Can anyone tell me the advantages of V-8 and Inline 6...

Can anyone tell me the advantages of V-8 and Inline 6? Why are I-6 engines comparable to V-8s whenever people say "no V6s allowed"?

Also, whatever happened to those V 10s and Inline 8 engines?

Why aren't there any v7 engines?

v6 engines are built for space saving and fwd cars aka compromise engines aka cuck engines

the old style of V6 was just a V8 sans two cylinders, so it was balanced horribly.

American V8s make as much horsepower as you're willing to spend money.
Straight 8's don't exist anymore because of mainly packaging reasons. They're both very tall and very long engines that don't fit in a modern engine bay. Veeky Forums will claim it's because of the torsional vibration boogeyman but a stock straight 8 will never flow well enough to reach an RPM where the block is totaled.

>Can anyone tell me the advantages of V-8 and Inline 6? Why are I-6 engines comparable to V-8s whenever people say "no V6s allowed"?
What the fuck are you even asking? This is nearly incomprehensible. How is an I6 comparable in any way to a V8? It isn't. One is an IN LINE SIX one is a VEE EIGHT. They aren't remotely similar. V6s are shitty because they're poorly balanced and sound like crap.

>Also, whatever happened to those V 10s and Inline 8 engines?
They don't fit in much.

I6 is torquier than a v6 because balance or some shit like that.

>cuck

Found the cuck

look at pic related. V6s are unabalanced. They have an uneven amount of pistons firing on each side

It has nothing to do with cylinder layout.
Most manufacturers bothering to make an I6 build long stroke engines.

V8 and I6 engines are well balanced engine designs

V6 engines aren't

v6s are superior to v8s

At what? Delivering Pizza's?

People assume they make more torque because the connecting rods aren't against eachother in opposite directions. The fact is that their cylinder heads flow like fucking garbage and make terrible horsepower. They're also extremely heavy over the nose of the vehicle

top fuel cars couldn't use v6's or v10's even if they wanted to, you know because rules and all

>breaks down after a half a mile
LOL

V-(odd number) doesn't work.
There are Inline-7 engines, though. Built by some Finnish company.

What is that thing and what is the top thing that looks like a speaker? Why are there 3 tubes connected to the engine?

I thought Ford made the V8 after it made the V6 when they said eight cylinder engines were impossible?

Don't respond to alphonse

I wish some boutique manufacturer would make a straight 8 with modern technology. It would be cool to see how it would sound and drive.

People compare I6s with V8s all the time because I6s can produce as much displacement and torque as V-8s while saving space in the hood. That is what OP was asking.

Also, whenever people make those bait "ONLY VEE-AIGHTS ALLOWED" threads, they allow for some I-6 shit posting.

>People compare I6s with V8s all the time because I6s can produce as much displacement and torque as V-8s while saving space in the hood.
You are a complete idiot.

Pretty much. I only know about engines from what I read on Veeky Forums.

I'm mainly here for the memes.

>V-(odd number) doesn't work.
V5 worked out pretty awesome

Don't forget the volkswagen V5

Please leave and never come back.

this one has a 2jz

But the memes :(

You'd be doing Veeky Forums a favor derailing all of the nontechnical threads. Stay, friendo

>That fuckhuge turbo ober the engine

Fucking rad, makes me want to see this in a supra

At least he admits he doesn't know shit. He's already better than half the fucking board at this point.

True