Good Manual for first timer?

My dad is kind of a helicopter parent so he gets freaked out by cheap Civic SI's and even older Corollas. He only trusts premium cars like the normie fag he is and is deliberately wanting me to find a Lexus, Acura, BMW, Mercedes or Audi.

Here are my choices:
1. Acura TSX Manual
2. Acura TL Manual
3. Audi A4 2.0T Manual
4. Audi A3 2.0T Manual
5. BMW 530i Manual

What do you think, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/6091530756.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who is paying for the car?

TSX and TL are fine, look for an 2013 or older Acura ILX manual while you search.

Mi padre. Price range is give or take no more than 10K.
Impossibru to find where I come from.

While all bigger sedans? Why don't you get an econobox or hot hatch desu?

I get a hard-on from utilitarianism. I love sedans because I can fit friends; plus my dad thinks it is safer.

Audis are the most comfy ones, but aren't a driver's car. BMWs are nice, but you picked a barge model for some reason? Acuras are a shitty meme.

3-series would seem to sporty for mi padre. Audi's have an I4 that I heard have interchangeable parts with VW I4's. Acura's have reliable engine desu.

Audi or Acura mang.

Either of those Acuras would make great first cars
>reliable
>cheap to run
>fun
>practical
>decent interiors

The TL is a nicer American Accord and is bigger, comes with a stout V6
The TLX is a nicer European Accord and is smaller, comes with a revvy 4 banger

WHICH ONE?!

530i? as in e39 530i?
if he's also paying for maintenance or you're willing to work on your own car, go for that, much better than anything else on the list in almost any way

What does your padre think of an STI hatch?

Nvm the maintenance would kill me.

Where do you live? If you do a lot of highways driving the more powerful TL would be a much better choice, it's bigger and more comfy too

If you don't mind stretching your budget just a little bit you can get this gen with AWD. Keep in mind that's $14k Canadian so it's more like $11k US

He dislikes hatches, and would see the STI hot hatch as too boy racer. My dad isn't an idiot; he's an engineer. He knows which cars are fast and which aren't.

>utilitarianism
Stop using words you don't understand. Also if you actually were concerned with utility you'd go for a wagon, a SUV or a truck. Your list includes both A3 and 5-series which is idiotic in the extreme.

I'd find an e90 sedan desu

That's mad money desu. Btw, thanks for actually looking for a car lol.

I actually attend CMU, so I live in Pittsburgh. It's nothing but intersection after intersection, thought sometimes I do head out to NYC to see mi familia.

It's like a grand more than your budget after conversion, worth looking into desu

I know, but I really don't want to stretch my dad thin financially.

You could try chipping in yourself. Sell those game consoles you never use and whatever other useless junk you have

Or you know, just lowball

Get a job and make the rest, you can make $1k in a few weeks. Not worth buying something for $10k when you could have had better for only a few weeks of work.

Two issues with that:
1. I intern at Subaru in Cherry Hill. I have a friend who drives a Subaru Impreza, and when I try to talk to him about his car, he always seems to yell some mudslime shit and goes away. About this internship: it sucks and I don't get paid.
2. I already sold my consoles before college. Even my old G27 wheel. I can't sell things I need to survive.

Listed to this guy

By trying to save a thousand you'd end up with a 3rd gen TL which are all high mileage and thrashed by ricers because "muh last real TL"

You could always sell your virginity

I actually want 2nd gen TL's and 1st gen TSX's.

15 year old shitboxes now days

The AWD system in these is so underrated, imagine supercharging one of these for one hell of a sleeper

toyota soarer z30 with 1jz-gte and r154
aka lexes sc300/sc400

Too old.

it's very fun to drive w big single

Manuel's are dead, get an automatic with lag less paddle shifters.

I doubt you'll get a good 530 in your price range. Could get a smaller engine one. You definately could get a nice cadillac CTS iwth teh big engine.

Id take the A3 but I dont like boat cars.

Just let him pick out the car, since he's the one paying for it.

I bought my first car at 27y/o, it was also my first manual which I didn't know how to drive before it got it.

I went with an 2004 wrx lol

I drive a 3rd gen TL, so I'm biased towards that. Absolutely love driving it.
Manuals are hard to come by, so finding one is usually difficult. Also keep in mind that the auto transmissions are certain to fail after 100k miles on the 04, 05, & 06 years. 07 and 08 TL fixed that issue. But you're looking for a manual so whatever.

>3rd gen TL are all high mileage and thrashed by ricers because "muh last real TL"
s-stop it hurts

>27 years old
Do you mean 17 or

>I drive a 3rd gen TL, so I'm biased towards that. Absolutely love driving it.Manuals are hard to come by, so finding one is usually difficult. Also keep in mind that the auto transmissions are certain to fail after 100k miles on the 04, 05, & 06 years. 07 and 08 TL fixed that issue. But you're looking for a manual so whatever
this was meant for OP

27. I always used hand me downs

Despite what all the idiots on Veeky Forums say you'll actually have a tonne of fun in the a4 2.0t especially if it's Quattro. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Rsx-S or Integra-R

TSX, then add Accord Euro R bits. Don't get an Audi unless you're fully aware of what you're getting into, similar story with BMW.

Get an early 2000s Acura RSX and don't tell him it's literally the Civic Si of that era but with a worse interior and less practical space. The shift mechanism and low end k20 are god tier for a daily and car to learn manual on.

should i buy this miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/6091530756.html