/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/hidxlj.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=SCZI7fZJlgE
github.com/libretro/parallel-n64/blob/master/Makefile#L15
hastebin.com/ejadojaqep.txt
majorgeeks.com/files/details/cemu.html
github.com/JayFoxRox/citra/pull/49#issuecomment-283301810
shogun3d-cxbx.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-macos-experiment-part-1.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>page 7

How's citra? Can i play kh3d and mgs3d yet?
What about MonHun?

At around 25-15fps. At about 10fps. No.

>search for any issues regarding Chaos Seed and bsnes
>find nothing except references to a translation patch

Sounds like a game glitch...

Citra is crap. It's the JPCSP of 3DS emulation.

m'lads i have a question
if a game is available both for pc and ps2, should i emulate it or pirate the pc version

Depends on how good the port is compared to the emulated version

The guy said it didn't happen in higan
Probably something fixed in later versions of bsnes.

Byuu doesn't deserve any money since he doesn't really do anything. He's done. His contributions to emulation are over.

MAYBE I'm wrong. Maybe Higan's non-snes cores will go somewhere. But until then, Byuu is finished. He's an emulation nobody. A figure who did something in the past, but he's done now.

>>shits on the following emudevs: byuu, gonetz, skmp, exophase, demul devs, epsxe devs, mamedev, anyone who made any amount of money off emulation or had a falling out with retroarch basically

Demul, exophase and epsxe devs TOTALLY deserve it.

Money making emulation leads to closed source, and pissing off the powers that be. N64 and PlayStation emulation were set back years because of this shit. And currently Dreamcast emulation is suffering the same fate.

CEMU is gonna be the real test to whether Nintendo will sue anyone.

How to spot SP by posting style

>writes LOL and BTW all caps
>frequent use of words like 'lulz', 'bitchass'
>inserts a blank line every two or three sentences
>shits on the following emudevs: byuu, gonetz, skmp, exophase, demul devs, epsxe devs, mamedev, anyone who made any amount of money off emulation or had a falling out with retroarch basically
>brings up facts from their life like occupation, education and sexual orientation just to smear more shit on them (some of that shit you wouldn't know unless you went out of your way to stalk these people, he especially likes calling byuu a highschool dropout)
>calls Veeky Forums users losers solely because they browse this website
>says Nintendo is going to sue people's asses every time non-clean reversing and paid emulators are brought up, brings up his bad experience with PS3 scene as an example
>defends RA like a rabid dog

before someone accuses me of being some creepy stalker or whatever (I don't browse any emulation related communities other than this thread) I see his retarded shit here for so long I started noticing these patterns

>Money making emulation leads to closed source, and pissing off the powers that be. N64 and PlayStation emulation were set back years because of this shit. And currently Dreamcast emulation is suffering the same fate.

What are you even talking about

>calls Veeky Forums users losers solely because they browse this website

That's more correct than higan's SNES core.

Project 64 was closed source donation ware for most of its lifetime. epsxe was the first "good enough" emulator and it was (and still is) closed source. People used that for 15 years.

Instead of building upon their work, everyone else had to start from nothing. It's inefficient and slows down emulator development.

These emus also popularized "plugins" which are still a fucking bane to the world of emulation. Worst design decision ever.

>It's inefficient and slows down emulator development.

Translation: SP can't write emulator, but can copy and rename other open source emulator and collect patreon money instead of original author.

>N64 and PlayStation emulation were set back years because of this shit.
Multiple N64 emulators were open source for years..

How many people do you think are making money off SP's work right now?

All those guys selling Retropie boxes, etc? Hmmm?

Psst, hey, what am I supposed to do with these to get the videogame to go?

I have an update folder and dlc folder that look the same

Support the developer, the game is still being sold m8

my.mixtape.moe/hidxlj.webm

Don't do it, Jade, it's a trap.

Could just be coincidental though. Need more information.

>Project 64 was closed source donation ware for most of its lifetime.
Nice exaggeration pal. 1.7's era only lasted a few years, not "most of its lifetime". 1.4 has been open source and there's no excuse not to utilize whatever advantages 1.4 had over other emulators (like getting World Driver Championship to work). PJ64 is currently open source, yet m64p devs still have not fixed anything themselves. Can't claim closed source held progress back, if no one else is even making progress after the source has been open for years. The only 2 N64 emulators with a future are PJ64 and CEN64.

>Instead of building upon their work, everyone else had to start from nothing. It's inefficient and slows down emulator development.
It's not inefficient to write your own code. Copying code from skids is inefficient.

>These emus also popularized "plugins" which are still a fucking bane to the world of emulation. Worst design decision ever.
You've got one heck of an imagination there buddy. Can't blame plugins for any problems when no one else is putting in work in the first place..

>The only 2 N64 emulators with a future are PJ64 and CEN64.

Still hyping up that garbage, LOL.

Where are all you great N64 coders yet who have been able to build on the Parallel renderer yet?

TinyTiger to date is still the one and only coder who has been able to put LLE RDP on a GPU. All of you are still fucking around with lame-ass crappy old outdated trash HLE GL renderers - and in Gonetz's case, you can't even write one from scratch. Total losers.

Don't you have a wiki to vandalize?

She sounds a bit like this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=SCZI7fZJlgE

>Still hyping up that garbage, LOL.
Not really hyping up either emulator. Just saying that those are the only ones with any hope. M64p is a lost cause m8.

>Where are all you great N64 coders yet who have been able to build on the Parallel renderer yet?
I'm sure you're aware that not everyone has hardware that supports vulkan.

>TinyTiger to date is still the one and only coder who has been able to put LLE RDP on a GPU.
While I applaud his efforts, you can't really believe that's the best way to play N64 emulation, right? It's still using an RSP interpreter.. Then there's the fact that it's still using a M64p core, so even if the RDP was flawless, it's still not ideal due to the RSP and emulator core..

>It's still using an RSP interpreter..

Not true, an LLVM RSP dynarec was made for it too.

However, I wouldn't say it's exactly fast. It was more of a code experiment to get a dynarec up and running in a dirty fashion with libllvm.

Well that was disabled in the last build I downloaded (a few weeks ago). I can't compile it on my own so I'm out of luck..

It should be enabled for both Windows and Linux.

i want to play dmc3

I have the newest version of PPSSPP (1.4), and I transferred all my old files of Chinatown Wars (was using 1.21). Everything was going great, but eventually I saved a savestate during an ambulance mission and it stopped working, and now when I try to load the savestate it again quits working. I have used savestates in the past no problem.

Have Windows 10 64 bit, and a PC that can play every game at 1080p/60fps (so to not look up all my stats I have a "good" computer)

Savestates are never reliable

how can I play DS roms on my 3DS? it's already hacked. I am technologically impaired though and any help is appreciated.

Reminder that those that say that maister ntsc = blargg are lying.

It's not enabled.

github.com/libretro/parallel-n64/blob/master/Makefile#L15

If you enable it, it gives you a build error:
hastebin.com/ejadojaqep.txt

post your specs
Emulating it is more demanding than playing it on PC and both require fiddling to get working.

Anybody dump P5 in english yet?

do you or anyone else know if all the previous saves go to the recycle bin or anything, so I can just grab the last one before I got trouble?

it overwrites the savestates
Either keep multiple ones or just use the ingame save system.

ok thanks

Can't someone just make a 2-4 pixel of horizontal blur to replicate S-video blur?

Don't emulators already do?

Can citra play the fire emblems and persona q at full speed yet?

no

Buy an r4

Since BOTW is fully playable on CEMU, does that mean everyone is going to drop Patreon support of it now?

Not until it's bug-free and fully optimized. Then most people will stop backing.

it still crashes a lot and has soft lock issues especially in shrines.

Every time I load a file in BotW I end up at the beginning of the game. What's going on?

Cemu website is down, can't download 1.7.4.
Is there a mirror anywhere?

majorgeeks.com/files/details/cemu.html

Fates runs pretty well if you disable battle cutscenes and don't tend to zoom out.

it's not fully playable, camera feature doesn't work, it's still buggy and runs like garbage

>not using tvout-tweaks

I'm asking here because every other source on google only leads me to a dead link, but I recently homebrewed my Wii and when I get on the browser and go to the emulation section, I can only scroll done a little before it completely crashes.

Is there a good script I can replace to fix this issue?

try hbg

Ok.

Close. And better than Maister NTSC.

Blargg is 3 bands of 2 pixel wide blur. TV-out is 3 bands of one pixel wide blur.

What progress has PCSX2 made in the last 12 months?

12 months?
Well a bunch of Opengl fixes got backported to D3D plugin for the AMD victims in the last few months, An OSD got implemented for the OpenGL plugin(and since has been backported to D3D), the core got a few compatibility fixes allowing Berserk to be played without any glitches in software renderer, mipmapping got implemented in the hardware renderers, two new hacks got added : Unscale point and line(for better alignment of 2D elements and post processing effects in hardware renderer) and preload frame data(allows a few games to be playable in hardware renderer), the ps1 comtability got a lot of fixes, the lilypad plugin now allows you to emulate Playstation mouse which is nice for PCSXR, USB Mic got supported allowing a bunch of games to be playable.
Depth emulation also saw a bunch of advancement allowing games like Ico to run without obvious visual glitches but that had been in development long before 1.4 was a thing.

You could just read the last year's 4 quarterly reports.

>a bunch of Opengl fixes got backported to D3D plugin for the AMD victims in the last few months
Does that mean that MGS3 now has postprocessing in DirectX hardware mode?

oh and gregory has been refactoring the code to automate the debugging process but none of those changes have been actually implemented yet IIRC

probably not
the DirectX plugin is still missing blending emulation which is necessary for post processing effects.

Blargg's NTSC filter's blur is badly scaled, because it is rendered at 608x240 then nearest neighbor scaled the rest of the way, resulting in the uneven pixels in the blur gradient. It needs some kind of linear or cubic interpolation on top of it to look right.

Sorry for being a giant faggot and asking a stupid question but I just want to be certain, since the wiki doesn't directly state where to best look for GC ROMs (ISOs?), and I'm not planning on doing anything fancy, so I just need the basics: Is Emuparadise the best place to get them? I presume I don't need anything beyond Dolphin and the ROMs/ISOs themselves, but let me know if I'm wrong.

yeah emuparadise is ok for GC roms
Don't use it for PS1 or Dreamcast ones though.

Why?

So i've been able to run BotW and Bayonetta 2 on CEMU, but now i'm trying to run Xenoblade Chronicles X and CEMU instantly freezes the moment i load the game and the little blue bar on the bottom right appears, anything i should be fixing? I mean i followed the Zelda pastebin for fps boost and it had me changing some stuff

Emuparadise has bad dumps for PS1 and incomplete ones for DC.

Do you like bad rips?

Then where are the good PS1 games?

What's crap about it?

yeah

years ago they removed a feature that was necessary to render anything in certain games to implement texture filtering
it still hasn't been added

Bit late but I guess it turns out it probably was intended, got curious and watched Jim Sterling's video of the PC port and it looked exactly the same.

Was his video of the PC port before or after the graphics patch?

Yeah it was before, but either way I find it hard to believe that the official PC port would have exactly the same bloom alignment glitch in exactly the same way (posted that image because the star X pattern ghosting was distinctive to me so I immediately recognized it when I saw it in his video) that Dolphin did.

>way I find it hard to believe that the official PC port would have exactly the same bloom alignment glitch in exactly the same way
Why do you find it hard to believe?
Dolphin is open source and the PC port does have abnormally high system requirements for such a low poly game.

>PC port requires an i3 with a clock speed of 2.9ghz
>but only a 450 and dx9
top kek
they really are just emulating the game using Dolphin's code with some modifications.

I don't think Durante would have been able to fix it up as easily as he did if they pulled that kind of shit though would he? He'd pretty much have to just make a new port from scratch at that point.

>He uses a dedicated emulator

Rutracker.

have they fixed the geometry shaders on Citra?

Ḫ̸̖̞̹̥̯͓̲ͪ̉ͪ́̾̅ ̴̘͇̖̣̠̠͉̱͋̄̃ͣ͊È͓̞͉̆̋̒ͦ́́͢ ̼̤̻̞̖̪͉̮̄͗ͫ̆͘L̰̐̑͌̀͂̽ ̡͉̫͉̀ͩ̈́ͪ̈́ͨ͘͝P̶̖͈ͧ̓́͛͒̎̃͟͜

how do you fuck a game boy game up

lolnope
github.com/JayFoxRox/citra/pull/49#issuecomment-283301810

So, I've been trying to play BOTW on my PC, and got the game through WiiU USB Helper.

How do I convert it from the format in pic related to something that CEMU can run?

What a fucking crybaby faggot.

You can do it on a real Game Boy too.
All you need is a Machop is a Coin Case.

Isn't that supposed to just be a silhouette? Pretty neat that they actually drew the details.

He's kinda like that.
c
shogun3d-cxbx.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-macos-experiment-part-1.html
I think I've also seen him shit talking Cxbx-reloaded before for not doing things right or something. At least it can actually start games above 0fps unlike xqemu tho.

>Isn't that supposed to just be a silhouette?
No, not if you capture the winged twat.

Youre wrong

I'm 100% right. I'd even show proofs if I remembered where I put my GBC.

you're full of shit

They originally planned to have both Ho-Oh and Lugia in full color, but ultimately decided on silhouettes. Probably for the best, since sprites are limited to 3 colors and the final title screens look better.
But they didn't change Ho-Oh's sprite, and instead just decided to render all colors as black. This can be worked around by crashing the game in a way that forces a monochrome palette in Color mode, resulting in some pretty fucked colors.

As Gold was developed first, and the decision was likely made during that time, Lugia's sprite in Silver lacks these details.

r.i.p. open emulation of future consoles.