/ndg/ - NieR/Drakengard General #67

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

6O IS BEST OPERATOR EDITION

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/nier/concert2017/
twitter.com/KyleMcCarley/status/854404295042637828
fusetter.com/tw/8MSoV#all
youtube.com/watch?v=OwBh_7zV4Wo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Uhhh beauty mark???? HELLO??????

>2B criticizing 9S for accepting the Amnesia quest by saying he only accepted it because "she was pretty"
>n-no that's not it at all, but she was really pretty a-and
>"WHATEVER"

>9S telling his Operator how she's cool under fire and so beautiful during a scheduled check-in
>she cuts him off by saying flattery is unnecessary
>"I really meant it though..."
I did not expect nines to be this adorable when I bought this game

Nines is a whore and does not deserve 2B

Does anyone have these character portraits in high res?
I could only find 2B's in yande.re, at about 6000x5300 res.

Such is life

What if Devola and Popola started the rumor that they caused humanity's extinction so the other androids would be able to live for revenge, then wiped their own memories to cover up the lie as well as to cope with their actual failure?

square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/nier/concert2017/

At times like this I wish I lived in Japan.

At the very least, they'll stream the 5/5 concert on niconico.

I want the poster though.

How are the original Nier and Drakengard games? I've really enjoyed Automata so far and want to dig more into the previous games. Can they be played on the PC?

>9s VA shitting on the chan when even /v/ gave him praises
i feel sad

Nier is good. (Slightly) better story than Automata but it doesn't play as well. Drakengard 1 plays like shit but has interesting story. Drakengard 2 has a terrible story and mediocre gameplay. Drakengard 3 plays okay and has a good story, but it's riddled with performance issues.
You can emulate Drakengard 1 and 2. The others require a PS3 or (in Nier's case) a 360.

Wait what?

twitter.com/KyleMcCarley/status/854404295042637828

Wow, what a fucking weenie.

>a PS3 or (in Nier's case) a 360
bleh, thanks though user.

I don't think anyone here actually has an issue with 9S's dub, it's probably one of the much better ones

Ouch. I guess to be fair, I don't doubt that a lot of people DID say that to him. It's exactly what people say on /a/ every day and I wouldn't be surprised if /v/ was the same. I thought he did well though.

>reddit: can be downvoted, have to have an account to post
>Veeky Forums: anonymous
If anything reddit are hypocrites

Yeah, nier's dub is great stuff all around
Guess some reddit fuck screencapped something outta context

>Veeky Forums is an hivemind
What a faggot

If you weren't familiar with it, I can see how you could definitely get that impression.

>"I really meant it though..."
This is the exact moment I hated 9S. Flirting with 21O behind 2B's back, what a slut.
He probably thinks cuz he's the hot shot, top class male YoRHa he automatically gets all the pussy.
2B is only his main girl cuz she's there all the time and gives him the most attention so of course that's who he "loves."

You delete this post right now. DELETE IT. 9S is an innocent boy.

Saddest part of the game.
Should have been an ending.

For the record, this was posted in response to a thread specifically made on /v/ for shitting on him and Kira during their stream. So, yes, the responses literally did say that

>didn't trip once
it's like an obscure kind of survivor's guilt

Bleh, then there's nothing we can do, fucking /v/ i swear

9S is SHAMELESS.

But 2B rejects his advances and he doesn't know why so he takes it personally and subconsciously wants to kill her.

Where do souls come from?

>trip over bar
>fuck
>try to jump over bar

Nobody even talked about him here yesterday.

>Didn't trip once since I was browsing this general for a week before I started playing and was already completely spoiled by the time I got there

>Spare them after the Augustus fight
>Nothing happens differently

>didn't trip because I went the long way for no reason

your picture is smug but your heart is sad

This OG NieR mission made me chuckle.
>Here are your tulip bulbs, ma'am.
>Thanks!
>Growing tulips, are we?
>No, I'm gonna eat them. Can you buy me fertilizer next?
Uh...

Does anyone have some good Arioch lewds from Drakengard?

>super tired
>push through to this point
>actually stop and take a look at all the debris
>brains doing maths at a 2nd grade level putting 2 and 2 together
>that is GOING to fuck me over
>nah thats a stupid idea
>why would that ever be a thi-
>trip as i walk over the nearest pipe
>b-brother....
>start crying and shut my console off before heading to bed

why is eve a guy

Girls have cooties

9S with all his crazy high-end tech and ability to evolve is still just a 16 years old boy mentally in the very beginning. He simply doesn't understand that saying such things may hurt another person. Same reason he actually told her that redhead is cute which provoked her jealous ramble later.

But after he sees her being completely devastated and crying while embracing his dead body in ending A/B he seems to understand everything. His gift, withholding information about humanity for her own sake, absolute recklessness in fighting EMP robot army, from that moment on entire world aside from her could as well not exist for him.

Post pics of 2B suffering, I'm feeling vengeful.

>Post pics of 2B suffering
No.

Anyone knows what is the name of the song that plays during the recent stream?

Countering your bullshit.

Is this on sale now?
Is there an A2 one yet?

i want to feel 9s's smooth thighs

2B needs to suffer for her sins. I want to rip her apart limb from limb for what she's done.

2B deserves to be happy.
She suffered more than anyone because of what she was forced to do.

>fighting Adam as bare fist 9S
Jesus fuck they need to make this shit possible to upgrade and increase number of attacks.
Combined with Pod programs it felt like a mirror battle with both of them conjuring energy to attack each other.

Her pain of killing a boy she "loved" is nothing compared to the cold yet searing pain of several feet of metal being pushed through you without notice. The pain of seeing the woman you love with the coldest and heartless gaze look upon you. And in that moment, bear no regret not remorse.

She needs to suffer MORE

The physical pain is only momentary.
2B's heart has felt like it is being ripped in half for 3 years.

in my head's cannon this is from 2 minutes 34 seconds 847 milliseconds after ending E

I like the way you think.

I'm not sure what the runes say, but my head's cannon tells me this is from 3 hours 27 minutes 40 seconds 102 milliseconds after ending E

Pods still need to attach 9S' hand back.
>they will actually awaken 2B first and ask her to run his maintenance

What about the boy's pain huh? His physical and emotional pain when he realizes the truth about everything after fighting so hard so many times and giving his life so many times for her or to her. She hasn't suffered enough.

I used to like 2B,now...

If you want someone to blame, blame command.
By the time he realized the truth, he knew it wasn't her fault.

>2B is only his main girl cuz she's there all the time and gives him the most attention so of course that's who he "loves."

I need someone to debunk this theory

Pretty simple actually.
9s has the mentality of a 16 year old, he doesn't realize his words hold that much weight.

I feel like he matures rather quickly under extreme conditions.
So by the end of prolog and A/B he looked differently than after his "reborn".

The Wandering Couple sidequest and the Cruel Blood Oath weapon story clearly hint at the uncertainty of whether or not 9S does fall in love with 2B again when his memory is reset. It's not like they custom-built him to fall in love with Toobie, it's just what happens because they're the cutest, lewdest couple. Him complimenting 21O, which happens a while before the Grün fight, if I remember correctly, I always saw less as unfaithfulness to 2B and more him not having settled on 2B after the memory reset at the beginning of the game yet. I'd only see it as unfaithful if we knew he somehow gets "born" loving 2B, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The strongest hint of him having feelings for 2B is after Route B, after they've been through a lot together, after all. Obviously, there's small stuff before that, but I don't think we can just assume he's 100% in love with her for the entirety of the game.

I think that he was thinking about revealing the top secret stuff to her, but didn't

Oh yeah, could be. The extremely positive note of that entire segment makes me think of something more emotional, but the details about the Moon Server are a valid possibility as well.

Also, I just remembered he technically asks her out on a date long before the Route B ending. The exact time depends on when you do that sidequest, but since the Grün fight locks you into the ending path, it has to happen before that.

Either way, unless people buy into that highschooler fantasy of love at first sight, I think it's okay to assume 9S gradually commits to 2B and doesn't start out having a huge shotaboner for her. Telling 21O that she's pretty is forgivable when, from his perspective, he starts off with a freshly reset mind and has a bunch of hot chicks talking to him.

I'm sure 2B convinced herself that there is no way 9S would ever love her back if he learned what she was doing to him after the whole cycle ever got broken. Maintaining the vicious status quo was the only way in her mind how she can be close to him before having to E him again. And refusing to do so would just mean they would assign another E unit to him. I guess it's up to our headcanons if he would **** her after ending E.

>fusetter.com/tw/8MSoV#all

Anyone that understands nip should take a look at this. It's from the concert today, and it seems to reveal some things about 2E/9S/Pod153.

>Commander's english voice

人類への栄光

人類に栄光あれ

>I'm sure 2B convinced herself that there is no way 9S would ever love her back if he learned what she was doing to him after the whole cycle ever got broken
Well she's in for a big surprise after ending E when she will realize that he knew and doesn't care at all.

thanks I suck at jap

no

Translating, give me a sec.

it says congratulations for getting 100 percent completion

Has anyone asked Taro if he likes Serious Sam?

I think the throwback was so obvious that no questions are even needed.

Thanks!

This is the best piece of music in Automata and if anyone says otherwise they have no taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=OwBh_7zV4Wo

>not the superior japanese version

I just noticed the similarity of Emil's Shop (nip version) and Emil theme in general
I'm a retard
I blame english version of Emil's Shop

>Either way, unless people buy into that highschooler fantasy of love at first sight,

well in prolog it looked exactly like this to me

Is this happy or Sad?

The last thing both of them remember is thinking about each other on a verge of death. Next thing they will see is each other's faces.
How do you think, user?

I actually prefer the dub Commander's voice over the japanese. I beat the game in english and then did a japanese VO run, btw. It's interesting to note how different the characters feel with different voices.
But yeah, japanese commander sounds like she's bored as fuck. There's so much more emotion to her english dub. Dub trumps Japanese on this one, sorry.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

for you

Why do all english VA sound the same?

Report: spoilers from Nier Concert at Osaka. Once pod 153 detects that 9S has acquired classified information she reports the fact to 2E who then executes her mission. 9S, who finds out that 2B is actually 2E and that 2B is extremely pained by this repeated murder, commits suicide by logic virus. [Please continue killing me from now on]
Or more correctly [2B, please. From now on (possibly: from now on too) make sure to properly kill me.] 2B in response to that [9S, forgive... me.]
Because the logic virus was self-administered, 9S's body rapidly disintegrated starting from the head, hands and legs. Her words did not reach him.
・That was the last time. Before that was also a time when 2B, after having killed 9S, wondered why he didn't resist. Pod 153 told her that [9S knew everything].
(9S's memories before getting killed were of the day the two were chased by a boar and defeated it, or of that time when they spent the whole day peacefully fishing in the Flooded City)
・Also there was a time after the shopping mall, when 9S said [Let's go window-shopping when the war is over!].
・9S was aware that he [Had special feelings towards 2B].
・Pod 153 said to 2B who was in pain and anguish [Having emotions is forbidden].
・Pod 153 said that 2B was created in imitation of a single prototype android who survived the Pearl Harbor Descent. Due to the prototype's excellent ability to operate in stressful situations, 2B was designated E.
2E said [I'm not... suited... to something like that] very very sadly.

・In the end of the Prologue, right after the murder, 2E hesitates to delete 9S's memory data and reinstall preset personality. Pod 153 asks her why she does not execute her mission. 2B answers [You will not understand. I don't understand either]

Until the plot of the game, the story was caught in an extremely sad spiral of life and death.
Cont.