>Motorcycle Hot Opinions

/dbt/ map:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Look I refuse to delete the arrows:
→ → → →→ → → →→ → → →→ → → →→ → → →→ → → →→ → → →→ → → →→ → → →→ → → →

webms with sound!
Highly abused thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

motorwerksllc.com/Motorcycles-Suzuki-Hayabusa-2011-Cocoa-FL-cf43603d-3b97-488a-adaa-a5ed00a767ba
youtube.com/watch?v=quBTVgtzbaU
youtu.be/16zrLCI0GOA?t=1m6s
suzukicycles.com/Product Lines/Cycles/Products/Hayabusa/2017/GSX1300R.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=6QGKVxu1IZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I found this random empty street while riding today, it's like 6 lanes wide with no stripes and nothing on it. Post weird places you found while riding.

Just sold my CBR500R today and am going to look (and most likely buy) a 2011 white hayabusa with 22k miles on it for 6,900$ tomorrow.
It has ceramic bearings and swapped/tuned exhaust already.

Good deal or should I offer a bit less?

I dont have a pic but i have like a 10-15km strip of road going to a power plant or some shit that barely gets used

Not really a 'weird' spot, but if you like in Phoenix, go allll the way south on 19th Ave until you cant go anymore and you'll get this view, legit just discovered it by random driving. Its amazing.

Too bad there is always normies here even at 2 am.

Just got a new baiku on Thursday
Feels so fucking good man

idk.. bus stop out in the middle of fucking nowhere, does that count?

Came across this dead end court with just a bunch of cones lined up

>ceramic bearings
which bearings?

>Husky 701sm
>husky FE501 with supermoto wheels

WHICH SHOULD I BUY TO HOON AROUND ON?!?!

The 701 has around 14 more HP and has much longer maintenance intervals, however the 501 is 80 pounds lighter and has a more snappy engine.

>motorcycle inspection station ran out of stickers
>it's the only inspection station in the area
>next station is an hour away
FFS America I commute on my bike and only own a bike.
We motorcyclists get treated like MUFUGGIN DOGS.

Thinking about it this one was kinda interesting.

So how much of a douche would I look if I put a thundercats sticker on my thundercat?

more like super juke am I right?

Sweet wooden bridge out in the colonial area

>not getting the 300
>tfw they cost $11,500

Can't say I know m8, I didn't ask.

for riding on the street a 701 every time

>putting super moto wheels on a race bike
top kek m8, get the 701.

That actually was going to be my plan, but not only is it a pain in the ass to "legally" plate a 2 stroke in the US, but the Direct Injection 300 isnt coming here till next year.

Why? I know its more setup for the street but holy fuck 80 pounds is a ton of weight.

can you not go to a car inspection place?
>having inspections

none as long as they're not huge and gawdy

Why do people glorify using dirtbikes (and groms) to break every law known to man again?

>dude, it's a dirtbike
>THAT MEANS YOU GOTTA DO WHEELIES DOWN THE SIDEWALK

It's vloggers, right?

Red flags for boys
>he doesnt have a liter of displacement

I think its niggers. I just really enjoy the riding position on a super moto. I use to own a CBR and holy fuck are sportbikes uncomfortable.

Anyone who uses a grom should just be disregarded anyway

Ehh who really needs oil injection?
Plus buying KTM's new is silly, i bought pic new and now it has had so much money spent on it that it will never be worth selling.

you won't notice the weight difference unless you are actually riding the bikes off road btw.

Lower CC sport bikes like the CBR500R are comfy as fuck. If I smash my crotch against the tank I can be fully upright.

less weight really doesn't make much difference for street riding.
14hp and significantly longer maintenance intervals and reliability do.

this

Monument to the foresters of the world in the middle of the forest.

>paying a premium in insurance and gas just so you can get outdone by a 600 until you reach pointlessly high speeds

Like by the time you're up into the liter petering zone the 600 rider is already passing you because a corner appeared

Foresters should just kill themselves, fucking hippie trash the lot of them.

Whats funny is when they tear through the bush at 80kmh in their 4x4's to try and catch me on my dirt bike then they say i am the one damaging the environment, top kek.

>less weight really doesn't make much difference for street riding

is this nigga retarded?

>14hp
and 80 pounds

the only thing the 701 has going for it is the maintenance intervals

You think a racing dirt bike is going to be better for street riding than a sumo designed for street use?
because news flash is the 501 is a high performance race bike, comparable to riding a track only road bike on the road just because you can.

W H E R E

k buy the race enduro and meme wheels to do wheelies down a suburban sidewalk if you're so fucking set on it. Why did you even ask?

>can you not go to a car inspection place?
Nope, at least not in my state. And an expired sticker counts as a moving violation.

Jesus, they listed it for $14k
motorwerksllc.com/Motorcycles-Suzuki-Hayabusa-2011-Cocoa-FL-cf43603d-3b97-488a-adaa-a5ed00a767ba

> $250.00 SPOOLS!

These spools? These right here? Someone paid $250 for these?

I'm not surprised to see them taking an >50% haircut on this.

nice try

Do you want to be a dirt bike dickhead or something m8?
youtube.com/watch?v=quBTVgtzbaU

That wasn't me. I'm genuinely torn, I feel like I should buy the 701 solely for the maintenance aspect, however I feel like I will have more fun on the 501.

You realise you are trying to buy a bike that cost over 25,000 new right?

You would have more fun on the 501 if you were riding off road, you will probably have more fun on the 701 on road though...

Buying a racing dirt bike to putt around city streets on is 7 newly discovered types of retarded user.

i can almost guarantee the 701 will be more fun on the street because it's actually made to be good on the street. Riding a vehicle significantly out of place gets old real quick

A new hayabusa is 14.5k

New to you or new new?

Kawasaki could cultivate a more prestigious image if they used the old river crossimg logo more often

Rode my bike today for the first time since I moved in January. Only did about 70 miles but it was a good day for riding. Lots of other bikes out on the roads today.

a 600 is really all you need unless you go on the track

opinions on loud exhausts?
youtu.be/16zrLCI0GOA?t=1m6s
just installed a full akrapovic exhaust on my fz07 and i absolutetly love it

>that shit eating grin you make when you set off car alarms

The cheapest 2nd hand one i can find is a 2008 busa for $7500 m8.

>opinions on loud exhausts?
Annoying. I was following some guys on sportbikes from quite a distance and I couldn't even hear my own engine.

The new KTM 500 (same thing as fe501) are excellent street bikes with very low vibes and decent motor longevity. Sure you have to chance the oil every 500 or so miles but if done properly the engines will last 10k miles easy.

loud pipes save lives

>CBR500R
>sportbike

New to me. It's a 2014 with 5k miles I got for 5K

suzukicycles.com/Product Lines/Cycles/Products/Hayabusa/2017/GSX1300R.aspx

>msrp

my 2008 450exc-r did over 15,000km off road before needing an engine rebuild.
on road id expect over 30,000km out of an engine.

600s, especially once tuned properly, will still win on tight tracks without ample straights for 1000s to shine.

It is shameful to put a loud exhaust on a bike that does not deserve a high performance image.

Loud pipes on scooters, commuters, cruisers, and streetgoing dual sports are fucking dumb.

i fucking hate them. I ride like a cunt on backroads and I don't want to draw attention to myself or make touge locals hate me.
Also don't even like listening to it myself. I prefer a quiet hum of the engine just above the level of wind noise to a loud REEEEEEEEEE coming from a fart can

10k miles is like a year or two of riding if you actually ride it much

>15k
that is if you buy with cash which we both know you can't do, 15k on a loan is 25k user.

>excellent street bikes
>chance the oil every 500 or so miles
>engines will last 10k mile

Who really cares?
People that buy dirt bikes to ride on road are the worst type of cancer anyway.

Let him waste his money.

You realize I'm not the guy buying it?

MSRP was only $13,699 in 2011. But muh accessories...

here in a 3rd world country like SoCal, it's kind of beneficial to have a loud pipe since you lanesplit and 99% of people that drive here are on their phones.

>those college kids that straight pipe their bikes
it's almost always a gxxer

Are you joking?

I have a Beta XTrainer and a WR450.. the WR450 feels like a fucking tank compared to the Beta... just riding it down a road...

The Beta has about 15hp less... but it wheelies easier, seems to accelerate about the same though, and is way more twitchy because the front is to much lighter.

My DR650 is a lot of fun on the pavement, and then it handles the forest service and other unpaved rural roads like a champ when I come across them.

How are they cancer? I've never hand a problem with them.

Thats US dollars though, and $13,000 US dollars is more then 1/4 of most Americans annual salary.

Don't worry here in Cuckistan splitting is illegal and everyone hates motorcycles so nobody cares if you die.

Busas have a high nignog tax, that's why they hold their value so well.

>can't do 15k

Is that supposed to be a ridiculous amount of money?

He's mad he's poor.

Your bike, stock, is louder than you think if you're not lugging the engine, and nobody can hear you coming in heavy traffic and breezy california air regardless

Also if you're splitting safely and properly, you shouldn't need advance warning because you SHOULD be moving at a speed that allows ample reaction time, through already slow moving or stopped traffic

>but no i gotta go 65 instead of 60, so i'll ride between lanes on a busy highway

Practically new-new. Congrats, I am teh jellies

Thats seems like a good deal. Enjoy it!

Yes off road the weight difference is noticeable, on road though no.

Not like you are throwing the bike around single trails at 10-50kmh on the road which is pretty much the main place weight plays a factor for enduro bikes...

As far as the x trainer doing wheelies easier than your wr450, the xtrainer has more bottom end power than a wr450, wr450 has way more mid range and top end though.

he was talking about people who buy racing dirt bikes like the 500/501, not dual sports made to last forever on the streets

they tend to be really immature

It's a really good price, but I think I'd rather have the new one.

Please stop

What's considered poor anyway? I guess that would be subjective

I'm talking about riding it on the road bud.

Both are street plated.

In lockport, I was just riding around.

I feel like you just stereotype these people. A 500 is the best dual sport bike on the market. It can handle the highway with ease and can handle single track with ease. Sure a XR is less maintenance but let's see how wel it handles single track or how much fun it is weight 350lb with 30hp

Poor is either not having enough money to buy a brand new bike in cash, or having enough money saved, but not being in the financial situation to recoup that expense in a timely manner therefore making the purchase an incredibly and significantly stupid decision when you should be investing heavily and living within your means

I've seen some crazy leans, but there is no feasible way he makes it out okay from that angle

The front is already tucking. He's either casey stoner, or toast.

Thanks lad
Can't wait to go hit some twisties
Also new new was like 3k more so no thanks. Stealership can go fuck off

So is my 300, doesn't make it nice to ride on the streets though.

Dude is best off getting a 701 unless he actually plans on riding off road as much as he plans on riding on road and even then a 701 can go down most enduro trails without a worry.

Look at the front wheel, he's fucked.

80 pounds is 80 pounds. You will feel it on the road, not as much as the dirt, but you will 100% feel it. The extra weight basically cancels out the extra HP of the 701.

At that point you are looking at

>701 for better maintenance intervals
>501 for better thrills

Lets face it most people get bikes for fun, so he should go with the bike he will have the most fun on, the 501.

>passenger with poorly secure backpack hanging off

shouldn't that be lowering the COG and helping the bike corner faster though?

501 would be wasted on him.
Its just spending more money for the appearance of having something better when you don't even know how to use it.

Gotta remember he is talking about getting a racing dirt bike exclusively for riding on the road, he isnt taking it off road, ever.

It would be like me coming on dbt and asking for advice on which 600cc sports bike would be best for riding off road, sure they CAN do it, does not mean they should though.

Hey, given the babby shit most bikers call "offroading", a 600cc sport naked is probably the ideal choice because then you're not stuck with a shitty DS or pigfat grandpa bike for spending 98% of your time on pavement.

what do you consider "offroading"?

Why do you keep saying the 500 is a racing bike? the 500 is made for enduro/touring. It is less revvy than its 450 motor which is made for racing. the 500 is in a less state of tune than the 450.

What do y'all think about ethanol free gas for bikes?

Getting thrown around by the slightest bit of wind isn't exactly fun. Neither is having a ducked up steering geometry from putting the wrong size wheel on the bike.
The 701 will be more fun. He will absolutely feel the extra power on the 701 and he would absolutely feel the extra oil changes and rebuilds on the 501.
Yes it is heavier but that's not really as bad of a thing as you're making it out to be.

Because its an endurocross bike you monogoloid?
In what world is endurocross not racing?
Vid very related
youtube.com/watch?v=6QGKVxu1IZc