Meet up with guy I went to college with

>meet up with guy I went to college with
>oh hey your car is a stick shift so is mine!
>hey we both drive hondas
>watch him drive
>try to inform him that he's shifting too early (going up to like 5th gear at 60 kmh, shifting into third at 30 instead of 43 as per the manual)
>no it's ok bro i got this

Other urls found in this thread:

gifsound.com/?gif=i.4cdn.org/o/1492993255458.gif&v=mbLzrMcmcJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>being autistic.

this

its not like hes fucking lugging the engine or anything cruising in 6th around town in his torqueless heap of shit.

How is that "autistic"? Shifting too early means that you might be lugging the engine, it means you won't accelerate quickly enough, while also burning up more gas.

>it's okay bro I drive a manual transmission because it has better fuel economy
>engine starts to rumble as he shifts into fourth gear at 40

>needing a manual to tell you when to shift

It's his car, let him fuck it up if he wants.

>shifting into third at 30 instead of 43 as per the manual

This right here is pure concentrated 100% autism.

>following the manual
i bet you would tell me to listen to the shift light in my sonic that tells me to fucking shift at 1500rpm

>not following the manual that tells you how to operate the vehicles within design parameters

Obviously I didn't make a big deal out of it but it's pretty retarded to drive like that. In a civic, you shift into 4th at 63 kmh (although yeah, you can just shift at 60, or shift at a higher speed without a problem). You don't need to upshift from 4th until you hit 83 kmh. That means that for 20 kmh (from 63 to 83) you don't need to upshift. If you drive a honda, you know that if you upshift into 5th before you hit 80 kmh (~50 mph), you're going to get no torque.

The whole point of driving manual is you can shift when you want for different driving styles you retard. Shift early for fuel economy, shift late for power.
>as per the manual
Are you ACTUALLY sucking a dick right this minute?

Shifting early doesnt hurt anything depending on the load conditions. I can go into 5th at 25mph if im coasting down a hill. Shift points arent a set thing, they vary with the conditions.

You get worse fuel economy if you shift too early because you're burning more fuel to accelerate. The point of driving a manual is that you have more control over the transmission so you can shift when appropriate (ie, an automatic car doesn't know when you want to turn a corner or when you want to overtake someone). If you're upshifting to the highest gear every time, you may as well get an auto.

Seriously, OP is a special kind of retarded

I shift into 5th at 20 mph
what you going to do about it?

feel bad for your car

You sound like some wishy washy cunt that doesn't know how an automatic works.
You can force your automatic to shift wherever you want but like most of Veeky Forums you didn't ever bother to learn.

this
>what is hot shifting

its like 1-2 dont exist

well at least in new cars with your pissy selectors

You can also just sharply tap the accelerator and it'll drop down to the lowest possible gear and stay there until you let off your foot.

I think OP drank too many memes from Veeky Forums.

Honestly you don't even need the selectors you should be able to feel what gear the car is in and compare to your current RPM and press or lift the gas pedal accordingly

I shift whenever my car sounds like I should shift.

gifsound.com/?gif=i.4cdn.org/o/1492993255458.gif&v=mbLzrMcmcJA

Wow this post is nearly 100% wrong

whoa there, lad. it appears you tried to talk about cars without knowing a fucking thing.

now it's time to shut the fuck up for good.

You tell me how to drive, you learn how to do a pavement roll.

t. slowfag

>using anything other than RPM to know when to shift

im gonna have to hit you with a /tv/ meme for that one

OP here. The speed is a good indicator of what the RPM will be but I don't use RPM or speed because I don't want to have to look at my dash. I can tell approximately when to shift from the sound of the engine.

I don't see why it matters.

Backseat drivers are the worst.

staying below 4000 rpm ?

Hondas are shit so who cares

What about those cheap cars that don't have a RPM tach gauge

>he doesn't use vehicle speed and environmental factors in when shifting
>he uses 'durr shift at X rpm at all times' like some sort of human automagic transmission

Here's your (You).

> OP: "Watch Veeky Forums praise me for being such an astute manual driver."
> Gets shat upon for being a pedantic fuck.