FWD Daily Civic or Corolla?

I'm looking for a daily. What is better Corolla 2017 or Civic 2017? What car does have a better fuel consumption and fun to use? On paper the civic is better I think it's around 180hp, +40 more hp on the corolla 141, What do you think though?

>Also living on Asia, we don't have that ugly corolla usdm, we get corolla altis here edgier than corolla usdm.

Other urls found in this thread:

carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/
carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/
carcomplaints.com/Honda/Pilot/
youtube.com/watch?v=kK92JFhPc98
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>CVT transmissions
neither
Chevy Cruze or Kia Forte instead

Thanks for the input, I am also reluctant on getting CVT transmission. Although I haven't tried it yet, I heard they are bad. I'm not getting Kia that's for sure, Not sure about Cruze though.

can get stick on the civic

No Civic stick here on our country, motherfuckers only offered CVT transmissions. Also getting automatic, since traffic in this country is really bad. (before everybody goes batshit about automatic; i got stick wrx sti, just want some daily)

>chevy
>kia
legitimately not sure if bait. are you trying to get OP stranded in the middle of nowhere?

Death by hanging or death by drowning...

There's literally nothing wrong with CVT

cruze is a comfy little DD, good fuel mileage if you can handle the plastic interior

>There's literally nothing wrong with CVT

Except cvt's are literally lifeless and far less reliable than a regular automatic slushbox

no v6
no go

>far less reliable than a regular automatic slushbox

The only longterm data we have on consumer CVT cars is Nissan's garbage. I'm not suggesting OP should be a guinea pig, but we should at least give Honda and Toyota's stuff some time before making such definitive statements.

Besides, the number one selling points for both brands is reliability, I can't imagine they'd both be so willing to throw that away if CVTs by their very nature were really that bad these days.

Corolla is ancient shit, Civic is at least kept recent on the drivetrain

It's not just Nissan. Honda has used CVTs in the Accord since 2014, with similar reliability results to Nissan.
And GM tried it at one point. From 2002-2004, GM tried CVTs on the Saturn Vue and Saturn Ion Quad Coupe. They were discontinued because they kept failing so often and so spectacularly. It's literally the reason Saturn went down in reliability ratings from 2004 through 2007 since reliability surveys only use cars 3 years old. So the 2007 JD Powers reliability survey actually measures the reliability of 2004 model year cars.
Consumer Reports isn't any better since they have no hard figures, just predicted reliability. Predicted reliability of Consumer reports is literally just pulling shit from their ass with no fact-based evidence.

I only test drove a 17 Civic coupe with the 1.5T engine. The Civic is sort of responsive and quick enough; faster than the previous gen Si. Doesn't feel like the Civics of old, but that probably doesn't matter to you. Interior quality, design, and features are pretty fucking great on them too, especially in higher trims. The CVT pretending to be a standard automatic is a bit strange, but it was not completely awful. There are worse feeling automatic transmissions.

Don't think you'd regret a Civic as a commuter though. Just make sure to test drive the 2.0 vs the 1.5T if those are options where you are.

GM being shit is what I expect, but I've never heard anything bad about the 2014+ Accord. Are you just going off of random internet anecdotes, or are their actual hard numbers to prove there are issues with it?

>faster than the previous gen Si.

Wish people would stop with this meme. It's nearly half a second slower to 60, which is really good for the tarbo and really bad for the SI, but it's not faster in literally any head-to-head test people have done.

It's not exactly hard to believe. honda has always been notorious for shit and unreliable automatic transmissions. Why would a CVT change that?

The only good automatic Honda has right now is the 8 speed DCT used only in Acura models. Hopefully, the Civic will get a mid-year refresh, adopt the DCT and drop the CVT entirely.

> honda has always been notorious for shit and unreliable automatic transmissions.

Maybe 15 years ago. Since the 8th gen, they haven't had a worse automatic than any other company.

>has always been notorious for shit and unreliable automatic transmissions.

Virtually all cars sold in the US are auto, and Honda as a brand is known for reliability here. What you're saying doesn't make sense.

>What you're saying doesn't make sense.
carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/
carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/
carcomplaints.com/Honda/Pilot/

Seems to make perfect sense.

How am I supposed to know how that compares to the average? That sounds really good to me considering how many units they sell, I need a point of reference.

Why the fuck is that Corolla so much nicer looking than the bullsh8t we have in the us.

just get a civic for 3k. do something responsible with the rest of the money.

>Lifeless

THIS IS A FUCKING CIVIC, NOT A 300HP SPORTS CAR. I drive a 2015 Civic with a CVT and it's responsive enough to easily get me up to highway speed. IT'S FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH YOU DUMB FUCK. In fact, CVTs allow the engine to have a ridiculously low cruising rpm that 5-speed autos and DCTs could only ever dream about. It's just so much more quiet that I don't think I could ever daily-drive another shitbox without a CVT.

Rant over.

M A Z D A 3
A
Z
D
A

hyundai i20 if you get those

Oh they finally fixed the corollas front kinda?

american one is still retarded

Don't buy a Cruze. I had more fun driving a fucking Prius than that shit box.
Also, they're only good till about 100k km. After that, they become junk.

Oh that explains why I still see these terrifying little shits running around.

I would spoiler it if I could.

This.

New Corollas are garbage, don't even bother. The Altis looks edgier but it's still the same basic car that's been getting BTFOed in every comparison test in the US.

I hear the new Civics are pretty good, but I'd consider the Mazda3 if you actually enjoy driving. Depending on where you are in Asia the Mazda's handling might be worth more than the Civic's extra power, and personally I think it's much better looking and has a nicer interior. (The new Civic is a big improvement over last gen, but it still looks like a Honda, while the Mazda feels like a BMW or something.)

youtube.com/watch?v=kK92JFhPc98

Good video.

Try driving both and see what suits you better.

Never heard about CVT in Prius going bad tho.

Those never see any actual stress either.

>Kias
>bad

It's not the 90s anymore, user. Kia stepped their game up big time.

Post real pics, not renders.

Can someone sumerize this?

I'm already 2 minutes in and wishing I could just skim this shit instead of having to listen to this guy

Render or not, it's still leagues ahead of Corolla and Civic interior.

If you care about tech, get the civic. If you care about driving, get the Mazda3. If you plan to drive the car for 40 years until it does, get the Corolla otherwise it's trash.

He lives in Arizona. You need to take him seriously.

I think it's a real photo, just with studio lighting and a bunch of photoshop, actually.

Here's one from R&T, still looks pretty damn good for the money. I've been in a 3 and was quite impressed by it, and it wasn't even the updated '17 model.

Hey everybody, I just got off from work. Thanks all for the input although some an/o/ns sidetracked from the thread. Anyway, I'm either getting the Corolla Altis 2.0V (with paddle shift CVT) or the Honda Civic 1.5 Turbocharged. Looks like most of the majority here is saying to get a civic, though.

I tried redefining the Corolla Altis while I was at work, ended up with this. Looks cool as fuck.

New Elantra GT or Mazda 3 hatch.

Civic hatch with a 1.5L turbo and a 6 speed manual

Modern Toyotas are shit

Tranny failures were for their V6 cars like 15 fucking years ago

And the most complaints any Accord got was premature rear brake wear, which was fixed under a recall

>2001 Pilot
>Ignition switch problems
It's fucking nothing

OP here, no hatch here, also no manual. only CVTS offered on our country.

The Mazda3 has a good 6-speed automatic. It's a little louder, but it's better in some regards than the Civic and Corolla (handling, feel, infotainment).

The Elantra Sport is probably the best choice if you want a quiet ride.

Between the Corolla and Civic, get the Civic. The Corolla is pretty old-school in a negative way.

T H I S
H
I
S

nice samefagging

Get the Corolla or camary
Hyundai Sonata or Elantra
Chevy Malibu

Need a nap?

Hyundai elantra sport, you won't regret it. DCT and turbo engine making 201 HP

Definitely looks more aggressive and cooler but still kinda ugly in general. My '16 Corolla is ugly too but in a cute kinda way.

does the Elantra Sport also have the horrible steering as the base Elantra? Electric power steering was a mistake.

From what I gather the steering is a bit numb like all Hyundai's, however, it's very direct and highly sensitive to driver input

>Ctrl+F
>Focus
>0 of 0

Focus is pretty alright. I get about 29mpg being (what I feel is) somewhat aggressive on acceleration.
Then again, I'm not even sure if that's an option for you. If I had to choose between those 2, I'd likely get a Civic. Or a Mazda3.

Manual transmission Focus