/ndg/ - NieR/Drakengard General #69

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

Bathtub edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/nier/comments/677p4s/nierautomata_music_concert_bonus_script/
imgur.com/a/vvcEu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2B9S CUTEST-LEWDEST-DEAD COUPLE

me on the right

QT fanart for good luck.

>not using this as the OP

NieR Au2mata = FF13-2

Fucking please no, I love sequels but not for this game please.

>new bits of flashback lore only make their bond stronger and their fate more tragic
>9S calls her "the light" mirroring her flight unit message
>2B has some irrational feeling to him she herself can't understand

>9S comes back as antagonist

Shachou desu

Stop pulling ideas out your fucking asses

W is the best ending.
At least they won't suffer as much.

>Still no proof about 9S not waking up or waking up

Why are we still here ? Just to suffer ?

What existentialist writings should I read after having completed Automata? Already read No Exit.

play in something
watch some anime
preferably something emotionally strong yet hopeful
we won't find answer for at least 2 weeks

Accord takes A2B time traveling to solve paradoxes that could bring 9S back.

"I fear for the children"

I tried. I can't. No matter what I play, what I watch what I do the only thing I can think about is NieR.

It's funny, cause the more I think about it the more I realize that the spoilers were probably trolling. Every other spoiler has had some form of confirmation but this one.

Combined with the fact that if they were true, it would turn the entire experience of ending E meaningless. And Yoko Taro always said he wants his games to have meaning.

And yet despite all logical thought dictating that I'm being trolled, I still worry.

How fun.

It's not writing, but I maintain the best thing after finishing N:A is Time of EVE.

Am I the only one that felt the 2E reveal was weak as fuck?

1. 2B and 9S have only been with each other a short time. Route A/B is their first time on a mission together.

2. 2B only kills 9S twice.

3. Both times 9S dies it's HIS idea to do it. He pulls out his Black Box first, he asks 2B to kill him after the fight with Eve.

There is zero indication that 2B is ever performing a YoRHa designated execution, and it's always 9S sacrificing himself. I was willing to buy into 2B being distraught after the Eve fight because 9S keeps dying on her and she can't keep him safe, but the 2E idea feels slapped on at the very end with no actual build-up to it. When they show flashbacks to the death scenes I didn't think, "Whoa, I'm seeing this in a whole new light!" Instead I thought, "Wait... 2B isn't executing him at all, it's his idea..." and it took me out of the moment hard.

9S is Hope now when he wakes up. He becomes god of everything.

They've been working together for around 3 years.

But in ending D the text portion literally says it's 9S's first time working with 2B and his first time meeting her. Before the factory mission he always worked alone. And there's nothing to imply that they worked together longer and he simply forgot that, especially since even after the factory mission he remembered 2B and going on the mission, he just forgot how the mission ended.

You could have always spoiled yourself with a short story.

>implying 9S can become as gods if he wakes up
The factory was a warning.

He's been memory wiped and given fake memories.

But again, there is NOTHING in the game that implies this. Based on purely what's in the game itself, the 2E reveal feels hollow and forced as fuck.

As far as books go, i feel like Ray Bradbury will crush your heart way more after Automata than existentialist fiction. Take There Will Come Soft Rains as a pointer and let feels flow into you.

By the way, have you watched Kaiba? It's probably the closest to Automata mix of existentialism, body-jumping, memory chips and heartfelt love story i can find.

Besides, Masaaki Yuasa is not as much of a dick as Taro. Still a dick though.

>2B and 9S have only been with each other a short time. Route A/B is their first time on a mission together.
Nah. By the way, their run-in with A2 in the Forest Kingdom Castle isn't even their first encounter. A2 slaughtered them both at least once before.
>2B only kills 9S twice.
*three times in game
2B killed 9S several times before, and once 9S almost kills 2B, only for a logic virus to stop him from finishing her off.
>Both times 9S dies it's HIS idea to do it
Which is unusual because he initiates his own death sentences in one way of the other in the past. I guess one of the hidden symbolism in Ending D is that 9S rushes towards death once he goes too far.

But you're completely right to think like that because none of what I mentioned is even in the game. They're all in side materials because Taro is a fucking Jew in a Jap's body.

Im sure he wake´s up, but 2B and A2 need to go to find some pieces to repair 9s.

It was my intention to read up on it because I want to understand the game's themes better.

That's why the Japanese only side stories are there for.

It seems that problem is that he doesn't want to wake up so they will need to shout really loud.
With auditory, maybe.

is the mining and moddin group even active? I just posted in it

9S is on the robogay homospace fagparty orgy bus
He's no longer in his own body, his soul has moved to another planet.

>hacking complete

>9S is on the robogay homospace fagparty orgy bus
The only confirmed spoiler is 2B hearing his voice about that he didn't go.
How it can mix with the unconfirmed spoilers about him not waking up, i dunno.

9s can have two souls, one inside the Pod.

> A2 slaughtered them both at least once before.

sauce ?

Concert material. One of 2B's and 9S's first encounters with A2 leads to both of them getting Caim'd by A2.

>at some point he will realize that he wants back to Earth
>he will find a nearly broken 2B who spent ages trying to heal him

Okay, sure, but that's still part of my complaint. That information should be in the game. Any game should be self-contained, barring information given in preceding games of the series, and you shouldn't have to read a bunch of short stories and novels to get essential information like that.

>none of what I mentioned is even in the game.

If it were, I think that would vastly improve the impact of that scene. Even if it was just hinted at in text logs, or told in weapon stories, or told in little in-between things similar to the picture book sequences without revealing that the stories are about 2B and 9S's previous time together. Just ANYTHING in the game to communicate this, no matter how subtle.

It is in the game but it's all subtext that you probably wouldn't pick up on without knowing about it beforehand.

Okay but like. Actual sauce. An image or something.

Man, 9S was kinda retarded with that stuff.

>It's nothing, machines don't think for themselves
>What are they saying, 9S?
>"OH GOD, THE ANDROIDS ARE KILLING US, RUN AWAY!"
>hmmm. I wonder why they're saying these things.
>*proceeds to kill all the machines*
>no idea. just random data.

I couldn't decide if it needed more subtlety or if it was worth just being hilarious how dumb 9S was. I suppose it did a decent job of illustrating the propaganda/brainwashing aspects of YoRHa.

>A giant screen is revealed during Weight of the World with a rhythm game the audience has to play to get 9S to wake up

>Rhythm game just gets harder and harder while the audience tries to keep up, and after 40 minutes they've all given up and he canonically never gets up.
>Taro comes on stage and laughs at the audience for 25 minutes

I decided to trade and buy the remaining Steam cards for Automata to see if I would get a nice background, but I'm kinda disappointed with this 2B one.

It's really drab.

Just how I felt after finishing the game

>plebbit, pixiv and tumblr are forcing disgusting romance and lovey-dovey SHIT
>Taro single-handedly kills them all with post-ending-E tragedy

Based.

Autism

These threads are head over heels for them too, you fartgobbler. Look at literally the first post.

You kinda misunderstand the whole point. 9S is still alive. 2B is just going to suffer by trying to find a way to wake him up.

Shut up! They're the best couple and need to do lovey dovey stuff at least once in a while!

Just forcing them to sing will be great already.

>there are actually people here who get mad at FFX2.5-tier side material like it's the only canon in the series where a clear canon is impossible because of multiverse bullshit already

IT'S ALL ACCORDS FAULT!
But I kinda want a game like what this user wrote I just want more Accord.

Why is her gook face so punchable?

What makes me mad about the side material is that it contains essential information that informs the story in the game to the point that there's an entire big important reveal during the ending that actually doesn't make any sense or have any impact without having read the side material ahead of time. That's fucking weak.

Because she's cute!

Yeah, this is retarded. I give zero shit about post ending stuff because E denies one certain reading of it by itself, but omitting stuff like 9S committing suicide for the sake of 2B after learning everything during his previous incarnations is genuinely asinine.

Yeah, I watched the anime, it was really good one at that time but all my friends dropped it because of the art style.

Who's going to make them? Not Yoshizawa Mitsumasa?

If Play Arts is in charge for A2 and 9S then it's a damn shame and those figs are going to be hot garbage. They wouldn't even match the quality of 2B's fig.

xthly reminder that One did NOTHING wrong

"A2? I need your aid."

Rekka and some other person are going to bid on the concert book, so they can have/scan it. It's selling for $250+ right now on Yahoo Auctions Japan.
reddit.com/r/nier/comments/677p4s/nierautomata_music_concert_bonus_script/

on a scale of 1-'why live' how perfect is 2B?

She's not perfect at all.
She's a sinner and she will repay for her sins for centuries.

>Play Arts
They might be making it. We don't know tho.

Taro just got himself 250$.

Manufacturer is Square Enix. So no, they won't be be anywhere near as good as the 2B being made by Flare. They should at least be better than the Black Box edition figure but that's not saying much.

I know, user. That's one of the reasons we love her though.

Play Arts is shit and even Griffon could make better figs.

I'd buy all 3 of them if Mitsumasa was making them, I already have some of his figs and they are pretty good.
But Play Arts? Fuck that.

How long would it actually take for it to be delivered to them though ?

Someone needs to scan the original poster in high res quality. That upscale is in potato quality and can't be printed for a good canvas poster.

I'm not sure. Depends when the auction ends.

Maybe Rekka will scan it when she buys the merch.

I hate Emil. He refuses to sell the weapons no matter what I do.

Is this something that japs normally do with games? Seems kinda dumb to me.

No, I think this is a special Yoko Taro thing.

>taro is the one who posted that auction listing
>taro is the one pushing the bid price higher every time some baka gaijin tries to win the auction
>taro lets them win after depriving them of their life savings
So they'll win, but at the cost of everything...

Is Yoko or Taro his surname?

Clemps
>These characters are done well!
>they can be gay, but it's not thrown in your face like people tend to do with characters like that
>LOL DID YOU KNOW I'M GAY OR BISEXUAL AND SHIT! I'M GOING TO POINT IT OUT EVERY 10 SECONDS

Why are lgbbq people like this...?

Most aren't. Well, the handful I've met aren't at least. But some do seem to base their entire identity around it, which I'd why they act like that I assume.

>lgbbq
>people
What did he mean by this?

Dead Couple

Yoko

cute couple

You know, I liked his goofy humor on his analysis video, but damn those bits were annoying. I'm not saying it wrong to be that but jeez fucko, I get it. You're gay and have accepted it. No need to constantly shout it like a Brad announcing how much pussy he's crushed.

his surname is Yoko

Take him to the tallest tower and fling him so he can fall to the lowest ground

15$ for this new dlc seems fucking ridiculous

b-but it has 3 arenas and Kaine model in it!

Anyone have a imgur album or mega with wallpaper/good fanart? Not the lewd one.

>$15 for this DLC is ridiculous
>get mad at Square Enix for their jewery
>realize you can kill the CEO of Square Enix in the DLC

wat do

I hate to admit that it kinda does... I mean... It's 3 skins that nobody wants (A2's isn't all that bad I guess), and a pointless arena mode. The only reason I want to get it is to potentially support a real DLC coming at some point, but I don't even know if that's realistic.

all the hairsprays are already in the game
imgur.com/a/vvcEu

the arena is the same as the debug arena
the costumes are playthrough-locked

you can probably just drag the .cpk file into your folder and beat the ceo without ever having to pay for the dlc