/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

>HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
Tentatively expect a beta in mid-March 2017

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jgMEv8qmKRs
skyrim.jpn.org/images/1013/101312.jpg
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557/?
uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Farkas
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82152/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82282/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spiderpost

Waifus and a lore and a harmo and a ny

May I have your attention please?
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Cumtears please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Cumtears please stand up?

youtube.com/watch?v=jgMEv8qmKRs

First waifupost of the thread.

Nice HUD, nerd

Forgot to turn it off. Ah well.

/tesg/ I have a question. I have a merge for all my armor mods. Some of the mods add to leveled lists, so NPCs are wearing some of the items from the mod.

I wanted to add a new plugin to the merge, so I rebuilt it. But, it seems like some of the FormIDs changed, so now NPCs are naked. Is there a way to prevent it from changing the FormIDs? I'm fine with it changing FormIDs from the original mod, I just want them to be consistent in the merge.

POST YER NEWEST SCREENSHOT

I can't because the mods will delete it even if it's censored.

I ought to take some new ones today

Awwww Goaty is such a qt.

okay

Moshi moshi.

All right, Imma go to sleep now. Tomorrow is a busy day.

Newest I can post on a scandinavian fishgutting forum

Wish I could help, maybe you'll get an answer later today when it's more active

this is the last one in my folder and therefore the newest.

there are 2 others that are "newer" but don't dont really look nice with the boards beackground color. the blue color makes mods delete them.

Guys, frostfall stopped showing up in my mcm, and all the solutions involve either waiting, forcing mcm to reload the menus and switch to mo, all of witch I have done or was already doing.Do I have to redownload and reinstall it? the whole mod list?

GTA 5 npc grade faces

>nexus.jpg

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Can someone upload that Portal core mod from Steam? I can't find it anywhere.

skyrim.jpn.org/images/1013/101312.jpg
japan pls

NO. She's vicious

NO! She is cute! CUTE!

>that chin

which husbandos would you want at your side in a sword fight

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

Please

Yours.

All of them at once. I'd have a nice little squad

Haar

Faust.

Juno

Ser Knight.

>my futa penis is a rabbit, your argument is invalid

>needing help in a sword fight
nope

Well time for my yearly attempt at playing modded Skyrim again. Except this time my game magically broke (maybe an update when Skyrim HD came out?), and crashes at the title screen (with Continue, Load, etc.). That being said, I followed Knot's (with a side of Gopher) guide to putting in mods, but I know some of the mods are heavily outdated now, like Realistic Lighting Overhaul, go with Relighting Skyrim or ELFX. Any suggestions?

Also, is it worth swapping over to the HD version? Or is the base + full mods still better?

HE DEAD

Then he'll stand by me in spirit.

I'd suggest TKRE ENB with the ELFX core files (nothing else) The HD version is more stable but the lack of mods is what prevents almost everyone here from playing it

Ser Knight is so dogmatic though. Would he really consider Heiko worthy?

Ser Knight is gay and would love heiko massive cock

>ELFX core files (nothing else)
which are those?

also the normal weather in TKRE is kinda ugly, i always have to use fw 81a to make it look good. Its washed out and kinda grey in any other weather.

He is NOT gay!

>and crashes at the title screen

That's normal. This thing is great: nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557/?

That just means Skyrim's pushing a lot of foggy weather onto you. It's not TKRE's fault.

>also the normal weather in TKRE is kinda ugly, i always have to use fw 81a to make it look good. Its washed out and kinda grey in any other weather
Either you're doing something wrong or your opinion sucks

Use 10e1ec or 10a244

Erik the Slayer and Fargas seem pretty dependable dudes. Maybe even Cicero. For all his insanity I'm sure he'd be loyal and ruthless in combat.

NOTE; disable papyrus logging if you suddenly find your harddrive nearly full.

I recently noticed i had only 10 gigabytes of free space on my harddrive after awhole day of paying skyrim and i realised the papyrus log file weighted 150 gigs.

Nobody should leave papyrus logging on ever, it's only for temporary troubleshooting situations.

>he fell for the papyrus logging meme

I am not a smart man i do know that.

Has anyone used both ELFX and Relighting Skyrim? I've used ELFX for a long time, but Relighting Skyrim doesn't look half bad. What are the pros and cons?

Relighting Skyrim is realistic because it plants lights at actual light sources, but overall quite boring. ELFX similarly utilizes actual light sources, but places a lot of custom light sources around to balance things and uses a wider range of colors. Some people find the expanded palette to be unrealistic though.

My husbando.

ELFX is the best lighting option, but Relighting is fine if you're ok with trading for performance.

What Skyrim SE got that Oldrim doesn't?

>Fargas
It's Farkas.
What about /tesg/ husbandos?

bait

64bit

What? His name really is Farkas.

Rain occlusion, properly flowing water, higher limits for number of active NPC AIs, piss filter, new bugs.

Blurry snow that you have to disable.

We have those things with mods though. I assume he's talking about SSE versus modded skyrim.

>properly flowing water
That's great. Is there any mod that adds it to oldrim?

It's true
uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Farkas

Skyrim Reloaded

>We have those things with mods though. I assume he's talking about SSE versus modded skyrim.
Real Shelter is garbage, looks like shit, and performs poorly.

Skyrim Reloaded has flow-based water, but using SKGE precludes you from a lot of ENB features.

The AI limits are an engine limitation. SE has much more efficient AI processing. Mods can't fix this in Oldrim.

No ENB has a piss filter quite as ugly as SE's.

You can't mod Oldrim to introduce the retarded new bugs Bethesda added to SE.

>Real Shelter is garbage, looks like shit, and performs poorly.
It only looks like shit if you use ENB, so there's no point in bringing it up since SSE doesn't have ENB anyways.

>Skyrim Reloaded has flow-based water, but using SKGE precludes you from a lot of ENB features.
See above

>No ENB has a piss filter quite as ugly as SE's.
See above

If you're argument is "but using ENB is a better option," you're free to apply that to the entirely of SSE at any given time.

You know what I'm talking about, baiter.

Followerfag.

¿

Don't use the smug kaicho as a shitposting tool pls

And SE can keep him.

>It only looks like shit if you use ENB, so there's no point in bringing it up since SSE doesn't have ENB anyways.
Sure, but it doesn't change the fact that Real Shelter is often laggy and doesn't work at all unless you have a patch to specifically enable Real Shelter in a specific area.

Rain occlusion works automatically everywhere in SE.

>See above
Again, the advantage here is there's no downside to SE's water flow.

>See above
In case you didn't figure it out, the comments about the piss filter and bugs were a joke.

My argument isn't that ENB is a better option. It's that some of these features are way better than what anything for Oldrim can provide. It's also funny to me that you're trying to turn this into an argument where an argument didn't exist. Not only that, you cherrypicked things you thought you could shoot down, and ignored the rest of my post.

No shitposting here user, just dishing out some 2ez crushing reality.

Am I being memed my dudes? How can this piece of shit nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82152/? win the File of the Month over this nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82282/?
The weapons look like plastic. Literally worse than Immersive Weapons.

It has like half the downloads and endorsements as well. Also what in the ever loving fuck is with that cultist-tier comment section? Holy shit, this bitch nigger is so defensive over his mod, he even started crying when Zerofrost uploaded his mod.

>SSE doesn't have ENB anyways.
But that's wrong.

SSE does have ENB. It's not nearly as good as Oldrim ENB, but it exists. And the shaders it adds are stuff that would conflict with SKGE and Real Shelter in Oldrim.

You don't know what you're talking about.

The legendary nexus shitty taste.

Not the poster you've been talking to.

What happens if you use ELFX Exteriors with ENB and another weather mod?

If it really is bad, is it baked into my save meaning I have to restart?

>Rain occlusion works automatically everywhere in SE.
I suppose, but in the end it doesn't change the fact that a game modded with Real Shelter will still have rain occlusion and that's what matters. Trust me, if we started talking about inferior visual additions, I can write a laundry list about SSE.

>Again, the advantage here is there's no downside to SE's water flow.
Except you're using SE, which you personally already established is an inferior option to using ENB. Water flow is a small sacrifice for weather based water choppiness, superior reflections, rain parallax, quality caustics, etc.

>My argument isn't that ENB is a better option. It's that some of these features are way better than what anything for Oldrim can provide.
Do you really want me to write that laundry list mate?

Quality subsurface scattering.
Quality SSAO and indirect lighting
Fucking PARALLAX, which is completely disabled in SSE
Detailed shadows that aren't shit
Quality reflections
Utter lack of pissfilters
Vastly superior godrays from several sources

I could go on and on about the benefits Skyrim has over SSE.

> Not only that, you cherrypicked things you thought you could shoot down, and ignored the rest of my post.

I commented on literally everything except your mention of AI. Congratulations, you can have a stupid number of actors on screen waggling weapons at each other. Completely doesn't matter. And with memory tweaks we can still do a lot for the number of on-screen actors. I have the entire Populated series and the game doesn't bat an eyelash at it with options like Crash Fixes and ENB.

SSE has literally nothing that makes it worth playing, whereas Skyrim has tons and tons of reasons why it's superior in nearly every way imaginable.

GO HOME OLDRIM GIRL

>Utter lack of pissfilters
More importantly, if you want the pissfilter you can easily introduce it.

Oh please, it have ENB in the same way Fallout 4 has ENB: just fucking barely. It counts for nothing as far as this discussion is concerned.

Its shaders don't conflict with Real Shelter at all, what are you even talking about? All Real Shelter does is temporarily force an overcast weather type when you go under a roof and add animated rain meshes around the actor during that time. It's completely up to the user whether they choose to use ENB rain shaders or not, but there's no actual conflict.

And I already mentions SR and ENB, in the very post you replied to. If it's not worth sacrificing ENB for those features, then you already cemented why Skyrim is superior to SSE.

And control its color and density!

I haven't hear about ELFX doing that, but maybe someone knows better. I have however heard that weather mods can do that to your save

>I suppose, but in the end it doesn't change the fact that a game modded with Real Shelter will still have rain occlusion and that's what matters. Trust me, if we started talking about inferior visual additions, I can write a laundry list about SSE.
How is Special Edition's rain occlusion an inferior visual effect after you just admitted that it works well?

>Water flow is a small sacrifice
I agree. It doesn't mean SE's water flow isn't a great feature.

Look, I don't use Special Edition. I'm not saying people should switch to Special Edition. They shouldn't. It sucks, and it's inferior to Oldrim. Switching to Special Edition would far and away be a massive downgrade. But that doesn't mean Special Edition doesn't have a small number of improvements over Oldrim.

Again, I don't understand why you're trying to turn this into an argument. No one is claiming that Special Edition is so much better than Oldrim, certainly not me. You don't need to defend it.

The fact that you're trying to use anime girl reaction images to bait me into getting mad and arguing with you about something we almost completely agree on is kind of sad. This doesn't need to be polarized, and I'd love for you to explain to me why you feel the need to polarize things and create arguments where they don't exist.

>If it really is bad, is it baked into my save meaning I have to restart?
Yes. You never want to use ELFX Exteriors or weather mods unless the ENB preset is specifically intended for use with them.

>It's completely up to the user whether they choose to use ENB rain shaders or not,
So what you're saying is, if I wanted to use Real Shelter with ENB's rain shader in Oldrim, it'll look like shit (but I'd have the option to disable rain shaders so it's fine!), but if I want to use rain shaders in SSE, the rain occlusion will look fine?

>Gave in and downloaded Defeat
>Got everything working after a few attempts(had the sexlab framework/defeat conflict bug)
>Went to test it out on some bandits
>They just murdered me
>Checked the mod, everything should be working fine
>Try again, this time surrendering
>They just took all my shit and kicked me out
>Mfw mai waifu is too ugly even to hatefuck in a damp cave surrounded by sex-starved bandits

She's a Bosmer. Are they just unfuckable by default? Can someone show me what a beautiful Bosmer looks like?

I really don't care for the change they made to Mileena's design.

I get it makes talking animations a bit easier and more logical, not to mention her teeth now look like they can actually tear off the flesh after piercing it, but the huge-ass mouth filled with needles looked a fuckload scarier.

Okay but why is it bad? I always hear how it's bad but nobody ever explains why.

>Okay but why is it bad?
It looks bad. Most ENBs already make the overworld darker. If you use both, it will look extremely dark and look bad.