/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- (Future FAQ Pastebin goes here. If you want to contribute, reply to the OP with ideas or excerpts to use!)
>- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5 reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.co
- District Cheat Sheet hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Buwei6ZWqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUCK SPIDERS

1st for Biological Ascention

FUCK SPIDERS

Whats the deal with Darkest Dungeon?

I want to get it but Im seeing a bunch of reviews on steam and GOG of people with 100+ hours saying the game is shit
Was there a sudden update that ruined it forever?

Thread was on page 9, stop complaining about spiders ya lazy cunts

My hatred of spiders has nothing to do with that.

YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CANNOT ESCAPE

>Whats the deal with Darkest Dungeon?
Is grinding as fuck.

They're people that kept playing in the hope that it would improve. When DD first came out people assumed it was going to be a sort of strategic TRPG with roguelike elements. What they ended up getting over the course of updates was basically just an RNG/risk management game more similar to x-com.

It's not terrible for what it is, but there's not an awful lot of depth to gameplay either. It's pretty easy to figure out the optimal strategy for whatever you're doing and past that you basically just hope the RNG doesn't fuck you.

checked trips of truth

>hyperdrives

I wish I didn't fall for this meme

I forgot to to hyperlanes only on

lmao

> H-Hyperlanes are f-f-fast guys I p-p-pp-p-pp-promise!
ahahahahaha

Well thats unfortunate

>not showing a blacked tag next to it
you had one job

I fell for Hyperdrive the first time I played.

I can't play Stellaris anymore. Late game warfare is just garbage chasing small enemy fleets around the galaxy. It's more frustrating than I thought it would be.

What's a good trait mod?

Nice anime portrait mod, nerd.

Question about Stellaris

Can I fug aliens?

Wew

Hyperlink stations are definitely needed

did they fuck up the cruiser/destroyer ai? all my cruisers charge in instead of destroyers, which all hang back.

>that feel when you upgrade from wormholes to jump drives
I'd appreciate wormholes more if they weren't such a chore to maintain.
>have to renew agreements every so often
>can't use their wormholes if they use them
>can't quickly queue building them, have to manually visit each system
Real nice "game" you have there, paradox.

Don't worry, I kept ayyys in my game for a while. Sadly, they all died by accident but a bomb landed on their capital.

I just wish I could make my own lines. I hated Swords of the Stars, but it had some very nice ideas.

Or a hyperlane builder ship, expensive and travels at STL speeds between unlinked systems but once it's finished the route it creates a new hyperlance. Higher levels of hyperlane tech speed that ship up and improve its range. Boom hyperlanes are something other than shitty warp again.

> Hyperlink stations
They're called wormholes. Try them some time. granted each type has its ups and downs but warp is just nice.

>You will never live in an (insult)-free world

guess youre not an advanced player then

Hey, shut up, (insult), your mother suck (genitalias), and I (respectfully disagree).

>start a new game of civ
>spawn in tundra, gut tells me to look a round for a few turns before settling
>the gamble pays off, loads of deer and copper on tundra tiles, FULL AESTHIC location
>snag Dance of the Aurora
>by turn 50 my only city outpreforms half of the fledging empires, 3 raging barbarian camps near a CS for insure steady science and culture and a solid alliance,
>literally perfect start, famille
>get greedy and focus on the lower end of the techtree for them phat wonders and cothon
>suddenly, a religion is founded
>realise I've completely forgotten about it and would get rekt if my pantheon were to be renounced
>45 turns til next GP @ max faith output
>PANIC.tiff and scramble to reseach stuff
>after an agonising effort only miss out by 2 turns after 25 turns
Ideas have unhinged the gates of empires. The future is as bright as your faith.

Anybody ever had a fallen empire beat the shit out of an awakened empire? I just did and I don't know what to think.

Also why does the word 'CALLE' constantly pop up in the captcha.

>CALLE
You might want to save your game.

There's no reason to put engines on battleships right? Waste of power and they hardly move anyway so whatever shoots them is gonna hit.

>inb4 spam cruisers instead

>There's no reason to put engines on battleships right

>can finally take resources out of the sector stockpile
Thank god.

>STL speeds

>hyperlane ship traveling to Talath system, ETA 435220.04.02

I mean like ion thrusters, stuff like that. The things that give movement speed.

Unless you want satellites, you better put some.

Is that a mod, or a beta for next update or what?

both

99% of C is still STL. Hell you could keep it FTL just still slow as balls compared to regular hyperlanes because it's having to carve the lane out ahead of it rather than just travel. A multi year voyage by a ship to create new hyperlanes would be fine either way.

For 1.6. We're also getting ruined megastructures spawn sometimes that can be repaired for significantly less cost than building one from scratch. I like it.

What does Whispers in the Void do to you? I've never met this warp entity before.

>try to do the tech rush meme by staying in one planet until 2222
>get cucked by neighbours taking 20+ sector planets

Can some kind user please post that Science Habitat chart? I need to know the diminishing returns to know when's a good time to stop.

Here is an autstic video that will explain everything about the game. youtube.com/watch?v=_Buwei6ZWqU

>listening to agrarian idyll inwards perfection PSC shitters

Is there any word on if they're going to change the viability of megastructures?

Right now the only ones worth building are habitats, right?

Dyson spheres and ringworlds seem like a huge investment for little gain

Is there a mod that allows you to automate constructor ships? This shit is real fucking tedious now.

No word that I've seeb. But honestly ring worlds aren't too bad since they're habitats on crack, less efficient from a minerals/time perspective but still pretty good. Dyson spheres and the nexus just suck enormous amounts of dick.

Winning my first war with AE.

God damn it feels so good to wipe their smug attiude after so many years.

My purging meme-empire of homicidal squid-like edgelords is in the full rape mode,Ancients lost 3 worlds for now.

I kinda feel that my blitzkrieg will be halted though, I only encountered 1 55k fleet. Are they gathering strenght and the doomstack whill come to fuck me up or I just got lucky since War in Heaven is in motion and they are spread to wide on multiple fronts?

In one of my games it gave me science,
then later it gave me 200 unrest on a habitat when everybody onboard went mountains of madness on each other.

Overall a good deal, would do again.

I heard stories of memesters reaching FE tech levels before the end of the first century, how do they do it?

Oh but we are getting a new tech to terraform inhabited worlds. So that's nice.

Huh, does it only call in the price once or is it going to cause mass die off consistently?

>new tech to terraform inhabited worlds
neat. what's it called? are you gonna have to temporarily displace the population or no?

How would you feel about an event chain where you're invading a post atomic (or early space age) primitive world and basically they end up crushing your invading force because they have the EDF?

Ecological adaptation. Pre-sentients will die and pops that fall under the 40% minimum will be displaced once it's finished. Nothing happens until it finishes though.

Fucking stupid, there is no conceivable way a pre space flight force could beat a space empires invasion force. All you would have to do is park a warship in orbit and you instantly win, if the primitives somehow destroyed it you could just send another one, even a single corvette would dominate the planet.

You mean like the XCOM event?

Today we celebrate our independence day

> EDF
So they have tiberium? Sounds like fun desu.

> You will never destroy a world with a mineral extracting super plague

Can someone explain how Wormholes work and how they're countered to me like I'm five?

This fucking spiritualist fag keeps using wormholes in systems that don't even have stations

Does he only need a station on one end of the trip, and he can get there from anywhere?

Start a new game.
Pick wormholes.
Play for 5 minutes.

WEW that wasn't hard now was it?

Wormholes can only go to or from a system with a station. So if he's in a system with a station he can go to anywhere in range, if he isn't he can only go back to a system that does have a station.

Wormhole stations generate a wormhole to any system withon range so yes they only need a station on one end. They're countered by being really easy to pick off with small raiding forces of corvettes.

Does anyone know a console command or something that lets you spawn a new Trading Enclave? The one I was using got rekt by a Wraith and now I'm energy capped with not so much to dump it on

>he actually believes that

Why would you want to do that though?
The only ounce of fun the game has is your initial expansion.

*unzips towed asteroid*
heh.....nothin personel.....primitive....

Big circle is range of station
basically you warp to any system within its range, except you have to start FROM the station's system

It has no winddown (cooldown after you warp in), but there's a charge time before the jump

Techs increase the range and decreases the time for the jump

woah nice art friend can I make a commision

Ok.

>heroes that you use for the final dungeon automatically leave you
WHAT

thanks guys

Thanks Paradox

Unusually bright star is the best event desu

That ain't right at all. They just refuse to go back to the final dungeon because it's that fucked up a place.

>30 minutes
this better be worth it

The little windows says they refuse to work at all after all.

Your entire fleet will be slowed down by them if you do this. Your fleet only moves as fast as its slowest member

>gsg_applies_for_job.jpg

good point m8, thanks for that.

>conquer a huge part of an enemy empire
>start processing them to tasty food
>call the sector "happy meat"
>suddenly they get the unrest event "this too shall pass" which basically turns them into non-violent resistance loving fucks

Okay buddy, I will put a "happy pacifist" sticker on your ribs when they're sold at the super market.

What ship designs are good against Unbidden?

Should I just follow the fleet designs in the OP or does something change vs them?

just spam kinetics lol

spam missile corvettes

Any point in lasers?

what kind of weapons do materialist FEs use

Weaponized autism

Aesthetics.

the same as every other FE

which is what

It would probably be faster to sublight your way there.

energy weapons and strike craft