/lozg/ The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Last Thread:

Snu snu

Shit ending

>tfw You go around freeing the Divine Beasts all game for HALF OF GANON'S LIFE BAR
>tfw FUCKING HALF OF HIS LIFE BAR
>tfw Not even strong enough to take down his first form

divine beasts a shit

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

Is BoTW Link the most fuckable ever?

what the hell are ores used for?
Whats the best way to make rupees?
how much does ores sell for

also whats the best case for the switch for on the go

My TV is only 720p, will I get better performance?

>Look up OoT release so I can laugh at this fucking plebian youngfag
>I, too, was 4 years old when it came out

>find a tireless frog under a rock
>try to catch it
>it jumps off a cliff
I guess it'd rather become a pancake than an elixir.

No

>Go into game expecting Paya to be best girl
>Suddenly Mipha is best everything

Is there a better waifu? She loves you way more than that whore Zelda, her brother is the best bro ever, she handmade boss ass armor for you, and she even gives you one of the best abilities in the game.

>wearing gerudo clothes
>guy tries to ask me out on a date
>they only response is to shut him down before he even finishes asking the question.

Goddammit Nintendo

I love how close you can get to the divine beasts when not on a quest in this game. When I first started, seeing the ruto beast flying around was amazing, then seeing the gerudo one from the tower, then walking right up to the goron one. Also the zora one as you were walking up to the domain, then they get bigger the closer you get
fun game

You also don't have to fight all the blights in a row

Does anybody else not miss the green tunic? I know it's classic but I really like he fact that Links has so many different clothing options now, not to mention I just think Link looks better in blue.

That pissed me off so much.
>Ganon with a shit ton of tools, probably the most powerful he has ever been
>"since you're a pro player, here's your reward: an easier boss fight that is already easy :^)"
The ending turned me the fuck off of this game. I had way more fun fighting the Lynel with flying heads around it than fighting gimped Ganon.
What makes me more mad is the fact that it could have been the GOAT boss fight from the series. All the mechanics are there, but they're poorly used. You just press parry to win.

Except she reeks of fish because she is a fish, and is literally cold-blooded, so even touching her would be yucky, nevermind fucking.

So presumably they have a hardware scaler...So... Why the hell doesn't it support "4k"

The smell of fish means it's decaying. I mean sure, she smells like fish, but that's because she's been rotting in the control room for 100 years

Are you sure you didn't miss one on Blatchery Plain?

Why don't you go back and check.

I walked past this rock this morning and had the urge to go lift it up.

How do I get the shrine that looks like it's inside hyrule castle?

An incredible game soured by a shitty story, final boss fight, and ending.

pretty much

You found me!

Eh, some parts of the story are good. I genuinely enjoyed the characters and the way the past unfolded surrounding the Zora.

The story just needed a bit more polish and the final boss needed some... zazz.

Maybe hard mode will fix the final boss.

Yahahaaa!
Hehe!

Ill laugh at you, I was 11. Being an 11 year old with OoT is the greatest experience ever.

Give me a map that shows all Lynel locations, I need to go Lynel huntan.

what's being a wizard like?

I'll be there soon

A vile temptress caused me to lose my chance at awakening the vast arcane knowledge we all have. Don't lose your way like I did.

DINK life ain't so bad. Never have children

Inb4
We're just listening to an old man spouting nonsense at us trying to sell us jewelry in the shape of a tri force. We are playing his story.
>prove me wrong
This is taken straight from the official legend of zelda hyrule historia book.

So I just watched all the memories and I have to say at the start I thought this was the most shit Zelda but she's grown on me and I'd say currently she's the best Zelda of them all. It doesn't hurt that she's got a rocking body or at least an outfit that shows it off better than previous Zelda's

A question though. Did she unlock her power because she was willing to sacrifice herself, because she loved Link more than everyone else including her Dad or had she simply lost to much and the thought of losing more awoke her power

What do you get for completing the Hyrule Compendium?

I FUCKING LOVE MOBLINS.

Pros:
>Big
>Strong
>Tells funny jokes
>Lives cleanly
>Cute nose

Cons:
>None

So can you actually repair weapons in this game?
I'm getting pretty close to things breaking but I haven't actually broke anything yet because my crippling OCD doesn't let me use anything that says it's about to break.

No. When my shits almost broke I hurl it against walls to feel satisfied its dead.

You can repair some story weps only.

you can't repair any weapons

It awoke because she wanted to protect link cause she likes him. It was foreshadowed in another memory when Mipha was gonna tell her to think about the one she likes to channel her power.

>hasn't even gotten the tridents

It's remake, not repair.

If you hurl it at an enemy, it crits them.

Is there any kind of reward for completing all the dragon shrines? I kinda expected something triforce related seeing as the shrines are named after the virtues

>arguing semantics like an autist

It effectively accomplishes the same thing. Your broken weapon is returned in perfect shape.

>hasn't even played the game

the champion weapons can't be repaired, just remade when they're broken

Okay I... I might need to take a break and rethink this.
Maybe getting this was a bad idea.

I don't think I can actually get over this.
I feel like I'll lose my mind playing this.

There's a big difference between remaking and repairing.

The only thing I want to see in a patch is double weapon durability.

That's fair enough but whilst her relationship with her dad was rocky I can't imagine she wouldn't have tried to protect him and Urbosa and Daruk were like her elder siblings in how they looked after her and new her so well. A moist vagina drawing out more power than those ties seems kinda so-so

In real life, sure. In the game... no. Your broken weapon is fixed/returned/made not broken again.

There's literally no gameplay difference. Once its shattered you go get it made not shattered again.

I want to get a taste of Sidon's shark dicks(s)

>I can't imagine she wouldn't have tried to protect him and Urbosa and Daruk were like her elder siblings in how they looked after her and new her so well.
She wasn't even near them when they were dying compared to when Link was about to get his head sliced off two inches in front of her.

man noborus is super confusing

Reading her diary/research notes in her room in Hyrule Castle also helps a little with the story.

When playing this game i like to think about 100 years ago and that the game was the linear 3D Zelda that went to shit last second.

So basically as the king said she lacked a sense of urgency. I guess she really was a failure

Still can't play this game because Amazon screwed me over with my preorder.

When do you think switches will restock?

Man, where can a100+ year old go to get a decent drink around here?

Are there any cheats for this game ?

You're over complicating it.

Try taking a break from the game and come back.

I can understand conventional weapons breaking. I understand those lightning and fire rods depleting their charge. I can even understand that leaf getting holes in it over time and becoming unusable. But why do the ancient weapons break? They're fucking lightsabers, and yet Guardian Sword is less durable than Boko Club.

yeah I spent ages spinning around the segments trying to find a way to the top before realising you can just ride the spinning elevator thing up there

Spoil me, my good man. With Uni I can't play as much as I'd like plus I'm shit at the game so progress is slow

To be fair they are 10000 years old

They're losing power rather, when they stay attached on a guardian they're always on because the guardian is generating power towards it. At least that's my head canon.

Yeah probably! I've spun the segments to power the head, gotten the terminal in the head by raising it up, then there's the power in its butt. I feel like I'm being stupid dropping spears to power the butt, then running to the tail to get up there, but i'm not fast enough. Might try taking on the rito beast then coming back

What's your favorite region in the game?

Nevermind, making progress! I got up into ones of its domes

It's definitely easy to lose your train of thought with naboris but once that shit clicks you feel like you've transcended the boundaries of mortal knowledge.

So you're stuck at the bit wher you need to ride the tail up to the next level? You need to spin one of the segments to break the circuit, go to the tail and then put it back into position if that makes sense

I remember thinking that I was fucking stupid the first time I was in it, but after shutting the game off and trying it out the next day, it really wasn't that complicated at all.

Anyone know if there's a better way to get star fragments than hoping for a random drop at night? It's so fucking dumb that the Twilight Princess armor uses the rarest material in the game.

Yeah I just got it haha

Like says, it feels like it's all clicking into place now

>riding ganon horse
>see camp of sleeping bokoblins
>charge towards it and jump off when i get near
>horse still dashing
>tramples and kills three of the bokoblins
>throws the last sliver bokoblin away
Best Horse

>Realize way too late that by showing up in Zora's domain you upend Kaydeh and Kodah's marriage

I'm so sorry Innbro, you treat me way better than I deserve.

Where are all the Lynels located?

hey me too high five

I haven't explored Tabantha, Faron or Hebra much, but I love Lanayru and the Great Plateau is C O M F Y as fuck.

Okay I've played the game for a while and I'm still loving it. But what the fuck was that enemy those two reviewers were talking about? Something like it would see Link from a long distance out and would just stare? I haven't seen anything like that.

I've a bunch marked, but I don't know if they're those big guys, stones, or Lynel.
The one I remember very good, since he raped me thoroughly, is at the very north on the map, near the big skeleton where the Flamberge is.

Akala
It's so comfey looking. I would build a small house on a seaside cliff.

>One downhill of Akkala(?) Stable, in the forest.
>One on that mountain over Zora's Domain, from the shock arrow quest
>One in the Arena Ruins
>Two on the path west of the Mounted Archery Camp, by the giant horse
>Some amount in Hyrule Castle, in those cramped rooms that lock on you when you enter

That's all I can think of right now, and I think most of those are the blue mid-tier recolors.

Any hints for the last terminal in Noborus, in the cage?

Me neither, and I've done all the memories, guardians, and gone through the final boss.

There's one in the coliseum southwest of hyrule castle

>build a small house

Wow yeah me too! But instead all we get is some purchasable homes that we can upgrade but not really customize at all.

:^)

Nintendo probably won't do a Bethesda and throw out a DLC that adds some Heartfire-esque shit to the game either like home building or other basic open world rpg elements.

I found one in a platau in the jungle

Nevermind figured it out, easier than I thought!

Rotate it so you can access it from outside the main body

HomeS? Plural? I found the one in Hateno, but are there more?

*naboris

Do enemies suffer weapon durability or finite ammo?

What is with this game's fucking OBSESSION with arrows?

So many quests, secrets, side-quests etc require arrows and none of them actually give you any, you have to hoard them yourself at your own expense and effort or you'll just come again and again to things which you need an arrow to perform but can't.

The malice'd dragon can be done with bombs but then you require an arrow afterwards.

The lightning pattern on the cliff wall requires specifically a shock arrow, no other form of lightning will do.

Multiple korok secrets which require arrows and so on and so forth.

Weapons, bows, shields you get a constant flow of from everywhere, Arrows however you are genuinely expected to farm for at all times, shops sell worthlessly low amounts of them for extortionate prices and they're in constant demand, not for fighting enemies but for shooting targets and solving puzzles.

Even worse, many of the puzzles are specifically coded to respond only to arrows, you may well be able to perform the puzzle with something else, a thrown weapon perhaps, but the game will not trigger unless you used an arrow.

If the game demands that you must have an arrow to progress then it should give you 1 regular arrow nearby, that is not asking too much for your time.

thank you, i knew i had it wrong

Maybe they actually meant a Lynel? He will notice you from quite the distance if you have nothing equipped or eaten to silence you and throw those lighting arrows that rain directly from the sky at an unimaginable far distance.

I can't think of anything else, honestly.

No, no matter how much they whack you with their weapon its in perfect condition when you pick it up.

They're also a source of infinite arrows, so yeah.

Hate having the analogue stick at the bottom on the right joy-con desu.

Do you think Nintendo will sell joy-cons where both the analogue sticks are at the top?

I feel you. I'm always running low on regular arrows due to puzzles while having like 80+ of every other type.

Can you get them to pick up your weapon so when you kill them your weapon is like new?