>shitpost now
>taypost now

Other urls found in this thread:

bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/6161813105.html
teraflex.com/shop_items/528ffa7fead962f416e72dad
ebay.ca/itm/282389151586?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>overlanding the us

Just bought a Tundra 10,000lb winch from Canadian tire since it was half off for $300. Once I get home from Montreal I'll probably start working on making a bumper out of a single peice of square tubing and figuring out a bracket to bolt to the frame. I'm considering just keeping this truck and thrashing it for a couple years now since I know I definitely want a crew cab ZR2 S10 but won't be able to afford or even find one for a while. And I'm just assuming crew cab Z71 coloraydos are trash.

my jeep (DD hence the pussy tires)

my old bronco

Moved some cars around off road with the grand Cherokee a week ago in trade for a firebird parts car. Willys hasn't been touched in a month. Looking to take my quad to lbl for a day sometime soon. That is all.

I think they're called Colorados (GMC Canyon)

Fun fact: GM made a V8 Colorado but only in single cab.

Do they still make one? They should. Those trucks arw about as big as older 1500 series trucks.

Lets get a close up of the pimped out grille on that chevy

That's our white-trash-puppy-mill-having neighbors truck. He can't ever park it in his ucking driveway because there are 3x non-running shitboxes taking up space.

Lmao hell no. The old Colorados had the 5.3l V8

The new Colorado (2014 and newer?) meme has either the Duramax V4 turbodiesel or an anemic V6.

Worked with a guy years ago who had a 4 door colorado, 2005 i think. His had a 5 cylinder engine. I fucking laughed when he told me that.

Same. Tundra tested and have it on my Ferd Ranger. 10k lb max rating. Getting the hook through the roller is kinda annoying

I'll take a pic when I get home.

SHUT FUCK YOUR FACE

I miss my I5 Colorado from 2010. )':

Im posting my taco anyways.

fuck i should've made that the OP photo
late by an hour

haha small dick gun cuck

post more of your FULLY AUTOMAGIC ASSAULT RAIFUS

>I miss my I5 Colorado from 2010. )':
I miss alot of my vehicles. But i never had a vehicle missing a cylinder.
All kidding aside, did that motor have any balls?
Someone near me has a gray one just like that with some nice bumpers on it. I really like toyotas new designs on thier tacomas and 4runners.

next thread then

Not him, but this seems like a good time to post mine. It makes a great truck gun.

where's the pistols???????!!!!!!!

:^)

I need to upgrade the bumpers. I want a winch.

Nice krink.

it looks like a long fish

Long fish is best fish.

Thanks. I know you from akg. You got nice rifles as well.
Here you go.

2015 tacos have manual shifters?! Damn I need to shill harder for Toyota.

Phish fan?

Not as nice as a krink. I n3ed one.

>phish fan?
I like fish.

>2015 tacos have manual shifters?!
Nigga.
>Maadi
I want one. Selling my Norinco to a buddy and gonna sell my AIMS kit. Took on to many projects at once. Maybe ill look for one next year.

Maadi is nice man. Good shooter. Mine is cucked but i sill love it.

>loving the cuck
toyota fanboys pls

Whats wrong with it?

Barrel has been turned down and bayonet lug ground off.

Ford?

>overlanding when
on my way home
>shitpost now
but shitposting doesn't belong on /org/
>taypost now
but I'm not home yet OP

It had great balls. More than the 3.0 ranger engines but less than the current 4.0. The thing sounded really nice and I miss coldstarting it on long winter mornings.

Sold it before any shaft, valve, or head issues came up.

What made you get a modern fish taco? I'd want one but too afraid to bang it up with resale value so I just got a Ranger fx4 and built it up
Probably will sell it in a few years for $5k in rough (but very functional) condition.
This thing is offroad every week or two.

Those Tacos and 4runners hold their value pretty well. Part of the reason I didn't get one instead of my current soccer mom mobile.

Bought a fucked ranger. Pissed me off, so i went out and bought a taco. I figured ill own this truck till it dies. I dont care to much if the outside gets fucked up, aslong as the mechanical shit still works.

A co-worker financed one of those from 2016 for $75 000. He always brings up the fact that he drives a jeep whenever we talk about cars. I don't really talk with him about automobiles anymore...

Also, those modern 4Runners are fucking massive. They're actually longer than my FJ80 Landcruiser and around the same weight, too.

How fucked?
Did you get the 3.0 V6 like some unspoken member of /ORG/? Because that's how people end up hating rangers :^)

Nah it had the 4.0 with 4x4 and single cab. Turns out the motor had low compression. The more i fixed on it the worse it ran.

Yeah my parents have a 2016. Reminds me very much of my GC interior wise except the 4runner has 3rd row seating.

I gotta get rid of this plastic cover

2002 - 2008 SOHC V6?
>be 2000 ford ranger
>be OHV 4.0 V6
>happily chugs along giving great power and reliability
>2001 happens
>replaced by SOHC for no apparent reason
>huge issues comes along and destroys the reliable ranger
ffs

So get rid of it lmao dude what are you doing.

>modern 4runner is essentially an FJ100
Oh otay.

>2002-2008
Yep it was a 2004. Big pile of shit.

If I was autastic and poor, I'd get a shit Ranger like that and put a 5.0 v8 in it from a cheaper exploder.

I'm new to /org/ and got a 1993 Navara 4x4

I'ts got Cooper MT's on it, and I'm looking at lockers because I've seen the difference they make on the trail.

It's got a C200 rear end and I can't touch lockers for less than $800.

Considering its a 4 banger and I don't daily it, would welding the spider gears be acceptable?

>if
REE
REEE
REEEEEEEE

>I gotta get rid of this plastic cover
Do it. I absolutely hate engine covers. Shit is so tacky.

Just got home. Time to SoHcITpost.

>pic related

I'm sure enginecovers are just the first grunts that you have to fight before you actually do anything with the engines. Plus it gives that new, bubble-based aesthetic that all new vehicles have. Even their interiors have them. I lost the cover in pic related a while back and haven't bothered to fucking find it.

Welding the spider gears isn't a good idea unless you don't like being able to steer or like prematurely wearing your tires on the asphalt. Look into a lunchbox locker for your truck, they are cheaper than normal lockers since they only replace the spider gears. Plus they're easy to install with a few common hand tools and an hour of time. They unlock when you turn, so they help keep your tires alive longer and still give ultimate traction off road when needed.

Lunchboxes are $500. I think that's under your qualifier. Though, I'm not sure how much D21s will suffer from the turns. They're long wheelbase so you may not feel it unless you're on full turn.

Also be careful about highway driving before you actually go and buy it. Once you do, there's no turning [back]. Heh.

I'm thinking of getting into offroading. is it reasonable to offroad something I DD? I can only afford one car

yes
the majority of people who wheel do so with their dd

many changes since this photo, but it's the only pic I have.

manual or auto? my brother told me awhile ago that auto is actually better for offroad. he's got a lifted wrangler but I'm pretty sure he doesn't do anything with it.
would a bronco or 4runner be good?

I dont like the faces of any of the newer full size pick ups. None of them. What happened to good design?

hill climbs, desert running, mudding, river crossings, etc all have various benefits or downside when driving automatic or manual.

automatic is sure as hell easier but if you're DDing, it won't matter. either works. you'll learn to live with automatic or manual when you're offroading. especially if you're just getting started, you won't be doing too deep bogpits, too tall hills, or too quick rivers.

Whatever you find, automatic or manuel, you'll appreciate it.

Run outside and take another one right now?

I'd imagine that it'd be best to have something lifted?

The only protection against the terrain hitting your vehicle is your clearance, breakover angel, approach angel, and departure angel. When you get to faster speeds, then other angels like shock absorbance, etc matter.

The only way to increase these angels is to lift your tyres but then you have to do other shit, too depending on the vehicle as lifting changes the gearing and strain points on the vehicles.. Professionally do it or make sure it's done well. It's worth the extra few hundred if you don't know what you're doing. You can also add protection such as skid plates, bumpers, etc. But prevention > protection > cure.

What are you looking at getting? Price range? Location? Area? Type of roads?

>What are you looking at getting
I like forerunners, Cherokees, and maybe broncos. I;m not super sure about that stuff. I'm just toying with the idea in my head a little since I'm need a new car and I was thinking this would be fun to get into
>price range
I don't have too much money since I'm a student. like 3k. not sure if I can fully equip myself with that.
>location
I'm in northwest WA, Bellingham area(5 miles south of Canada) and about that far to the pacific. I think I might buy the vehicle from canada because it would save me 25% with the exchange rate.
I'm a total beginner to this stuff so I pretty much know nothing
>Professionally do it
there's a local place that does some good stuff. my brother takes his wrangler there all the time.

bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/6161813105.html
something like this maybe?

>last year second generation
u h h
>$2500 with rebuilt engine
wow that makes it more worth it

Expect to sink another $2500 into it to get it fixed so don't beat it TOO hard offroad. If you're careful, you can pay that $2500 over the course of 1 year as small things break here and there. As a college student, find a good mechanic or find 10-20 hours a week learning how to fix that thing yourself.

Ask him why he's selling. Could be too good to be true. Find a mechanic in Canada. Compare this vehicle with other ones around your area as well. So far looks great, though..

>mfw camping and fly fishing on the bay
is there any more to life than this?
if there is i dont think i want to know about it.

on the bay with the bae?

>I don't have too much money since I'm a student. like 3k

Unless there are really cheap reliable American 4WD's and cheap parts then it really isn't for you at the moment, it can be an incredibly expensive hobby, especially for a DD'er. Could $3k even get you anything made before 1990 that doesn't have 2 dozen issues with it in the US?

yes

S P A R K S
F L Y

yeah he posted a 2nd generation 4runner with a newly rebuilt engine for $2500. 300k miles, though. i'm moderately drunk right now but it could be worth it.
Anyway, it'll be good just to offroad every month or so. Especially learning on small dirt roads or with a club.

>cutsey7.gif

TELL ME THAT ISN'T CUTE BLG
SAY IT TO MY FACE
SAY IT

>really isn't for you at the moment
this is what I guessed it would be. I'm just trying to see if it's a possibility

If you have the 3k to spare, don't you have flexibility by asking parents or selling your girlfriend through camwhores or something

if you don't, then you can always get:
>mudsluts

CHECK OUT THOSE TRIPS.

seconded
normie grills love offroading and you can do it on the cheap as long as you have a second lifeline. college means you don't NEED a car, right?

my dad did say he would help me pay for a car but I'd rather not use his money since he's already helping me pay for school and I don't want to use more of his money.
>you don't NEED a car, right?
there is a bus stop right by my apartment and my student ID doubles as a bus pass

>with a bae
>bae
CAN I BUY ONE OF THOSE AT AUTOZONE?!?!?!!!!!?!??!

I put camper tops, grille guards, lifts, etc on trucks all day long at work. Fuck everything about toyota trucks. Enjoy banging your knees on the steering wheel with the seat moved all the way back, hope you're under 6 foot.

Yeah that link wasn't working for me but now it is. The thing is, the cheaper it is, the more problems it has and god help your wallet repairing a Toyota.
>Slight oil leak from cam cover gasket
Had that issue with my 105 when I bought it, forgot how much the mechanic charged to fix it but it was a bit. Also seeing as it has a sunroof the first thing I would check would be the roof and the interior around the sunroof for rust, really common problem on all Yotas with that option.

no one makes lunchboxes for unicorn nissan axles

ARB makes one but its around a grand in the states

I bought a 2001 TJ Monday, 4.0 i6 and 5 speed manual, I'm looking for a lift and I'm not afraid to shell out cash so long as it's a quality kit. What do y'all think about this?

teraflex.com/shop_items/528ffa7fead962f416e72dad

yotas are relatively easy but they do take a long time. Plus he had his engine rebuilt a while back.

Engine rebuild is a huge plus.
Do what you want. Offroading is a huge plus for you and those close to you. Enjoy your college days, my friend

I want to learn it all myself but I don't even have a garage or anything. The local mechanic here at least will lend you their shop basically and you can save a heap using their tools and shit to fix stuff yourself or at least help, would do this if I work hours wouldn't get in the way.

Also wish my air filter bolted down like that, instead it has 3 side clips and one is broken off, thinking I should snatch strap it down or something.

Once I get my snorkel on this week, I'm doing a whole air filter delet and putting a smaller (probably something like that on my Ranger) right after the MAS. That should leave room for my frunk oven (they have kits that fit around your engine exhaust manifolds to cook tendies)

What else do you have to do in college?

It's a noble pursuit but you may be spending much more time than you think depending on how you mess up or can't find shit.
Those cone washers on the old pre 2000s are annoying AS FUCK.

*DING DING DING*
"wiggle wiggle wiggle*
*DING DING DING DING DING*
*wiggle wiggle*
*DING DING DING*
Bring hearing protection.

Nah I'm not college user I got the 105. Debating on getting a snorkel though with the tax return soon .

the land cruisers around my place all have $80 snorkels that can withstand rollovers

don't fall for the ARB meme

How are the 105s, btw? Pic of front axle and all that jazz?

Nope im 6ft. Ive never had an issue, even in 8in boots.

>having the same photo twice in a row
I know you rotate through the same 4 suburban photos but this is a new low even for suburbatards.

>this edit tho

Muh squad

Az ?

What brands are these fabled $80 snorkels? Will look into them.
>How are the 105s, btw?
This is my first 4WD so I can't really compare it to others, goes great I guess, rides like a boat as expected of a car with lift and no sway bars, smashes through whatever I've thrown at it so far but then it's my DD so haven't done much risky stuff....yet. Fuel is the no.1 complaint, fuck these things are thirsty.

NM

hey user your wheel hub is leaking
buy this to fix it: ebay.ca/itm/282389151586?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

If the 105 is anything like the 80 (which it is from what i have noticed and read), then they're probably the most comfortable offroad vehicle on and off the road available with amazing articulation with front and rear solid axles.

What do you mean by riding like a boat? Like it sways from side to side during turns? This happens even with swaybars on the 80s but i guess not THAT bad. turn slowly and you'll be fine.
>diesel swap when

Anyway, did you just take that picture after i requested it? it's 1am here so are you Ausfag? If so, thanks for your dedication. Here's a rare swiftie for your folders.

Mechanic who is also into 4WDing looked at it and said to drive another 500km on it first, apparently the hub housings have a habit of sealing themselves back up from time to time, if it's still leaking by next weekend I'll get him to fix it. Comfy ride but man oh man, I swear it could roll if I turned hard at 40km/h, that's how soft and spongy it is. Maybe the suspension needs replacing.

Yeah snapped the pic a few minutes ago,I could get better pictures but the driveway is cramped at the moment and had a few drinks so cbf backing it out. Yep am ausfag, public holiday today wew (sucked in WA cunts).

rip it apart by yourself. the only difficult part are those bloody cone washers which they could've removed for the 105s (unlikely, desu since it was a quick add-onto the 100 mixed with an 80)

how much for a mechanic to "fix" that issue? or is he going to completely replace every axle component and seal?

i absolutely love running over the large speedbumps at one of my work sites where all the sedans (and even minivans and crossovers) go literally 5km/h on them. Ramming through them just feels so good when everyone else is barely crawling along.

Does that use colored discs instead of needles? That's pretty cool.

when was avatar posting allowed?

I have no idea what the price would be but they are fairly cheapish, not even sure what the process would entail whether they would replace the lot or just fix the leak. Love smashing speedbumps and shit too, literally the first thing I did when I got the 105 home was go out the back of town in the bush and smash through 1ft water ruts on the dirt roads. RIP dealership detail.

hello no friend, what do you drive?
>inb4 it's not avatarposting if they're reaction images

a volvo

My mom got a 2012 Jeep Liberty Limited. We're going to take it to the beach this summer.

>taking it to the beach
>California

you're making it sound like it's an adventure