/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Lost half their IQ upon seeing the ladder
>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/35EuWsg
youtube.com/watch?v=nIBGH6Mt-Z4
knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-absolute-madman
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for redcucks crying for muh honor while arena exists

co-op '''''''players''''''' OUT

>mfw you're the kinda baby that cried about invasions being overpowered

Both WAs are good, but for different things. Splitleaf's gives it a high damage combo which is R1 L2 R2; better yet, this is a combo where you don't lose FP until the R2, so if you don't hit the R1 you can back off attempting the combo before you hit R2. Combos off of R1 are good because they give you a low-commitment method of fishing for phantom kills; if you get a hit, kill a phantom maybe, otherwise you can roll away and try again.

However, you'll have much less luck killing hosts this way, and that's where Charge comes in. Charge is really good for running down hosts that you've gotten low on health and who have decided to panic roll away behind their summons for a sippy. Charge will let you poise through summon attacks while lunging you towards the retreating host, with enough hits that you'll certainly rollcatch them, and all this together may get you a kill you wouldn't get with Splitleaf.

Although overall I'd say neither are good for AOE because they don't have horizontal R1s until the second R1. Greathammers and Ultras would be much better for that purpose, since they do and also have poise.

u mad bro? arena exists, if you value your precious souls e-sports fights go there then, oh wait youre just invading to dick people and when you get dicked back you start throwing a tantrum

scratch that, you got the mindset of a 5 year old child

where?

what if pic related

So a Pyro build is not a good choice as a first char in DaS3? What about archery, is it any good / fun this time? What builds are considered to be fun in DaS3? I heard that 2h weapons and heavy armor don't really work that great this time around.

ok you have a preference on ultra then?
and great hammers have a horizontal R1? I don't see them used very often so I have no clue

great weapons are amazing
heavy armor is pretty useless

Where are you from, early 2016? Pyromancy is crazy good once you hit the mid-game. Archery is shit, and heavy weapons & armor is the absolute best way to play right now.

that intro at the start of your webm is gay as fuck and it causes the thumbnail of all your webms to be just black

I can swap around .sl2 files to no ill consequence, right? I've been recycling slots like a man mad recently.

discord.gg/35EuWsg

REEEEEE

>Gundyr will never be your dad
why live

I haven't played DaS3 before and I've actively avoided any and all discussion about the game. I wanted to wait for the GOTY version before getting the game, so I'm behind the times when it comes to this game.

Sad that Archery still sucks, glad that heavy weapons and armor is good now. My friend raged to me that slow weapons and poise don't work in DaS3 but that's the extent of my knowledge of the game prior.

The weapon art for Gundy's is fucking amazing.
Like, FUCK.
It is all up to how you play, though.
Try both out and see.
They are both amazing.
I prefer Gundy.
Chump Charging guys off cliffs is priceless.

poise works to an extent with heavy weapons now

Poise was "working as intended" when the game came out. The way it works now is that when swinging great-weapons (GS, UGS, GH, GA) you gain hyperarmor and can't be staggered out of your attack. You can be staggered while idle/moving, however.

that's the point

Cool. Does poise work for spells as well or just normal weapon attacks?

Is Pharis' Fedora the only had in the game that doesn't cover your face somehow? And does anybody know precisely which Ghru drops it because I don't want to deal with all 3 of them.

I'd probably swing for Splitleaf then. In all fairness the regular running R1 on halberds is pretty good for running hosts down too, better to murder phantoms easily and then kill the host piecemeal. I do love charging though, my favorite thing about the Astora UGS.

Yes, pretty much all of them have horizontal R1s when two-handed. For a strength build my favorite greathammers are Greatclub and Ledo's. Greatclub has an R2 that is really good for rollcatching when uncharged, it's also relatively light and does pretty good damage. Ledo's has a double-spin WA that's pretty good and it also has very high purely physical AR, it's just super heavy.

Fuck off dot

i need the image of dog knight gael

hand it over

>losing to a butterfly

Who...?

>spells
>poise
If you're a cleric. Speaking of; are you a cleric?

The same way that you hit people with ultras: you bait them into it.

Also, if you're close to them you will stun them during the jump which allows you to combo for big damage.

ledo's has too much strength required so I will probably skip on that
might try the greatclub though
or 1 of the UGS

I usually use swords though so might try a hammer

my point was splitleaf in one hand, gundyr in the other

This weapon is so satisfying to use

you can use perseverance for "poise" during casts

Oh, I forgot UGS; I like Astora UGS and Lothric Knight. Both just have horizontal R1s which I like, I really hate the vertical R1 ultras. Astora has Charge which is nice and the rolling attack is still pretty good, LKGS has loads of damage when buffed with lightning and a godly thrust; the WA is Stomp which I find generally lackluster but some people like it. Both are best on quality...actually, I wonder if Astora is better Sharp now.

>Look at mugenmonkey

Holy shit it is better, and from 60-70 dex you're still getting 3 AR per level for most levels. Interesting.

slot resin bundles to apply before a riposte

You can stop reposting the same shit over and over. It's not funny.

l'm not a dirty buffer

youtube.com/watch?v=nIBGH6Mt-Z4

Is this script included in some cheat table?

Seems fun to fool around with.

Is it just me or is the hole we jump down to get to Midir the perfect size for a Primordial Serpent? I'd wager one used to lurk down there and spoke to the pygmies through that room, judging by all the snek statues.

>blessed weapon
wait a minute

Why do serpents have veins?

I wonder what that Serpent preached? And I wonder why Midir's lair is right where the Serpent would have been standing. And I wonder how "Darkeater" got his name.

SO MUCH GLAIVE

Poise works like DaS1 with a big exception. It only turns on when the attack has poise frames. This includes ultra weapons, dark-hand grab, weapon arts and 2-handed halberd, hammers and greatswords.

There's also spells and weapon arts that let you ignore stun for a short while.

(!)

>advertising him some more

Production quality: high
Content quality: middle to low

>snek statues

Guessing something was lost in translation when they were designated 'serpents'

LMAO2GLAIVE

Oh hello. Welcome to Patches' Boutique of Wonders. Can't resist it, can you? My sumptuous selection.

So I'm trying to do patches' questline and I bought the fucking key like a retard. I went up the elevator towards the roof in the Cathedral, did I fuck myself over? I didn't step foot on the rafters, but I can't for the fucking life of me figure out how to raise the last bridge without doing so. It's the correct bridge isn't it?

>sl60 meme solaire cosplay
>invade lone host
>they summon a phantom and spastic roll until phantom loads in
>blue summons in
>another blue summons in

>curl up in a ball and drop dung pies
>my masters accept the show of submission
>they gather around to appreciate the endangered invader species

dark souls three was a mistake

l only buff if my opponent does

Just see if he's there you fucking pussy

Patches shows up to lock you in the Firelink tower even if you don't talk to him in the Cathedral

He's not fucking there is the goddamn problem. I'm trying to get him to appear but I don't know if I'm missing a lever or what. He's not standing where he's supposed to and the bridge isn't up

Have you noticed how every dedicated gank area has a huge ass ladder to kill people with?

some furfag shitposter who uses reaction pics with that character as well

Without spoiling, could someone give me a little help?
I just beat the dragon at the bridge before the (boss?) door.
So I went back to the trapped girl and talked to her, but she still tells me to kill him, and that the way to the abyss is somewhere near a shrine without arms. But I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Do I need to find and kill the dragon before I enter the princess door, or can I just continue?

1: Take elevator
2: Pay close attention
3: Profit

So I'm sl55 and hanging around post-Pontiff but I haven't been summoned a single time in 2 days.

What gives?

What weapon has the highest riposte damage overall? (not riposte multiplier alone but the damage as a whole)

too high weapon lv

Isn't that just for the clory+3 ring?
I did not see any dragons down there at least.

Whole lot of good munching on those grapes did him

One of the biggest stiffies I can get in these games is killing some clear tryhard faggot munching his items easily like a child

Thanks. I found it.

Hmm
so I guess the SSS +4 is actually level 8?

fuck my life
is there any way I can remedy this?

+3 or +4 for watchdogs?

thanks

You're doing it wrong.

You win invasions by being a total dick.

>make character named "Dean"
>join the Mound-Makers
>invade
>just lie down on the ground in front of people
How much loathing for being an actual meme would I get?

Nope, you fucked up son.

8 should be fine

Have you ever broken out in laughter after getting reamed by a NPC/boss? I did it a lot during DS1. First time was I was running back from Firelink after getting blasted by the Bell Gargoyles. I ran up the staircase to the Balder Knight, whom I've easily dispatched multiple times before, only to be parried to death. I had no idea he could parry, I'd like to believe he learned specifically for that one encounter. It was so unforgiving that it became an endearing quality of the game.

id like to know this too. I think its 30-35 with +3

I don't get it. Is it a supernatural reference? I hear there's a Dean in that show.

>dragonslayer armour's first phase music is 10/10
>it gets completely ruined when the second phase starts
why the fuck did yuka do this

>get invaded by some stupid aldrich cuck
>now so pissed off i can't kill the crocodog
>now i look like beef jerky

Thanks you stupid cuck. Go invade a fight club instead.

When I ran into stray demon and he just fuckin threw me off the bridge like a piece of trash that was a special moment

november

just started DS2, could I go through the whole game with this Grand Lance? it's super fun

No it's the absolute mad man meme where his friends tell him to lay on the floor and he did.

knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-absolute-madman

Yes.
Lances were amazing in DS2...

nice. any other good lances?

IN LOVE

looks great
what is it from though

Is RoSP worth a slot in pvp if you have really low physical absorbtion? Like in the 2-4 ranges?

Looks like a weeaboo version of the Firelink set.

What gesture is this?

Rest.

>According to legend, this ring contains the
spirit of the evil eye, a dark beast which
assaulted Astora.

Explain

Karla sitting

It's through cheat engine.

can you use a trip so i can filter your waifufaggotry

lsn't that one from dark souls 2 though?

filter image MD5 or filename if you really want to

No :^)

anri