ITT: Dream Cars

ITT: Dream Cars

Pic related.

Ferrari SF70H

>mfw I have the same dreamcar i'm restoring
ws6 w72 4 speed '78 trans am

My favorite car of all time. Watched Smokey and the Bandit as a kid with my dad and holy hell its such a sexy car. Did you ever get it restored?

a 4c

>tfw it costs over half a million dollars in Australia

Sending it to my buddy to get sandblasted after my brothers 73 formula gets done.
its a full resto so I'ts taking awhile and I dont have much time because I fell for the college meme.

Post feet

you can only see my sexy feet if you watch my basic trans am history video.

What engine you think you're going with?

already have big boy :^)

I'm sending in my w72 block to the machine shop because one of my cylinders is fucked. Then I have to find some sneaky ways to cheat the Pure Stock Muscle Drags refs into thinking my cars pure stock.

Neat

lol if op is the snobby ass faggot from the other thread like this and didn't realize there are a lot of firebird owners that post here

80's El Camino with the Monte Carlo or Grand National front end. Swap my LT1 into it and make it manual.

I'm not the poster, but damn I hope he goes with the stock 6.6 400 V8. It'd be disrespectful not to.

50% of ccg owns firebirds

seeDont worry m8 i'm a purest

Yeah I figured that'd be the go to but didn't know what the deal was with the original engine

Either an Edsel or a Hudson Hornet

Challenger R/T with the 5.7, not the 6.1
Something about this car, man I don't know what it is but i've been in love with it ever since I first saw it

>the 5.7, not the 6.1
>Unironically wanting

This with a 231 and all the fixins

no external modification

have you ever driven one?

they are pretty shit desu

poor build quality and the handling is nearly unsafe

this is true, as an object they look cool as a car they are shit

why cant it be made better? people do it to cameros all the time

Well you are talking lots of mods and money and changing the nature of the car

coilovers help especially on old cars

change the nature from shit to fun? sounds win to me. we can leave the aesthetics alone

Change the looks of the car from classic to Frankenstein

You are going to have to change the way it sits and looks to some degree

besides we said DREAM. why dream small? why limits?

but not in a way to ruin the aesthetics. just subtle. widen the stock wheels, etc.

I am just saying the car is kind of shit

if you have only ever known it from posters and TV you might not realize that

The 6.1 has been dead for a while mate - and why would you want a 5.7 if you could have either the 485hp 392, or the 6.2 Hellcat?

we know, this was mine my point is if you have a dream car as bad as op's then at least make it better, its a dream after all.

If you realize that your dream car is only in essence a cool shell that you have to gut and retrofit so it will handle and be safe, that's fine

but IMO the average person who has that as a dream car would think if he bought one in nice condition it would be a good car; it's not

i feel that about most old cars. experience has taught me. ive had about 5 cars made before 1985 and thats been very true.

I have never actually owned a car that was newer than 1980.
The build quality for the second gen firebirds was fantastic and the handling was not that bad. The handling is a meme if you dont take a turn at over 100 you will be fine, though it is an easy fix to make them handle better.
The build quality for mustangs and comaros from that period were shoddy I will admit but the late 70's were dark days. in 1981 the build quality for the trans am plumitted and fell in line with everyone else. The 301 was one of the worst engines pontiac ever made,still better than ricegrinders but would only make about 150k before detonating.

I can only pray those were not real camaros

Sexy as fuck

Why are the '50s the peak of aesthetic?

Absolutely patrician. Don't know how the rest of the thread managed to turn into an argument about Mulletbirds.

>dream car is a bar of soap

Hi all, I've come to be annoying with my t/a,. 5 year ase tech ama

>5.7
>not the 6.4 or Hellcat
Why? They've been restored and improved.
It's not so much the coilovers, but rather the entire suspension geometry being reworked.

They have not been restored or improved. They are sad shells of their former selves.
I hate ricers that destroy classics.

>Got baited this hard FML

Still saying you need to 400 swap that beast! Just got a 400 for a 73 for free off a guy so I know you could find one.

>OP likes a nice, classic car, with the original look.
>Hurr durr why don't you put an awful bodykit on, ruin everything that made the car cool, and make it look like retarded and nothing like the original.

>The build quality for the second gen firebirds was fantastic

That's utter bullshit, I have never seen one that didn't need door shims and active labor to keep the front bumper fascia from falling off

>the handling was not that bad.
it's bad compared to any car built today

Nice bodykit

Said no one ever

No shit Sherlock.

I'm still on the fence but for now it's the boat ancor 403

It's designed to clear wider tires and have less drag. Doesn't have to be pretty.

How is it rice when they're fast? The core unibody is still there too, and literally thousands of bone-stock restos exist for every one pro-touring car.

This

I've owned 3 and had zero problems with them.
How is that shitheap not riced garbage, the body kit makes me vomit.
Stock with mods that are not visible are the best looking.
You reek of underage summerfag

your dream car is something that the average joe can afford? lel

dream big, pleb

The kit is designed to widen the fenders to fit more tire and have less air underneath the car for, well, aero. It sticks to the body lines otherwise.

And make it look like a failed abortion in the process. Go stock or go home summerfag

>MFW post the Wong pic

Why do people start throwing around summerfag when this board has talked about restomods/protouring a lot before? Why keep it exactly stock when they look better with, say, a bit of a stinkbug stance, soft 8s, and some form of tunnel ram intake or blower?

Because only underage kids that watch fast and furious think that destroying classics is "cool"

Most restomods are made from rusting relics missing a ton of parts and just sitting in a barn. They're given new life, and they still function as cars. What's wrong with turning something cool into a racecar? Most of the work is stuff you don't even see, like the tubular k-member/engine cradle setup that orange Camaro has going on. It's bringing modern performance engineering together with classic looks.

Rustbuckets can easily be fixed with enough time, money and experience. The main problem I have is that they cut the frame and hack it to pieces. Then they don't put the correct engine in or even put a carb in it to make it somewhat respectable.
These history channel type fags do not love cars for what they are, they think of them as soulless tools.

Why put a carb when standalone EFI exists? Why do an old small block when the LS series exists?
>hack the frame
You mean to tub the rear or what? People have been doing that since back in the day. It's a different form of appreciating the car, and that is making it the best it can be. You never wanted bionic limbs or anything like that?
>history channel faggots
Who?

>Why put a carb when standalone EFI exists?

Not the same user but come on man are you serious?

Yeah I get it, old school cool, but a shitty carb on a race kart almost got me killed. I'll stick with EFI.

Story time m8

Rotax DD2 karts are a treat to drive. 125cc two stroke, 2-speed gearbox hooked right to the rear axle, no chain required. Hit the paddles to upshift/downshift. Good, if heavy, chassis. But the carbs suck. Royally. Delorto is an awful carb manufacturer. I had this mystery bog that would just happen at random, and it happened to me at about the worst possible time. I pulled off on a straight thinking I was out, it was gonna die, but it fixed itself. I did my best to shoulder check and saw it was clear, so I got back in the racing line. Time slows down as I hear the twin-engine homemade monstrosity closing fast behind me. He has absolutely shit for brakes and I just pulled out in front of him. His front right hits my back left, goes clean over the deflectors designed to prevent ramping, and I watched his kart sail past, within inches of my head with a good ~30mph difference between us. I know a Holley is not a Delorto, but EFI just werks.

I should add I was running in outlaw class so anything goes. Twin-engine kart had one engine each side, big radiator as front numberplate.

>mfw no slapcart tracks in my state
Sounds rough dude, I have my own homemade cart but it only gets up to 45 and is terrifying to drive for different reasons.

>Rustbuckets can easily be fixed with enough time, money and experience.
Yeah so? Nobody's going to throw money at restoring, say a rustbucket 6cyl Camaro with the intention of restoring it back to the way it was in 1970. Because even in 1970 it was shit.
And why the fuck would you bother carbing an LS when you have EFI and the ability to throw the best intake you can get (presumably a FAST 102) at it and the best injectors you can buy and then just have an entire engine map to tune?
Or would you rather it not have coil ignition, either? Cause I sure do love alloy adjustment and having to retune the engine because of humidity.

Wait are you saying there were ls's back in 70?
I'm fucking confused.
If your saying put in an ls then carb it, yes that would be fucking retarded, but so is putting a newer engine in a classic.

You want this one.

>lighter weight
>better fuel economy
>EFI
>still a v8
What's not to like about a modern engine in an older car?

>Wait are you saying there were ls's back in 70?
The Orange car posted earlier has an LS, I recognize the intake and power steering fluid reservoir.

It takes the soul out of the car

I like to think of it as a heart transplant instead. Except the new heart is bigger and stronger.

Based Tatra 603. The V8's in those sound freaking amazing.

A 455 is special enough to exist on its own merits. A 6 cyl or 350 isn't, really. The 350 does nothing better than an LS.
That being said, if someone honestly thinks they can do better than a 455 and proves it, I'm not going to judge.

This thread needs more Euro cars...now presenting the magnificent 300 SEL 6.3

Not sure if joking...

I had an 88 GT and it was my favorite. Such a fun car. I put a 75 shot of nitrous on it, among other stuff. Holy shit!

t. BMW oldfag who misses his Fiero.

>Not sure if joking...
no joke. Genuinely want a Fiero. Unfortunately, I live in the rust belt.

I gave up on this a long time ago

GODFUCKINGDANMIT

I owned a 70 1/2 RS Z/28 in a box. Numbers matching and all that shit and then 2008 (and other things) happened. Had to liquidate.

Fuck.

If you can restore one yourself you could always buy a shitty one for 10k

Well I picked up that Fiero in the 90s in central OH. Brought it south in 02. Dumped it when I got pic related, which is gone now.

Best of luck luck user.

noice

OP here. Wanted to give some love to the 3rd Gen Camaro as well, preferably the irocz 5.7L 350 V8, as it doesn't get much recognition for the total sex machine that it is. Glad the thread is doing well. We've all had dream cars and it's a great thing to have in common with someone if they're the same.

Great car man! I hope you don't have the wheels in pic related still on the car 'cause those just absolutely ruin the look.