>Didn't win the Oscar:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILER): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/play/BORP9
youtu.be/F9L4q-0Pi4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did someone say Oscar?

Wait, what? Never heard this.

/BESTLEGS/

Demon's, DaS1, DaS2, and BB all have plenty of unfinished content present. Demon's has an entire archstone as well.

AoA gave us arena

AotA gave us arena

AoA gave us 4 spells

AotA gave us 5 spells that were all broken except Dark Fog

AoA had 2 bosses, 1 had 3 phases and the other had an incredibly strong secondary boss as part of it

AotA had what's more comparable to a miniboss, a shitty dragon fight, and 2 good fights

AoA is short in fairness but there's some decent exploration within the presented areas.

AotA is a straight line to Artorias and a fairly linear walk through the town that at most has the side break off to go kill the mimic and get a couple of spells. Chasm of the Abyss is a straight path to Manus with one break to get a useless summon.

The only real difference is that AoA felt more rushed than AotA did, and you're wearing nostalgia goggles if you give that DLC the 10/10 on "felt fully produced" factor

Making a Str/Pyro build and here's my guy. I'm going for a scummy, looks like he's never showered in his life and only eats slugs look. Does he fit the bill? Any suggestions on how to make him look more shamanish?

DaS2 hit detection is so weird

sometimes my R2 one shots Alonne Knights, sometimes it doesn't, like it only half connects

don't get me started on plunging attacks

It's a long standing argument about the existence of certain items that can only be seen through the usage of runes (Corruption:Coldblood, Impurity:Vermin), which one time resulted in a six hour masturbation contest of a role play. Just don't ask.

for u, fampai
webmshare.com/play/BORP9

fuck that sound glitch, too lazy to record again.
At least you can hear the gay clink in ds1 and 3

Vermin are a lie, don't listen to what they say
The blood is safe and useful, you must use it to survive the hunt

>169662079
Reposting what I said:
>It's actually invisible centipede-like vermin present within the blood vials caused by the curse of the Orphan of Kos.
Everyone that has had their blood ministered will eventually lose control to these vermin, and the more they resist, the more horrifying a beast they become.

Lmao what am I reading.

First off, the scourge of the beast happened way before Kos's curse existed. See: Loran. Loran fell to the scourge of the beast possible before even Byrgenwerth (the guys who fucked with the fishing hamlet and caused the curse of Kos) as an institution existed.

While you got the whole "the more you resist the worse a beast you become" and that the vials cause the scourge right, it isnot because of vermin.

The old blood (the blood in the vials) is Great One blood found in the Chalices. People turn into beasts because, "when Great Ones descend the line between man and beast blurs." The great ones proximity to the old blood inside people must cause a raction in the body that makes humans turn into beasts. My theory is that the body dumba itself down to a beast-like state so that you don't die from frenzy (which is insanity cause by too much knowledge).

12th for Yharnam was better.

Oh god I remember that

>if you give that DLC the 10/10

I never said that, in fact I would give AotA a 7/10 due to the boring and bland scenaries and how out of the overall dark souls 1 it was.

The only good fights are Arty and Manus imo, Kalameet is impressive but rather boring.

But hol the fuck up my boi, because AotA was the only corridor area in DaS1, every other area could be explored in at least 2 different ways and had interconnected shortcuts.

If I had to rate DaS3 with a grade and a phrase it would be 6/10 "A long corridor full of hypermobile enemies with really nice graphics."

>incredibly strong
>greatwolf
Right.
The rest I agree with, I don't get why people hype Kalameet so much, if you don't spend forty minutes trying to cut his tail it's piss easy

Which is why we try to keep the argument as low as we can. I saw it myself, it was a train wreck.

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

>the fucking wolf

I know the wanted to perform a Siff homage but I don't recall the old gray wolf taking cocaine with muffled nightcore playing in the background.

You do more damage if you catch an enemie during an attack.

Praise Vamos

The evidence is there, but it's hard to see if you aren't looking.
To put it shortly
>Cainhurst knights see unspeakable moving things in blood
>Cainhurst knights are vaguely related to Pthumerians, superhuman masters of blood, donate these dregs to an immortal queen of corruption, and hunt down those that turn from them
>Confederates see vermin in blood
>Vermin are said to be only visible if you look for them - similar to how you can see the Amygdala perched everywhere with enough insight
>Many beast enemies in the game have signs of vermin growing out of them - Silverbeasts, pic related, Ludwig
>Old Hunter Trousers
>A widespread belief of the period was that "beast blood crept up the right leg", and this led to the double-wrapped belt.
>In all cases, beast enemies overcome with vermin have them growing out of the head / adjacent to the spine
>When a hunter goes blooddrunk, their pupils collapse and become dilated and mushy, this can be seen in the intro and in the Yharnamites - sign of parasites
etc

Gaylord Neato is a fag

I have some DaS1 questions for you guys.

First is for the ones who read Japanese. Was Paladin Leeroy's name actually Paladin Leeroy in the Japanese version of the game. I'm asking this because it seems like an obvious reference to Leeroy Jenkins and I would be shocked if From knew about it. I know that the localization team for the Souls games have quite a lot of freedom when it comes to translation. Sticky White Stuff. Nevertheless, I do want to know if his name was Leeroy or something different.

Second question is for those who delve into the lore. Would anyone be willing to explain the two endings to me. I do want to know more about the age of fire and the age of dark, especially what is probable to happen after each ending.

It pissed me off because the argument came down to who could write the better fan fiction to support their own argument and who could argue more fervently about how their interpretation was right. That plus the cringy roleplaying and 6 hours holy shit.

Also
>When you join the confederates, you start finding them off of nearly all Hunters (including blood drunk ones), all of whom have had their blood ministered

Yeah, while having leprosy take some of his skin away
Honestly, I think it's a metaphor for you taking on a gank squad with a retarded host

The post I made is in relation to the two points you made in the original post

>Unfinished content
>AoA being shit when AotA wasn't that great in all honesty and DaS2 fucking had SOTFS

In regards to the "hallway design" of 3, 1 had some hallway as fuck areas. The difference is that 1 is the only game in the series where you can go to and fro other hallways by some other connection. Undead Burg, both sections of Blighttown, etc. are linear like shit. Farron Keep, and Undead Settlement are both pretty open to exploration and open ended.

bruh any video game developer knows world of warcraft and the insanely popular leeroy jenkins meme. even the japs

Daily reminder that the Chosen Undead is forever alone.

I don't remember Ludwig growing Vermin anywhere on his body.

>is this common ye olde english name a reference to a shitty WoW meme
I don't know who's baiting who anymore.

Kalameet is easy PRECISELY BECAUSE we all spent 40 minutes trying to cut his tail.

By the time you finally succeed, you know all his moves inside and out, and actually killing him seems like a much easier task because you can just hit him anywhere.

Ludwig had a lot of shit growing on him, mostly horse...and that lamprey mouth thing.

I was the Confederate. I'm so sorry. It was like driving a truck downhill, only to realize that the brakes weren't working, and needed to start swerving to hit as few as I could. The only difference is that the other guy had his foot on the floor, didn't want to let up.
Just take this, let me slip back into anonymity, and remember that it is only human to commit a sin.

If you consider Dark Souls 2 and 3 canon then both of Dark Souls 1's endings are the same: both will end uo with either the flame growing back again or starting to fade again.

Is anyone playing SOTFS on PLAYSTATION right now??

The thing is, I didn't, and I beat his ass the first time. His flame attacks are too slow, and the beak ones heavily telegraphed and easily sidestepped
He also doesn't have too much hp and any time he charges or does a breath attack you can easily heal to full

Ya know, you're probably right. I just never really saw World of Warcraft as something that ventured far out of America, but that's just muh 'tism rising.
Not baiting. I just thought that it was interesting, as it was specified "Paladin" Leeroy when summoning and being invaded by him.
My only question, if that's the case, is what would the short term effects be. However, that goes pretty deep into speculation territory and I want to stay away from that even though it's Dark Souls.

Yeah but that thing he was growing on his neck was eyes. He somehow grew eyes on the inside and that's why that mouth spews arcane cum. That's totally different from vermin.

I forgive you

Thank you.

Just finished upgrading these two beautiful things.

Surprised I was when I found out that DaS2 has 2 greataxe movesets, one for double axes and one for single edge axes, and both have horizontal and vertical strikes.

Who would've thought that DaS2 that was so criticized for having no moveset variety would trump over DaS3 with its single greataxe moveset (save BKGA) that consists entirely of overhead smashes.

Surely, we all deserve mercy, yes.

I have never heard any of this before. Fantastic. Cool stuff.

It is only human to commit a sin...
(Five minute period of unskippable laughter)

>Hey Donkey, do you think he is compensating for something?

But if we're too loud praising him, we might spoil his focus!

Make that ten minutes

I swear, pardoners better make it into TRC, or at least their armor set. From would really be missing out if they passed them up.

It looks long big and strong but it can't reach where it actually counts

>doing return to drangleic on PC
>forever waiting for summons at Duke's dear Freja

In the meantime, got a question: If I'm a 30/30 hexer, is it worth spicing down the required int for Dark Greatsword? Or is the damage still gonna be ass? I want to use something other than dark orb at some point.

>using horizontal slashes in a corridor

you deserve everything bad that happens to you

What was the Ringed City boss leak again?

I didn't realize I was two handing until it was too late

but that was really my fault, I panicked

I am

if only I were a woman

I hope gavlan makes a cameo in the ringed city.
I miss gavlan.

Use one handed moveset. Watched thag shitskin oeeve use it, it's disgusting. No skill required to win.

Wait a second

the spellbook says "Quelana"... and we found it by a spiderlady corpse, does this means that Quelana actually found her sister's corpse after I murdered her ass for an estus upgrade?

So I got the CE table for DaS2 and figured out how to get a sunsword in.

IF I do get it in will my account be soft banned?

What's the right way of duping in items?

souls are the leftover essence of seath's scales of immortality. he went mad trying to return them to their physical form and settled for immortalizing his own soul instead.

yeah she just chilled with her after realizing you probably murdered Kelloggs.

That 2bats end up as the Demon Prince in the not-3rd phase

Everything else is speculation

-crimsonbat
-snakesoul
-ruincapitolking
-matherdoragon

this leak was waaay before crimson bat was revealed, so it's very credible.

Nah he's gone forever.
Vengarl is the most likely to show up, followed by Jester Thomas

>beat the second DLC
>after beating both, the painter gives you a pendant
>if you go to the kiln with the pendant, the SoC bossfight starts even if you already defeated him (he basically respawns)
>as you deliver the final blow, he backs away and says
>"wait, ashen one, it's all a prank, you're being recorded"
>the arena is revealed to be greenscreen
>all the npcs, old and new, artorias and orstein, gwin and manus, are there laughing and applauding

How mad would you be with a joke ending like this?

The plot elements are pretty straightforward. Linking the fire prolongs the age of fire again, like Gwyn's sacrifice did, returning light to a darkening world and keeping hope alive for the next generation; if you've played DS3/AoA, it's really the same thing the friendly Corvian is talking about when he thanks you for lighting the fire that will destroy his world (and probably him as well). We can pretty safely assume that it'll be a repeat of the era between Gwyn's linking and the Chosen Undead's. Choosing the dark lord ending is discarding that idea to grasp as much power for yourself as you can, and forge forward into a bold new era where you're not sure what will happen, leaving the age of gods behind, or perhaps becoming a god yourself.

As far as what motivates your character to do either one, that's pretty much up to you, but there's multiple aspects to both endings. Those who link the fire are choosing death for themselves for the sake of those who will follow, which is pretty noble, but you can also argue that they're just unnaturally prolonging an era of delusion; the gods of fire are not really gods, and the hope that comes from fire is a lie - darkness is the true nature of the world. Those who become dark lords seem primed to walk fearlessly into that abyssal dark and navigate it on their own, but whether they can maintain their will is something that not even they can really know, and that choice could just be leading the entire world into despair and ruin for the sake of the CU's own hubris. DS3's version of the dark ending sure doesn't seem to indicate that there's anything to darkness but total deathlike oblivion. The DS1 version seems more like the Lord of Hollows ending, though, so that's again up to you to fill in.

Ya think the madmans will actually give us a lore explanation for the transition to iron keep?

Alright, I'll bite. I won't even ask why the hell you think Seath had scales at one point, and instead I'll just ask how the hell he lost them.

I wouldn't be, it'd be amazing. Imagine after that going out to some restaurant with Navlaan, Vengarl, Gavlan and Solaire.
Maybe Siegward as well.
Glorious, mate, glorious.

FC UP?

wow! cool do you want to play? my soul memory is ~800k I think.

With a furry? No thanks

that's really because DS2's style of creating weapons was to have almost no attacks unique to a particular weapon. instead they had basically one or two sets of generic animations for each class, tons of weapons in every class with different stat spreads, and used varying combinations of the generic attacks and stats to create uniqueness. you can consider santier's spear to be the epitome of this design mindset; santier's spear was a unique weapon, but only was unique because it was a combination of generic attacks from widely different weapon classes that otherwise didn't mix.

it's pretty much the opposite of the bloodborne philosophy, where not a single attack animation is shared by more than two trick weapons, and the bulk of weapons have entirely unique movesets, but there's only 26 weapons in the game including DLC, whereas DS2 has three-four times as many.

you can prefer whichever you like, but DS2's style is doomed to feel samey because pretty quickly you'll find that every new weapon you get just uses animations that you've already used.

DS3 unfortunately didn't really pick a style.

what?? how can you even assume that you spaztoid faggot virgin. get outta here.

Thank you. I truly appreciate the descriptive answer.

So each decision falls into a moral gray zone, neither being good or evil, or at least as far as I can tell.

My question is: Would letting the flame die out cause something akin to the DLC? You know, with the abyss and stuff staining the world and degrading people down to the state of the enemies inside of the Oolacile Township.

This is a pretty accurate summation of how things stand at the time of DS1, yes.

Although I'd just add that the game has some ambiguity on what exactly the end of the Age of Fire entails on a very base level. On one hand, Dark itself only exists because the First Flame was there to introduce disparity to the Age of Ancients, so it stands to reason that after the First Flame, which is the cornerstone of all reality, dies, and takes with it all rules of nature, so would Dark as well. But the game is never exactly clear on that point being a confirmed fact, even though the rules it puts forward on how the Flame works would point ot that, so from a base metaphysical level the Age of Dark is just either:

>The very tail end of the First Flame's lifespan, where the power of the Dark Soul has grown to its maximum levels and the laws of reality are collapsing one after another but the Flame still has a bare minimum of energy left to sustain only the simplest of disparities, like here and there or light and dark, but no ability to actually PRODUCE light so all that remains is Dark. But said energy would be finite, and after it is completely spent even Dark would fade away and all would return to fog.
or
>It is actually what happens after the Flame irreversibly runs out, which means that very basic framework of reality introduced by it shows a degree of ontological inertia and continues to exist even after the source that sustain it is gone, so that there will never be a return to the times of endless fog, stone archtrees, and Everlasting Dragons.

Anyone around ~250k SM can help me check if I'm soft banned?

I haven't played in a while and I cheated a long time ago.

I'm not trying to defend DaS2, but I feel like DaS3 is even worse on that aspect.

>post an animu loli fursona animal wearing cp bait picture

What did you espect

No one can know for sure, but all we have are the facts presented in-game:

>Kaathe claims that the Age of Dark is the Age of Man. But that's not 100% true because it is actually the age of Humanity, which is what gains power as the flame wanes.
>Kaathe claims that the Dark when properly harnessed is a great power that will succeed the power of the Lord Souls
>all civilizations that have attempted to tamper or harness with the Dark one way or another have suffered horrible catastrophes, like Oolacile and New Londo
>shards of Humanity has a tendency to grow rampant and out of control, resonating with each other and causing the spread of the Abyss
>Kaathe claims that all those that fell to the Abyss did so because they were too weak to handle it properly.

That is all that comes to mind. There's no answer given, so the best you can do is take what you know and extrapolate on what you think is likely to happen based on that.

It's just a loli bitch in a gaping dragon costume chill out and spend less time on Veeky Forums jesus christ.

Untended Graves is probably close to what the Age of Dark is like.

The gods want you to think yes, and are legitimately terrified of the answer being yes for justifiable reasons.

The heavily implied answer is no, though. The Abyss explicitly sprung from Manus, whose Humanity went mad and spread infinitely, uncontrolled from out of him like a cosmic "GIVE ME MY PENDANT BACK REEEEE" tumour.

An Age of Dark is hinted at being more of a world reset button where souls dwindle out to nothing and new ones stop being created, so only humans can really survive and flourish, and the only things otherwise that get through an Age of Dark are those that have amassed hugely powerful souls and then used their powers extremely sparingly, like the incognito gods and figures that reappear under different identities.

After an Age of Dark has gone on long enough, a new Age of Fire begins, since after the First Flame, the world is conceptually unable to return to a state without disparity. When it gets too dank, a blazing it spontaneously happens, and the whole cycle repeats.

i'm never shy to defend ds2 where it deserves some defending, and i did like that because of the sheer number of weapons you were almost certain to find one that had everything you liked and nothing you didn't (KUGS for me).

i think ds3 would feel a lot better with more and better weapon arts, and fewer str/dex stat spreads. bringing back the crushing/sharp/quality upgrades was probably a bad idea on this front, they were right to take them out of ds1 and should've kept on with that.

>The Abyss explicitly sprung from Manus, whose Humanity went mad and spread infinitely, uncontrolled from out of him like a cosmic "GIVE ME MY PENDANT BACK REEEEE" tumour.
While this is true, it's important to remember that there are no links whatsoever between Manus and Carthus, and yet Wolnir is also being consumed by the Abyss. Same with the Profaned Capital, whose coal is explictly told to be partially based on the power of the Abyss.

What's your favorite build to pvp as /dsg/?

I thought it was pretty clear it was an inertia thing. Just because you killed Manus, it doesn't mean the Abyss suddenly disappears on its own. It's a complete ecosystem by the point you finally do him in, and it lingers even to the present where you can find pockets of it in Darkroot. DkS2 canonizes that Manus' core being broke into pieces and the Abyss split up with it, and keeps resurging as new entities are spawned from it. It's very likely to still be the same thing Manus created, because it's otherwise just about impossible to eradicate, and keeps growing and changing and being defeated every age.

Counter damage and sweet spots

Counter damage occurs when an attack connects during a foe's animation, and weapons do more or less damage depending on which part of the weapon hits the enemy

I don't know if I like the sweetspot mechanic

It makes sense but it isn't like real life where you can "feel" where the weapon head is. In a third person camera and without feeling the weight and balance of the weapon in your hands it's just hard to tell

Str/Int

I invaded someone n' killed them and they messaged me

"Woooo pedaso de puto"

I am actually revolted and feel sick

why do they exist

Which ever is most effective.

This has always been a shit meme.

Hold up. Where do you find pockets of the abyss in Darkroot?

It's barely a meme, it's down there with Milhouse

When I read that, I imagine some guy getting a bit of humanity, then some more, and it grows exponentially and he becomes Manus 2.0 in a sense. Who that would be is beyond me, but it's a thought. It seems like a situation like that would basically require constant "supervision" of humanity and keeping them separate to prevent growth.

And the whole age of fire thing is a lot more straightforward, other than that it might just be a big delusion and ruse to keep the gods from getting weaker or destroyed. Also, the CU gets to be a part of the SoC in DaS3.

So the cycle is either extended but weaker, or just reset after a period of time?

>When it gets too dank

I laughed harder than I should've when I read that.

I consider myself fairly well versed when it comes to vocabulary, but holy shit can I not understand a word I read. Please tell me if I'm close to what you mean for both greentexts.

>The very tail end...

So things start becoming muddled to the point that things like basic physics would become moot, and eventually a fog almost akin to DeS would overtake the land?

2. Things continue on, but without gods or other immortal beings? It would just be humans?

youtu.be/F9L4q-0Pi4E

That's the album from that gif. If it starts partway through, it's because I don't know how to make it start at the beginning every time, but I tried my hardest.

Why do all the mace in ds2 suck? There's the regular old mace and morning star, the archdrake mace I guess, then EVERYTHING ELSE is a piece of wood or some ridiculous fantasy weapon.
Fucking hell, I'm so sick of using the mace, but every other blunt weapon is some impossibly big dragon bone or flaming chunk of iron or stupid shit like that.