/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Abused the host advantage too much
>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

You know what's something I like about the Forest Hunter and Rosaria's Fingers? That there are other people in there, not that your character is the only member of that covenant.

first for dragonsis

I want a community event where everyone in /dsg/ draws dragonsis

#
What the fuck is nier? I thought the poor mans souls was called Nioh?

Now you are saying there is a new souls clone? Damn seems like there's a new clone every other month.

Why so cheap cash grabs at the souls fanbase? Not like souls is particularly large like say call of duty or assassin creed

You don't play a slut with a literal bare ass in high heels in dark souls

nth for fatrolling

1st for THE CHAMP

What's up with all these dragon fuckers around here?

>nier
>souls clone cash grab
Either you're an idiot or this is some high quality bait.

Would be fun.

Before asking other people how they know they're wrong, the loremakers should REALLY ask themselves how they know they're right in the first place.

NieR is a new ARPG, got nothing to do with Souls or Soulslike, don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Who did this?

Nier is plays nothing like a Souls game, at all. I'm not even sure why anyone would bring them up together in a comparison. It plays more in the vein of Bayonetta or almost any other Platinum game in the past ten years.

>inb4 720p
Is this build viable?

no caster uses 40end, that's 14end+fap3
it's SL99 with 27vig because it came from a challenge run

probably counter dmg from the jump

Why don't we set it up? It can be like the fashion souls collage, but instead everyone can post their sfw/nsfw dragonsis(s). We can have a big collage.

Only rules should be:

Dragonsis (Female, DS3 dragonform)
Futa is okay

He's a cheeky cunt, I'll give him that

The disappointment on gwyns face..

>Brutal but I dig it
can use some alternative shit for heals like aldrich's... ruby?
ring of evil eye (if that's still in)
pontiff's... left? eye
it aint good but it'll make you last a bit longer.

>post my fashion of dancer man
>everyone uses it

I'm glad everyone on /dsg/ are unoriginal hacks.

biaay002.tumblr.com

Rate, please?
Using Ringed knight spear/sword, dragon head shield also.
It has 30 poise, so was trying to get some weight on me.

Same shit happened with pyro chest and sunless legs. I'm never posting my shit here.

Ring of Evil Eye would add to the entire scavenging off the remains of my foes feel

Also a requirement could be she has to be handling a big, thick ultra greatsword

I started the Cathedral Helm and Nameless King chest and the day after I posted my fashion literally every fucking fag started wearing it.

Best set

>le offhand caestus

trash it

STR is a meme in the arena, nobody uses it.

Would any kind user on ps4 mind dropping me a yorshkas chime/mule one for me? I can do the same for you if you'd like.

For PvP? You have basically no aggressive ability at all, so you won't be able to touch anybody unless they commit to swinging into your HA. A GS needs to be backed up with either some kind of ranged option or a good running attack weapon.

Nioh is a shitty souls clone.

Nier Automata isn't a souls clone, it's just a really good third person melee RPG and happens to do souls-like mechanics better. It also has a weird story, more traditional open world progression (quests/subquests), no autosave, and less enemy variety and no pvp, but Nioh has all that shit too.

My argument is that Nioh is a BAD souls clone, and Nier is a GOOD game that happens to improve on souls mechanics, instead of just copying them, so go play Nier instead of Nioh.

Nier is DS3 combat and corpse runs, but also adds:
>hot-swappable movesets on the same weapons
>combine rings / armor (equivalents) to stack effects for insane min-maxing
>change your WAs/Spells/Parry mechanics by just changing your equipment
>able to shoot projectiles and spells while attacking with melee
>soft-lock to nearby enemies instead of fixed lock on
>can turn your melee attacks into projectile attacks
>can turn your projectile attacks into defensive attacks
>taunts that actually affect damage output
>completely customizable controls

I was disappointed with how little DS3 actually improves mechanically over DS1/DS2 and Nier feels like a giant leap forward gameplay-wise.

So playing Nier I felt more like I was playing a souls game than Nioh, even though Nioh LOOKS more like a souls game, because I was able to min-max and customize the combat so much more in Nier

>SL125

>Play as a Sorcerer
>Suddenly everyone is aggressive

I thought this was the passive edition

So I'm making an antimage/silencer and oh shit, Vow of Silence and Great Magic Barrier both take 2 slots. Vow of Silence seems better in general as it will protect you from all casters, but having to cast it every 15 seconds sounds really annoying and FP intensive. On the other hand, GMB lasts 45 seconds last I checked, and is very effective, but only against sorceries, not other types of "magic" damage like in previous games.

Which one do you think would be better? Vow of Silence and at least regular Magic Barrier are available pretty early, so it's just a matter of what's more effective and what's better for flavor.

>lag so bad the person hits me before the animation comes out

I love this game.

What's stopping you? Do you need the discord to make every event for you /dsg/?

Is the parrying dagger worth using at all after the caestus nerf?

a lot of shit is passive

Sure, meet at Highwall? Pass is dsg

How well does the Caestus WA work against bosses?

Manlets need to just die.

You will never be able to satisfy a woman like Gundyr Thundercock.

So i'm so tired of playing game again and again when i want to make some PvP-related builds.
And that's why i need your advice boys: Can i use CE to give myself cons souls and gear to lvlup and play?
And if i can do i receive a softban?

you're the one who is suppose to be passive, kek

Do the Corvian Greatknife and Great Corvian Scythe pair well together?

if only it looked this good ingame

How do I doge freides invisible attack? she stays invisible until the attack connects

but user, I "made" most events and I'm not in the discord

Something tells me that is a mod.

Is SL60 good enough for both DLCs?

I use the Greatsword almost all the time mate

Meant for him*

>NieR is a new ARPG, got nothing to do with Souls or Soulslike, don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

>Strong attack, light attack, parries, dash/roll, different weapon movesets

only major difference between Nier combat and Souls combat is that instead of blocking in nier you fire projectiles to stun, and instead of leveling up individual stats, you combine equippables to min-max/specialize and do more damage.

Everybody is in my face so much all I get to cast is homing soulmass and great farron dart, shame sorceries don't have a nuke like Chaos Bed Vestiges

Someone drop me alot of souls. PS4 @FluffyKitten_cx ill love you forever.

it's perfectly safe if you pull out your ethernet cord & shut down the game before you reenable it
just in case you're retarded make a backup first

if you're good enough

she's only invisible user, doesn't mean you can't find her

metafaggot detected

Let's see here.

>SL125 on a melee build
>40 END
>40 VIT
>40 INT
>off-hand blessed caestus
>no spells attuned with your 40 INT
>ashen estus and budding blossom on your start bar (?)
>wasting a ring slot on meme havel +3 for meme havel gear
>wasting a ring slot on chloranthy +3 when you already have 40 END
>MLGS at anything other than 60 INT

Dude, no.

use throwing knives, they are still visible when she disappears

It's good enough for the first one, did it a couple days ago on 65.

Idk about the second though, only got the rings

I'm going to choose to believe this is bait instead of a serious post.

rate my dragonsis

GS are quality. Even Profaned GS is quality

Sure thing friend. I bet you think DmC is also Soulslike.

>Strong attack, light attack, parries, dash/roll, different weapon movesets
Does this mean I can start calling Shinovi/Estival Versus Soulslikes? /skg/ merge when

you dont nee 40 end for a greatsword. 30 should be plenty. id also drop 10 points from vit for 10 more int.

Go play it, you can go through the game using the exact same controls and play style as souls. Nioh tried to copy souls in style but Nier actually got the gameplay and customization right

I'd say both.

>Land Sacred Flame
>It does 350 damage instantly, instantly explodes, even though there was no lag
Was that their way to fix the old Sacred Flame bug or something? Cause thats really really lame.

>Ever leveling above 40.

Dudes.

How cool would a giant red phantom knight boss have been?

Yes please. Drop me yours, I back up my save, resummon you and drop it back for you or..?

Can you stop talking shit?

Nier is not a game like souls at all, platinum has been making Nier like games for years now

Just because a game has dodging, enemies and combat doesn't mean it's like dark souls

What a ridiculous comparison

Nier has quests and missions, Nier has a straightforward storyline, again I can go on but it's nothing like dark souls

Even Nioh is a huge strech, combat isn't really like souls and it's more loot drop oriented, the game has missions and not a connected world

>come back to DS3 after a year
>get to Pontiff
>still get summoned almost instantly

I see that he's still raping that boipussy

It indeed is.

So, a big dude in armour, but red?
Kinda cool, I guess?

implying

>soulslikes are characterized by the presence of light and heavy attacks, roles and parries

I haven't chuckled this heartily in a long time

what are you 12?
i haven't even seen your fashion
get out you egocentric fuck

Spear of the Church should have been a reverse gank squad; if you summon phantoms, more players are summoned as the boss.

It's a shame people never learned that pressing L2 with a shield lets you parry.

>Get killed by Aldrich who spawns in and sees me getting fucked by host and buddies
>Immediatley gets fucked and dies in under a second
Wow good job faggot

Yeah drop it back for me, still need to her alive so I'll reload my save to when I didn't kill her

Post your build.

I've noticed a good way to deal with the aggression is to spam homing soul mass and r1 from a straight sword in the other hand.

Most players can not deal with it. Especially greatsword class and ultra class weapons.

>Ashen user, do you want to be my cleric?

the greatsword is not quality anymore mate
55 points for refined gs = 590 ar
47 point for heavy gs = 619 ar

and yes refined does more damage than uninfiused now

Shiovi doesn't have weapon /character customization, open world gameplay, mechanics-changing equipment, or character min-maxing, it's also not an RPG and doesn't have enemy drops or unified currency like souls and Nier does.

How does vow of silence interact with lingering dragoncrest ring? Would that ring increase the doration of VoS?

b-but the cops

>tfw I really like the Fallen Knight chest but dislike every other bit
>it doesn't mix well with that many things except Cornyx's legs and Firekeeper/Brigand gloves
>helmet is even more of a crapshoot

Forever doomed to be Homeless Solaire.

yes, just for you kek. not kidding

Why would you need magic barrier on if they can't cast?

>Using sorceries in DS3
Also
>MLGS at anything other than 60 INT
MLGS at 40 INT has 553 AR
MLGS at 60 INT has 577 AR

that's like a whole handful of vulva my man

Only prolongs the effect of VoS on yourself and not other targets.
Lingering works the same way for every other aoe buff.