/rsg/ - Runescape general

Next dxp weekend May 19th edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.comwiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,803,65903630
>BTS
[YouTube] April - RuneScape's Month Ahead
youtube.com/watch?v=2V-0wSDcjJE
>Menaphos update [June 5th]
runescape.com/info/menaphos

Saradomin is the greatest God. Hopefully the people of Menaphos will work with him in order to create Utopia.

How do you mean?

The problem wasn't that it was challenging, the problem was that it was shit gameplay.

Second-worst god just ahead of Armadyl

How would you have changed it to make it better, user-kun?

I didn't mind it.
Day 1, no guide.

How do I mean about what?
Some press release somewhere, might've been reddit, don't remember, don't care, said that they felt the way they made TWW so "accessible", by dropping all the quest reqs that should have been necessary to optional reqs for full rewards was a mistake.
And, current research shows your average normalfag has an attention span less than that of a goldfish. I personally blame smartphones.

>Second-worst
It's okay, there will still be a place in utopia for you.

That hype is nothing compared to what they'll be doing for menaphos

>tfw impulsively tab out every 10 seconds

>rejected by the wand of resurrection
Not pure of fart or noble in any way, just a genocidal pretender.

tfw missing presumed death is less bad than expected for a voiced quest from runegame
sliske is still a dumb edgelord though

The maze was too big and samey with no real gameplay for the bulk of it. It just wasn't fun or challenging

The voiced quests are really good, its a shame they aren't willing to pay to make them anymore.

Do you think you'll be able to get 120 slayer before Menaphos?

The whole purpose of recovering the wand was to revive the centaur race as penance for his past misdeeds. He'll be accepted one day, or maybe he'll pass it along to his
daughter.

Then he's just an asshole using his kid for his own means.
Wonder if she's qt.

>''look at all these friends you've made over the years!
>Three slayer masters, The one that survives is even a literal who
>Random guy that runs a minigame that no one ever has or ever will play
>Hurr big guard that tells you to fuck off if you don't have level 65 strength and attack
>LITERAL FUCKING WHO guildmaster that survives only to return to being a literal who
Cyrius and arguably Hazelmere are the only ones who even come close to being your friends
I bet you think Fate of the Gods, World Wakes or Sliske's Endgame is the best quest in the game

The sixth age was a mistake

i thought we all had 120 slayer already??? user???

Bringing Home the Bacon is horrible.

That never happened

>using his kid for his own means
He wouldn't force her to do anything; he cares deeply for her. I wonder when we'll get more information on her.

>Actually defending one of the laziest copouts in fictional history
Even if you had never met them before it'd still be bullshit because you went and recruited them all and in the end they do fucking nothing, they just eat one attack from Lucien and die. Even FOTG was way better than wgs in all aspects, especially writing. No annoying sections every 2 minutes like wgs either. Boy do I love that underground part of black knight's castle or Movado's base. No good battles either, that includes pre-eoc balance elemental.

But at least wgs is still better than RoTM, hoo boy is that one an even bigger fuck you to the player.

We all pretend that doesn't exist.

>But at least wgs is still better than RoTM, hoo boy is that one an even bigger fuck you to the player.
Why?

>one of the laziest copouts in fictional history
okay that's not even close to true and you know it.

flanking switch on nox staff or imperium core?

>heres a quest that ends in Lucien just ignoring the fact you killed him
>heres several quests setting his species up as borderline demi-gods
>heres several quests and bits of lore about how the artefact he has is incredibly powerful and slayed a god
>look this entire quest is setting him up as incredibly powerful
>heres some quite good mostly human warriors
>heres an earlier quest stating outright that you'll make one of them die through arrogance
>heres a set up showing that they're attacking him on his home turf
>wtf how did most of them die
Truly the greatest literary copout

who's drawin this shit
i'll pay you rsgp for more

nvm... forgot multiple augmented items is buggy af... staff it is...

>that GE clerk
Wew

He lurks the thread, haven't revealed himself

Probably for the better.

my offer still stands if he's around

The very first thing you have to do is already something more annoying than anything in wgs, dodging fireballs in the jungle. Then there's the mining section, cause everyone fucking loves mining right? Then you do Zemouregal's door code thing AGAIN because you gotta have those if you're going to his place. But that pales in comparison to the biggest screw up, you don't even fight Lucien, some furry baits kill him for you, all you do is fight Khazard for the third time and some generic mooks.
Killing off a shitton of warrior characters without them even putting up a fight? Of course it is. Generally when this kind of bullshit happens anywhere else it's usually due to something huge like a reboot or just an alternate universe spinoff, or maybe it's the end of the series and the hero is the only one left to defeat the bad guy, but at least they put up a fight most of the time.
>>heres several quests setting his species up as borderline demi-gods
>>heres several quests and bits of lore about how the artefact he has is incredibly powerful and slayed a god
>>look this entire quest is setting him up as incredibly powerful
>but it makes sense in a realistic power level discussion so it's okay that they're all lazily killed off instantly in the most anticlimatic moment in the game and makes your whole recruitment completely pointless, not to mention makes the quests you did before feel like a fucking joke where these characters suddenly become throwaways, especially Hazelmere

>whole recruitment completely pointless
Its not pointless, they save your life. If they didn't arrive and sacrifice themselves the player would have cutscene died for real.

Hazelmere's death had been set up by Path of Glouphrie and he died a worthy death while most of the others were literally who's.

>they save your life
they just stand there while you hide at the top of the monastery, then Lucien fucks off.

You seriously think this is the worst copout in fiction? Fine. Two words for you.

GS Ball

>You seriously think this is the worst copout in fiction?
One of the worst doesn't mean the worst.

Please explain.

What's wrong with this? Well, besides the autism boots.

My assumption is he's talking about the GS Ball from Pokemon, which was literally never mentioned again after like 2 episodes, even though it was originally the entire purpose for Ash traveling into the next region at the time.

It's a Macguffin that's the whole center of the plot for 50+ episodes of the Pokemon anime. Then it just gets dropped off with an NPC and never mentioned again.

>180 QP
>all that hydrix junk
>God bow (1.2 bil)
>those combat stats but still

That's not to say I think the GS Ball is the worst copout in fiction, my vote on that front goes to the fate of Crono and friends in Chrono Cross.

don't even mention that game.

>expecting a toy commercial to care about its plot

>godbow and those stats
>180QP
Bondfag

Is there anyone here who still pays for their mem with money and not bonds? I'm nearly maxed, but I don't care enough about making gp to pay for it with bonds.

Me

>dxp placement one week away from the end of the first redeemed twitch keys
Jewgex trying to lock the returning players

Me, you only really need bonds if you're short on real life cash or don't work. Otherwise a few hours work pays for membs.

Hmm. Which is better this or OSRS? I haven't played RS since classic. My screen resolution is huge so OSRS is tiny. Is RS3 good enough of a game? I like it's resolution size.

If you last played classic you won't have the nostalgia for OSRS so you'll probably enjoy RS3 more once you get into it.

Me, the time it takes me to get money for 1 month membership, i could pay for a few years membs from my paycheck

>t. shitter

Friendly reminder that Rubber Toe is a spic, Lady Tinder is a roastie and Discord is only used by cucks

This desu senpai I find making money irl easier than in runescape

Its not even that its hard making bond money, I'd just rather spend my runegame time not worrying about bonds.

>260 edimmu
hnnnnngggg
Is there any better task?

Fucking love edimmu

I put mine on singularity so I can still use praesul mainhand

I do, I could easily pay for it with ingame gp but I don't want to.

Really? I fucking hate them, they went straight to the blocklist after I got Eddy.

I agree with But I just kill them with nox longbow I'm too scared to use cannon and try to aoe a bunch

yeah i think ill do this thanks

So I've gotten good auras (accuracy, penance, berserk auras, dark magic), and now I have spare loyalty points. Can anyone recommend me have any 'kind of useful' auras to buy?

JoT.
Reverence is a decent cheap one for when penance is on CD.

jack of trades for sure and get the highest level you can afford, plus auras for whatever skills you're working on/need to work on

Similar question to this, is supreme ranging accuracy useful anywhere ever, or should I just keep master

>dxp is less than a month
>I still havent recovered and rebuilt enough supplies from the last one

Shit

Nex, AoD, raids, RotS is all I can think of where it's useful

Thanks

>Menaphos is mid level content aside from a slayer dungeon
>implying there are mid level players

All this hype for DOA content

Especially when mid level shitters dont even quest

we already knew that it was nothing high except slayer, they even said a long time ago that you wouldn't need many things to enter the city.

God those fireballs were infuriating

How is it doa if it has the highest slayer master and dungeon? If anything that alone makes it relevant and an important, constant visit for people training the extremely popular slayer skill.

>implying there are mid level players
>what are ironmen, who are constantly being made even today

>DXP starts May 19th
>have drill that weekend, and leave for it the day before

I'm honestly really relieved that I won't feel like everything I do that weekend is xp waste.
Sweet freedom.

what's the last time a new town was put into game, prif?

Crondis, Scabaras, who are the other 2?

who here /filthy rich/

Apmeken and Het maybe? I'd guess apmeken is back right and left is Het since its clearly not going to be Icthlarlin or Amascut

Oh this explains why you don't need all the desert quests to enter, the more you do the more shit you'll unlock inside Menaphos.

>prif community remains unfracutured.
>menaphos becomes a prif for everyone else
>literally every other town is dead content and abandoned

I mean it's not like the rest of the map wasn't barely populated ever since Prif, but it's sad seeing most gameplay happen in two towns

arposandra when?

Oh, that makes me happy.

Is there anything special about the Grindan clan? Do you guys PVM much and have a discord? I know you have crazy daily gains but thats about it. I just left my clan and was looking for a community that could help me instead of me helping filthy scrubs 24/7.

IGN is numski, some of you from warbands might know me.

the fuck.

It's a tier 7 citadel without the autism that comes from other clans about maintaining the citadel. That's about it. You can find people in the clan to PvM with, but the point of it is simply avoid clan autism

>avoid clan autism
That doesn't seem too hard, I can guest for a bit.

>doesn't seem too hard

I challenge you to find another top ranked clan that doesn't have rank drama, citadel bitching, or absurd joining requirements.

What can Jagex do to bring back activity across the map?

I didn't mean it like that nigga. I meant its not hard for me to avoid autism.

Delete Priff.

Become a dating site.

How would that change anything?

>Delete Priff.

There is only one solution. They need to cut the amount of servers to about half of what they have now. Here's where the challenge comes in though, while 90% of the map is dead, that other 10% is still populated on most worlds. These areas would need to be fixed in a way to still have as many resources as are available on the amount of servers we have now.

cut the worlds in half and delete all instances of things

people might complain about getting crashed in gwd1 but that's the fun part