/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

WARNING: DLC2 HAS BEEN DATAMINED, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED, GO AWAY

>fags with hollowed out brains wouldn't create a new thread:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n
>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E3Su-3cQMk8
darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_Lord_Soul
darksouls2.wikidot.com/giant-lord-soul
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shielded millwood knights are bullshit

>tfw no pcfcbf

I like Souls games

meme hack sucky

First for useless patches:

youtube.com/watch?v=E3Su-3cQMk8

A few faith spells got buffed and bleed got nerfed a bit. That's it.

WORKING AS INTENDED

Is there no bonfire around here?

I feel like there should be because theres a bossfight right outside here.

There is nothing wrong with waiting until page 10

>Last boss is literally who you don't give a shit about
B-team did better job with kings dlc

I'm not sure I understand the comparison being made here.

Are Greathammers more viable now? How were they buffed precisely?
Please (You).

Elfriede's stinky feet!

Ivory King was a literally who you don't give a shit about
And DaS3 has yet to produce an encounter that surpasses him.

There's a shortcut to there, go up the stairs.

a bonfire turns up there later when you kill the surprise boss

no

That video has a lot of misinfo and bad testing 2bh.

>The nerf to the Carthus Curved Sword apparently effects all curved swords.

Wrong

Also

>Doesn't test vertical UGS
>doesn't mention the stamina usage decrease
>says UGS are nerfed.
>Thinks lightning stake has the same speed.

Why does he keep making these butthurt videos instead of fun dark souls 2 videos?

what stairs? I cant go up those spiral stairs this place is so fucking dark i cant see shit.

Other than that all ican think of is the elevator outside but i still have to fight through 3 knights per try then.

Gael boss .webm where?

What's a good dps weapon for early game dex builds? Sellsword Twinblades? Uchi?

The last boss could've been a fucking hollow from the asylum and it would've been the same. Doesn't matter who it is, all that matters is he ate the dark soul and now he's basically immortal Artorias. That's what they're trying to show with it being Gael.

Way faster 1hr1 and your attacks has more range.

No kidding, I had a boner when that fucking Oblivion portal showed up. That DLC is easily among the bests in the series.

Not the stairs in the room you dumbass, the stairs after the fatknight before that area. Yes, the one with three knights between you and there, because you don't have to go there again after talking to Emma. Just jump off the edge where the stairs are onto the platform they put specifically for that purpose.

to get to vordt? you can just run past them

I don't know about the range but 1hr1 are finally useful and stamina cost got a nice buff

he's new to fromsoft games, cut him some slack.
he doesn't know that almost every game or piece of content FROM has made follows the same basic formula as king's field 2 or 3

I can just do Orbeck's whole questline and then turn his ashes in to Yuria once he dies in the archives, right? There's no time gate for this one?

All attacks consume notably less stamina
2H they received very little other change beyond the 2HR1 having less recovery. The 1st 2HR1 chains into the second one more quickly and so combos more consistently.
1H, the R1 got much, much faster. Like, a huge speedup. 1H is now the best way to use greathammers as you both attack faster and recover more quickly. Long reach, low-risk pokes that combo consistently for big damage.

All of your attacks move you forward more than they used to, so you'll cover a bit of ground you didn't before.

Running attacks (both 1H and 2H) got a massive boost to their speed and a huge reduction to their recovery. You can now effectively chase and punish backroll->estus. A whiffed running attack can go into an R1 almost immediately with very little gap and a successful running attack can go into an R1 rollcatch if you call-out their roll direction. The 1H running attack got more of a speed buff than the 2H but both are very good now.

>Armor of the company of knights who were sent to the Ringed City on an old king's orders.
>The knights sought the dark soul, but were so soundly crushed, they had little choice but to swear themselves to the Judicator Giant.
A-team really hates das 2

Hollow twinblades with rouge for destroying bosses.

Sharp Exile Curved Sword if your willing to go to 16 strengh for two-handing.

Reminder
Where can we find green titanites?
Lower blighttown, Sen's fortress, Anor Londo
Where do we find Siegward?
Lower blighttown, Sen's fortress, Anor Londo

And what does Siegward give you? Emit force. A miracle of the way of white and connected to divinity. Which is also why Siegward is always "quite in a pickle", looking for the last "pickle". Siegward is actually Allfather LLoyd, looking to complete his weapon of massive skelly destruction. But it goes even deeper. Sieglinde is looking for Siegward but what she doesn't tell us is that she's hunting him down. To punish him for his sins, mistreatment of hollows and the undead hunts. At the end she kills him, after having passed judgement. Of course, there is one primary candidate to hunt him. The enemy found ample in the place Sieglinde is first encountered drops blue titanite chunks. On first impression, it seems minor, but blue titanite reinforces weapons scaling with int. And it just so happens that there is a single talisman in the whole game that scales with int. Anyone care to say which?

>Yhorms cuck cutter

impressive that you made it so far desu

Looks like early dancer is gonna get replaced with early friede for me if you can access the second dlc straight after beating her. Then grab the fun weapons and reck the rest of the game with them.

>soul of cinder is a singular entity that absorbs and incorporates others into itself
>soul of dark is a formless something that possesses people and lives through them
its like pot

Huh, i really thought this was gonna be a boss room.

>soul of dark is a formless something that possesses people and lives through them
All souls are like that, user. That's what a soul does.

>A-team really hates das 2

They actually gave them lore so no.

>you can access the second dlc straight after beating her.
what
You don't need to clear until klin?

Yeah as long Yuria stays alive you can finish his quest, get his ashes from the Archives and collect the Morion Blade without having to kill him yourself.

oh well, nothing to see here, turn around and head back. just make sure not to follow the instructions and go towards the bigass gate

final boss webm where you fucks

>providing retroactive lore to a loreless but iconic aspect of a previous game
That's actually a good thing.
Also this begs the question of whether The Ringed City was the "land of the giants" that Vendrick invaded or not. Clearly it was, at one point, inhabited by stone giants lead by the adjudicators, but there's no more giants there now except the adjudicators themselves.

The ones in 2 are golems based on the legend of those knights. Really like this part.

Kiln is for people who don't own AoA. People who do own AoA get to use the new snake people bonfire.

Yeah i touched the door 2 seconds after that.

Also i feel like the perspective here is all wrong but i know nothing about art.

Here

Dunno what the point of that is, really, though. What's the benefit of using the AoA one?

>impressive that you made it so far desu
What did he meme by this?

STOP POPPING UP IN MY FEED

REEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING BANDAI NAMCO GIVING AWAY COPIES AGAIN A WEEK BEFORE RELEASE REEEEEEEEEEE

I can see why they did this, but it makes no sense to be warped from the Painted World to the Dreg Heap.

It's supposed to show you everything you'll be doing soon. Except for all the underground parts that make up 50% of the content.

>what's the benefit of going to the final DLC after two main story bosses instead of ten

earlier access and maybe some extra story. gael is a major character in trc and he has some special summoning in that bossfight
wait until we see the warping conditions first.

We need to go deeper into this pickle-Velka connection.

I did early-ish Friede the other day on a playthrough to prep for the dlc and I'll tell you it's a huge pain.
+6 weapons do just enough damage to matter, though the fight gets strung out a lot because of it. I had to rely a lot on backstabs because single R1s just weren't making a big enough dent in her phase 3 HP bar.

The biggest issues are the lack of HP and stamina at a low level. Stray hits and small fuckups hurt because your pool is so small, and it can be genuinely difficult to dodge all her shit and counterattack successfully when you only have like 15 end. Plus, having only a small stock of estus made it even more difficult.

It took me about 6 tries at level 40 with a +6 weapon so I can't even imagine what it would be like for someone rushing to Friede ASAP

Don't forget the Pickle-Pee. She's a crow, remember?

>tfw no Chariot Lance in DaS3
>tfw no strength-scaling lances at all

You can access AoA from Cathedral so getting to TRC through that is much faster than completing the entire game first.

I assume the actual connection will probably be something like "player has a vision and dreams of the end of the world" sort of thing. Clearly from the story setup, Gael has not timetraveled, and has actually spent the time from when you last see him in AoA, all the way to the end of time itself, searching for the ringed city.

>Clearly it was, at one point, inhabited by stone giants lead by the adjudicators, but there's no more giants there now except the adjudicators themselves.

Ok but why the adjudicators don't have an asshole face?

Greatlance is now optimal with heavy-infusion.

Reminder that DSP is the only Soulstuber worth watching.

Is it any good? I didn't want to waste the titanite upgrading it just for it to turn out mediocre even after the infusion changes.

>32 hours untill DLC

>tfw fromsoft will never have a sidesword in dark souls games with an accurate weapon model and moveset

>pickle-Velka
>tfw you spent 6 years investigating velka only to find out she was some retarded invisible crow

Assface was either mutilation by Vendrick or self-mutilation.
The Giants we encounter in Drangleic are slaves that were taken back across the sea. The "Golems" in Drangleic Castle have hebrew runes on their faces and holes in their chests, while the older golems have holes around where their heads should be. The holes in the giants was either dug out to be a vessel for souls, to use them like golems, or was where their command runes were carved and dug out to free themselves when they rebelled.

Either way, there's no natural-born assholeface giant. The hole is a golem thing that's unique to the giants who were subjugated by Vendrick.

Are you being like totally epic right now?

Miyazaki re-used the white glint fight idea for O&S and just changed the roles around.

>dark souls thread on /v/
>One guy posts something about the last boss of the dlc
>everybody believes him

NEW TORTANIC DUDES EPIC

>estoc still has cutting attacks
>zweihander weapon art isn't a stance that lets you hold it like a spear
>espada ropera didn't return and steal estoc's R2's
>curved swords and rapiers and still be two handed despite it always looking silly
>no bo-staff
>no matchlock rifles
>no real ending
>no hope

What about the giant king then

>going to /v/

user, it's the Dark Soul.

That's the boss.

Sorry.

The Pickle clearly refers to Velka's cock. Siegmeyer, despite slowly going hollow and losing his memories, still vividly recalls the impressive length and girth of that goddess' gonad, hence why, whenever he's at a loss for what to do, the image returns to his mind and he can't help but exclaim "quite a pickle, indeed"

Velka is a rogue goddess both because, just like Papa Gwyn, she couldn't stop dicking things, but unlike Papa Gwyn, she's a goddess, and godesses aren't supposed to dick things. She crossed a line when she feminized and dicked Gwyndolin into submission and made him into a sissy intslut. Gwyn had probably been grooming his last son to be a worthy heir to the exiled Nameless King, so when he discovered his prized heir couldn't produce an ounce of lightning and was channeling faith for dainty blue magic instead, he was probably outraged and sent his son's futa mistress packing. She'd have hung for it, I'm sure, if she wasn't already so well hung. Instead she wanders the world as a rogue and spreads her unique brand of sin to all the bad little girls and boys that need punished

Sharp Exile Greatsword only gets a C at +10 now; it's better to go for the Astora for a hard-hitting Dex weapon.

Fucking ice crabs?
Why would you paint those in your goddamn world? Who would do this?

That fight looked good, but it was funny how fast it was ruined with the retarded Loyce Knight AI.

Giant Lord is the same deal.
The fight in the FotFG wasn't the Giants invading, it was them fleeing. They rose up and made their way towards the coast in hopes of escaping Drangleic, and were finally cornered in the coastal fortress. Giant Lord has chains around his arms and ankles because he was taken as a slave, too.

Dear user, could you give us some fresh lore about Gwynevere?

hollow twinblades meaning the grave warden ones?

I'll take it

Post some fun twink builds please. I want to replay this game.

>velka will never absolve you of your sins with her gigantic pickle
Why live?

Is mugenmonkey updated with the last patch?

No

He only has chains around his waist, in the Memory battle, though.

It takes skill to use
It's fairly average now
Does a lot of damage on leo counters
It takes a LOT of poise for the 2h hyper armor
I generally win with it in the arena but greatswords will probably fuck you

On a side note Demon's Scar is rather underwhelming even with its r1-black flame combo
Webm related, 50/50 with both damage boost rings

>hard hitting
>gets around 550 AR at 60 dex, sharp infused
[doubt]

What did he say ? I bet it was something really stupid

Yes, it was updated quickly, proof is the exile greatsword and mace changes

>626 damage from a light CS R1
>underwhelming
Nigga

What does it mean in DaS3 when you kill an enemy and sometimes you get an orange glow?

darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_Lord_Soul

Sorry to break it to you user, but thats now how it went down. They invaded because they wanted whatever Vendrick stole, back. It litterrally says.

And he doesnt have chains, thats only after you defeat him and he becomes the last giant, because he is captured afterwards.

I wish it was so, since it would explain why giants in Das2 looks so fucked up

You randomly restock an estus charge sometimes when you kill enough enemies

you got an estus charge refilled

>tfw you love the patch but the heavy/sharp infusion change is completely retarded.
How did they manage to fuck things up so badly? The nerfs are also undeserved, they always have to nerf things into the ground. At this rate the game will never be balanced. I wanted to make a 25/25 refined character but now I'm better off just using a heavy longswod at 40/10.

You can get that with PKCS attacks too.

Who's right

user...
darksouls2.wikidot.com/giant-lord-soul