/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

WARNING: DLC2 HAS BEEN DATAMINED, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED, GO AWAY

Previous thread:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mp28JPs25ek
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>started a new pure str build a couple days ago
>sold the exile curved sword first thing
god fucking dammit

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

What happened to ScottJund? I miss his honest patch comparison videos.

Inferno can't even notice forward momentum.

For Honor

I can give you mine.

Which would be better to complement an offhand Crossbow, Kukris or Black Firebombs? I need some ranged attacks on my tank build, to discourage people from running away.

what the fuck is a tank build

Will there be another area after the Ringed City itself friends?

what's the fastest way to dexfag it to the kiln? grab the uchi from swordmaster then sharp infuse it?

>tfw no geisteel weapons

nah i already broke out ce
i guess im grabbing all the new weapons while im at it

crossbow definitely

>Gywendolin is thinking this but with aldrich
>Aldrich is thinking this but with Priscilla

aight

enjoy your soft ban

Is he a retard? I mean all the best for that guy, but the game hemorrhaged players like crazy. It dropped from 48k in February to 3.6k today.

I also saw him on Twitch with only 500 viewers when he usually gets 1200+

I mean apart from that. I'm already using a Knight Crossbow, but I'm not sure what else to have equipped.

That new hammer will be so fucking goddamn good, smelter hammer memories just come flowing back in, anyone got the WA webm of it?

Kukris are slow as fuck, and not worth the time you spend throwing them.

I'd probably try Poison Knives, but that also requires you to have some other source of poison to complement it.

nah, katanas are pretty mediocre in pve
They might have nerfed bleed but warden twinblades with rouge are probably still the best boss killers
If not, then something like sellsword twinblades with a resin that the boss is weak to is great dps

And obviously if all you care about is speed summon for every boss etc.

>tfw pvp is shit
>pve is a straight line
I want to like this game.
Maybe NiOh won't be a disappointment.

>he doesn't know about Perseverance and Iron Flesh
OUTTA MY WAY DEX FUCKING SHITS

Anyone here with CE mind modeling some Fashion Souls? Consolefag so I can't check atm

>Desert Sorceress Hood
>Alva Armor
>Faraam Gauntlets
>Silver Knight Legs

Dark Souls 1 was the best game overall and had the best lore, Dark Souls 2 had the best fashion and build variety, what does Dark Souls 3 do the best?

Most perseverance weapons are easy as fuck to outspace

It's fucking hilarious how much faith people put in that game. Ubisoft ALWAYS fucks up on anything they do.

>Sellsword Twinblades

Huh, I never considered those. They always seemed to do shit damage when I started out as a Merc. 2H L1 spam with resin?

being better than the other two

>Maybe NiOh won't be a disappointment.
I'm sorry user...

>chaos/dark crow quills have B/B/B scaling
I wish I had noticed this before they got nerfed

the L1s are faster than old 2h R1s, and theres 2 of them. the damage isnt super great but buffed theyre pretty good

Okay but in what way?

He said he wanted to get into fighting games, that's why he wanted to play 4Honor. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Th for shitty fresh memes

youtube.com/watch?v=mp28JPs25ek

how heavy is Lapps armor? Less than havels?

About the same as Black Iron, I think.

>175sl
>no summon signs to help with Aldrich
God damn, guess I will play dlc on the another character

Just solo him, once you know how to dodge the arrows he's one of the easiest bosses.

So we all agree End of Fire is the best ending right?

Northern Undead Asylum

>won't be
It already released though? It's better than DS3 but worse than BB

>New character
>Put my sign down for Vordt
>Some cockfag summons me trying to cheese his way through Dancer early
>Immediately gets one-shot by her

What are these retards thinking? If you can't solo Dancer there's no point trying to do her early.

The Guts build lives.

Velka is more dead than Nito

Thanks Im trying to sub armor in the mugen monkey

No, it's retarded
>Here some stupid waifu bait without any personality
>By the way you can't kill her for no reason at all
>And she even has a power to end up fire for some reason, isn't it cool?:3

It kind of depends on the boss. Anything that gives you real attack windows where you can spam L1 goes down really fast, but some like Champ that you have to stay mobile and only take short quick hits its better to have high single hit damage
Unless you have a phantom to distract them and then you just have to be a little careful to not blow all your stamina so you can dodge when he switches targets to you before going back to dumping L1s into his back.

I can help if you're on PC

PS4
And I try to not play with people from Veeky Forums because 90% of them are cancer who sends friends request after

if you can summon me at sl100 I can help

lets be friends im a nice guy

A bucket of water can kill the First Flame by the point you find the damn thing. The Firekeeper is there just to make it all ceremonial and whatnot.
Somehow I think you're just looking for reasons to be mad about it without really paying much attention to what's going on in the game at all.

Looks pretty baller senpai

>old demon king
>old stray demon
>demon prince
>smouldering lake
>demons ruins
>all of those dead asylum, taurus and capra demons
I know DaS3 is throwback the game, but i still find it odd how much focus the fate of the demons took considering most of lorefags dont care about it at all and would rather have more nito or witches or anything eally.

So now that shit was datamined, who's this semen demon ?

Oh fuck yeah

Thanks user, found my DLC look.

>90% of players in the arena aren't playing animations
Daily reminder to never play during EU hours

Shira.

Lady of the Darkling 2.0

sliding T-Pose fags are literally everywhere tonight

>start playing arena on my str build
>4p brawl
>all the friendly cheaters are using cool new weapons with fun moves
>realize that im actually having fun playing this shit game
>win and game ends
>never find a second match
jesus christ i hate everything its been 20 minutes why am i not allowed to have fun

do the same enemies have different drop rates based on location?

Lothric Slaves are being very protective of their Thrall Axes in undead settlement

Queelag's Sister body, or one of the many sisters is found in the Lozt Izalith ruins

I have some questions.

I'm currently quality and kind of want to switch to strength. The thing is that I've upgraded three fun quality weapons and used my slabs on them. Should I make the change?

Wouldn't quality still be really good after the infusion change? Their stats let them use any of the three melee infusions really well, but I'm no math whiz on this game.

If I go strength, I get 66, then 15-18 for Gundyr's and Splitleaf, right?

Do I get big and end to 40 then pump vit?

What's a good horizontal swinging UGS for heavy infusion?

I wish I didn't get spoilers for the DLC.

>If I go strength, I get 66, then 15-18 for Gundyr's and Splitleaf, right?

Stick to just 60 STR and 16 DEX, that lets you use both Splitleaf and Exile Greatsword.

>Do I get big and end to 40 then pump vit?

Yes especially if you want to use ultras, 40 END is still necessary.

>What's a good horizontal swinging UGS for heavy infusion?

Lothric Knight GS, be sure to pair it with Gold Pine Resin/Bundles.

Yeah but I haven't played it yet, numb nuts.

Busk of Oogacile

>faggots think Gwynn actually fucked a dragon and sired a half breed
>not Gwyndolin just adopting a half breed into the family post Gwynn, and raising her into treating everyone in his family as her own

Thank you.

I know this is down to opinion, but do you think it's worth giving up the Valorheart, Profaned Greatsword, and Wolf Knight Greatsword for a str build?

Some knight of Filianore named Shira. Also, I looked through the descriptions and datamined dialogue and uncovered some disturbing shit:
>says she's both a daughter of the Duke and a descendant of the gods
>her crown is decorated with a Man-Eater Shell pearl
>says "Aah, but why" when killed
>Priscilla's Jap name reads as Purishira
>Purishira
>Shira
I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore.

So who fucked the dragon then?

Depends entirely up to you. Personally I don't see why you can't just make a separate character for a pure STR build while still keeping your Quality one as both builds have plenty of terrific options, sticking to just one seems weird. Or if you don't want to make a new character you can just keep a save back-up of your quality profile and load it up if you ever want to use those again.

The lorefag "community" are literal retards from reddit who worship a v neck wearing British twink.
Don't pay them any mind.

Nobody fucks eachother in the dark souls universe

Does it really matter?

She's probably descended from a royal maiden and Seath's insatiable lust for said royal maidens.

What's the meme soup lvl for PvP now

Coming back new computer so will have to start again. Is it 120 or 80?

Woah, what in the actual fuck?

Ledo's Greathammer actually has invisible fucking 2H strength scaling.

At 99 strength when two-handing, it has 909 AR, 1h, it's only 705

80 is dead and is even more of a meme SL now with the single-stat infusion buffs. 120-125 is and has been the meta from the start.

80 for people who aren't retards
120 for fuccbois who can't into builds

>909
We're reaching AR levels that shouldn't even be possible

As stupid as it sounds, I never thought of that. I'll work on a pure str build now. Thank you.

Stop posting

Nigga you might be on to something.
>both a daughter of the Duke and a descendant of the gods
So does this confirm Seath fucked a member of Gwyn's family ?

How does Desert Sorceress hood go with Gael's set?

yes

Can someone post how the heavy greatsword is now?

Because my cathedral knight greatsword still sucks cock

Dark Souls 1 has a fuckton of flaws (post anor-londo level design, exponential damage formulas, vitgouging, forced pvp) but they're all very cleverly hidden by several good things that are front and center obvious (cohesive world design, 2k+ level textures in a 720p game). DS1 is best for doing your own DnD style cosplay immersion playthrough.

Dark souls 2's flaws were mostly just missed potential at trying to be more survival focused (dumb boss AI, hub world design, dungeon-crawler like level design, requires weapon switching, consumable healing items), but all the good things about it are hidden (power stance, balanced equipment customizing and AI mechanics, most weapons are pvp viable). DS2 is best for doing a stat-optimizing pvp and challenge runs.

Dark Souls 3 seems to have made its place by having the the most style and the least substance. It has WAs, cinematic boss fights, faster-paced combat, lots of unique weapons, etc. But it's all style that you're forced into (combining different armors look terrible, game progression is a lot more linear than prior games,

Best way to play DS1 for single player:
>DSfix
>Master Key
>Focus on one scaling type only (Int/Str/Dex/Fth/Pyro, I know pyro doesn't scale but it still costs souls in PvE)
>Try every door in an area before challenging the boss.

Best way to play DS2 SotFS for single player
>Set the lighting 2-3 ticks BELOW what the game recommends. Otherwise the torch mechanics in literally every level will be pointless.
>Turn the music volume 2-3 ticks ABOVE what the game recommends.Otherwise the music during boss fights will be drowned out.
>Level up EVERYTHING simultaneously. Don't focus on one stat.
>Don't focus on the next boss, focus on picking up equipment. Warp to different areas
>Burn bonfire ascetics whenever possible, especially before boss fights.

I don't know about dark souls 3 but it seems to be that you want to level up everything but focus on the boss fights.

post the AR nerd

isn't it literally right there

>Playing rollsouls r1spam 3 on anything but low soul level pvp/invasions

>never play during EU hours
YOU ARE GENIUS
WOAH HERE

What the fuck happened to the undead settlement

It looks like this whenever I get summoned here

Why can't das3 have bloodborne tier range summons