>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK (embed)

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/304390
youtube.com/watch?v=5JNaJJZpmWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for dead game

First for sexy Valkyrie!

POST MAINS

i'm levelling the fat man now. any tips?

>Playing elimination with a friend
>I end up losing my first fight
>Mid execution the game drops me
>Friend says the match is still going on
>I now look like a faggot who quit the second I died
T-thanks Ubisoft

What makes you go

>Wow!
>Wow!
>Wow!

Warlord taunt spam into unlocked charge throwing me off a cliff

Winning.
I really hate those fags who act honorable until it comes down to the tie breaker and they throw honor out the window. They always make me feel obligated to play fair, then they don't play fair.
>empathy is the white man's trait
>nerf valk pls

It felt limited in scope because of the three factions. I felt like some people were trying to tell a story that they couldn't really tell, and we just got hints of stuff. Vikangz are all separate Warlords and came back from a 300 year vacation to not-Vinland where they were probably driven out by not-Aztecs, Knights are broken up into some sort of province system where their precursor nation made use of a 'Centurion' order that still exists. And the 'Dawn Empire' (Weebs) had their capital driven further west after the Cataclysm happened.

spam unblockable run as much as possible

What is the timing for dodging a Valk sweep? Spamming dodges doesn't seem to do anything and I just eat the sweep.

Do people still play this shit

steamcharts.com/app/304390

Majority of player are on console and most are pretty dedicated.

Do you guys also think that all unique weapon sets are too corny with the gold and silver ornaments? The unique weapon set for the Berserker doesnt suit him at all, unless combining it with other parts.

Hope they dont introduce gold armors.

*ATTENTION XBROS*
There is now an /fhg/ club on xbox
If you would like to join either look up:
For Honor General Official
OR
add metalkid267 and i will invite you to the club

some characters make it work while others dont. Usually it looks better if its not completely gold.

Why the fuck does Kensei has stun grabs? I mean why in the hell do they even exist?

If only I could be so grossly incandescent

No idea your experience so I'm just gonna make a big list of things to remember

-Any parry nets you a gb
-Play more carefully when shield is down, you take 25% more damage if it is
-Stamina game is very important to shugo so don't be afraid of doing the lower damage LA+headbutt from gb over golfswing
-Demons embrace can be confirmed 3 ways. parry/throw exhausted opponent, wall throw and oni charge. LEARN THE TIMING
-Don't be afraid to trade health, you have the most health in the game (LA+headbutt)
-Oni charge is disgustingly good, learn the timing to, as quickly as you can, charge out of lock
-If they dodge charge then mixup to gb, if they dash attack then parry it
-if they are exhausted its your time to shine with gb/charge mixup (60 dam charged heavy from exhausted throw)
-Zone covers a ton of distance and if parried leaves you out of gb range, this move requires experience to use well, probably don't use it much

Other than that you gotta get used to shugo super armor, its crazy good but very hard to 100% capitalize off it. eating a light attack to get a gb ect.

I fucking hate honorfags so goddamn much. I wish there was a fucking block function in this game, because I want to never play with these goddamn faggots ever again
>Playing elimination
>Enemy team is gangbanging me regularly
>Meanwhile my friendly Conq and Lawbringer REFUSE to help me ever
>If they're losing a fight I jump in to help save them and keep them alive
>They thank me by just stepping away and watch
>They aren't just trying to avoid triggering revenge though, they'll watch the enemy get revenge and execute me with it all the while emoting
>I'm literally about to die and running towards them to try to get them to intercept the guy chasing me so I can grab health
>They just let him pass and catch up because he's faster
Seriously, this shit just makes me so fucking angry. Why do you go into a team mode and then just sit back and let your teammates die? As far as I'm concerned this is one of the biggest fucking problems in the game, because I can't tell you the amount of games I've lost because faggots decide to roleplay as some honorable warrior and let our teammates die just to lose the fight

>Enemy is a Valk
>Disconnect

There's just no point. They'll just fucking spam the sweep over and over and eventually you'll give way because of how fucking exhausting it is to fight against. You never get an opening, they just shit out attacks and moves too fast. Valk was horrifically overbuffed.

Definitely not she sucks in high level play just don't get hit an you'll be fine

>metalkid267

>Go against a Roach
>He just uses the zone and top lights
>Over and over
>And over and over and over and over
>All I can do is block
>Playing Kensei so I have no way to beat him without parrying because I can't break his guard
>He never even tries to parry
>He just sits there
>Blocking and using light overheads and zones

People... actually enjoy this character? Why are all fucking Orochis like this, and why are they always huge cunts? Do they think playing their Naruto wannabe and spamming the same two moves over and over makes them impressive? I don't get it. If you are playing Raider or Kensei against one, you literally have zero options. I don't think there's a human alive who can parry those zones and light tops. They come out in like 10 frames each.

metalkid is here!

Thanks for the tips.
Shug is such a fun character to play but I always feel limited by his lack of approach options.

Wall bash>Back Break isn't mashable is it?
Because I always find myself whiffing a GB when I try to combo those. Maybe I gotta watch my left stick.
Same thing seems to happen with Headbutt though, so maybe it's a timing window thing.

>-If they dodge charge then mixup to gb, if they dash attack then parry it
I'm guessing this is just Sprint>GB punish their dodge?
I fucking wish Dodge Attacks were punishable with GB. Too many damn iframes.

>Guy picks Warlord
>Beat him
>Tell him all Warlord players should be gassed
>He picks Kensei
>Beat his Kensei too
>He calls me a "sook" who "guard break spams" and quits

All warlords and weebs should be gassed.

Too much gold can be tacky.
I especially hate it on Berserker when he's got matching dual golden axes but for some reason they don't cut cleanly through people's necks on execution.

If someone's gonna go for the decked out barbarian look they should at least get it right. Non matching weapons and single gaudy pieces of armor is a good place to start.

if hes spamming top lights just dash into him for a free gb.

How does that work? The lights come out so fast.

>beat someone in a children's video game
>still somehow manage to complain about it

Mark my fucking words: when Warlord and Conqueror get nerfed, Valkyrie will become the new class everyone flocks to.

I feel like I see more valk players every day.

>lol means laugh
What did the roach meant by this?
I won by the way

>Wall bash->Back Break isn't mashable is it?
You cant buffer it, so the distance of the throw does matter against assassins who have slightly faster recovery and much larger dash distance. ie if you throw them at a wall with a very small distance you got about a 4~ frame window to start a demons embrace. practice against a bot to get the timing down.

>Same thing seems to happen with Headbutt
yup, can't buffer it

>I'm guessing this is just Sprint>GB punish their dodge?
Exactly. you have to remember that Kensei, Orochi, Beserker and Pk all have dash attacks that will punish both charge and gb. Instead of either you bait the dodge attack out and easy parry it.

>He doesn't get frustrated at dealing with fucking Warlords

Vaguely related, but I have had every single opponent I have beaten rage quit today. This game's community has gotten so fucking insular and shitty.

She's already the class people flock to
>Fast as lightning attacks
>Combos for days
>Shield bash stance is a literal time out because you can't touch her once she goes into it, she has superior block and you can't get close enough to GB without getting bashed
She's fucking insufferable to deal with when I get revenge
>Pop revenge SHIELD STANCE
>Won't use it unless she knows I won't dodge
>Revenge ends up being wasted with me trying to get to her

>trying to play skirmish for assassin order
>3 pls on the other team
>Alt+F4

>mobile
>escribe un mensaje

I'm almost certain they could cut it by 25% just by halving the downtime between duels.

I think it looks good if you go all out

just dash into him with your guard up and do a dashing gb. it's garunteed

>Go against Nobushi as Kensei
>He doesn't respond to feints
>All he does over and over is heavies
>If I block or parry a heavy I can't follow up at all because Nobushi goes too far
>He never dodges so I can't bait dodges out of him

So, uh, what do I do here? Besides lose, I mean?

What if ubisoft was actually Scooby soft

just overhead light? that's fast on a kensei isn't it?

Follow up parries with a top light?
I play as Warden and usually just murder Nobushis by following up parries with my zone.

Tried this, it was too slow and short ranged. Even if I followed up as soon as I did the parry it would miss by a good foot because she was sent so far away.

Did you try a dash gb after the parry? That nor,ally catches most people.

where do I submit my emblem for ubicirclejerk's emblems of the week

Take the shug pill.

Post it to r/ForHonorEmblems, or tweet at them.

No, he reflexively broke it.

You get a top heavy from all ranges, nothing else but that's more than most characters can. Off lights you get any heavy

Recorded this just for you

Is an impale charge guaranteed off of a light parry? The same way ad mortem is?

>dont play the game for a little bit to play other games
>come back and i have lost all skill
>dont even get any breathers too as im immediately put up against rep 10 people
>dont want to play game anymore
Thanks ubi

I tried this, simply doesn't work on humans. Whenever I parry a Nobushi, she does that spinning animation where she goes flying. Attempting to grab out of that results in a failed grab, which the Nobushi punishes for a good 40 damage.

>Facing a Warden
>Dodge his charge
>Try to grab him
>Doesn't work, can't grab off a failed charge
>Try to light him
>Doesn't work, he can block off a failed charge

This fucking game falls apart at the seams if you even lightly tap it. Who the fuck thought charge shouldn't be punishable despite being a massive investment? Shit, sometimes it hits you even if you dodge it. Who at Ubisoft thought this up?

Eh, it's a mess but it's still better than other games that tried this same crap, like Anarchy Reigns.

I'm more mad that I keep getting GBed out of lights and I can't GB dash attacks while they're still in the dash half of the attack.

That's not a parry, its a kensei specific trick with dashes for a guaranteed gb.

>guard in the direction they are attacking in
>dodge
>they are forced into recovery frames due to superior block property
>gb

It's pure bullshit that there's no risk at all doing the charge, which is why Wardens tend to spam it nonstop.
Your only hope to stop them is to hit them during the charge, but they can cancel the charge and block/parry your light attack. Of course Warden mains pretend that this is completely fair and not bullshit

I meant top light, man I'm tired

>Using a controller
>Have to move thumb from stick to do this
>Adding a minimum of .5 seconds
>Rendered useless

heros with dodgeattacks can probably punish it?

They can't, because Warden can block immediately after missing. There's literally no punishing the shoulder if you dodge it every single time and counter every GB cancel

Only conqueror recovers so fast they can block out of shoulder charge.

I guess, but there's always the chance that they try to GB from vortex, so dodgeattack will give you short immunity and stagger him

Good thing you can easily rebind your controller without going through an external program that fucks up your sensitivities

[spoilers] oh-oh yeah....

Even if you want to argue that it only benefits characters who have dodge attacks. Meanwhile we have other characters with absolutely no solution to the vortex.
>Play Shugoki to level him up
>Get matched against a high rep warden
>He GBs me, I tech it but the damage is done, my hyper armor is gone
>He just goes to town vortexing over and over again because my lights are too slow to stop him
>Literally nothing I can do can stop or punish him at this point
>Once my armor comes back he GBs me again to get rid of it and resumes the vortex
The shoulder is bullshit, there's a reason every single high rep warden abuses it nonstop

Wardens do as well. I've dodged their shoulder countless times and tried hitting them after, just to have them block

does nobushi have a bug where she can grab way faster than usual?

also i thought they fixed so that if you both grab at the same time they cancel out, this doesnt happen still sometimes

>Play against a guy
>He plays exactly the same as me, only he's slightly better at parries and feints
>He bitches about my playstyle and acts all melodramatic about how we're NOTHING ALIKE
>Gives a big homosexual speech about it
>Ask him how we play different
>He has no answer

All I did was point out we had the exact same playstyle, he just implemented feints and parries better, and he got super offended. I don't get it.

In the earlier thread I asked if Zerk's forward dash light can start his combos, I tried it on a level 0 bot and it seems that it can.

It's because high level play makes you both frustrating dipshits to fight against for the other person, so he refused to accept that he's "THAT fucking passive".

He literally did nothing I didn't do. His whole playstyle was just wait for me to attack and go for grabs, which was also my playstyle.

>Try playing in Australian peak
>Meet the same two dozen people over and over

Well, I'm done, lads. Glad I got this game for free, or I'd be a tad upset that it's already dead.

there is nothing more satisfying than crushing counter
prove me wrong

pro tip: you ccan't

reminder that pk needs to be nerfed

>pk zone is 400 ms
>game has build in 100 ms delay
>300 ms to react
>flicker bug appears for ~4 frames/~65 ms
>235 ms to react
>guard switch without penalty is around 5 frames, so another 80 ms
>155 ms to react
nah, she's good

Many things
>shugo grab when critical health
>1/10 second light parrying a PK/Valk/Nobu in to AD MORTEM
>Using Conq charged attack to parry
>Using zerkers dodge heavy to eat damage so you can finish them
>Battering people in to spikes as Shugo
>No Superstes someone in to a hazard
>pushing people in fires with regular attacks
>wiping everyone with catapult
>counter GB pushes them in to a pit
>deflecting, especially against lightspammers
>revenging and parrying 4 people in one parry (even though it's automatic after the first)
>killing a faggot who keeps talking shit and relies on op hero/gear, and still hearing them bitch even when you beat them with odds against you
>getting revenge from last ticks of bleed before it kills you
>feinting a warden in to using crushing, only to parry it and ledge them :^)

you forgot
>getting a quadra kill with a revenged out shugoki against full health assassins and i bar missing heavies and vanguards in one swing

you mean umpteenth

>Go against another guy playing Kensei
>Realise we are playing the exact same way
>Even if we were playing different classes, the only difference would be in openers
>We feint, try to bait parries, and grab
>Over and over
>And over and over and over
>Point this out to him
>He tells me to "shut the fuck up and play"
>Beat him
>Tell him we are both pathetic and should do something else
>He quits
>Uninstall the game

I feel depressed. Any advice?

I thought only vanguards can do that. Maintain their guard through a dash, I mean.

>tfw you parry a Warden's first zone attack in a fight
I really just wanted to attack left and extremely lucked out but he was impressed.

Kensei is a vanguard.

>threadly reminder that Raider is a peacekeeper killer

youtube.com/watch?v=5JNaJJZpmWQ

Holy shit that Berserker is fucking hilarious. The class suits him perfectly. I wish I had friends

>playing a bit of orochi
>only level 3
>meet rep 4 PK
>lose first two matches win 3rd in tie breaker round
>having some kind chatting along the way
>play law (my main) for a game, 3-0 him but we both had fun and a few laughs
>play zerker game win and have some more friendly banter
>pic related after last zerker match
Why can't I have more fun like this, even when I was losing I was having fun

The dude lost 3 rounds in a row, no slat is the best part desu. the previous person I fought rage quit because I double top light -> zoned him once with orochi

so do toons take less damage if you damage them while they are doing an unblockable?

ive shugoki charged heavied a raider while he was trying to charge me, and i did half a bar of hp. same with a lawbringer shove.

I heard you can parry crushing counter, if that is true than it has to be more satisfying

>toons

sry wrong game. champs.

>champs