How difficult/dangerous is it to daily a RWD sports car in the winter?

How difficult/dangerous is it to daily a RWD sports car in the winter?

A lot worse than an FF or AWD vehicle

if your car is really low to the ground you'll suffer from snow getting stuck under your car and potentially getting you stuck

Not very difficult or dangerous if you have good winter tires, a lot of weight in the trunk and some some sort of limited slip.

I daily a 306 horsepower RWD with all-season tires and it handles couple inches of snow just fine.

It isn't my girlfriend's father daily drives a Super Sport Camaro in an area that has a lot of hills and snow and ice he does just fine with it.

G35?

I had a MR2 Spyder as a daily for like 3 years, it did fine in the winter. Just gotta know how to control a slide and know your limits
>NJ btw

IS 350. Very similar power numbers to 350Z/G35

Like any car its all about the right tires and knowing how to drive it

You'll have a bit of limited traction with a relatively light car and wide tires (if keeping the stock size), but its not like you're gonna be dailying in a foot of unplowed snow or on the steepest hills with the sharpest corners

Do it user.

Whether you get the right tires or not doesn't matter because you'll need to figure out how to keep it straight.

What differences do these "high performance" winter tires have to "normal" winter tires? Are they just designed to stay sticky in cold temps, but not be very good on actual snow? I know you can get them in super wide sizes for supercars/muscle cars.

Its not.

All that matters is tyres.

If you are on shitty eco tyres or summer tyres, you are getting fucked regardless

Can you give us a few examples?

I think its probably more of a marketing term if anything. If there is a difference I'd still go with the ones that had the best reviews and tests.

Winter conditions arent conditions to fast in anyways

Its easy, just live in Phoenix.

>ice
>snow
>rwd
>just fine
Either studded tires or you are full of shit

Give us example of "high performance" winter tires

Nigguh u just dumb as fuck. I daily drove a supercharged AE86 for over four years in some seriously shit winters (I live in Northern Alberta, work in the mountains) Had half decent winter tires. I never got stuck or into an accident. Sorry your garbage at driving. leave Veeky Forums

c-can you post a pic of your car? or of your engine bay? I wanna see

icy story, bro

The Blizzak LM60 is a HP winter tire while the WS80 isn't, for example.

Might just be Tire Rack assigning arbitrary categories though.

I'd say that ws80 looks more like suv tire when lm60 looks like road car tire.
Basically you'll want to see a couple of tests to decide which one to get.
I use Bridgestone DMV-2 tires and they are great. Not perfect on ice, but then again, only studded tires are good on ice.