twitter.com/AnonBabble

>f1 cars actually used to look cool

Learn something new every day.

The first turbo era

nah Id say late 70s-mid 80s

I like the 70s era F1 cars

particularly the Lotus JP special

I like the simple wingless look and crazy sound of the 60s cars

I'd concur with both of you for different reasons, and I think we can all agree we're living in the absolute lowest time in F1 history which I figure adds emphasis to the argument... I think it's sad that the cars are getting so homogenized. A few more years of this shit and Formula 1 will become NASCAR with turns and talent

Bernie, please just go fuck off, the fans don't want you back

The 60s cars are cool as hell

Old F1 cars in a whole are just beautiful.

might just randomly dump old f1 cars.

Ah yes, back when Monaco was actually a competitive race. When the cars weren't nearly as wide as the streets

Late 80s was bretty good too desu
youtu.be/sKqtbLYIv90

The early 80s were pretty fucking lit

The late 70s were great too.

The era when drivers had more steel within their nutsacks than in their whole chassis! t. Nascarfag

F5000?

>I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, the post.

I'm going put a few of these here cause they've been on my phone for over a year

>A few more years of this shit and Formula 1 will become NASCAR with turns and talent
so you mean it will actually be good?

smaller performance gaps between cars = better racing

did you really enjoy Mercedes winning every race?

its pretty much right before they b& everything

You can buy these replicas with a stronger tube chassis, modern brakes, tires, and suspension, and an LS3

It already has, its been that way for at least the last 5 years.

holy fuck that's a good looking car

For the majority of F1's history what won races was 60-70% the design of the car and the other part the driver and the team.

Making more rules means that there will be more cheating and more boring races.

>mfw 200 dollar ebay turbo and cat delete

unequivocally the greatest f1 car

were the engines that open during the actual races?

even more so if you look at the lotus 49

Downforce was a mistake.

I mean it dramatically increased the cornering speeds of f1, I like how the 66-67 cars look the best out of any f1 cars and then wings were introduced in 68 but I wouldn't say they were a mistake

Any 2strokes with expansion chambers?

1. F1 cars this year are fucking awesome. Hueg tires, hueg wings, and the cars are quite different in design if you would actually look. So it's not the lowest time in F1 history by far.

2. Bernie doesn't even run F1 anymore you fucking retard

Mister Moustache himself, mah nigga.

Indeed.

mid 80s to late 90s was the peak.

All more cornering downforce does is lead racers to gamble with their grip.

Too much power, too dangerous. Superior racing is sliding out of the turn since you know intimately going into it what forces you're going to experience, then battling out of it. That means the skill is in breaking and accellerating. You know, racing.

downforce skirts and diffusers basically turn cars into gliders. a little turbulence and the whole jig is up- you can't prepare for it, and you'll have too much power in the turns since you're relying on all that trash to hold you down.

I don't like it. ABS is a mistake too.

and before the argument comes out, because I'm ready for it

>faster cars is more fun
>wrecks are fun
no. drivers dealing with fear is fun. when you make the car super autopilot, the driver can get comfortable. when he crashes, chances are it was just turbulence which made him wobble. not exciting at all because the spectacle is divorced from skill.

F1 doesn't currently have abs or any electronic driving aids

Also, F1 is supposed to be the Pinnacle of open wheeled racing. It wouldn't be very interesting if F1 was slower than GP2 or Indy or something.

this

50's F1 was the most comfy. Racing in t-shirts, walking anywhere on the track, cars that drift every corner slightly because the tires have such a tall profile.

youtube.com/watch?v=vOTu_oq4RUo

And back then, the nurburgring was THE green hell:

youtube.com/watch?v=fkZwGa50eqM

Racing on a narrow track with no markings, bumpy asphalt right next to greasy vegetation and no armco between you and the gorgeous trees in the scenery.

I love how Jack Brabham created his own team and instead of hiring a driver said "I'LL take it from here.... plebs"

i guarantee you this guy has never driven a car that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds, why does this kind of retard always think F1 cars are easy to drive

I think what he meant was that although Bernie cashed out, he said a few days ago that "F1 is stupid and lame and I want to buy my way back into ruling something"

Fucking retard