/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have a steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about either "official" or not steam or discord groups, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore them.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 19th:
1279 – A Mongol victory at the Battle of Yamen ends the Song dynasty in China.
1563 – The Edict of Amboise is signed, ending the first phase of the French Wars of Religion and granting certain freedoms to the Huguenots.
1649 – The House of Commons of England passes an act abolishing the House of Lords, declaring it "useless and dangerous to the people of England".
1687 – Explorer Robert Cavelier de La Salle, searching for the mouth of the Mississippi River, is murdered by his own men.
1812 – The Cádiz Cortes promulgates the Spanish Constitution of 1812.
1853 – The Taiping reform movement occupies and makes Nanjing its capital until 1864.
1861 – The First Taranaki War ends in NZ.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the archive.

>Developement Diaries
EU4 - 14/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-march-2017.1005196/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2hER9Y5NO7Q
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883963605
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884663635
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884655562
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880265072
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880254444
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that the warning
>Report and ignore them.
Is already in the OP and does not need to be repeated.

La Plata

Thread is slowing down so I'll continue tomorrow, I guess

This guy blows

Based Erdogan

Aw, lad, I was enjoying it.

Do you prewrite them or write as you play?

>RPG divergent plotlines

Write as I play.
Granted, I've down a Japanese AAR but never finished it further than Spring '37 so most of these are somewhat pre-written.

What do you think Stellaris will be like after all its DLCs?
Good or only an overpriced sub-Distant Worlds? I like some of the flavor of Stellaris but there isn't really something this game does and DW don't.

>personal combat skill of 8
>die in battle
Seriously? This whole "leader dies in battle" thing really just encourages save scumming.

cant outrun a bullet lad

Incredible, truly. I thought these were wrote out in a scripted manner, but the fact you ad lib them is incredible, bravo.

Now we're playing with power.

youtube.com/watch?v=2hER9Y5NO7Q

>Poland unifies the HRE and subjugates the Germans under slavic rule
Believable worlds!

If Hungary could into trying to become HRE why not Poland?

Also, Bohemia was HRE.

It's never gonna be good.
The whole tile management system gets really fucking tiring and it's core to the game.

It encourages not fighting in wars yourself.
Ever.
There's no point to it outside roleplaying. Besides the new Marshal job will net you a bunch of godlike commanders.

>tfw he didn't even acknowledge my compliment
RUDE

Kurwa heretics btfo

>try to play eu4
>don't have fun
>try to play hoi4
>really don't have fun
>try to play ck2
>don't have fun
>try to play victoria 2
>get bored
>don't want to play stellaris until the new patch
wat do?

>>try to play eu4
>>don't have fun
>>try to play hoi4
>>really don't have fun
This should be our official motto.

More Portrait mods by assorted modders:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883963605
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884663635
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884655562

Thoughts?
Here are the first 2, for "comparison"
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880265072
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880254444

threadly reminder that liquoria is a shit outdated game

nice virus

>implying
Goes straight to the workshop nigger

We Gross now, lads.

>taking this much offence to someone's opinion
Top kek, how do I become this butthurt?

>try to play liquoria
>get drunk from the copious amounts of liquor i realistically demand as a pop

>this much projection

oh my god lads my sides are gone.

>steamcordplaza butthurt that nobody like goy4
Should we add PDS to the portmanteau? SteamcordPDSplaza?

>replying to a shitpost
>not reporting and ignoring it as suggested in op

>Try to play liquoria
>Have flashbacks of literally 13 years ago

I played Victoria 2 when it came out and it was okay for the genre at the time. What is wrong with you autists who still think that broken ass game is still worth playing?

> ">Have flashbacks of literally 13 years ago"
>Literally came out less than 7 years ago

>expecting steamcordplaza to keep any sort of logic
Just report and ignore, lad.

Reminder

Reminder

Given that Steamcordplaza have launched this retardd crussde against fans of their good games (V2, DH, HoI3) you'd think their big target would be EvW, that's where they could get the REAL butthurt, because EvW would have been fucking immense.

>came out before Obamacare

Never seen this before, laddo, posted to brit/pol/ and saved, thanks.

>autism simulators
>two are old as fuck
>the third is a great, at simulating a 100mb corrupted spreadsheet

>good games

This is a meme, right?

hur dur im a typical gsg poster
ive been on this baord for over 12 years now, and can confidently say you are all newfags
liquoria is the best game ever made, everything amde after it is a joke by jewhan to get jewgold out of the normies
anyone who buys said modern dogshit titles such as eu4 and hoi4 are normies that should go back to [SECRET WEBSITE], as they are literally getting cucked.
I have over 1000 grossgermanium games in hoi3 black ice and 10000 based and white whitesudafricums games where i clicked a button to kill every nigger in the world(i hate niggers btw, the thought of them having sex with white girls makes me angry as they are choosing them over me)

In conclusion you are all cucks and i am the supreme gsg player

literally who

what the fuck im alt-left and hate complex grand strategy now

Get out you stupid dumb dumb liquoria is the best game ever made. Period. Full stop. Sorry haters!

>loads Prussia 1836 GC to prevent from losing control of the muscle that keeps me from pissing myself due to the episode induced by anyone criticizing liquoria on my chinese cartoon message board

Anyone who likes games that aren't a bundle of exploits and broken mechanics like Liquoria is a retrograde Drumpf supporter who just can't handle the highly developed and rigorously tested complexity of liquoria's superior warfare and diplomacy mechanics.

Right? See, you Steamcordplaza lads really get this. Most /gsg/ people don't appreciate the intricate mechanics of the older games but you guys do.

Find a single flaw, I dare you.

Belgium exists.

German A-L

If /gsg/ had a political party: what would our issues be?

liquor of course.

Ethics in gaming journalism.

I will never understand this meme. If more than half of the people there were German it makes sense to go to Germany. Ideally Metz would go to the frogs and everyone would be happy, buy something tells me the frogs won't be happy until they fulfil their childish dreams of "revenge".

Steamcordplaza immigration.

Same with Tyrol and der oranje boerstaat

Protectionist
Laissez-faire
Moralism
Residency
Jingoism

>I will never understand this meme

It's literally just people who hate Germany for the sake of being contrarians.

>Laissez-faire
You mean state capitalism, you an clap fuck

Protectionist
Interventionism
Secularized
Full Citizenship
Anti-Military

>not wanting that delicious efficiency
>not wanting to let your capitalists do all the hard work for you while you shitpost

>Full Citizenship

>toll roads

>Implying capitalism invented tolls

>literally advocating feudalism

Nice1 quite baysed indeed!

Wait are you trying to make the case that laissez-faire in Vic2 is the same as Anarcho-Capitalism?

Meh, it's the closest.

how do I use strat bombers most efficiently?

I'm playing soviets and I want to bomb the shit out of Germany

Currently have 661 stratbombers striking at nighttime in the Berlin region

do I need more? how to minimize my losses?

You don't
Use the IC to build more INF

Whats better, berber cavalry or generic one with HC?

Culture shift to Altaic

Does anyone have the paintable HPM map?

Playing HOI 4 as South Africa.
Is there a way to fix SW Africa?, because its a fucking wasteland and I have no land at all to work with.
I tried going fascist and taking the English land but I could never force them to stop the war since it summoned all its puppets and I cant kill all of them.

Lads please

pol here, just bought hoi4, it's my first real grand strategy game I wanna sink time into, any advice? is the together for victory dlc any good?

in the third link the mod overview image of the king looks like it has a silly moustache. Apart from that they are 99% pdox artist tier, definitely worth adding to game to diversify the portraits(some people look exactly the same in vanilla).
Pat on the back, is that what you want?

also yes all dlc is nigh mandatory for gsg, pirate them if you cant afford it

>HoI IV
>>>r/paradoxplaza

is it really that crucial too having a fun experience?

TFV is good if you want to play Commonwealth nations.
But you can do some shit with South Africa and go full fascist and make a super apartheid Africa.
So its worth it on sale or if you want to play a Commonwealth nation now then get it now.
Advice would be play the tutorial to get the ideas, once you know what to do after a few games you will be ok.
A good nation to learn the game on would be a neutral nation away from the action, when you are a little confident then go Germany since they rape everything around them up until they have to face off against Britain and France.

>my first real grand strategy game

>GOY$
>real grand strategy game

I just wondered what people thought of them.

I brought the first two (West Slavs use Russian portraits and Saxons use German portraits), and some anons weighed in (particularly with a no-go on the west Slavs mod)

Based on what you said, I'll be using the "French People with German Faces" and "Southern Occitanian and Basque Faces" mods

I know, i've seen the memes, I just wanna create a reich and play as the fascist Australian empire, is that too much to ask? is this game gonna get better with time or is it just going to become DLC fest number 14567>?

It was made after CK2 got huge, so of course it will be a DLC fest

Try USA if you want to have a first try to learn the ropes. Also, all DLCs are good to have because paradox makes DLCs and makes changes in their games all the time, and they never look back. Being stuck in the old versions is utter shit.

It will be better. I'm certain of it. How much better who knows. But after 5-6 dlcs it must be. Paradox is really good at listening to their fanbase in paradoxplasa.

if i was actually in charge
>protectionism
>interventionism
>secularized
>full citizenship
>jingoism

Now that I'm free as naples and have my southern clay, I am ready to move towards the north.

How goes your campaigns?

How did you get sienna without warring with Austria?

Was Arragon allies with them?

Where can you see how long until the crisis cooldown has ended? (Vic 2 HPM)

I'm currently playing a multi-player game with my friend, I'm going Aragon and hes going Burgandy and our goal is to simply dismantle France.

We've both taken 1 province from France each and made them break their alliances, so we're now setting up for another war against them

I also intend on taking Castille out as well but France is the main target for now

k lads

Which of these have the best chance of being successful?
Not relevant, but I want to take up all the independents in Italy, Brittany, then prepare and launch an invasion of France. I hope that the region will allow a lot of territory to flip to Norman, for my planned Kingdom of Normandy.

I'm allied with Austria, and I'm in the HRE. So I could grab it without much bother. If you didn't realize this before, you can actually join HRE as naples if you don't take any clay from Aragon when you break free. So what I did instead is that I forced Aragon to release sicily and then I just took sicily after.

Do any of you know if the submission to the empire modifier will go away when forming italy?

Sounds like fun. Take all genoa trade clay

k lad

Whichever has the highest of their relevant stat, but the different stats have different immortality chains IIRC. I think martial gives you the reincarnation one which is shit.

I had reincarntion for the learning one.