/twg/ - Total War General

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_zSxQnZ3TM8
youtube.com/watch?v=jXwKFsfk0bI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Floppy hats.

Best elfs when?

>it's a Legendary campaign and the enemy and his ally closing in on you have over 15,000 troops that aren't tier 1 shit-tier stuff episode

why does losing thousands of soldiers in a battle not count as an achievement?

why are all the achievements centered around victories and asswhooping the enemy

thought on minor settlement pack?

Dwarfs already have plenty of miner settlements laddy

They could have benefited from the stupid chicken cavalry instead of the Empire.

Anyway, from what I understand there's little in the way of monsters in Kislev, as it holds a strange place in the world as the one non-chaos infested place that even magic beasts find too shitty to live in.

Ill never understand what people see in this mediocre bint.

What are some essential mods I need for TW: Warhammer? I only have the attrition removal and extra movement in owned territory mod right now.

Who hype for High Elves here?

We'll finally get to see one of the rarest sights in nature, a manly elf, in the form of white lions.

yeah she's a Plain Jane and she should go back to where she came from

Is your body ready?

I like high elves.

>when your prince impregnates a princess with the "Barren" trait

what the fuck am i looking at

Fuck, I forgot about those things.

Is there any possible way that could be made to not look retarded?

I left around when Wood Elves dropped what's with the "tree hitler" meme?

I'm afraid not even CA is up to the challenge, I mean fucking try to imagine that shit changing direction.

At least the dark elves didn't get anything that retarded by the time GW destroyed the universe.

Did you never see the podracer the space wolves got?

Durthu was the Ghandi of this game, rampaging around way before Chaos bothered to show up.

Devs eventually deided to make him take his meds with a patch.

No

I kind of checked out when they started riding wolves into battle against heavy mechanized infantry

Say no more.

LITERALLY WHY

Well it got better, someone kindly posted it right below you. I have a bunch of shops on my harddrive, but my computer is off.

If I recall correctly what posted is the real thing. (Just the wolf one, not the white one)

YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND THE INNER WORKINGS OF GAME WORKSHOP'S MIND

Does he expand at all now or is he just shut down?

>daemonettes riding brundlepenises
Welp

He fucks up Brettonia and the nearby dorfs but that's about it

Previously he blitzed into the Empire and Dorf lands

I shit you not in my last game before the update he ALLIED WITH CHAOS to wipe me out when I was playing Franz

Which of these 40 beastmeme technology's should I be rushing? Early game is just sprinting from unguarded village to unguarded village sacking everything in sight, so I guess the +growth and encircled prey?

Are those corruption tech's worth it? Spreading corruption to seed the world and make it weaker doesn't seem to be doing fucking anything to armies, they just bunker inside their garrisons in 20/20 stacks and glare at me behind iron walls. I can't see increasing the corruption I spread by a paltry amount for thousands of gold be totally worth it.

The addition of the monsters and chariots made 8th ed cool though. Some of the most iconic shit was from those.

Lorebreaking as it was I couldn't help but love how rage filled he was against everything. Shame they didn't roll with it like in Civilization

Don't bother with corruption - you automatically spread it whenever you raze something

Focus on growth, unlock hounds as soon as possible, then get Minotaurs and Cygors and you will be pretty much invincible

If you're having money trouble research the techs that give you bonus loot from raiding, looting and such

What kind of a fucking idiot looked at this and said hell yes put it into mass production

The same idiots who thought End Times was a super brilliant idea

The story of the space woofs is a sad tale of going from vikings with a slight wolf theme to wacky dogfuckers. Also

user you don't understand.

In fairness that does look like something some legit insane motherfuckers with way too much time on their hands would build

Holy fuck. That thing looks so stupid, its awesome.

Lads, the DLC powercreep is real. Look at Grombrindal's campaign bonuses. Besides the fact he's the best Dwarf LL in battle, he just blows the base lords out of the water with giant bonuses all over the place.

I'm reminded of how every other one of the Chaos Dreadnought's voice lines is them begging for death.

Indeed.

>start getting into Attila since FotS
>realize it's much harder to balance sanitation, food, happiness,and religion
>Atilla has been born and I'm still deleting tier 3 buildings that I wrongly have built up
Help me

No shit. New factions get new shit and power creep sells. Hopefully as an expansion comes out the old content is re-balanced and updated. I want to have interesting trait-play outside Frogs and non territory objectives.

Please keep the stupid models coming, I'm dying.

Alright, we get it, you voted for Khorne.

Which one wins 1v1?

A SPACE MARINE INSIDE A SPACE MARINE

Are these made by Batttleborn chacrater designers

youtube.com/watch?v=_zSxQnZ3TM8

>The new guy with the accent
Is the British accent the worse thing ever?

This is a total war thread, stop with 40k image dumping

>Kitten chariot

Gay

Things are gonna get heated up when the expansion comes, considering High vs Dark elves are literally brits vs murrikans

Which one is da U-S-A?

Sorry about that, it always gets like that when it comes to GW's awful designs, it goes across all franchises.

Dark elves

High elfs are brits

Dork elfs are US/Canada

Lizards are HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

youtube.com/watch?v=jXwKFsfk0bI

>no fun allowed hurr durr

Aside from relative geography Americans are not really elffy at all. Its more like Orcs or Ogres. In infantry I saw a shit ton of old sergeants that talked like orcs. That and being ripped and big was culture.

You've gotta look at them as not only parody but parody through the lens of real fucking cheeky brits. That's when the dark elves = USA analogy starts to work.

It's not 40k, it's Age of Sigmar Extended ;^)

Nah m8, Orcs are based on football hooligans.

When you see the relationships between the elves it becomes quite clear:

>High elves are huge Mary Sues being the greatest and most glorious race living in an island nation, in a game created by brits
>Dark elves are the red headed stepchild of the glorious nation of Ulthuan, moving to the continent to the west, degenerating their culture and starting a petty rivalry with them.

>starts to work.

>Americans are decadent incestuous monster-tamers

what.

Meanwhile America became a puritan nation that even to this day is one of the last christian fundamentalist nations out there. Revitalized that with the Red Scare and became the world police the HElfs are supposed to be.

I'm sorry I really dont get it

Look this isn't an unbiased perspective. This is the britbong writers making fun of their rebel colonies by makking them the evil elves.

So those outpost garrisons are pretty good

I really enjoyed seeing other peoples formations, layouts, and strategies, I tried some other peoples like an open top pyramid one and it worked out well. Mine is pretty basic it allows the ranged to get shots off between lines of soldiers, while artillery shoots them while they're coming in. Enemy usually doesn't run between the front lines either they jumble up against mainline. Also does anyone have any suggestions for Empire artie against Chaos? I've been using Hellstorms Rocket things so far though my campaign since they've been getting ~250kills and look cool but once they are a little more armored it goes down to ~50. I haven't been using mortars as much but I hear they get some better accuracy as they rank up. I used the volleyguns once and they actually did super well and got around ~500 each but I hear the consensus is that there are better choices in general. I find canons pretty decent they get maybe ~150 kills but are good for larger targets, havn't fiddled around with tanks much. Used luminark once and it seems too slow at firing to be useful unless you're poppin some giant or something

G O B L I N S

just like the tabletop

ok, what about warhammer fantasy?

Old Friend when

on 31st stream

Why do most modders give 1 step foward, 1 step back? Is balancing really that hard?

Like the Ironsiders mod. Recently went to beta. Problem: Infantry and Breakers too weak, Ranged too strong.

What happened now? Range too weak, Breakers too strong. Those shitheads can solo or duo just about any unit in the game, even modded units.

I finally get it lads. Watching a bunch of cheeky goblins running through the tall grass, their silly hats the only thing you can see of them, I am /gobbo/ now

Ogres when hello???

5 patches later and Empire and VC are still top 2 which is how it started a year ago with Greenies hanging out crutching on the Araknarok Queen, and everyone else being "not those guys" tier with Chaos/Beastmen crutching on Shaggoths/Gorebulls with the rest of the army being inconsequential.

Plus most games out there people bitch about balancing all the time so, it might be difficult.

Go peasants go!

Why do people who paint those accept such little pay? What the fuck is going through their head? Can't they find a half decent factory to work at? At least there you don't need to be precise 100% of the time, all the time.
How much are those things? If they're not at least $100, I'd be surprised.

Alright, good point. I might try my hand at a mod just to see everyone bitching at me for a change.

You guys think a massive balance patch mod would be popular? Ya know, something that takes like 4 or 5 unit mods and has them play nice with each other?

Eh if they managed to make the Luminark of Hysh look good, I trust them.

Thing about Warhammer is that you don't have to make it not retarded, that's part of the camp feel. You just have to make it tongue in cheek enough for it to be cute or cool.

Take the Steam Tank. Sorry but this is retarded as all shit. A slight breeze would take the wheels out and then it'd just be a big dumb cannon. But CA managed to make it look just cool, instead of retarded cool.

You'd be surprised how good you can make something when that thing isn't restricted by the laws of reality or has to be physical. Computers are magical like that

I dunno what that Celestial chariot looking motherfucker is, but I want three, with at least one RoR where the planet is Saturn

Some of these are more than $100 unpainted, I expect. You seem to have no idea about the business model though, so you may not be aware that they're sold unpainted.

why would you put hooks on the end of a whip

Oh, I thought that they might sell painted ones as well and showcase those on the site or whatever.
Godspeed to the men who paint them then, for I could not.

Unfortunately they couldn't roll it with because at least with Ghandi he only became a major threat at one point of the game, the nuclear stage. And you could get on his good side.

With Tree Hitler and his Leafensraum he was a threat the entire fucking game. And unlike Ghandi you can't reliable ally with anyone to take him out because his lol-florest with 20% attrition obliterates any AI army. And this was all before Bretonnia was playable, so there was no faction that could stop him before turn 10, when shit started going REAL crazy

At least the Centurions actually feel like a fucking upgrade over the normal marine.

The Dreadknight is "GREY KNIGHT BUT 200% BIGGER" so even Orks can hit the stupid fucking thing.

Best thing about that video is that it came out before the Centurion was announced

auto-resolve said I had about a 99% chance to lose that

Half the fun of the hobby is to build and paint your tiny men, for your peers to admire and/or scorn.

RIP fantasy, I got into table top too late to see your glory ;_;7

still the centurion design is so bad , it just make the space marine look like it has birth defect or some shit

I keep hearing that greenskin trolls are pretty ass, but what about chaos/armored trolls? More of the same?
I figured the armored ones would at least be able to survive getting caught by anti large for a while

Greenskin trolls are pretty great in campaign. They have fucking insane armour pen and if you mix them in with your infantry when you fight those fuckhole dwarves that always fuck with you as greenskins dwarves get slapped.

Unchivalrous Louen sacking instead of taking.
Thanks for the port retard, this will make my VH/VH campaign.

Do you like 10 slot capitals? Thinking about it.