Noob? Git gud:
spicy webbums, now with sound!
Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FvGR1rf6zCQ?t=50s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for groms are little bike for babby

2nd for no more agruing edition

getting new tires mounted tomorrow. passed the MSF last week, now just to wait for my completion letter to come so i can get my license and get insurance.

C B F 6 0 0
B
F

>suzuki vanvan

I smelled curry just reading that name

I smell curry when I hear KTM

How retarded would it be to go from a semi-modern sportbike like an F4i to a dated bike like a 1991 CB750?

I'm a shit rider with no room left to improve. Sportbikes are wasted on me.

cbt in exactly 24hrs. what are your tips for not looking like a total retard. Obviously you are expected to be quite shit when you start but how do I avoid getting put in a "cbt FAIL!!!! watch this mong bail on an empty street!!!!" youtube video

Have you done any riding courses?

cbt?

If cbt is the same as msf then it should be easy as fuck, everyone who did the final testing in mine passes

>Passes
Passed*
Just dont drop it user

And a track day.

Some people just don't keep their coordination under pressure. Might as well save on insurance.

You rang?

Do any of you guys wear a hi-viz jacket or some form of visibility gear? The difference is night and day. Cars don't pull out on me if I wear one

how do i explain to my family what sem is and how y'all are not rapists?

My bike is gold.

Are you autistic?

pic?

No, cars stopped pulling out on me when I got a louder bike with more visible headlights.

Not sure how wearing a yellow jacket would help if they can't see my lights.

It's not fully gold like an Arab prince's lambo, but it's closer to gold than yellow.

Simple, you don't.

Bananabike

people see you in that jacket and think what a fag, but they see you

>how y'all are not rapists?
Uhhh

Louder bikes arent' as audible as you think

If the surroundings muffle sounds instead of echoing, cops won't even bat an eye at a straight piped sportbike until it's past them, but a river valley can make a stock muffler a little loud.

Nah I can hear my bike from 2 blocks away, it's pretty loud.

why are you two blocks away from your bike in heavy traffic?

>Bike is broken down on the other side of the city
>Have no way of transporting it during the week
>Have no money to get it moved
>Best case I get someone to move it on the weekend
>By then it would either be towed for sitting in a carpark too long or stolen.
Not having a good week

>bike
>breaking down

why didn't you buy a honda user

why

youtu.be/FvGR1rf6zCQ?t=50s

Depends on the engine, really. Behind the camera are 2 blind corners full of trees.

But it is. First time its happened to me in 2 years.

How far? I've pushed a 150kg bike for almost 4 hours to get it home once.

About 40km with a large uphill bit. Google tells me thats about 7 1/2 hours

Damn that's rough. Do you know why it broke down?

>honda
>breaking down

But why did you buy a V4?

Electrics are dead. Something has died between the battery and ignition. Just randomly stopped working in traffic.

We tried to just bypass it and got her cranking, but couldnt get power to ignition.

Wrong again. i4. Wanna try and guess the size right at least?

Did you check the fuses?

We tried. But there were none where they are supposed to be hidden. Just the fan switch. The thing is old and the wiring has probably been fucked with. Once I finally get it home I'm going to pull as much out as I can and go over it.

i suppose you checked all the fuses but if you have lights coming on check continuity at any switches that your bike needs to work to start it.. could have clutch switch, neutral switch, sidestand switch, kill switch
its worth a try if it's stuck in a bad place and you don't have insurance

Once I find the fuses I'll be able to check them.

Frankly I kinda hope it goes missing, I have insurance and its valued double what I paid, but I've grown attached to its shittiness somehow

>missing fuse box

When you buy a bike you should check everything, from the air filter to the fuse box. Don't make the mistake again. People sometimes go through 2-3 bikes starting out befores settling just because they don't inspect them properly and realize they're garbage a week later when they're poking around in the garage.

Yeah, I got this thing 2 years ago when I knew nothing about vehicles. I wouldnt buy it now if I knew how much was fucked on it, and definitely not for how much I paid.

But I dont think its missing, its in a funky spot anyway so its likely just been moved, I'd check but its a bit out of my reach right now

"Pop the hood" and "bring your dad/granddad" is common car buying knowledge even if you don't know anything

Popping the tank and the seat is the motorcycle version of popping the hood

Hey guys, check out what I bought.

05 636, the butthole took off the mirror JUST before I bought it but I finally have my bike.

Here it is at cape horn, wa.

is that the bike you're gonna ride?

rent a uhaul and grab your homeboys

>four carbs

you mean the bike he's gonna fix while he rides a different one

4 carbs is easy peasy. Rebuild them in a day and paid someone $50 to balance them the next. Been running fine for the last year now.

The rebuild is easy peasy. Per carb. But you do it four times, and then you have to reinstall them between two stiff rubber boots, reinstall and readjust all your cables (no feat for large hands), and then tune them after they've been balanced

I've literally done all that multiple times besides the balance and tune. Its just fiddly work

>Rebuild them in a day
Every day

Here's another.

Bike was obviously stunted before, but not too much damage.

Just hit them with a hammer. Fixes 90% of all problems.

Just saying, there's a reason your guy only charges you $50 for the balance and tune but you'd be hard pressed to get someone to do the rest for less than $100, especially with four carbs.

Classic bikes look nice. They look really nice. People who don't like classic cars like classic bikes. Every manufacturer that doesn't turn back time in their design department for the US market is fucking retarded, it's no wonder people buy sportsters sooner than yamaha FZ 666 edge editions. But, carbs are really shitty to work on. I'd rather buy an ultrasonic bath for fuel injectors than scrub gunk out of jets, have deliveries of ethanol-free gas on speed dial, or secure a lifetime supply of float bowl gaskets.

Are you telling me you remove the fucking tank when you want to inspect a prospective new bike? What the fuck?

99% of bikes it's two 10mm bolts and you tilt it up

No actually the float getting stuck is a somewhat common issue so a small hammer tap will fix it.

Or just drop the fucker on the floor and walk away, should work when you come back

If I don't know the person I'm buying the bike from, I'll have the person remove the tank. I don't know what kind of fuckery you're up too.

>not having an engine so unbalanced it knocks the float unstuck every time it cycles

I actually have a question about the float.

How doesnt it get completely shaken about when you go over bumps? And how does it handle levels in the bowl when you are leaning hard in a corner?

Are you telling me that you don't check over a prospective new bike with a serious attitude to avoid looking 'weird'?
Check the oil, check the coolant, check the pads, the discs, linkages, is there any play in the steering head, how does the brake fluid look, any smell coming from the rectifier etc.

Nigga you're going to be buying it, don't just assume it's all gee.

Also redline it for five minutes right in front of the seller to make sure the engine runs strong, and then drop the clutch in second gear to make sure it's not worn

i'm pretty sure those cause the carb to get too much fuel, never not enough, and excess just flies out the drain hose

Don't forget to pop a wheelie to check balance

This is why I make my bike look as ratty as possible for selling it, I dont get people who know shit like you looking over it. Instead I get new riders who know nothing and will take the listed price

Lol.. rectifier is like $20.
Jesus man who cares just buy the fucker. If it looks ratted talked them down.
You kids are autistic as fuck I swear.
You know the second you meet the owner whether or not it's a good buy at the listed price.

Good gloves? Gimme the best

manly hands are all you need

R/R is more like $120 because you bought a reasonably modern bike and not a kick start chopper with a car's charging system bolted on

Also I remember someone posted a picture of an air filter with a hole burned through it, so it's not a bad idea to look at those. Because engines without air filters don't have compression for very long.

gud gluv checklist

>kangaroo leather
>gaunlet style
>knuckle armor
>finger armor
>palm sliders
>wrist sliders
>wrist padding
>last two fingers sewn together

To check my bikes air filter you need to remove the windscreen, fairings and fuel tank. I'll lol out loud in your face if you ask me to inspect that.

Don't forget the main fuse. It's not with the others. It's right next to the positive connection on the battery.

>i don't want to do five minutes of babby tier wrenching for a $3000+ sale

why should he when he could just sell it to some else later who isn't autistic

Something about being a "good, honest person"

The least you can do is save receipts for maintemnance shit to remove any doubts that it still has the untouched filter from the dealership 20,000 miles later.

Removing/installing the fairings on my bike is hell. They click together so the little stubs will break at some point. I have the receipt for the latest air filter in my perfectly kept (autism level) documentation.

>tfw 4 days since the last time I rode my motorized double unicycle

Man this weekend I'm gonna ride the fuck out of her

>Something about being a "good, honest person"
HA

Nice, get something to shine up those headlights and enjoy

Is the XSR900 too much bike for a newer rider?
i have about a months experience on a ninja 650 before i had to sell it (for more than i bought it luckily) , i found it a bit too high desu and not comfy as a daily . Would the XSR be a good option
my second choice is a ducati scrambler , i know it has a bad rap here but i found it really comfy and i plan on using this as a daily city bike anyway

No, but make sure you only ride it in a modern full face helmet and motoGP styled leather safety gear, sit high on the bike instead of hunched over, and hang off for literally every corner.

not really as long as you have control over your wrist and a little bit of willpower

but you're probably going to drop it or crash it and fuck it up, you should buy a used bike for your first year or so.

a used, crashed bike from the early 90s so its $1000 resale value won't vanish, but its rubber everything won't be rotted out just yet so you can still ride it for exactly one year before having to hurry up and unload it on some sucker ASAP, or the carbs will start vomiting all over your garage floor if they aren't already completely plugged up.

CBT is the easiest thing in the world, you'll be fine. Do you have ANY driving experience at all? Would make it easier since you'd already be used to clutch/gears. You'd also have knowledge of road markings and experience of other road users. But they'll cover the basic road markings and signs before you hit the roads anyway.

get a sumo and pap dunk willies

All the yuropoors on cucked 250's and 500's will say yes but not really. Just don't be dumb with the throttle and you're fine. Every bike over 50cc will go fast enough to kill you, it just differs on how quickly it will get up to that speed.

Just a quick question, I was in a crash last week and the other driver was at fault. The handle bars are bent, and the shifter, tailights and foot pegs are broke. I know they'll pay for those but there are some minor scratching on the fairings too, do they fix that also? or just the components that make the bike run? Also, how does it work exactly, like do I get a check to fix it or do I take it to a shop and the insurance pays the shop directly? Because I think I can fix it myself and save some money.

>do they fix that also
yes
>do I take it to a shop and the insurance pays the shop directly?
yes

>scratched fairings

it's totaled

They'll fix everything that's wrong. It's your chance to get fresh fairings and whatever crap. Just, they may total your bike if there's too much damage.

Either option can happen, you get to choose. They'll either have you go to a shop and pay the bill, or you can ask for them to send someone to assess the damage and quote the repair, then insurance will send you a check for that amount and a paper to sign saying that everything is square.

thats what the ninja was desu, i shouldve listened when they said not to go over 300cc but hey i didnt get hurt and i still sold the bike for more than i bought it
i dont live in the states , the choices are more or less the same (more pricey tho) but the secondhand market is absolute garbage so i tend to avoid it
i live in a pretty dense city with bad roads and even worse traffic (asia tier), would the XSR do well here or would the scrambler be better?
ive saddled both and the scrambler was comfier but i have yet to ride them ,

the way i see it now the XSR is a bit much but the scrambler is a bit low

If they total it, can I keep it? I've heard they give you a little less and let you keep it some times.

I get checking fluid levels and wear etc, but anything that requires tools is not something you do at the inspection. Like, if you wanted to tilt up my tank to look under it (why would you?), you'd also have to disconnect like 4 tubes (easy) and afterwards, reconnect them (doable but slightly annoying due to tube length) and secure them (annoying). I wouldn't want to fuck about for 10 minutes on someone else's bike for no real gain. What would you even expect to find under the tank?

drilled airbox for more powa
hidden ounce of meth
GPS tracker
original copy of the US constitution

Feels good to not live in a shithole. Buying bikes from middle-aged dudes with Schuberth helmets and full textile gear is ezpz.

Holy fuck that dude was assblasted about carbs.

I like carbs. They're easy.

Nothing like a purely mechanical system. Literally needs someone to pet it right to run the best, but nothing beats the feel a spot on carb.