Just called the guy and going to look at it after work...

Just called the guy and going to look at it after work. Talk me out of blowing a poorfag paycheck on a rustbucket muscle car

Other urls found in this thread:

richmond.craigslist.org/cto/6150630690.html
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/porsche-sunroof-coupe/6216959073.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do it op, i assume you're a grown man who makes money to spend on what you want

That looks great for that price.

do it fgt, cheap old muscle won't be around forever

>72
eh, not my favorite year but if the engine is is decent shape and its not about to turn into a giant pile of ironoxide dust you can't beat a $1200 presmog V8 muscle car

Here in Canada, I'd never be able to get a 72 Chevelle for $1200 US. That's a fucking steal even for a somewhat clean body.

as it falls apart more and more, Jury-rig the shit out of it and turn it into a Mad Max style rat rod

Fuckin do it. Cheap af and easy to get it running assuming he's telling the truth. Just don't get gyped user and you'll do good

Do it, but assume lots of rust, neglect, tweaker repairs and lots of hoon damage. Redneck tweakers destroy old muscle as bad as Mexicans destroy CRX's and 240's

At that price I wouldn't expect any floorboards left.

Buy it and LS swap it, it's basically general mayhem

Fuck that.
Do a 454 swap. You're also going to need a turbo 400 if you want an automatic transmission in a car with decent power.

I wish my paycheck was $1200 baka user, there's a moderately clean 300zx for sale near me and fuccc I want it

Wtf... I can never get anything like that

Yeah, I notice he didn't take any pictures of the dash for instance. I bet half of it's ripped out with wires hanging out of it.

If it even moves it's probably worth it.

Speaking of CRXs. Check this out. I doubt I'd pull the trigger because there's Body rust and that engine has a ton of miles, but it's interesting none the less

richmond.craigslist.org/cto/6150630690.html

Price is OK, don't make it a main ride, and if Veeky Forums is the only place you go for information GTFO to Chevy forums and never look back.

I spend a fair amount of time here and on /diy/ pointing people to serious info because for some unfathomable reason they go here for other than shitposting.

Chevrolet and muscle car forums. NOT HERE.

Fix the body first and get it right. Idiots put off bodywork out of fear then drive niggerized junk until it falls apart.

There's more than enough material to become your own expert so do that. If you aren't fucking fierce at learning to wrench, change. Become what the car needs and you'll become a mechanic, and real mechanics are superior to all others except real bodymen and painters.

Do it. Save the vehicle

Assess the damage.

Learn wiring. It's easy. Don't be fucking sloppy.

Drive something else, for he who makes his project his main ride shall be a pedestrian.

All great things to do with musclecars have been done. Learn them with an open mind.

Shit assuming that the body and frame aren't completely rotten I wouldn't hesitate to buy that. It can be made to run easily enough.

>267k miles on stock engine
>from fucking Blackstone
>$1800
Only for the shell

If it isnt a complete shit heap id buy it. Thats a great price so id be wprried about what else is wrong with it.

Saw this earlier today. Seems like a sweet deal.

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/porsche-sunroof-coupe/6216959073.html

That's a good deal OP. In my area you couldn't get a rusted out shell of a 72 malibu for under $5000

eh

Hey Veeky Forums looking for a new used car, currently driving a audi a6 01. I want something that is boxy in style, light, easy to work on.
> pic related I want something similar to this

Datsun 510

Fucking buy that shit nigga. Id do anything to own that, wrench on it and go out to the country and tear up that asshole farmer's gravel road

He might be paid monthly

That is super cheap for a Malibu. Might be a scam. A shell in that condition is probably worth at least 3-5K in California.

It is still cheap if it is rusted to shit. Let us know if you don't buy it.

Yeah, I'd definitely get it on a rack and see how badly it's rusted out. If it can get on a rack at all...