Why are cars treated like garbage by authorities?

>yesterday I heard how a 1000 BHP Skyline was randomly towed and scrapped

>road tax authorities render all large engines/sports cars undesirable / unsellable

UK now offering you $2000 for you to scrap your $70,000 diesel BMW X6

>>road tax authorities render all large engines/sports cars undesirable / unsellabl

Maybe if you are American, not a problem here.

in many countries road tax/insurance have COMPLETE control over the market.

they effect prices of 2nd hand and desirability. they can make a car scrappable in an instant; no one wants to pay thru the roof road tax for a mint Jaguar S type. so its sent to the scrap coz its owner wont pay tax and no one wants to buy

>all that waste
But hey, lets add a tax for emissions because muh nature.

>UK now offering you $2000 for you to scrap your $70,000 diesel BMW X6

£2000 is a lot more than $2000, it will also be for cars 12 years old or more so the X6 isn't included as they weren't made back then. So it's about what a 2004 2.5TDi A4 Avant sells for.

Because a new car costs more money and they want you to be in debt.

Ausfag here my insurance is only $155p/m

>a lot more
>500 dollarydoos

Britfag here paying ~£600 a year insurance and ~£300 a year in tax for 6L W12. Hardly bank busting figures.

25% if you were offered that as a pay rise you would call it a lot,

do you want I give you $2000 for it and scrap it?

>pay rise
I thought we were discussing used german cars that go for 40-70k new?

kill yourself and leave this board

>only

>muh nature
>having a habitable planet is bad yo

No, so I won't take the offer. People only will if they are looking to change to a newer can and the one they have is worth less than £2000, you are aware this is a voluntary scheme aren't you?

Seems quite clear, was questioning if £2000 ~ $2500 is a lot more than $2000 it's 25% more paying or being paid 25% more for something would normally be considered a lot more, imagine if your bus fair went up by that amount.

After you.

They already took care of that with the implementation of the catalytic converter, anything more is just the usual money grab.

Wait, are we getting the scrappage scheme back?

I assume it is only against brand new cars?

Always thought people get too hung up on road tax figures, even the most expensive cars are £500 odd a year here in the UK which is a set of tyres or a few tanks of fuel. If you purchase the car at the bottom of the depreciation curve, or when depreciation is slowing down, then it isn't much of an expense. Look how new cars loose literally thousands in value year on year, but hey its fine because it only costs £120 in road tax.

Bizarre. You can even do it in monthly payments now.

>>yesterday I heard how a 1000 BHP Skyline was randomly towed and scrapped
Underage b& get out

Been pricing cars because I want a sporty FWD car. Im constantly amazed at how cheap they are. Anything thats not a muscle car drops in value faster than adolescent girls.

This Also, insurance regulation in the US is utterly broken--everything serves the big writers' interests.

>having a catalytic converter

>wrong
The scheme only covers diesel vehicles built before 2005, the X6 was introduced in 2009 and is therefore ineligible

Yes, for 12+ year old diesel cars against new cars.

Welcome to post 5 in this thread.

i didn't read your faggoty little post user you fucking faggot

Clearly,it must be too hard for you and your brain cell.