/ndg/ - Nier/Drakengard General #33

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu
Old feels

Other urls found in this thread:

nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Cruel Arrogance
nier2.com/yorha-stage-play/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

COMMANDER x NINES LEWDS
WHENNNNNNNNNN

Devola and Popola should have been reprogrammed into pleasure twins.

WE SHALL ALL BE BANNED AND BECOME AS MODS

I think this is the closest thing you're going to get for a while, user

Devola and Popola did nothing wrong.
Shadowlord was good boi.

4th for more than 300 pounds of pussy and ass.

2B and 9S are LEWD! They love each other too.

ADAM x 9S x EVE LEWDS!!!

Just finished Route E, and I've a couple of questions

So, what was the Tower and what did destroying it mean?
Were those two girls (from the tower) the result of the machine's evolution?

9S is for Commander.

aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Doea A2's dash do anything? It's not a ram like in her boss formand

It's longer. And cooler looking.

The tower was a weapon aimed at the moon that was supposed to destroy what the machine network thought was humanity. Instead at the last moment, they changed it into a peaceful ark to send machines in space. The red girls are the machine network itself after it discovered information about Project Gestalt and Nier. Hence the designation N2.

The tower was originally a cannon to blast the moon and eradicate the last traces of humanity.
But then they learned that humanity was dead and everything was dumb, so they changed it into a cannon to launch an Ark carrying the machines' data, so they could start over on another planet.

The twins were the avatars for the machine network's self-awareness.

Tower was a giant cannon created to rek humans' shit on the moon. It was also the central server of the machine network, meaning it will take machines 500 years to rebuild it.The twins were an approximation of human personality created by the machine network.

Why did they need the whole huge tower thing to shit out a tiny spaceship when that one machine built a much smaller space elevator that worked just as well if not better. It was probably cheaper too.

WE SHALL BECOME AS MODS

They didn't have the 180k Gs because some faggot yorohas were robbing them.

>that one machine saying he loves boobs
>changed to "feed me" in english subtitles
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>that cruel arrogance weapon story
Fucking rub it in, why don't you?
nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Cruel Arrogance

Mars is like next door. The ark will probably be traveling the cosmos, eventually landing on Drakengard's world.

I'm probably somewhat wrong here because I didn't totally understand what all was occurring, but

The tower was a launch platform for a rocket for the robots to leave the earth and see the rest of the galaxy. After Adam and Eve influenced the machine network with their desire to understand and be as humans, their goals became to evolve and progress. As far as I understand they're similar in 'role' to Adam and Eve, sort of overseers of the machine lifeform network.

Is the machine a lolicon?

Help me out here: what just happened in that boss encounter between A2 and the manah twins in the tower? How/why did running around and doing nothing cause them to multiply, then decide not to kill you, then kill each other?!

FAREWELL

FAREWELL

the machine networkis both loli and oniichan in the same instant

Looking at streamers and holy shit the amount of people struggling at the bullet hell makes me realize how far from a normalfag I am

No, the machine network wants to BE the little girl.

So I'm trying to gather some of the archives I missed, and apparently a couple of them are in the abandoned factory and only appear after the fight with So-Shi. I remember this robot but I can't remember when it was exactly. Anyone remember what chapter I need to jump to?

Wtf just like me

>Finish quest
>Creepy song comes on

YOU
ARE
FALSE

which parts are they struggling at?

divergent evolution lead them to differing conclusions about android life. diferent perspective leads to conflict

machine network is evolving to be moot

>evolving

Only the older models need water, the YoRHa units are fine without it

>Apparently, the older model androids needed some sort of liquid to keep their bodies functioning, but the newer YoRHa units are fully automatous and need no such liquid… even still, consuming water will not impede their function.

sauce: nier2.com/yorha-stage-play/

Considering all the other bible references in the game, could the Tower be the Tower of Bibble Babble in symbolism?

>complete shitter at bullet hell
>feel like a fucking noob going through the game
>read about people dying 10+ times to a single chest in Soul Box
>read about people getting stonewalled by the first big Square Enix logo in the credits
It's a reassuringly mediocre kind of feel.

You can press L2/LT to lock on to enemies in bullet hell mode if you're playing on Normal.

Now you're just talking crazy user.

I ain't no cripple, user. I don't need your crutch.

HELP

THE MUSIC WENT MAD WHAT'S HAPPENING

I don't want to fuck up ending Y

thats not where you get ending y just beat his ass

Thanks user.

Can you still buy from him after/

Alright I need to fucking know how to get into those damn bunkers with the apologetic machines in front of them.

Also I haven't gotten ending C yet, do I need ABCD to gain access?

Masamune mentions something about finding swords, is that what they're hiding?

guys

GUYS

WHAT IF

THE NEXT GAME

IS A DoD1 REMAKE

Masamune is talking about the cruel and virtuous weapons. You can find them through normal gameplay.

You can't get into them. No one can.

Deranged Religion? BECOME AS GODS

>Type-E... I didn't know there was such a thing
>Did you, 2B?

>......
>Some things are better left unknown.

Well what the fuck. I don't know if I like being teased or not.

Does he give me fist weapons with a wolf design after that? Cause he gave me them fisters.

Also short sword > other shit weapons.

Found fucking Emil and I went to visit his ass, then reached the deepest point there and found this.

Why?

So we can all agree the girls rating go:

Twins > Operator > A2 > Pod 153 > the Singing robot boss > shit > B2 > Commander.

Right?

Fuck no. A DoD1 remake would inevitably be """improved""" to make it more """enjoyable""" since DoD1's actively hateful game design would be critically and commercially panned.

Has Emil told you where he lives in your second playthrough yet or just your first?

Did you finish his quest? Have you gotten the dialogue from him about his house?

how about just nines?

A DoD1 remake that was actually done by Taro would probably end up being a completely different game that was merely pretending to be DoD1, so I'd be fine with gameplay changes.

Go look at a lunar tear.

Go upstairs and look at the flower in the right corner of the room. Emil will send you on a quest.

No

You'd put 153 before A2?

>Pod 153 is "ichi-go-san" in japanese
>Pod 153 is literally "Ms. Strawberry"
CUTE!

I found him like 5 times with 2B 9S and A2, went to check the Lunar tear and nothing, but he did told me "go visit me I live deep bla bla bla".

Huh, weird. This Emil is a little different.

As long as we get more Caim. I'd love a game set inbetween DoD1 and Nier, it'd be neat. It would be soul-crushingly depressin though.

Someone want to explain to me how the Devola and Popola from another city fucked up and wiped out humanity?

I didn't understand what exactly it was that they did. I thought they were just observers.

Next game will be about drifting dead through space forever.

I...
I didn't know that.. would have been fucking useful.

>summoning a lv99 in the emil boss fight
Emil was half HP even before he was done with his speech, wtf

They told Nier that killing Shadow Lord will stop the Yonah's illness. When in fact that prevented the Gestalts from ever uniting with Replicants and effectively wiped out humanity.

They let a selfish father kill Satan which ended the result of Project Gestalt.

Well their "Go get unreasonably powerful while we roll the Shadowlord out of bed. Heres where all the best spells are" idea kinda bit them in the butt, but I think its because everyone forgot Nier existed and they had to blame somebody for what he did.

Anyone find Hard way too hard?

I can't make it through the first level without getting one shotted either by the electric ball or the crane slam

hmm guess I'm going to have to play near then...

It would still be walking in the footsteps of giants. It would be impossible not to compare them, and no matter what Taro does it wouldn't compare favorably.

Maybe it would be okay in twenty years as some kind of conclusion to the Taroverse.

I recommend playing on normal if it's your first time. Hard/Very Hard seems to play out based on the predication that you already know what's coming.

...I don't think many people hold the game in that high regard.

I already played through the game as normal. I found normal too easy but hard too hard.
But getting one shot is bullshit

Is there any way to make Emil respawn?

Literally can't find him anywhere and I already beated the game with all 5 main endings.

>That little fucker after finishing the forest king quest

Posted this in the last thread, but I thought I would post this again with updated translations. This is the JP version of The Weight of the World (The Song of a Broken World in moonrunes) translated into English.

My salvation fades away
My body froze in place
Even now, the sky is still so dark
The stopped clocks
The unsounding machines
That my voice could not reach
This is my curse
The depth of the sins I committed
Was your wish
But even without an impure soul, I will atone

And so we right now
Ah, even though it's worthless, I will cry out
The song of a broken world
And so we right now
Ah, even though it's meaningless, I still wish
For a future together with you

May your smile on that day… Lovingly disappear…

The greenery overflows
Life so wastefully spill
Even now, the wind is still so far away
The peeling rust
And the twisting blade
There in the forest of lurking death

This is my curse
The pain of killing a promise
Was your wish
But for throwing away my very last dream, I will atone

And so we right now
The love of this corrupted world
And so we right now
For more time together with you

May your drowned consciousness... Gently disappear…

And so we right now
The song of a broken world
And so we right now
For a future together with you

And so we right now
The love of this corrupted world
And so we right now
For more time together with you

Even if my prayers do not deserve forgiveness, I…

Obviously spoilers for NieR

The shadowlord spent a solid 1,000+ years waiting for the Gestalt project to end, but it wasn't showing any signs of coming to a close. He got impatient and the Popola and Devola of that game caved and decided to start the merging process and orchestrated NieR and Weiss's meeting. NieR fucked up by causing Weiss to lose his verses, which were the codified information on how to merge a replicant and gestalt, so they sent NieR all over to recollect them.

Then they fucked up a second time when that didn't bring Weiss's memories back and they waited WAY too long to let him in on what was going on, and in the meantime, NieR got stronger than the shadowlord, so when things came to blows NieR and Weiss killed the shadowlord, dooming humanity.

The original Popola and Devola caused the extinction of mankind by coming up with way too complicated of plans and refusing to do anything themselves, and then the world forgets who NieR ever was in ending D, so all the blame comes down on them, and by extension, all other Popola and Devola models.

It's not that it's that good, so much as it is incredibly unique.

>difficulty says "hard"
>complain about it being hard

So how do you go about discovering endings?

I have
ABDITUW

Please don't tell me how to get the other endings just give me tips on how to go about discovering them.

I'm guessing I have to decide to go in space for ending C.

Nier maaaaay be playable on PC within a year's time. If you have technical skills, the more help RPCS3 gets, the better.

git gud

Just do stupid stuff that doesn't seem like any player should do them at first, get lucky, and do as many sidequests as possible

Some of them are obtuse in nature in regards to unlocking, to the point where a player getting it seems dubious. Ending X for example, though I won't tell you why or what it is.

Given a choice on what to do? Try both options. Try exploring during different parts of a quest. Try using special commands in various locations. Try attacking, try not attacking, try running away. Try hacking, try not hacking.

Easiest way to tell you is to just run away when you're not supposed to.

Am I retarded for thinking a DoD game (not necessarily 4) with Kamiya's involvement is pretty possible? Feels like there's a lot in its favor:

>friends with Taro
>presumably free after the cancellation of Scalebound
>this was his dream game of pairing a human with a dragon
>previous collaboration of Taro/PG in Automata did well

I feel like if you had Taro in charge of the writing and Kamiya for the gameplay it could turn it great, assuming they didn't come to butt heads over shit.

>mfw Demon's Souls is already close to being ready for total emulation, last time I checked they only had audio problems of all things
>gamecube, PS2, Wii, Dreamcast, etc. all have online support from emulators as well

So if they didn't killed the shadowlord all would gucci?

>Meanwhile orig Xbox is still impossible to work on

Where the actual fuck is this newspaper scrap archive in the flooded city area?