Volkswagen UltraPassat

A.k.a. Phaeton W12. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yto6qLn2yVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would a car company put VW badges on a Bentley?

No opinions?

The best thing VW has made.

I don't know why in hell VW didn't put the Audi badge on it.

Don't buy it unless you can afford to repair it.

Do want.

They did. It was the A8.

Its a good car but it was made because one VW executive was a complete autistic fuck.

Indeed but muh economy on that W12 is a shot to the head

>VOLKswagen
>literally "car for the people"
>but the average people can't actually afford it
>driven by bosses who want to look like "normal people"

They made an interesting comment with that one

if fuel economy is a thought of yours, then this car is not for you.

Pretty sturdy cars.
Depreciated so hard that just about any peasant can afford the 3.0 tdi version.
The worst issue with the W12 will be the timing job which could get rather expensive.
But other than that, there are no real problems. Expect electric gremlins on the earlier years, they do tend to be a nightmare.

here in germany everyone drives a volkswagen though so here they are literally people's car

guessing in your poor euroshit/ameritrash countries you can't afford german engineering though so these basic cars are only for rich people

I love mine.

He has a point tho, tons of construction company owners drive VW Touaregs instead of BMW X5s or Mercedes M classes because they don't have the "asshole rich guy" stigma attached to the badge, despite being right around the same price.

I think he was talking about the Phaeton in particular. Those were definitely NOT in average person's reach when new.
Of course now you can have them for cheap but the maintenance will still kill your wallet.

A base model golf in America is an audi S1 compared to the base model golf in Germany.

Guy at my work has a W12 one and everyone thinks it is a Passat. Probably the ultimate sleeper / best car for flying under the radar

>maintenance will still kill your wallet.
Depends which engine you get, the V10 TDI is a nightmare but the 3.0 TDI is pretty solid. Petrol ones are usually fine too, they really aren't that bad.

Most people here drive either a Golf or a Passsat or rebatged versions of them.

>Those were definitely NOT in average person's reach when new.

They weren't that expensive ~£80k

These things are a pretty good value on the 2nd hand market because they are so underated and looked over

ITT opinions from people who have never been in or owned one

The A8 was the aluminum version, the Phaeton and Continental are steel.

Wrong.

Why V10 a bad? Standard dumb American anti diesel attitude?

It's overcomplicated by european standards
By murrican attitude it's rocket science

Not at all, there is a lot to go wrong and almost everything major is an engine out job so you really have to know what you are getting in to. Even an alternator replacement is an engine out job. Then you have shit like 2 fuel pumps which can leak and fail, and you guessed it - engine out job to fix.

Think of it as an ultra luxury car that commie retards won't key in the parking lot.

Ultimate stealth wealth car.

Yeah that's not really in the average person's reach. You could get a 7 Series BMW or Audi A8 for that.

>what is leasing
>muh monthly payments
You could get them for £350 a month on a 10k a year lease at one point, albeit not the W12 version

Then lets get an opinion from someone who did

youtube.com/watch?v=Yto6qLn2yVA

>VW
>quality

Where are you from? VW is not a particularly expensive brand.