Undervalued Cars?

There are so many cars on the market that are obscenely overvalued. Aircooled Porsches, WRXs, 4x4 tacomas, the list goes on.

What are some cars that the market has not caught up on? Cars that are still a real bang for your buck.

pic clearly unrelated

Civics, corolla, simple econoboxes

Lambo Murcielago

Do you think its a supply and demand thing?
asking for a friend

Corvairs or anything AMC

What AMC can you find for a reasonable price now?

Renault

Turd gens. Not the nicest cars in the world but they're stupidity cheap

Fiat X1/9
>mid engine
>that dank bertone/Gandini design
>excellent handling & racing pedigree

Yet mechanically sorted examples with no rust sell for sub $5000 all day long.

Corvair's are criminally underrated, provided you like semi-oddball stuff.

Also they have pretty insane parts availability and a great community.

>Very tight engine bay
>Electrical timebombs unless redone completely
>Apocalyptically rusty unless looked after very closely

I love the X 1/9, but they're not issue free

>supply and demand
You mean supply and command?

1st gen honda CR-V.
Great storage capacity, gas mileage, and reliability. plus AWD & manual. fuck your subaru forester,

E24, E31, 190E Cosworth, Audi 4000cs

996.1 911
1st gen boxster s

Corvair community is comfy as hell

>4x4 tacomas
>undervalued

lmao

same exact thing could be said for old Alfas, but look at the price for a coupe nowadays.

At the end of the day, a vintage italian car of any sort is going to be a real project. Electrical work, rust, and leaks are all a reality any enthusiast will face. It is just curious that a car with all the criteria of the X1/9 never fetched a higher price, all else being equal.

>8 grand for a beat up 20 year old truck with 250k miles with a timing belt hanging on by threads.

sure

Only sensible thing you have posted ever. Add e34's to that list.

Z31's

GTVs, Fulvias, etc. came from the era of the 275 GTB/4, 365 GT, Miura, stunning cars fetching millions. The X1/9 is from the era of the Mondial, 400i, and Maserati Biturbo. Much like the US Italy could do little wrong in the 60s, and couldn't do anything right in the late 70s/80s. Being old and Italian doesn't necessarily mean value, you have to put it into context.

Read the op post again

also consider the lancia scorpion. came out three years after the X1/9 and was worse in every way except a slightly stronger engine. yet these sell for three times the cost of the Fiat.

end of rant. you can probably tell what car I have in my garage

The Scorpion (Montecarlo) was raced successfully and is loosely related to the 037, one of the most legendary homologation specials ever made. Also much lower production numbers. If you were going to make a case for one of the two being underpriced the Scorpion would be a better argument.

70s - 90s volvo

will run to 300k got my 740 turbo for 500$