Mr2 used as a drift car

>mr2 used as a drift car
Why do you watch this horse shit, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vUOHK525EEs
youtube.com/watch?v=iEXK6IPRM0M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MR2
youtu.be/pbaxZp7a-D8?t=240
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't watch this cartoon, but evidently you do.

More realistic than 90% of other car themed shows and movies

whats the problem

youtube.com/watch?v=vUOHK525EEs

This horse shit chinese cartoon scene popped up in my youtube recommendations
youtube.com/watch?v=iEXK6IPRM0M

>realistic
>mr2 used as drift car
>old horse shit corolla beating lancers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MR2
It's RWD, what's wrong?

>midengine
>what is snap oversteer

>rx-7 beaten by a trueno tofu delivery kuruma

Go on, let me hear your explanation Veeky Forumstist?

>the only race involving an MR2 is one where almost every corner is a 180 degree hairpin
What's the problem?
>>old horse shit corolla beating lancers
I guarantee your ass would get pushed in by an experience driver in an 80s ecohatch

>what is snap oversteer
the press d to drift

>JEE TEE ARU is muh thoroughbred racecar
>it will never, EVER, lose to rotaries!

>keksuke reks him in his FD3S
>le simulations man reks rin's R32

What did he mean by this?

youtu.be/pbaxZp7a-D8?t=240
Not seeing the problem here.

The early sw20s, as in 1991-1993, were much harder to control than your typical aw11.

That's an AW11...

It's just a shitty cartoon

Maybe if you're a bitch

Sw20 is for experienced drivers only
Hence why Kai Kogashiwa drives it

No. No its not.

It's an objective fact.

Rev 2 experienced a change in suspension geometry, making it much easier for normies and idiots to handle.

I daily drive a 1991 turbo; it was my first car (I've had it for almost 5 years now and I love it to death). I've never personally experienced snap oversteer because I'm not a fucking idiot, even on the track.

Why is this sort of thing what people always complain about when it comes to "realism" instead of shit like all the corners being a mile long

>cars win races
hello, bus rider.

look how she skates across the road
that gets me rock hard
if you can drift that you can drift any FR

the fucking rice niggers in initial d hadn't even seen a full throttle drift before Takumi showed up.

you fucking retarded niggers think children are pro racecar drivers cause they own fast cars.

Interesting, so why exactly is the tofu boy driving like a pro racer if no one, like you are saying, is a pro in initial d? Really get's that noggin jogging, doesn't it?

because his fucking dad who is friends with Keiichi Tsuchiya raised him in the 86, and had him practice balancing a cup of water in drifts while delivering tofu as a daily ritual

The point of the show is about how fucking practice and dedication will raise the boats of everyone. Everyone learned from Takumi, and it was all thanks to Bunta.

at the start people are shit, tofu boy drives like a pro because his dad is actually good, once he gets a TRD meme engine he has enough power to actually compete against people on the same level as him and not just meme his way to victory

The TOO FAST FURIOUS industry didn't really set the bar that high to begin with

Initial D is older than FnF
Still, the only racing media pre-1995 were mostly comedies or fantasy shit

Skyrines are the designated jobber car in Wapanese racing shows.

>you cant drift an mr2

Not with that attitude you cant

This, pretty much.

I get it's all hammed up for the screen, but god damn. The "weight-shifting" bullshit against the Miata is probably the worst example because it showcases something that is technically possible, but it plays out over spans of time that would never fucking work out in reality.

It's a short skip over a gutter or dip in the track, not a fucking 30-second long sailing session.

honestly, i don't get why they do those retarded 10 seconds of sliding around a corner it doesn't get you involved in the race it just looks dumb
actual racing lines look more interesting than two guys sliding forever

>, but it plays out over spans of time that would never fucking work out in reality.
And this is where watching more anime than just Initial D helps you understand what was being represented. Time dilation is a fairly common effect in anime, and it's assumed the viewer understands this is going on. The races are like music videos for the eurobeat anyway, so understanding that it's musically choreographed and not presented directly like an actual racing event is also important.

tl;dr: autism

The time dilation is obvious. The issue is that that effect is exploited to allow things that would only be possible if the sequence in real time lasted as long as the dilation does. The weight shift that the other user mentioned is one of those, but both of Ryosuke's races against Kyoichi and Rin also rely on this, as well as Takumi's race against Tomoyuki and Keisuke's race against God Foot.

The time dilation also makes more sense when the comic is read, as the scenes that last the longest in anime were usually detailed illustrations in the original comic and it's trying to represent the amount of time someone would take to read all the speech bubbles and admire the art. Sometimes this is done simply to show the viewer "Look, We recreated the scene from the book!"

It is not in any way attempting to imply Takumi balanced a car on three wheels for an entire 30 seconds, nor is it implying it would even take 30 seconds to round that corner, it's simply a dramatic element.

Yes well, it is a cartoon with cut-rate mid-'90s 3D animation and you honestly can't expect underpaid animators some of whom probably didn't even make enough for a car to recreate perfectly the correct amount of suspension roll and travel for a 1986 Toyota Shitbox drifting a corner with one wheel in the gutter.

Yeah, I understand the time dilation gimmick and all that, besides, 5-10min races (a full Usui run at racing pace would be 8.5-10min) shown in real-time wouldn't exactly make for great TV and would leave at least 12min of episode left to go/animate after the budget had all been blown on producing the most realistic representation of the race as possible.

It's just weird to see time dilation being used so extensively in an anime that otherwise represents its subject matter as close to realistically as I've ever seen in an anime, but like I said, if they went full-on turborealism the show'd suck (and the monologues that take place during races could never be shown, another effect of the adaptation from the manga - what's understood as thoughts occurring over split-second timeframes in the manga takes minutes for the VAs to actually verbalize).

tl;dr the most unrealistic parts of Initial D are done entirely for the screen, otherwise it works out really fucking decently.

Now, the Legend movies fucking over representation of the courses and turning some of them into 3-lane freeways (the fuck is this, Wangan Midnight?) is another matter entirely.

Akina isn't the fuckin' C1, I dunno why they decided to draw it that way, but it still looks neat in the movies.

>complaining about Initial D
>not complaining about drivers sensing each others' auras or being able to tell at a glance how much HP a car had or how it's suspension is set up
No, no! The real problem is the internal monologue time dilation that literally every shounen anime has!
Priorities famalam

If you want to see what the races would actually look like, check out videos of people acing the tracks on the arcade game(s).

this. inner monologues and overexplaining everything to plebs has killed animu

Most people don't watch the later two stages where that shit is most prevalent. There's a whole three seasons and a movie composing most of the anime before that shit even starts, and it's only in the very tail end of 4th stage anyway.

The aura shit is dumb, though, reaches down the slippery-slope toward full-on Dragon Ball.

watch hot version

>And this is where watching more anime than just Initial D helps you understand what was being represented.
What do you think I am, some kind of fuckin' weeaboo?

>you honestly can't expect underpaid animators some of whom probably didn't even make enough for a car to recreate perfectly the correct amount of suspension roll and travel for a 1986 Toyota Shitbox drifting a corner with one wheel in the gutter.
You know all the technical stuff for at least the first season was overseen by Keiichi Tsuchiya himself, right?

As usual OP is a faggot who has only watched Initial D and never raced a car down a mountain, probably never said in a MR car either.
OP a car being fast around a corner isnt about drifting but how the car does it and where the weight is while its being done, if you have any racing experience you'd know a MR is deadly fast around sharp corners if you know how to left foot brake and initiate oversteer by letting off the gas for a second and flooring it after.

>muh understeer boat

It's the reason I enjoyed first season of Initial D the most. It was just kids having fun on the touge where the later seasons had all these dedicated touge racing teams with their own mechanics and all that bullshit.

because in real life they are relatively easy for a new/shitty driver to drive fast and push
>AWD so hard to accidentally break grip without completely manhandling it
>front heavy so understeer aka new drivers best friend because its easy to find and recover from finding the limit of grip
>significantly more power than the majority of tohe other cars in the series

R32 would be the weapon of choice of most of the nerds here because its easier to learn to go fast on.

did you even watch the first episode?

He was driving the same mountain route balls-to-the-wall at 4am 7 days a week since he was in middle school, whilst being coached by his racing-connected father

He had more seat time than a 5-year professional race driver before most of the other drivers even had their own car.

>he cant only drift with fr

he couldn't beat the lancer til he got an engine swap

Yep. Every season after 1 was just seeing how far Takumi could take everyone.

The answer: far. But we knew that at the end of season 1. It was implied.

you're fucking retarded m8

>go on youtube
>type in "snap oversteer"
>50% of results are sw20, 50% are s2k

this

exactly... you can induce drift by letting off accelerator. do you know anything even????

apparently people actually think this

This is my opinion, but I think it'd be nice if Nakazato had more screentime, and maybe became a main character. Like it'd show that he'd grow from being some rich dweeb who's only fast because his car is into someone who learns his car's limitations and his car teaches him his own weaknesses. As it stands, Nakazato viewed his R32 simply as a tool and not a car, he never "became one" with it, and had to rely exclusively on its strength over other cars to win.

Maybe he'd also be part of Project D, with Takumi and Keisuke, which would allow us a Rin/Nakazato R32 duel and many more "people might think we're friends" jokes with Shingo cheering him on. And I think the last few races should've been part of a tournament, and Project D would square off against the Akina Speedstars (who also were shown to have grown and got gud); Keisuke vs Kenji, Nakazato vs Iketani, and Takumi vs Itsuki.

>Badmouthing the gtr

I own a sw20
It's a deathtrap not a car to drift in

>What are retards who don't know how to drive, buy a mid-engine car and over correct when they enter a turn too fast, then blaming their shit driving skills on the car.