/ndg/ - Nier/Drakengard General #34

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

*BLOCKS YOUR PATH* EDITION

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

grimoire-cendre.fr/divers/textes_bdd.php?id=01
youtube.com/watch?v=Mt-G7r4AcdQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for welcome to Taro's wild ride

2B and 9S should get married!

>desert level
>suicide bombers start screaming

What did Taro mean by this

fourth for I want to fuck hanch

>Taro's wilde ride

Here is 2B's wild ride

One affirmation will suffice.

He killed mai waifu in the first 20 minutes of C and is making her husbando suffer.
why taro why?

Whoever spoiled 9S killing A2 yesterday for me, congrats on your victory. You win. I will find myself unable to enjoy playing this game again. I played the game up to controlling A2 and went back to do B route properly, but it doesn't matter now. I can't control A2 without constantly being reminded I'm on a death march.

For me this game ends when 2B dies and I will potentially never know the plot beyond that. I am in a position of being forced to shelve the game for at least 4 years and that is if I'm able to forget about it for long enough to make a meaningful difference. Back in 2012 I read that Tali kills herself and to this day have not forgotten despite a desire to, so my chances aren't good.

I put a lot of effort into dispelling my dislike of 9S enough to be able to enjoy C/D/E routes, and now that I have it doesn't even matter. GG

I'm afraid that is no longer possible. Time to find other things to play.

Serious Sam homage obviously, totally not some religion reference.

>tfw 9S lost a gf and a mom.

>be me
>want to eat babies
>murdered by giant babies who eat me
Coincidence???????

does it matter which android each pod follows in C? I had 042 follow A2 and 158 follow 9S

Just fucking play the game till E ending you autist.

Haiiiiiiiiiiiii.

What do inactive play and inactive sound do?

Also what control scheme are you guys using? A/B/C? I'm still using A, thinking switching to B since I think I'm wearing my finger out a lot faster by having to depress R2 repeatedly to evade while basically holding R1 constantly for gattling during fights.

I haven't hit even ending A yet (work/school keeping me busy), but am I supposed to just self destruct willy nilly? Like I have no health restore items and feel like I'll definitely die to a boss, should I just destruct? Or should I be waiting for the game to prompt/nudge me towards it post ending A?

This is copy pasta? No?

>this post
>this much autism

I didn't realize you could ride animals until my third playthrough.

Don't be a punk bitch. You shouldn't be in these threads if you haven't finished the game. So get outta here and finish it

Taro's games are not about plot twists, you idiot.

New pasta?

Went to fight Emil in his cave after stealing the fucking head, I was level 65 and he fucking raped me.

Is really necessary to be level 99 to fight that motherfucker and have OP chips?

PISSETH OFF

Can I put Adam's glasses on Toobie?
Please?...

Shit nigga take of the glasses.
He looks like hes about to say ITS NOT MY JOB TO EDUCATE YOU

it means gameplay or sound is not paused when Nier: Automata is not the active window.

you're a fucking retard and that doesen't even necessairly happen

No

It's fairly easy on lvl 80.

Inactive play keeps the game running when you alt-tab. Probably more useful to people with more than 1 monitor, it's what I'm doing right now to cross-reference enemies list while still running around with controller. Same goes for sound.

Custom.

If you want to die faster, sure. But on 2B it's mostly fan service trigger.

Yes

>>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

just spam dodge lmao

You can put it on every playable character.
What I'm interested in is if we can texture change one of the characters as Commander and put glasses on her.

Taros "twists" are ALWAYS the same you mong.

Are there backstoriew for augustus and koshi/roshi?

Not him, but I assume it's in the Mega? I sorta want to check.

Okay.

>it means gameplay or sound is not paused when Nier: Automata is not the active window.
>Inactive play keeps the game running when you alt-tab. Probably more useful to people with more than 1 monitor, it's what I'm doing right now to cross-reference enemies list while still running around with controller. Same goes for sound.

Oh that makes sense.

>If you want to die faster, sure. But on 2B it's mostly fan service trigger.
I figured as much, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything by not using it yet.

>9S says he's going to kill A2
>9S kills A2
>this is a twist in retard land

it's not, it's on grimoire cendre
grimoire-cendre.fr/divers/textes_bdd.php?id=01
Under dod3 story side.

Custom
LT is shoot LB is pod prog
RT dodge RB weapon switch
B to use

Choose your Intoner.

Explain why you prefer her over the others.

I'll explain why anyone who chooses a sister other than Zero is wrong.

I've seen a lot of people saying A2 is built with Kaine's memories, but I've beat the game and see no implication of this. what have i missed?

I believe it's implied in the stageplay

A. Stageplay
B. HER FUCKING PERSONALITY DATA. NOT her memories. Big difference.

I read the stageplay. It says she has fond memories of growing up with her grandmother. There's nothing at all specific to Kaine, they could easily be the memories of anyone who had a grandmother.

Thanks, my dude

How do you play A2? I noticed she has a red flash during her dodge, does that do anything?

Hence "Implied"

i just started nier automata and i keep getting my shit pushed in by the big robot spinning blade thing

fuck

one of his moves just sweeps across the ground and one shots me

Why does this guy have a weird accent.

>glasses
A man of taste.

Kek.

why are there no good automata landscape wallpapers, without characters

Dodge into it you nigger, the sooner you get used to it, the better.

V because I love blondies with big tits
Or IV because I'd rape her badly
III is crazy
II needs more love but I can give her that
I is incest
Zero would use a strap on and I'm not gay

not to mention i have to keep doing the fucking air battle phase over and over when i die

is there no way to save yet?

Play the prologue on Normal, then switch to hard after the prologue once the game starts letting you save.

Man, completing the Unit Data is almost enough to sour me on this game after all this. It's such fucking garbage.

you mean dash?

>this is why nier is an 80 and not in the 90s

For story reasons. Its a yoko taro game, not a platinum game.

You're actively not meant to play the prologue on Hard due to the lack of checkpoints and the lack of Plugin Chips you can use to offset the difficulty.

There are no difficulty-tied extras or achievements so play the prologue on normal, then switch to hard, then GET THE FUCK OFF this general till you beat the game

We're discussing late and end-game plot revelations rn with no spoiler tags

Enjoy the game m8 but don't come back till you're done

Don't, just get to 95% to finish the quests
You need only 80% in each archive to get the achievement so completing the game 100% is kinda autistic.

Yeah, thank goodness the fishing part was left out.

>Constantinople won't be orthodox within your lifetime.
>anzu won't be raped on the streets by a crowd of young greek and slav soldiers

Why even live.

i wouldn't give automata a 90 either.

turkroaches are fucking stupid

I got to 95% for the sidequest, but that's it. I'm not going to get any enjoyment out of completing it. Same with fishing.
>have like two machine Coelcanths
>two machine Arapaimas
>haha you're never getting the flesh ones faggot :^)

user, please leave the thread and come back when you're finished. Spoilers abound and all that. Just play the prologue on Normal.

fucking boys is haram my friend

Well now that I am pretty familiar with the game mechanics its time for very hard. Probably going to be pretty frustrating at parts but at least my skill slots will all be red.

>Anzu
>a boy
My dick says otherwise

>assuming a roach's gender

you can cheese loosing your plugins by just exiting the game if it bothers you that much

But it doesn't force the player to replay the same game multiple times, it allows you to play new campaigns to get the true ending. Either this guy didn't actually play the game or he just wants to withhold info to skew the review

How do I activate the super bunny in the amusement park people?

I need to level up quite a bit but I hit his ass while on 9S and nothing, he doesn't activate.

>just get to 95% to finish the quests
That's what I'm trying and it's infuriating and tedious enough already.

Remote control a machine in the park and use it to hack the Bunny.
Or select A2/2B and beat the shit out of him

You have to hack into it while hacked into another machine

Hackception

No its very clear they didnt play the game, because each chapter introduces either a new playstyle or a new story entirely.

This'll give you a bit of help

>VI

How many robots can you subjugate at once?

It's mirrored

I used this video to get to 95%, hopefully you get some use out of it - youtube.com/watch?v=Mt-G7r4AcdQ

Hit it.

Three.

>That spoiler

Muh nigga
I left my waifu for Jap VA Zero

Naw, losing plugins doesn't bother me.. well maybe some high level diamond ones might. Pretty easy to re-purchase especially when I had nearly 700k worth of cores without farming on my hard play through.

Has anyone here expected that the gestalts have actually been stored inside the machines hence their emotions and sometimes humanity?

I thought that would be a part of the story but it wasn't

What the fuck does the Sound chip do?

I don't fucking get it, Emil shop is driving me insane. I had 2/3 states so far. One, where he drives around desert entrance selling chips, and the one where he drives around the map.
When attacked near the snake eater ladder building he sells materials, but how the fuck do I stop him to sell the weapons?

Displays an audio visualizer. That's it

I feel like recycling the Gestalt twist would have been pretty lazy
Machines just imitating mankind is a much more interesting take imo

One. She's the only one other than Zero with a plan to deal with the fact that the Intoners were going to ruin everything. Her only flaw was that she left behind Brother One as a huge loose end that fucks everything up for everyone.

I still think Zero is better, I just like to argue.

So basically a waste of 3 points?

Wouldn't make a lot of sense since the last gestalt died in 4000 or something.

Some autist came here saying that that wasn't the case and it was all fake or something and that what you were expecting was true.

He has to appear near the Resisance camp. You gotta have him stop like right at the entrance. It takes a while

What I found generally works is leaving the City Ruins map by foot and then teleporting back to the Resistance Camp to have him spawn near it.

Your dick says that it's indifferent about gender

Query: How does one start the lunar tears quest?