plenty of good options.

>except the FZ6 is better for that and not an outdated piece of shit either
I listed both the YZF600R and the FZ6.

>they still make a GSX650F, it's just not called a Katana. Same shit.
Hmm, some eurobong variant that makes 20 less horsepower than it should and just happens to be a 4 cylinder.

No better than the 2 cylinder piles in the class.

>IDK why you think practical 650s are replacing upright sportbikes.
Up until recently there haven't been. The FZ6 was really the last and it was killed off in 2010. The Hornet was pretty decent sport naked but had a shit frame and wasn't near as good as the F4i, or as good as a naked F4i would have been.

Until the FZ09 the ~100whp sport standard was missing.

Now we're finally stating to get bikes like the GSXS750, the FJ09, etc.
Looks like manufacturers are abandoning the ~100hp sport 600 and move on to larger displacements for this power level.

Which is cool I guess, more torque and better road oriented powerband with the larger displacement while still making enough power. Really only going to hurt on the insurance.

>Like in Japan the 650F had more power than the 600RR and the VFR1200 was only 4hp up on the VFR800.
plz b troll

Emissions and noise regulations make for weird shit, the RC213VS has 97 horsepower in Japan.

>silky smooth dirt roads

And in the U.S.

>RC213VS
Why does anybody call them by these shitty names?