/ndg/ - Nier/Drakengard General #37

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

head like a fookin' orange edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XXqB-GIY-G4?t=506
youtube.com/watch?v=mOQwMLWEJrg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for every day being a sale

every sale being a win though? I'd say that's arguable.

I LOVE 2B9S and A2A4!

I want to be gangbanged by the S types until I black out.

Fourth for Nier did nothing wrong!

so: all yorha are backed up in their swords, current memories and all. This is why the pods were able to salvage 2B despite the logic virus, and how she's revealed to essentially be alive in ending E.

So when 2B died, shouldn't 9S have been less "waaaaagh I'm crazy now, 2B is deaaaad must kill A2 for reveeenge" and more "what a horrible inconvenience, must kill A2 to get 2B's sword and then i can bring 2B back to life!"

>And when you pick whichever choice you didn't pick the first time, you'll get E

wait, what?? so

C = fight as A2
D = Fight as 9S > Go
E = Fight as 9S > Stay

?????

>casually play nier automata
>"hey it has a thread on vg? Why?"
>"o-oh"

Not really
Just do the other ending
You'll see what he means

wew, it's like 9S acted irrationally because he got emotional or something

Ending E is when you have done both c and d. It's just about who you fight as.

I can't wait for scans of the full guide. Any chance for an eventual translation?

what the hell is this for?
a train room or something??

Was gonna ask for this. I wanted more of the flight unit

Yep. It's for fucking around.

1 > 4 > 0 > 5 > 2 > 3

>pic related
It's literally what it says - a debug menu.
You can fuck around with enemies and draw calls making transparent walls or w/e, but it disables a save fucntion.

Again, that makes absolutely no sense if she wasn't permanently dead, as there's be no reason for him to get emotional. At many points throughout the story he doesn't show much worry about the possibility of his death or 2Bs, because they won't actually die, they'll just have to jack back into a new body

the whole point of 2Bs death is that 9S believed that she was dead F O R E V E R, hence the grave, the mourning, etc. I just don't know why he thought this given he knows about the sword backups

>only 7 out of 10 of people who have launched the game have completed the first level
>only half of people have completed the alien ship
>only one third of people have seen ending A
>only half of people who saw ending A saw ending B
>only two thirds of the people who saw ending C or D saw ending E
REEEEEEEE don't these people want to suffer and feel despair

Train Emil is the original, isn't he?

An official translation is almost definitely never going to happen

fan translations almost definitely will happen, though

At least 9S is with 2B now.

>7/10 completed the first level.
What the hell? 30% of people spend sixty dollarydoos and didn't even have the determination to finish the first damn stage of the game?

Very top of the thread: "this thread has spoilers." It's for late/post-game discussion. Come back after you get ending E

9S has no stab wounds on E.
Pod 42 took 9S' body next to the 2B body he ripped the hands from while A2 gets inside the system.

At first I thought that the logic virus consuming 2B meant her memories and body were unrecoverable, rendering her permanently dead. That was the whole point, and why her death was a big moment even though she's "died" plenty of times throughout the game before that (every time the player died and continued on instead of loading a save): this time it was for good.

But then the Pods were able to back her up, and the implication is that they'll be able to restore her to working order. How is this possible? And what's stopping the pods from doing the same to every single YoRHa unit on the planet who was infected and killed, like Operator 210?

Which entry to the series has the best music and why is it DoD1?

It's actually very common on Steam that the first story-related achievement of a game has like 65% completion. And I'm pretty sure you only become part of those statistics once you launch the game the first time.

surely someone must have the OST by now

She migrated/backed up herself onto her sword, that's why she was recoverable even after her black box went offline. The good question is why other yorha units never did this before.

Just out of curiosity, why do you say that? I don't know if there's any reason to assume that the emil in Automata is the original; there's really no way to be sure.

At least she and A2 knew this, so why did they both act as if she was going to be permanently dead? Just because they had no way of actually re-activating her/jacking the uncorrupted memories back into her body?

But they did; they had the pods, who are the ones who did it in the end anyway

I don't remember anything that implies this

11B actually did it during the game. But even after her sword is recovered, she's just treated as dead and gone forever. Maybe those Pods hacked reality to preserve them. Which actually makes the most sense given how fucking meta the whole "route E" is.

are this standard colors or did Platimun manged to sneak in their Signature Trophies??

What's the song that played during the lower factory bossfight called?

It sounds like a cross between Possessed by Disease and Birth of a Wish.

My take was that, however little sense this makes, the pods becoming sentient made them more powerful, somehow gave them the ability to backup and restore A2/9S/2B where they wouldn't have been able to before reaching self-consciousness.

This is why the characters acted as if the deaths at that point in the game were permanent, because they thought that without the bunker, they were; they never could've known that the pods would evolve/develop sentience

You should have paid attention when 2b smashed her sword into the ground in front of a2 and said how she offers the sword that contains everything she is in exchange for the death of her corrupted body.

she said she's entrusting the future to her not her memory embedded sword

that's the explanation that closes those plot holes most nicely, I just wish it had been implied a little more in the game. Maybe if the credits scene had been more directly implied to be the pods new consciousnesses somehow removing the logic virus/backing up our heroes despite it being impossible, or as another poster here said "hacking reality"

I cried really hard when this happened.

Well, give it time, not everybody can 100% the game in 5 days playing 13 hours a day like I did

It is a bit annoying seeing people on my friend list that bought it on launch and have only played like a couple of hours and already moved on to something else. I'm always amazed at the staggering inability some people have at playing one game at a time until finishing it, instead of playing 15 different games at the same time and never finishing any. I don't know if it's ADHD or just fucking stupidity.

I think DoD1 is the least pleasant one to listen, but I appreciate a lot how deranged and experimental it was.

I think the order for me would be

Nier > Automata > DoD3 > DoD1

Coincide or not, it's how I rate the games overall too.

I like this explanation. It would make sense that Bunker didn't want the other YoRHa units to know this was possible without them, since they were meant to die eventually, but the self-aware Pods would.

yes, but both A2 and 2B acted as if her death would be permanent. Also as someone else said, 11B did the same thing, but even after her sword is recovered she is mourned and treated as dead. So maybe you can back yourself up to a sword in an abstract sense, but not in the "and we just have to get this sword to the bunker/a pod and you'll come back to life!" sense

Did she now?
youtu.be/XXqB-GIY-G4?t=506

So what exactly did A2 do at the ending?

I did Route C and mentions something about DAT ERASE, WHAT DO I DO!!! yes or not!!!

im not ready to erase my save files

makes sense especially with their final exchange at the end

>pod: something something backup
>2B: there's no point in backing up, bunker's gone

Shit, my second quote was meant for

then choose that option when it comes.

Because they didn't have a rockin japanese folded katana

but what option is it, Yes erase and No to save my save files?

>It would make sense that Bunker didn't want the other YoRHa units to know this was possible without them, since they were meant to die eventually, but the self-aware Pods would.

Well yeah, that's another possible explanation. Either A. The pods gained the ability to save/revive 9S, A2, and 2B when they gained self consciousness or B. They always had the ability to, but before they gained sentience, they never would have without direct orders from the bunker. After gaining sentience they wanted to do it on their own, so they did.

I stand corrected

>These are my memories
>Presenting the sword
>I stand corrected.

If you're taking about ending C, I don't know what she did specifically, but the upshot is that she cured 9S of the logic virus in a manner that caused her own body to shut down

when it asks you to delete your save it'll make that VERY CLEAR. don't worry. at this point just say yes

Actually now that I think on it, at the start of "route" E, the pods are starting the deletion of YoRHa program data. From where? By that point of time, bunker had exploded, the machine collective was crumbling (ending C) and all the YoRHa units were offline. E is a continuation of C. You can test this out by completing E, not sacrificing your data and then picking End of YoRHa from chapter select again. Also 9S is missing an arm in both C and E, but not D and he doesn't have stab wounds in C and E, but has some in D.

But the only reasonable answer to the previous question I can come up with is they started to delete the data from their own databanks. Which means they, thanks to their emerging consciousness, were able to reconstruct the memories and personalities of the androids they were familiar with (2B, 9S and A2) but it still took some extraordinary hacking to get it done (which ending E represents).

But again, we have this:
I'm not saying she didn't back herself up to the sword in some manner, but I don't think doing that normally would allow you to come back to life the way backing up to an uncorrupted black box does. Or she would've been less "take care of nines, complete my mission, etc etc" and more "okay A2 now find a pod and/or an unused yorha body and use this sword to bring me back to life! thanks" and also after finding 11B's sword, she would've been able to just come back to life instead of the sword being a momento

w-what did I do

"I stand corrected" means "I admit I was wrong" right

Don't mind, me ESL-kun fucked up hard. I mixed it with some other saying. Sorry.

You're right, if sword backups were as reliable/usable as black box backups, then like you said, after that sidequest to get 11Bs sword the questgiver wouldn't have said "keep the sword, keep her memories by your side blah blah" and she would've instead said "sick! Now I can bring this sword to the bunker and bring my friend back to life!!!" So I have to imagine that as others are saying it was only possible to save 2B because of the pods gaining sentience

Steam is worse, but it's pretty common for all platforms that people don't play or finish their games, really.

This combined with the visual novel section of him slipping away was the bittersweet ending I didn't know I wanted.

It hurts.

>this silence is mine

what the fuck is this fag saying

So is ending E only compatible with ending D? Or is it ending C? Or can they both lead to ending E?

How does Ending E (happy ending, pods backed everyone up with crazy credits hacking so they're all still alive yaayy) work if 9S goes up into the ark?

Is going with the ark secretly the saddest ending as if he'd just stayed behind the pods would have saved him like 30 minutes later and he could've been with 2B again?

you gotta consider how many people get gifted it then dont want to play it or just start the game then find out they can't run it on their laptop.

a few people will probably open it see that the first stage is a shmup and think they made a mistake.

>Thanks to the Pods we got the happiest endings in the entire franchise

And even then, it's still suicide-inducing, but I guess Yoko Taro didn't lie when he talked about making a happy ending.

2B fair, some people seem to have many problems with crashes and poor performance, so that's probably why so many people haven't even beat the tutorial.

Hey to be fair, if they hate shmuppin' they have made a mistake.

I've never played a shmup game and it's really not one of my favorite genres, but I don't mind it and I thoroughly enjoyed the hacking and sky combat sequences throughout automata.

But if I actively hated/disliked shmups I would've been pretty upset

Right. Also some achievements aren't recorded if you disconnect from the internet. I lost internet during a storm and had to redo the Justice achievement.

It's worth noting I suppose if you played the game on steam the moment it launched achievements weren't active for a little while. I only just got the beginning achievements up to We Await Your Next Visit now on my post-E playthrough.

And even then, it's still suicide-inducing, but I guess Yoko Taro didn't lie when he talked about making a happy ending.

Is it suicide inducing? Yeah, a lot of elements of the game's late story are super depressing, the truth about humanity, etc. But are there any depressing elements of ending E in particular? I mean the pods are able to essentially save the current memories of all 3 characters, and the implication is that they will (fucking somehow) be able to revive them on earth. So they're all alive.

What I want to know is, if they could save and revive 2B despite her being corrupted by the logic virus and then killed, what's stopping them from saving every YoRHa unit who died on earth? Why can't they save 210 too

>tfw cannot be emotionally invested in a meta level playing video games

how do you guys do it

Indeed. One interesting one really stood out for me though.

>What I want to know is, if they could save and revive 2B despite her being corrupted by the logic virus and then killed, what's stopping them from saving every YoRHa unit who died on earth? Why can't they save 210 too
Because they only have extensive data of the three protags in their own storage banks.

Did you finish the game? Did you pay attention to the story?

not having autism helps

sure did, sympathised with the characters and all but the meta stuff did nothing to me

>Would you like to help the others?
>No way fag

Most serious gamers have a backlog that's longer than their projected lifespan.

woah woah wait a minute

Did they have stored backup data, or did they use their memories of travelling with the protagonists to recreate their memories? Because if it's the latter then 9B, 2S, and A2 really are all fucking dead, and the pods just have the ability to clone them, not bring them back to life as the ending implies

It's the same as reading a book or watching a movie. If you don't allow yourself some immersion or some suspension of disbelief then you're keeping yourself out of an experience

I think meta is the wrong word. It's just in your face and direct. Someone else in the world helped you to get ending E by giving up their save. Would you like to do the same? It's that simple. You didn't because you have quests to finish or whatever, or because you think for some reason replaying the game on that same save when every enemy dies in one hit will be fun, which is fine

>A friend just got the "Farewell, Pascal" achievement
>He stops playing a minute later

I can sense the misery from here.

>so: all yorha are backed up in their swords, current memories and all

I REALLY doubt this is true at all. Every single character in that scene acts like 2B's death will be permanent (not just 9S, A2 and 2B act like it too), and ending E is very clearly presented as miraculous instead of something that the pods could always have done. There's something here that people are missing.

I thought it's pretty heavily implied that the Pods during the course of time perform maintenance and hack into the protags. They could easily grab most if not all of their personal data at the same time.
During route C we see the Pods discussing how they should direct and observe 9S and A2. They literally wake them up after they've been knocked out for an extensive period of time. Also when 042 tells 153 9S needs to chill the fuck out and 153 needs to do something about it, 9S immediately starts malfunctioning and loses his combat capability.

2B dies every time you use a transporter.

Regarding some ponderings about why only after getting their own will do the Pods decide to save A2, 2B and 9S' memories. As you recall, the Pods job was also to monitor the YoRHa project and bring it to its completion. For the project to end all YoRHa models androids had to perish and their data was also supposed to be deleted. After gaining a level of sentience the Pods decided to not follow their programmed directives and save the three androids they grew fond of.

Funny how the two Pods ended up being the best characters of this game.

Check on your friend to make sure he doesn't become as a God.

Can someone answer me these questions about Nier please..

Why is there an E series fighting with you at the beginning? Are these not supposed to be "secret" and hide their true nature?

Why is Emil fighting with you in this trailer at around 1:36? You can see him fighting with you for a second. Am i missing something?

youtube.com/watch?v=mOQwMLWEJrg

That's because Bunker is gone by that time, so no backup is possible as far as they're aware of. However, when the Pods gain self-consciousness, they proof otherwise. I think it's still undetermined where did the Pods take the information from, the weapons, or themselves.

how is meta not the right word? the game directly addresses the player and expects response based on your current state of emotion.

this is what I meant, I just thought "no way" and I still have my 100% save file right now. I have absolutely no desire to delete it.

then I went to /v/ and everyone's crying and stuff.

Every time you die in combat, or use a transporters, even assuming the programs which give rise to their consciousness are stored, unless they are in use they're dead, and when they shut off they die again.

forgot the picture

2B knows who other E-types are. And not all of their missions are secret. You don't need to go undercover to assassinate deserters like A2.

Those are some pretty high spoilers video.

Friendly reminder that there's no proof that 2B, or any of the android buddies for that matter, were brought back to life in ending e.

Friendly reminder that for all we know the pods were just building a bird's nest out of their former master's dead bodies because Taro is just that much of a sick fuck.

no idea

that's not Emil, just a small biped jumping back while slow is in effect so it looks like original!Emil floating

so when did Adam say "PERHAPS WE'RE NOT SO DIFFERENT AFTER ALL"

that's the intro cutscene man

Even outside of gameplay 2b and 9s die at least twice during the game when they nuke their boxes to be replaced by clones.