/lozg/ - Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

Previous:

Thanks, just glide in from the shrine of wisdom i suppose

Nah, it's just that Gorons have only one gender.

Fishes and Birds and Elves and Edgy Ninjas all have two genders. Gorons are unique in that they are only Gorons (gorons).

If your law forbids any male to enter the city, technically Gorons have no concept of males or females. They are just Gorons. There's probably a precedent in Gerudo's laws about them when a Goron asked, dumbfounded, what was a woman and why they would be the only one authorized to enter the city.

Really activated my almonds for once.

Oh finally figure it out after like 1 hour...100 rupees :^(

I though it will be ancient core, waste of time.

4th for Horsey Fatback.

He's not bad, he just stomps around because people say he's bad.

That's not true. Talk to the Goron in Gerudo Town. He says he doesn't know why they let him in because he's obviously male.

Later on there's a Hylian talking to two Gorons in Gerudo Town trying to figure out the same thing, why they let a male Goron in.

They just can't tell. Like with vai outfit Link.

I like to dressup with weapons included when I go to cities

Zora armor (died red), silverscale spear, silver shield, silver bow
Flamebreaker armor, stone smasher, no shield, no bow
Snowquill armor, Feathered spear, kite shield, falcon bow
Gerudo/Desert voe armor, moonlight scimitar, radiant shield, golden bow
Sheikah sneakah set, eightfold blade, shield of the mind's eye, phrenic bow
etc

is it okay to be autistic in these threads?

Yes, see

which girl has the worst breath

How to remake the 4 champion weapon if i break it? Also why is riju the only one who gives 2 treasure while everyone gives 2?

Each weapon has a person you can talk to about it gerudo weapon can be replaced by talking to bodyguard chick.

gives 1*

Because Urbosa wielded a sword and shield

Yes, Gorons identify as male, but they're still no female Gorons whatsoever in the game. From the viewpoint of the law, Gorons are monogendered.

It's not rocket science.

>They just can't tell.

They can't tell the buff dudes with a male voice are "males"? Where did you get that interpretation? It's so off I can't even.

The Goron wondering why he was allowed in the city doesn't imply they thought of him as female. Quite the contrary. He is a male, he looks like a male, everyone can tell he's a male, and he is still authorized in Gerudo's Town... because, technically, there's no female Gorons and the law is moot for them.

each place has a specific npc if you need a replacement and most of them are pretty obvious ...tho I can't tell who the gerudo fixer uper could be just yet.

Ravioli's bow is the only one worth a damn desu

>They can't tell the buff dudes with a male voice are "males"?

Because that's what all Gorons look like, even females. So no, they can't tell that the "buff dudes" are males. The Gerudo certainly don't associate "buff" with "male" considering they all have six packs. Besides, they are not "buff dudes", they are big rocky guys.

Just because they don't look like the human concept of male or female doesn't mean anything. It's like saying "wow you can't tell that this big rocky tortoise is male?" No, I really can't.

How much does it cost to repair?

Also I need to make 10k for the 4th fiary and only have 2k. Anyone know a good rupee method? I have been selling meat and monster parts.

Stone Talus world tour. Sell the gems to the Gerudo in Goron Town in multiples of ten. She gives a slightly higher price than shops, but only buys after you complete Rudania.

I just go around the Goron area breaking rocks and killing Igneo Talus, sell gems

You can't "repair" them, you get a new one if they break. You need Diamonds and a weapon from the region.

it's not so much of a cost than it is you needing certain items. Diamond being one of them and a certain weapon to make into the new champion one.

Need money? Talus would tour!

There's no female Gorons bruh. It's the entire point.

We don't know how they reproduce (it probably involves rocks and magic), but there's no female Gorons in the game. There never was.

When a law forbids any man to enter your town, and a monogendered race appears, you can either forbid them all or allow them all. The Gerudo decided for the second, probably for purely mercantile reasons.

cursed post

The Goron Crusher is a nice 60 broadsword for midgame. Better than many mid-to-late game weapons.

>The Gerudo decided for the second, probably for purely mercantile reasons.
That's probably the main reason, but also I would imagine that since the Gorons are so weirdly non-threatening, they probably didn't consider them a big deal.

He is a bitch to find it is the blacksmith but there is nothing to indicate he is such it is an old guy the leader can give you his name.

final panel

Not canon.

>Manga
>Canon

there might be who knows maybe they are to hard to tell apart and there are females.

Not much of a 2 handed weapon person(savage lynel sword baby) but that's true.

>Non-canon manga

Who else puts on warm clothes when the temperature is low, even if it's not low enough to fall into the game's health loss range?

I don't want Link to be cold.

elemental weapons if the temperature is not too extreme

i feel protective over him when i see his breath in the cold air

>yunobo talks in cute speak goro
Stop this right fucking now!

I don't blame you, Link is for protecting.

I though Talus world tour was a mini game like the golfing one until now.

Heh turns out torch stands in shrines are not stuck to the floor, or at least some of them.

Nope, just hop around the world killing all of them and you'll be drowning in rupees

For every piece of every dragon, the Wild Tunic should be more interesting than heavy armor.
Like the champion tunic's super heavy armor

>tfw 30k+ rupees and nothing to spend them on because the shops won't restock their fucking arrows

They don't restock if you have too many on you.

saw this on a thread in /v today and I gotta ask it, the travelers saddle that you get with the link rider amiibo, can you get that in the game normally too?

Most of the amiibo stuff is exclusive, the travelers riding set is no different.

Sheeeit, that sucks. Literally the best looking set in the game.

post gerudo

because gerudo part of the game was the first in development and they rushed the rest

ok

My voe

...Peppers are fruit?

meant to reply to

Yup. Also check out the cooking guide in the OP

botanically speaking they are fruit due to seeds, culinary speaking they are considered vegetables because they are used like one, it's retarded

Fruit is the seed-bearing structure of a flowering plant (i.e. plant ovaries). So yes, peppers are fruit.

And just like in real life, cooking them takes the spicy edge off and sweetens them up a little.

Oh no I'm not trying to cook anything. just surprised riju's seal ate it...and said stop giving her shitty fruit fruit.
Neat

Where's Riju's seal?

Left of the throne room, you can feed it fruit to get tips.

Does she ever say anything useful? I thought I tried all the fruits but maybe she says different things at different points in the story.

Left of throne room

She seems to adore wildberries from what I've seen.

Also neat. Neat facts of the day

I know feeding dogs leads you to treasure but I never do it. Three whole steaks seems excessive, I don't want to overfeed them.

Dogs are known to be omnivorous; they'll happily eat fruits like apples, too.

Too many apple seeds are poisonous! What if it gets sick?

Don't worry they're magic dogs

If you feed a horse a stamina carrot it will get temporary extra boost meters.
Doesn't work in giant horse.

Thanks for the tip on where to find a standard red lynal user I have my hoof now.
If this is somehow not that last riddle clue I shall be pissed
I shall share my location for what I belive is always a red hinox It is behind purifier lake near the lynal you encounter on the road to Lanayru

I am thinking I should go for some stronger hinox though I assume those have a better chance of dropping guys?

I like how the description of the Tunic of the Wild items express surprise at how well they fit.
Like Link can't comprehend that he's the Hero of the Wilds and the reason it fits so well is because it was made for him.

what
nigga
that's some near-incomprehensible shit

Hinoxes don't ever change colour, they stay as they are from start to end

Oh well disregard the second part of that post then.

Finished at last.
tfw smallest lynel is 100 times harder then Ganon.

POST SIDON

and his sister

Where do I find a cart and a crate? I want to fly around with Magnesis

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Cart is north of Goron Village at the beginning of a long track.
There is a Moblin camp down the path south of Goron Village with a ton of boxes
Happy flying.

goron city. shit's near impossible to pull off though....at least for me

I just wanted to note something I noticed while playing
All the strong enemies use attacks that generate fire. Look at Guardians and Lynels. This is no coincidence. It's to help you counter them, since it gives you the updraft you need to glide and slow-mo aim at their weak point.
It's a nice detail I think.

Yep, this is super tricky to do

Where the fuck do I find wheat? I need to make some cakes but I can't find it anywhere.

Rito Village, or cut grass in the Tabantha region

Ah that's why, I was looking around Akkala for some reason. Thanks.

posting best fish

Does Kilton give you a reward for killing the world bosses?

A medal

I'll take that over poop

>I spent over 50 hours in game hunting those koroks even with a map and all I got was a literal piece of shit

The seeds are also tiny poops

Do Guardians respawn after blood moon? My brother is certain they don't but I just want to make sure I'm not killing them for no reason.

Yes. Your brother's a retard.

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

Isn't the tetraforce the upside down triangle that goes into the empty space in the middle?

Even the guardians in Test shrines respawn.

yes. even the shitty mostly broken ones respawn. sans bosses, i can't think of any enemy that doesn't respawn

Why all ganon bosses are piss easy?
This is my only complain about game - the main badass boss IS FUCKING EASY. It took me literally 1-2 minutes max to beat every one of them. I didn't even need all that tons of food I cooked beforehand.
Just... WHY?

That sucks...

Because the mainline quest is all about getting the support to heavily cripple the end boss to make it easier to finish off.

Only Thunderblight was challenging in my opinion. Haven't challenged Calamity Ganon yet.