comingsoon.totalwar.com/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

salimbeti.com/micenei/
youtube.com/watch?v=9vYbu9XMXvE
youtube.com/watch?v=oGwxRY5xdbM&user=1xCloudStrifex1
youtube.com/watch?v=dMEnBHef96c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for fuck off rat fags.

post heroic victories

Make Ulthuan great again.

Taurox fucking when?

birds

trash edition OP, use some creativity next time

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING >tfw no Damsel gf. Why even live?

wait fuck what the hell

gelt is so much fun

you just fuck shit up with him

He is great at taking out priority targets with plague of rust. His final spells are really good too. But you have to rely on overcast plague of rust until you get some army +campaign skills.

GOLD MAGIC

Been awhile since I did bronze age reading and research but you had swords of various length (also Khopesh), axes like the duckbill axe, maces, a curious mace-axe looking thing the Egyptians used that was also wielded two handed like a falx or a daneaxe, spears, slings, javelins, bows from simple bows to composite (and I think there were recurve bows that weren't composite in addition to recurve bows), "Throwsticks" (boomerang but it doesn't come back). No crossbow, don't think there was anything like greek fire. There may have been the scorpions in a jar in New Kingdom Egypt. There was linen armor, leather armor, scale or pseudo lamellar and the greek bronze cuirasses.

Early to mid Mycenaean swords are common called "rapiers" for how long and narrow they were, but the late era and Sea People period had a rise of shorter squatter cut and thrust swords. If you want to get a sense of Mycenaean and Aegean stuff: salimbeti.com/micenei/

make the thread yourself next time if the edition is so important to your enjoyment of the thread

"My bro, Marius, is dead. He's gone! But he's right there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna fight, fight to the heavens. No matter what's in my way, I won't stop! Once I've fought through - it means that I've won! ... Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Karl. I'm not my Bro! I'M ME!! Karl Franz, Prince and Emperor!"
youtube.com/watch?v=9vYbu9XMXvE

What did CA mean by this?

>KILL DA STUNTIEZ

where are the people of color in warhammer fantasy?

i-i-i-if I kill the everchosen the hordes will stop, r-r-r-r-right?

>Wood Elves long campaign victory turn 103
Borken as fuck.

No, only if you kill every horde they would stop. Just stand your ground, defender of mankind.

>DANCE DA STUNTIE

Rejoice! For a knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

Why do people hate the chaos campaign?

Shits been fun as fuck so far for me.

Been smacking peoples shit in with Kholek and have Dragon Ogre building at turn 23.

the orcs are from the badlands and the darklands?

GW is going to get a visit from the NAACP

>Even with CA style inaccuracy, would there be any unit diversity? Wouldn't it just be a shitton of spears with or without shields with slightly different stats?

It'd be about the same diversity as Rome 2 really, less swords, more axes and spears maybe. Less cavalry too.

>horde infighting
>unit replenishment is slow as fuck
>campaign turns into a grindfest of sieges
>nothing to manage outside of your 2-3 doomstacks
>essentially no diplomacy
>just a slog in general
>unit variety turns to shit once you unlock CHOSEN and Shaggoths

You'd think they'd change the name to NAAPOC (National Association for the Advancement of People of Color) or the NAAAA (National Association for the Advancement of African Americans).

Colored people is such an offensive term.

>Mousillon fucking never

which bretonnian lad should I play then

inb4 fey enchantress

In their respective countries celebrating their respective cultures of course.

I slaughtered all the chaos warriors before the everchosen came, but now he's here, plus I get that recurring event about more hordes coming every so often.

So I suppose that if I btfo all the hordes within a few turns of eachother, and march into Norsca to slaughter those viking fucks, then I'll be able to finally bring peace to the old world as manlet von carstein who is on the river reik because I had to war Middenland so I need to fucking make an army there to garrison my shit to send him and my best units to fight the foul hordes of chaos

So another Medium Swords 2: Medium Spears Are Also Okay?

No thanks. Warhammer has spoiled me and while I know historical games can never be as diverse as a fictional setting, I'd rather not go back to the Rome 2 standard. Medieval 2 style faction diversity is the way to go for historical titles even if it means some time periods get excluded.

what kind of panties do you think the lady of the lake uses

As long as Chaos itself is gone, Norsca will eventually be willing to call for peace.
Chaos doesnt do the best job of replenishing and recruiting new armies so you can take them out at your leisure as long as they're not marching together in one big doomstack

It's either a melee monster, magical girl, or a literal who that spends all his time in a city making money. I prefer magical girls because I'm a degenerate, but you can go for the melee monster if you prefer. All three are pretty fun though the literal who is the most boring game personality-wise.

>mod
>mod
>mod
>problem
>same for all factions
>na
>na

Pleb

*coughs*

*scratches nose*

China would be a good setting for the next total war.

>if you can get a mod to fix something then it isn't a problem

:thinking:

Are you the same fag who spends all day claiming Aztecs/Mayans are Mexican culture?

Because I think you are. And I think you're a raging faggot too.

China is basically the only setting left for a new Total War

>Bretonnian peasants shout "God help us" when routing

What the fuck? Did CA just reuse sound assets from one of the other TWs without even checking if it made sense?

Yes, it literally isnt a problem if a mod fixes it

You total fucking twat.

You realize the peasants dont all praise the lady right? Some praise smegma.

lord of the rings total war when

It really wouldn't. You have thousands of years with little to no variation on tactics or weapons.

Biggest things that happened
>Chariots got invented
>Absolutely wrecked zerg tactics
>Chinese finally realized how to use a spear, chariots died
>Crossbows got invented
>Proceed to dominate all range warfare until late period guns
>Explosives discovered
>They used some for grenades, and some really shitty artillery that was actually just fireworks to scare people
>West had to show them how to actually blow people up

The only setting that is actually good for TW is Renaissance. Or one of the periods already done before.

never

>broken arms aren't a problem because they can be fixed

You are a man of taste, and I agree.

Also bring Jeff back. More fun music. We're playing a videogame. I don't give a damn if youtube.com/watch?v=oGwxRY5xdbM&user=1xCloudStrifex1 is playing and it doesn't fit the setting.

I thought Rome 2 did a better job than Attila. Inevitably some settings sacrifice roster diversity for playstyle diversity or culture/aesthetics diversity. Coincidentally it's why I think a Renaissance game can work, or pike and shot. You just start earlier around 1453 or 1492 and you get pikes, sword and board, halberds, bills, longbows, muskets of various type, bardiches, ect.

You know arguing by analogy just proves you have no real argument at all. You have to use something similar but not actually related to pretend you have a point because in your mind this made up situation is now fixed.

If the problem is horde infighting, then download the mod that removes horde infighting. It is no longer a fucking problem them is it.

wouldn't modding all that shit out just make the Chaos Campaign an utter faceroll?

Or are you referring to SFO or some shit that takes all that shit out but re-balances the whole campaign?

>ask why people dislike chaos campaign
>other user points out its flaws
>you mention that you mod the flaws out

there you go, you just answered your own question. People don't like the chaos campaign because it has flawed mechanics that drag the quality of the campaign down if they aren't removed by modifying the game

They don't shout "Sigmar help us", or even "godS help us" though. They say "God help us" and noone in Warhammer simply calls their deity of choice "God".

>200 range germanic archers

why did the germanic tribes fear the huns when their foot archers outranged hunnic horse archers?

Oh boy some now revisionist history for something that happened 5 minutes ago too!

He had some valid complaints, and I never denied the fact that Chaos is a weak campaign. But bitching about shit you can fix in literally 1 minute is absolutely fucking idiotic.

Dont cry about something like horde infighting, replenishment rates or siege times when you can toggle it off.

Sadly I think I'm on the same trireme.

My thought is that CA is going to go the General/Lord based narrative route to make historical more compelling.

Are outriders just super easy to kill? It feels like if I look away from my outriders for a few seconds half the unit gets killed.

I dont think you actually know anything about the lore at all.

There is a lot of religious freedom in Bretonnia, minus worshiping Chaos. And if you read the books you would know they refer to 'god' all the time.

So guys, any info on how Arena is going to be? Is it just battle maps?
Man I so wish one day we have a full mmorts with Total War

If they get engaged they're fucked. So if you don't keep an eye on them to micro they can be taken out easily.

>campaign has to be modified to be enjoyable
>(you) can't understand why people don't enjoy it

Have your last (you), im sorry you got this upset I called you out on your bullshit but at least next time you'll think before you post.

they should make a legendary/mythology style game, so we get gods and legends.

Romanticized heroes of different nations as generals etc

>I like something that I know is widely unpopular, but its only turn 23 and I'm bored what do?
>let me go where it's unpopular and ask people why they don't like it and when they answer I'll call them pleb literal faggot retards haha so ebin! :^)

Thanks, and yeah, a good OST is always welcome. Though I digged Atilla's music. It matched the tone of the game really well.

I use to hate the idea of a pike and shot Total War, but I'm starting to like the idea more. I hated it because I thought it would just be mass heavy infantry lines, ineffectual cav, and minimal opportunity for large maneuvers. Though with player micro, I hope CA could still permit highly effective cav and light infantry even if pike/musket formations and artillery are still the focus of the game.

I do hope they keep the focus on leaders in future Total War games. Though I also wish they keep the army traditions system too. They both add awesome game personalization that I enjoy immensely.

>any info on how Arena is going to be?
Shit. They put P2W back in and nothing has changed since the first time we played it. Its still rubbish because its too many players with too few units basically just bum-rushing each other to finish quickly to grind points.

>if you don't want your campaign to be bad just make it easy instead

TIME TA EAT, BOYZ

>playing Fall of the Samurai with the pastebin's recommended mod
>sword fags are fucking unbreakable in morale and just chop through everything

epic just epic

rate me based on my faction opinions

>Empire
Alright

>Greenskins
Good

>Dwarves
Excellent

>Bretonnia
Eurgh

>VC
Boring as shit

>Chaos
Bad

Don't have beastmen or welves

Do you guys think a WW 1 total war will work? You know, trench warfare and shit

The problem is as vampies is that I lose men chasing after chaos due to the attrition. I've found that one of the best ways to beat them is to just lure them in and then bum-rush them with about 3 armies with 1 in reserve to cuck them on their retreat.

Which is what I tried to do in pic related but you'll see that I'm getting cucked by fucking lightning strike by Dickeater with his insane levels.

I think though with that high ground and my loadsaspears and archers I should be able to hold off them and win, or at least decimate them enough so that they will be wiped out by those stacks that can't reinforce.

My lack of flying units was a MISTAKE so those hellcanons will fuck me up unless I can cuck them with my cavalry.

I'm using Radious unit mod as well if anyone is wondering.

No

No.

Could it work? Yes

Would it be good? Hell fucking no. Boring as shit setting.

>>Empire
>Alright

Out with you.

no

>I'm using Radious unit mod as well if anyone is wondering.

It would require a mechanics rework of what makes Total War, Total War. Empire worked because everyone still marched in line formation for the most part. WW1 was when people stopped doing that. So unit control would alien to anything Total War has done.

Probably something really frilly and lacy I'd say, and of course in white

Ive fallen for the Pike meme too

Floppy uniforms/hats, pikes and halberds, early gunpowder/bows, swords, lots of cav variery and a ton of interesting and relatively under utilized wars

How the fuck do I see the campaign victory conditions once I'm in the campaign?

Are you legitimately retarded? I know that Bretonnian peasants can worship whatever the fuck they like.
I also know that Sigmar, Ulric etc. are gods and referred to as such. But when a Sigmar-worshipper calls out to him, they still call him "Sigmar" and not fucking "God".

Go read some Warhammer books before you post about something you know nothing about, thanks.

what game?

Cite me a passage from a book of your choice then which supports your argument. Should be easy for you after all, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=dMEnBHef96c

This is gonna be fun

I'm not done watching it, but the way everyone dies quietly is hilarious. One guys sounds like he is feigning disgust (ugh!) when an artillery shell explodes right behind him.

Sure thing
>Emperor's Armies
>"Fear not the coming enemy for He is with us, God protects each and every one of us from his coming tide. Praise the Emperor, Praise Sigma, Praise the Empire!"

Lol, BTFO

Another thing is this is late Renaissance, 1635 to 59. Earlier on will have less pike and guns and more cav and heavy armored guys.

CA did say one thing about the new game in that it had some interesting kill animations, I really hope that means they are going to try to recreate these more 'fluid' battles like that video shows with guys running and fighting through lines.

>Both sides have camps
>They send out their first assaults at each other, but also keep troops in reserve
THIS needs to be in the historical titles from now on. Battles should be often Camp v Camp, or Armies v Camps just as often as it is Army v Army. Attila sort of did this, but there was often no reason to camp then fight.

There was a lot of actual dialogue in warfare between sides, before and after fights. Would make for some interesting diplomacy rather than
>Mash your army on his face
>Sell/Take on/Kill survivors

btfo

what a fucking mess

tried retreating so grimgor would attack me in a more favorable position but still hurp durp army still reinforces from two different sides :P

he just bumrushed my reinforcing army and it was a fucking slaughterhouse until the other army could run ALL THE WAY to the edge of the map

fucking dumb

>with guys running and fighting through lines
Another thing that turned me over to the pike and shot Total War idea is that unit diversity would be pretty easy with how pike vs pike combat went. In Warhammer we have several units that are just the same unit with different equipment. In past titles usually units like that had a clear best choice and that was it, but Warhammer actually gives value to choosing between spears, spears w/ shields, swords w/ shields, etc. because they all have similar stats for being the same guys just carrying different weapons.

Would be sick if they took that idea to a historical title. Instead of neat upgrades to the pike units you get different equipment with similar stats, but for different roles. For example: a pure pike unit, a pike unit with muskets for range, but worse melee, and a pike unit with swords for better anti-infantry, but worse anti-large and vulnerability to guns. A system like that to simulate the different way pike squares were formed throughout the years would keep it historical and prevent the game from falling into the trap of Rome 2 and Atilla of there being clearly superior choices for a given role.

Even if that is in there (a picture would be a lot more convincing than a line of text including "Praise Sigma" and no page reference), it's still retarded that out of all the units in the game, it's the Bretonnian peasants shouting this.

Anyone else feel like Orcs don't play right because they're just as orderly as all the other factions?

This was the same reason I avoided them on TT. All that lore and they still line up in just as neat squares as everyone else.

I suspect CA is aware, or at least I hope so, that they really have to step up their historical titles to match TWW so we get some of these more diverse features.

Otherwise everyone will just stick with TWW.

I think a Pike and Shot Total War would benefit by including the eastern armies like Russia, Cossacks, Poland, and Ottomemes were Pike and Shot sort of reached there, but took on a different form of warfare with a greater focus on cavalry both ranged and melee. Pike and Shot era cavarly was pretty diverse ranging from heavy gendarmes in full plate and lances to reiters with pistols firing right before impact and switch to swords or mounted crossbowmen.

what kind of campaign are you playing where you're stuck on tier 1 whilst Grimgor has 4 fucking giants?

the hard campaign

>I suspect CA is aware
I hope so too. Warhammer was such a pleasant surprise. It's honestly in the top three best Total War games, if not the best, in terms of gameplay and mechanics. Obviously if you have a preferred game setting that's first, but Warhammer has the gameplay down solid even if you disregard things like magic.

>Pike and Shot era cavarly was pretty diverse
Sounds sick, I love cavalry heavy armies (though strangely Welfs are my favorite Warhammer faction). I think it's fair to say I'm sold on a Pike and Shot Total War.