/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Forgot to turn off noclip:
>Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

first for autism :^)

Turn back, unknowing visitor
by the King's decREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PCFCBF

Was he autistic?

>also, I'm pretty sure that the cripple hollow before the first ringed city bonfire, who has the same model as the pygmy kings, is the original furtive pygmy. He is the type to be easily missed and forgotten, after all
>He's not even listed as an NPC anywhere

Where?

god fucking damnit how do I stop my sorcery from auto locking reds? I keep shooting friendlies in the back.

When you host

what's the point of asking for absolution at the Purging Monument?
Sin isn't even a part of Dark Souls 3

>There are people in this thread that haven't faced the 5th boss

I didn't think /dsg/ was this incompetent

Is the aquamarine dagger a good replacement for the csr on a 60 int/18 dex build? Is it as good asits DaS2 counterpart?

I can't get Midir out of my mind, he's so perfect.

It's there as a quest waypoint, that's pretty much it.

I think it removes aggro if you've pissed off someone. The velka statue does the same thing.

>Paired Greatshields for any non boss enemy

This shit should be illegal.

They're also pretty good for bosses too I guess.

Oh. So that means even if they had made it in it probably would have toxic because they got rid of the silver part.

Favourite DLC boss to co-op?

Gael is pretty fun if hard as fuck.

Spears is fun too, but I feel bad for ganking spear invaders.

ps4 here
anyone up for champ tender & wolf?

fight club please

>slams around like a fucking child when he gets his nose booped
What do you think?

I need to read his dialogue again, anyone has it ?

gael is honestly piss easy, the only thing he has going for him is that his cape punishes people with poor dodge timing, otherwise his combo is 100% predictable

as a dedicated spearfag, spearfags deserve to be ganked. most are complete faggots. then again when i see more than one person in the boss room I swap out my ghru spear for a real weapon.

demon princes is my favourite coop boss because his second phase has a ton of flashy cool moves.

princes is awful bc every host is stuck at their casul filter, so they summon 4 phantoms and the boss takes years. I actually like the challenge and dragging on of it, but not when im trying to farm embers

Managed to find a video with his dialogue.
"Hark ! They brought thee here, did they not ?"
"Dost thou the gods serve? Or merely that role affect?"
If you answer "I serve the gods":
"Laughs, A lie, a wretched lie! How wouldst one such as thee do service to the gods?"
"They scheme is known to me, I know what it is thou desirest"
"...The dark soul, no?"
"Why else wouldst one deign to visit this dung heap?"
"Give rest to they falsity, I would be an ally to thee."
"If it is the dark soul thou desirest..."
"Then seek Filianore's church, at the base of the cliff"
"There, wilt thou the sleeping Princess waken"
"...Her slumber is a deceit..."
"A lid covering an overgrown privy: a prop to keep thee from the dark soul of thine desire"
"Now, yarely to Filianore's church at the base of the cliff, to rouse the sleeping Princess"
"If thou yet the dark soul desirest..."

I have no idea if he has more dialogue at any point or if he vanishes immediately.

Yoooo Had anyone else used a plunging attack on the ring city heralds?

Now this is how plunging attacks should have always been since ds1

This animation looks so fucking cool

>dlc2 loincloth

Do you think this is a HSWC reference? I can't think of another meaning for this. I wish it was barefooted though.

Eh i can just let me find the next bonfire

He has those lines if you say you're merely pretending to serve the gods:
"Yes, yes, of course. How wouldst one such as thee do service to the gods?
I have intimate knowledge of thy kind. I know thy want."

And those bits:
"If thou'rt yet human, the urge will soon begin to swell.
To curse the gods, and bring ruin upon this accursed heap of dung.
Now, yarely to Filianore's church at the base of the cliff, to rouse the sleeping Princess.
If thou yet the dark soul desirest."

Noob question, how do I map jump+attack for my controller on the PC version?

whenever I tilt forward and tap my attack button all it does is make me kick.

...you do the same thing, except with strong attack instead of light attack...

Hmm, I don't remember it being that way.

My bad.

Did they make Flynn's Ring not a fucking turd yet?

I know it was an OP Meme Ring in 2, but fuck me it was literally useless back at launch.

You're at least a month late to the party.

Who the hell keeps making two threads at once?

/v/

>Going through the DLC again
>both times I've faced a retard in the spear fight

Also what happens if you kill judicator argo before he summons? On my first playthrough I didn't attack him and he kinda keeled over when he summoned the guy in, when I tried to kill him this time he just got the summon in- if you kill him fast enough i'm assuming it doesn't matter right? you'll still have to face a spear

Why do a lot of you fags hate continuity so much? One of the main criticisms of Dark Souls 3 is
>MEMBER X?? REEEE
What kind of retards seriously hate continuity like this? Dark Souls 2 was almost completely independent of Dark Souls 1 lore and nobody gives a flying fuck about Lothric or the literally who lore of that shit because it was shit.

Killing him quickly doesn't do anything as far as I can tell. Other than a small line of dialogue where he urges the spears to come faster.

Just send a line when you're there.

So how does the new covenant work? Will it break if I go and do the fight myself?

What level should I go for?

I'm 120 right now, don't really feel like I need to go much higher, but I suppose I could use more stamina or whatever.

>Lothric
Drangleic* i mean

120 is pvp meta, though some purists will tell you it's 99. If you don't care about pvp go as high as you like.

>fighting spear invader
>retard throws out a thousand random parries with his caestus
>I successfully parry one of his running attacks first try
>kill him, spam L2
Is there anything better?

it's not continuity because it doesn't explain anything

What do you mean it doesn't explain anything? Anything related to DaS1 usually has some plot relevance.

I'm level 150, how fun would a pure faith or magic build be? I really just wanna one shot people in arena or invasions.

>one shot people
>fun
i fell for this meme, too. it's going to get stale very quickly.

Man, but pure melee is getting boring too.

at that soul level go 45 45 int faith and just use whatever sorcery and miracles you want with crystal chime. Alternatively if you are going for 60 int or faith get your dex to 39 so you don't have to wear sage ring. Really though there is only a handful of sorceries that are useful in duels. It is fun in invasions though. Friedes scythe and MLGS if you are a scrub.

>Destroying RKPGS shitters with the Greatshield Pair

why 39?

I thought 50 was the cap for cast speed

I'm mainly talking about brawls when I mean arena

it is but 39 was a nice cut off for sharp infuse prepatch i am not sure what the new cap is. Go 50 then work it.

for brawls definitively go 45 int 45 faith I think and use Onyx blade 1 handed with crystal soul spears or chaos bed vestiges. destroys with the reach.

Midir is my favorite SOLO boss and quickly becoming my favorite coop one.

There is just one attack that still gets me, the charged shin godzilla lasers that he does around his body

Anyone on ps4 wanna co op midir?
I'm sl 140 ng+

So uh, any word on that defense nerf for the DLC bosses? Not that I uh, mind doing a third of the damage I normally do and dying in one-to-two hits from nearly every attack they do or anything.

I have been stuck on NG+7 gael for nearly 11 hours now and have gotten killed at phase three every time after a solid 20 minutes of chipping him down very very slowly

anyone wanna bro-op? drop signs by snowy mountain pass (AoA ofcousre) pass dsg, on pc

Is there any fight more stupid and infuriating than Gravetender.

If you stick close to him he'll never do his laser attacks - it kept 1-shotting me when I was fighting him, so it's easier to just never let him do it in the first place.

I'm a bit cautious to co-op Midir, mostly because I'm assuming that hosts are going to die quick. Might give it a go after the Demon Princes though, they're turning out to be a lot more fun to co-op than I thought they would be.

>infuriating
lolwhat?

It's on par with Crystal Sage and Deacons as the easiest bosses in the game.

From the pastebin:
>Spear of the Church covenant: Beat Midir for real (in order to actually participate in the covenant, do this before touching Filianore's egg)

This is still wrong. I beat Midir after doing everything else there was to do, the covenant dropped, and I've currently farmed 31 spears and gotten both covenant rewards.

>NG+7
>bitching about hp and defense

what did these retarded ng+ people mean by this?

what are the rewards?

i never get fucking summoned

At the start you have the ritual spear fragment. At 10 spears you get a thingy which makes the spears you summon stronger. At 30 spears you get the godly spear fragment, which is even stronger.

The ringed city bosses are the only ones who are like this though. Even Nameless King takes reasonable damage from anything that isn't a dagger.

did you consider that they didnt want people to blow through what is essentially lvl 80-120 content, and you're way past the point of reasonably expecting any sort of an easy fight? nameless king can be fought before you even get to the dragonslayer armour, he's not a very tanky boss.

By this metric none of the bosses are tanky. I can't think of a boss that just doesn't care about being hit like the ones here do. And while I do realize they wanted to make them harder so people do breeze past them but god fucking damn .

dude

no boss in the base game is nearly as tanky as any of these fights

Don't you want the bosses in the hardest NG+ in the final dlc of the series to be a test of both skill and patience? Dark Souls has always been a timing simulator (with spacing elements), and that has been taken to its extreme with TRC.

If you're gonna play on NG7, you should be worthy of it.

Is it possible to legitimately acquire the Harald Legion headpiece?

>dude, the boss in the undead settlement is nowhere NEAR as tanky as the soul of cinder

There is no headpiece.

You have never played NG+7 right? Manus, Fume and Orphan have perfectly fair stats for that and can die fast if you made a good build without being an overleveled fuck.

>defending damage sponge boss design

>RKPGS
Abreviations were a mistake

are you retarded?

not even the very last two bosses in the base game are nearly as tanky Demon Prince, and that's just the first DLC boss

Let's shorten it to RPG, yeah?

What's up with this Angel circling the sky, howling and gurgling, at the very first Dreg Heap bonfire. I've cleared the whole DLC, but I don't remember this one being here and I don't remember seeing any other hosts.

Can anyone suggest a decent faith build for PvE or coop healing? A good friend of mine is going to try the game, and I want to be able to help him until he gets his grips. He's pretty bad at souls games, but I'm tired of playing games he likes so I sold him on the DLC.

its the old woman, she turns into that.

cooping midir with a team of 4 competent summons is fun as fuck.

too bad most hosts just charge and die

>tired of playing games he likes
>going to follow him around and heal him instead

Just suck his dick already, you know you want to.

>tfw will never fully understand what the fuck these things truly are

just get faith up to 60

maybe you should use the banner with him, which doesn't do much damage but has a 20% aoe damage buff that lasts for at least 3 minutes

failed dragons user

bump

Imperfect*

Symbols of avarice and greed. Fitting, then, that they serve humanity. Because First Sin and it all ties back to the Bible Massive amounts of pottery to be had.

>Demon Prince is harder than anything in the base game
lol

>Have little brother who doesn't game as much
>Single mother raised, had to raise my own brother and cook/clean/protect him while mom went whoring around
>he finally goes off to college
>build him PC for birthday, and play games with him over internet to keep in touch
>get tired of battlefield, counterstrike, and other shooters
Shoot me, I like variety. We're user, we're not supposed to have to provide personal details to have a coherent discussion. Stop being edgy.

Thanks. What's the banner? If it matters, I haven't played since release. Ran through 3 times for the three endings (spellsword, dex, and bleed/luck builds) then shelved it to go back to Demon's Souls for a bit.

it's a spear you can find in the first area of the new DLC

it's geared for coop

How is the framerate in both Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne on the original normal standard dirt-poor poverty Playstation 4?

I downloaded DaS3 on my PC but my GPU is very ancient and the shitty framerate totally kills the experience for me.

it's not shit and it's worth fucking around with

Daily Reminder that

>twin greatswords
>get loadsapoise ontop of their ridiculous dual weapon moveset WITH their huge range and damage

>drang hammers and the twinaxes have no hyper armour what so ever on any of their moves and can be stunned out of immediately by a lmaothrowing knife at any point

Stop caring about pvp in this game. None of it is balanced. From doesn't care.

30 but mostly stable.

No, user, you're the first. It's just a coincidence that everywhere you fight them there are things to plunge from.

He's just casual filter. Midir makes him look like little baby.

Unrelated but does anyone expect them to get rid of the Kiln warp point to Dreg Heap in the first flame edition? It feels like they dont need two warp points if they can be sure people bought both DLCs.

Give it to me straight, doc. How much cancer do I have?

>Yeah With the appropriate armor / rings / hp he two shots me (tears still up) but I do low damage. With glass cannon red tearstone + raw ASS + resin I am able to do around twice the damage in trade for one hit > tears > dead but I don't have the "kill Orbeck quest sword" to stack with it.
Forgot to mention