/ng/ - Nioh General

1,000,000 sales celebration edition! Everyone gets a shiny Nioh golden armor for free. Go to your shrine and check on ''Boons''.

Latest Patch Notes
>fextralife.com/nioh-1-04-patch-notes/

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

oroboros infinite living weapon build was nerfed right?

no, but it sucks anyway so don't bother

>1 million sales
>Ninja Gaiden is now officially dead thanks to a cheap Dark Souls clone

>oroboros
nice meme

daily reminder familiarity a+ is exact same as close combat damage 20% so there's no point trying to get close combat damage

>using cheese builds at all
What are you, gaijin or something?

>tfw abusing the amrita glitch one last time before installing the patch

What's a good level to take stamina to so I can wear a solid variety of armor?

so rip in peace 320 weapons or now they just have even lower chance?

Seriously?

Dark Souls 2 is a cheap Dark Souls clone. Nioh is actually well made.

>familiarity a+ is exact same as close combat damage 20%
So they don't stack?
Also, is it possible to get close combat damage on weapon that already has yokai/human close combat damage?

he saw the german streamer who also got the game early who was running around with infinite living weapon

he didn't even know amrita stones extended living weapon or what discord/yingyang whatever was until his chat explained to him in ng+

does he actually try to claim credit?

No, not seriously. "He doesn't know" shit poster has literally been shitposting for weeks, just ignore him.

all the ones people rolled already are fucked
you can still get them, the chance is just super low

that'd be retarded. why nerf existing 320's if they were gonna keep them in?

Yeah, he posted a video to youtube a day or so ago. The title is Nioh: Oro's Infinite Living Weapon Build. Doesn't mention getting ideas from anyone else in the video.

Its true though. You save your shit to 2 USBs with the same save, load up one, run it, let it get nuked, exit app, load in the secondary, and enjoy 320+10's. No idea why it works but it does.

Sidenote: secondary saves are STILL getting fucked over they just reduced its chances by a great amount but don't forget to store you secondaries off hard drive.

My brother is doing this as well.
My guess is because they don't want people to steam roll through the dlc content?

he did the exact same thing in DaS, claiming that a darkmoon blade buffed falchion was, "his unique build" and people gobbled his nuts for it

god I hate soulsnigger ecelebs

1 million is pretty good sales for a niche game like Nioh. Considering BB only sold like 3 million or so

any kusaribros have recommended armor sets besides red demon? have no clue what to use since the only set they're part of is the iga clan which i don't find interesting enough
using 2kat as my backup if that matters

I got Kingo recently, works great with reaper on boss ASSES

because they are stupid
then why dont change sloth carnage? you are going to rollface anyways

[no]

If you don't like how Iga looks, just refashion it into something else

How to grind proficiency fast?

strategist maybe, its light and uses dual as weapon

im going to use 4 pieces red demon + 4 pieces strategist, they are both light and the extra close combat damage seems nice since ki regen is bullshit and enemies die before getting burned anyways

Beat the strongest stage you have available. Help people beat the strongest bosses you have available

So what is the basic procedure for leveling up endgame weapons? I just hit ng+. Do you just find a weapon you like, get it to 150, then start slapping on the +1s?

it was nerfed last patch, not even this patch

>Collected all fragments of the Hiragumo teakettle from Shigisan.
Do I get all of them in the spider boss mission?

More or less, just know + equipment is slow as shit to farm unless you can reliably farm Nobunaga/Onna or Two kangz.

What are you trying to ask? Collecting them all removes her leg armor nothing else.

roll 20% proficiency on your weapon then hit things with it until they die

How do I beat Warrior of the West man?

I use 3 pieces of meme demon with kat, bow and 1 piece of wotw for total of about 22% damage increase. It did require a bit of Stamina investment for A agility.

It's a trophy.

there are 6 spiders around the map, 2 block progress so you have to fight them, the others are pretty easy to find

The only ones that might not be obvious is the one down the ladder to the right of the first shrine past the door you use the key to open and the one at the top of the watch tower at the top of the hill. Go through the underground section and climb out the ladder at the opposite end past where you fight one of the big spiders, climb up the hill and then once you're in the clearing look behind you at the watch tower near where you walked in and look up, shoot the giant egg sack to spawn the spider.
Remember you need all 6 fragments to get the trophy.

Patience

have you tried gittin gud?

have you tried sloth?

Alright my bad
While since I got it, forgot all about it

>Used to have +38% Matchlock Damage
>Patch hits
>I swap back to my Unlimited Ammo set to take advantage of the new restock system
>Only +24% Matchlock now.
I lost 14% of my damage somehow. What the fuck happened?

i found that godamn build in the beta and i wasn't the first. it's obvious; it's literally just what the skills do

Does Familiarity on a ranged weapon & familiarity on melee weapon stack with melee attacks or does only one take effect at once.

Was it on some 320 gear? They had higher % numbers on their skills than 150/160

I don't think familiarity works like that, only agility.

GIT
U
D

Or use sloth.

Only one is honorubu though.

>honor
>video games
pick one

I'd would recommend either spearfall or entangle.

If i see a host being dishonorubu i WILL tell them they're doing so, salt their asses, then harakiri. I don't know anyone in this game who doesn't or won't.

Nah. Nothing has changed at all. I can swap beck the exact same previous setup and have less damage. It's upsetting.

I can get back to where I was by wearing two matchlocks with + Matchlock Damage... but it's not the same.

>What are you trying to ask?
Is this guy for real? Like what part of "Di I get all fragments from the same mission" can you not fucking understand you retard? He asked if they're all from the same mission, why the fuck are you going on about her leg armor? Are you a moron?

Quit applying your self-worth to how you play a video game. Maybe you'll enjoy them again.

Fuck this. I had to resort to Sloth for Nobunaga+Yuki-Onna. Got stunlocked or knocked down and OTG'd for hours on end.

t. Conquered

Yeah I noticed my damage dropped too, and all my gear was 150 before the patch as well, I had no 320s. Maybe there was some ninja nerfing happening?

There's a lot of unlisted changes

>Amrita Fiends are much much more susceptible to overload
>+2/+3 gear seems to drop more often

I enjoy posting names on NiohBlacklist subreddit.

320s are gone. Period. The highest you'll forge now is 160, which was what was intended.

Honestly my 320 didn't make any fucking difference in the damage I did, at least on higher 310 levels. I feel like the number was inflated so much it didn't register.

There was a dude with a kingo build who did even more damage than me without a 310 but his 2kat was 2 plus levels higher than mine.

I think the Plus levels matter a LOT more than actual level but I can't confirm it.

Do I go for Momentum or Firm Resolve?

I still can't figure out where the nerf came from. I just want to know what changed. I had 38% and now I have 24%. Where did that come from!?

Momentum.

Also question. All of my regions in NG+ STILL have exclimation marks by them even though I've cleared every mission and have full mission achievement rate.

What the fuck are these exclamation marks for?

Are you same user who was arguing about them not changing sloth and carnage in the previous thread? Because the user you went back and forth with pretty much told you that it's working as intended. Only thing I can see happening is they nerf the talismans, but other than that I doubt they'll do much.

My +5 O-Denta was 300 damage above the +0 I found.

post faster please, i'm bored and lonely

im not but i know that its working as intended, the fact that they exist is the bullshit here

I have(had) a 320 +6 Futatsu and it still didn't do as much as dudes +8 Fudenta

Hopefully them nerfing the 320's down to 160 makes soul matching easier now. Because my 320 +6 was basicaly impossibly to upgrade because of its level. Would have cost 4.5 million gold just to get it +7 because it still calculated the level difference.

I heard you could get free +1's by soul matching other 320 weapons but I never tried it before they patched. Guess I missed out on 4 free weapon levels.

+10 is the max, right?

what does the soul matching cost to get a 150 to 320 now?

someone the other day said it was over 9 billion gold before

>Amrita Fiends are much much more susceptible to overload
Yeah I noticed that after I hit couple of them once and had them blow up in my face.

Do you need to farm them on ng+?

>shoot the giant egg sack
Thanks, senpai!

Anybody else having problems downloading the update? I get a 404 error.

There is no 320 now.

No idea about any of that but i still got my 320+10's.

you were supposed to make a 150+10 then soulmatch to 320, way cheaper, doesnt matter anymore

what do you mean?

320s were scaled down, but I thought they were still 320s

You don't like them because people use them to make the game easier? Don't know what to tell you. Get in touch with KT and see if they'll get rid of it so you can stop being so upset up about the spells is all I can think to tell you.

>1 mirrion copies

Post your sequel wishlist.

1. 6 new weapon types
2. Chalice style dungeons with 4 player co op
3. More unique stats. Not just more atk and defense stuff.
4. Female skins and animations
5. More varied and different looking levels. Less darkness.

I want bloody palace/boss rush
that's all I want
the fact that we're getting something like that for free has been maintaining an erection for several days

Goddamn getting smithing texts from dojo bosses is the slowest thing ever.

It was the first thing nerfed.

You can still extend your living weapon with amrita stones but the infinite one with extraction talisman is long gone.

Just the one thing Coop, More enemy varieties.

What should I prioritize on getting to ng+?

A dating feature with hand holding.

No you don't.

More Tome

DoA action game using Nioh's framework

There is no 320 now.

Remove the shit tier diablo loot and increase the amount of weapon types by a lot.

Add invasions

A crouch button

Jump button with wall and tree climbing and hanging so Ninjutsu feels like actual Ninja shit

Did the magatama farm get nerfed? How about Suzaku living weapon amrita farming?

good thing you have no say whatsoever

all of your opinions are garbage

>chalice dungeon

Y E S

>Post your sequel wishlist.
>1. 6 new weapon types

So literally anything you could wish for in a sequel, and your first thing is six (6) [SIX] six new weapon types?

I can't tell if I should feel sorry for you or laugh at you.

>he thinks 320s are any better than 160+10
>he is actively refusing to fucking know

>liking diablo loot

You are just a baddie with no skills so you rely on grinding and big numbers to do the work for you. Your opinion is worthless casual piece of shit.

A sequel is my sequel wishlist.

What? You dont want more weapon types?

Same for me, I'm assuming it's a not so subtle way of saying "farm all the missions"