They won't survive the Night Battle Edition

Current events (check in-game Events tab for details):
1 win in a CL/DD/CV for 5 smokes.
1 win in a BB/CA/SS for 5 smokes.
50 main artillery hits for 90 merit.
Shoot down 20 planes for 90 merit.
5 wins T6+ for smokes.

> What is this?
Steel Ocean is a multiplayer arcade game focused about warships from World War 2 era.

> Steel Ocean Info
en.steelocean.vludus.com/Main_Page Any way I can play with (You)?
steamcommunity.com/groups/UnityThroughSterns
"NA clan: No Botes Allowed"
We have a clan in the game. Find it on the fleet page and then click application button. Post IGN in thread to get accepted.
Also post a meme.

Tech Trees: German, Burgers, Japan, & British pastebin.com/uwYjZKzJ

>Commander calculator & DD, BB and Cruiser Comparison
An easy way to come up with commander setups without having to deal with the clunky UI. If you have any issues explain them in the thread.
pastebin.com/JYfbLwJN

FREE STUFF: pastebin.com/1gBWLXr8 = Repulse (T5 British Premium BB), Thanksgiving, and Anniversary gift Packages. (Port Slots, Silver, Commanders)

Launch from links in there. Once in game go to Claim, then Storage, Non Battle items, click 'use'

Events: (11am-1pm & 6pm-8pm PST)
Sunday: 5v5
Monday: Helena Overlord
Tuesday: Fleet Battles
Wednesday: Fap to botes
Thursday: 5v5
Friday: Scenario mode
Saturday: Fleet Battles/Helena Overlord

Kantai Collection posting allowed.
Feel free to talk about all botes here.
If you have any questions, post them in the thread or read the links.
Remember to love your botes.

Previous Admiral:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-hb0U4z3DmzjN7frIbRRwYTnAjctBePPZddtHU3fy5W71Jw/viewform?usp=sf_link
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-fouling_paint
media.mit.edu/videos/mindell-2002-12-03/
techtv.mit.edu/videos/15829-between-human-and-machine-feedback-control-and-computing-before-cybernetics
wordcounttools.com/,
youtube.com/watch?v=Dl-BizIDeVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

which of these guys that you see here are good for a japanese scouting DD? i aint got a lot, so i gotta make due.

Far right, second row 3 star Arashi into your radio seat (headphones) as he provides quite a boost to spotting.

okie dokie

Cute duck.

shiRATsuyu

wait i forgot to ask, is the rest of the crew good? just switch in arashi?

well part of it is you can pick and choose what stats you want to prioritize but in the case of the Radio seat, some commanders have a significant boost to spotting or sonar when in that seat. Arashi is +500m spotting range. Nott P2W or OP since everybody gets him when they hit T2 Destroyers.

And some other commanders also provide the '+spotting range when in Comms' and you could choose to use one of those if you had them, but I do not believe you do.

Smug-Cybiz-face commander in your engineering seat is liked by quite a few here I think.

And the gunner so could be whatever. For example: You have Gunther, sub commander 4 stars.
He has 1% disguise and Torpedo Ready which is a 'on torp hit = faster reload' which is nice.
And when Gunther was leveled and you ever decided to try out submarines you'd have a great sub commander good to go.

However Chiaki ain't bad for the offensive bonuses he gives such as turret traverse and accuracy, along with 15% more AA&MG damage.

Oh, and Luckner is effectively required on DD's at least because he is the disguise king. While most commanders provide 1-2% disguise passives, he provides 5% and 2% if upgraded to 3 stars, which you have done. AND AGAIN, that isn't Pay to win, or OP because everybody gets him after 1-2 matches.

TL;DR Arashi adds +500m spotting if in the comms seat. Some other commanders do too but you don't have them.

Your other guys are fine enough, maybe consider using Gunther 4* but optional since Chiaki provides some nice bonuses of his own that help a bit against DD's, and quite a bit against planes.

But the choices are yours really regarding what stats to go for besides disguise and +spotting

is there anyone who gives more than 500m spotting? who would you put in comms? ive been trying to get kimura kazuo.

I know a few do +450 or so, but I do not think it goes above +500 for a single passive.

>Paint yourself as The Incredible Hulk
>Go to wash it off after the fun is over
>It is military grade paint designed for Submarines

How does one even get their hands on that kind of shit?

wew that fuckin sucks

dont let the thread die while NA is schleep, euros

That size difference though.

If you can get Kazuo to drop he's a great choice

Cute

Just shut the game down

Just cap and bait the subs to come for you while the DDs >hopefully do their job.

It's obviously easy.
But it's a shit match regardless.
MM is getting worse by the day.
Servers shut down when?

It's not getting worse, it as shit as always. You're just receiving a fresh reminder about it every time.

The number of retarded matches has definitely been increasing massively. Especially those where MM thinks sub=CV. Sometimes 6 or 7 matches in a row will have these CV/DD/SS shenanigans even when I queue solo.

dude
just play cvs
lmao

Takao vs Des Moines, is one straight up better than the other? Or should I get both?

Also is the Shimakaze worth it?

and why do we get the 2AA version instead of the not 2AA version

Just play both lines. Personally I prefer Takao.

Shimakaze isn't dogshit, but all other T9 DDs are better

the sheer number of long lance tops doesn't put it over?

Bit of history on the Dazzle Camo designs

Torps are useless

>there will never be a bote game where dazzle camo makes your ship easier to spot but the enemy only sees an approximate position

you can do big damage on unsuspecting ships, they're nice to have, especially when you can drop a wall of 15

>3 days of VIP
Not bad I guess.

Nice. Had that occur a few days ago

'no'

so do you guys just not use torps

You just shoot spreads into smoke to maybe force them to move or zone them or use them against subs. As such, the quality of the torps doesn't matter, just that you have some. DDs aren't allowed to have fun in this game, their role for spotting is too vital because most of the time teams will have only a single DD. Trying to deal torp damage to a capital ship will lose you the game. Especially in Tier 9.

The most important attributes for a DD in this game are gun damage and range, spotting range, durability and maneuvaribility. Removing the enemy DD is the best way to win.

Sometimes it's just sad

so then i should keep playing german DD's but i was told they are some of the worst at spotting.

They have 50m less spotting, that's absolutely nothing

oh. well im gonna become the best torpedoer there ever was to prove a point to nobody at all. i think german DD's are really ugly and have ugly names so id rather play IJN

Roster is pretty much done, but there's still a bunch of shit I need help with.
1. BaBBy or Flanking BB
2. Thank you for your post and continued support of the game is too long of a name for the maximum of 45 characters. We could go either with abbreviating it entirely like in the pic or shortening it to Thank you for your continued support as I had originally intended.
3. Who's going to be the face of Fap to Botes Day. It was Yodo last season, but I'm considering making a condescending Yodo the face for >60% WR Shitters. Z3 could be an alternative, but I intend to use her for Wunderfloat, unless otherwise desired.
4. Medals. Cat Herder was leading comfortably for captain in the first poll before reset, so I'm not going to put that spot up for contention despite the fact that I voted differently.
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-hb0U4z3DmzjN7frIbRRwYTnAjctBePPZddtHU3fy5W71Jw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Also, since PES 17 has portraits, if there's something in particular that you want to see as a portrait, don't hesitate to tell me.

For the most part, the lines are balanced. So if a particular nation or ships' history interested you, you can choose it without much worry about the line being shit or not.

Each line might have strengths and weaknesses, but usually the weaknesses are not that bad. Like mentions with Ger DD's.

Or Japanese BB's having the highest alpha damage but not the best Penetration and usually slowest BB reload. Keeps it balanced

why not make the portrait of fap to botes shimakaze, isnt that the meme one? the one everyone and their mom jerks off to with or without penis?

Shimakaze is F U T A D I C K S.

oh, iite.

>Thank you for your post and continued support is precisely 45

Fap to botes day could be a wall or cube-head that some teams use with pic related. And I agree, the Yodo character fits the 60% WR position better.

But if it's got a dick, is Shimakaze male or female? Trap or no trap?

its got a dick...so male. i dont even know why people give shimakaze a penis, maybe its the stocking legging things.

I guess a cube head COULD be used, but that pic would be unintelligible. Single head possibilities I'm considering are Haruna, Akizuki and Bismarck. Alternatively, I guess a cube head with 5 pics of your choice could work.

do you actually get to use mogami's sheer number of planes in game?

No

is it because its the 1935 version or did the chinese overlords not want to give us that gimmick

dunno

I think it's because of being the 1935

i bet if they made a Mogami 1943 itd make some money, it would be an interesting alternative to the Ise BBV, and maybe make it the ultimate BB buddy.

But we'll never get it.

oh

That would be neat. What tier would it be do you think?

well, it seems to be worse in every way to the 1935 Mogami at the cost of having 11 planes, so maybe a tier less than the one in game.

forgot to add this to my psot

oh nope wait, we got more AA. i still think it should be a tier less though.

Well that could be an interesting ship then.

Either boosting flight deck size for the purposes of the game, or simply having access to more scouts and AA.

shootmedead is a fucking cuck

why is that

What happened?

Can you convince him to stop shilling in our general, and getting defensive when we tell him to fuck off.

oh ye i forgot he plays wows. yeah i dunno, i used to play wows and even i couldnt stop his shilling. his dedication/autism knows no bounds and i dont think he will stop until WoWS dies or he can somehow convince a lot of people to come play this game instead.

Subs a best

does anyone wanna make a fuckbucket platoon, unlocked her, havent played her yet. i know shes easy mode seal clubber but i like to play with pals.

It's probably highly mutagenic too.
Better not have kids and check for cancer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-fouling_paint

>fuckbucket

thats her name dude

In 10-20 minutes maybe.

ill be here

Most interesting for anyone into control systems, including those in WW1/2 naval warfare

media.mit.edu/videos/mindell-2002-12-03/

The above does not properly work in Firefox. Alternate presentation at:

techtv.mit.edu/videos/15829-between-human-and-machine-feedback-control-and-computing-before-cybernetics

>it's actually a seal I haven't seen in ages

ive had the hankering for naval combat and i only got 2 options that doesnt involve strategy games

I thought I recognized this style and lack of capitilization. It really is him

>game crashed

oy vey

Delete this you antisemite.

I never realized that Jews are the only ones who still hate the Roman Empire for their handouts of extremist ass-whooping and smalltown-eradication..

>Check the timing of post, and what transpired in WoWSG

That wasn't me m8, I was passed out and sleeping.
1. I don't link directly to the general.
I'm more the one to post in detail, why a person should be open and available to trying both games out instead of following the mindset of most WoWS players of "YOU CAN ONLY PLAY ONE EXCLUSIVELY!!" Despite them both being free to play.

2. If the post takes less than 60 seconds to read according to wordcounttools.com/, and doesn't make you think of this scene with each post: youtube.com/watch?v=Dl-BizIDeVs
it probably isn't me posting on WoWSG.

Though I had posted a total of three times in your previous thread.
>1st was 94 words
>2nd was 230 words
>3rd was 198 words

TL;DR Not sure who the guy was, but it wasn't me.

what are the highlights of the IJN DD line, aside from the fubuki? i just want the akizuki but maybe the grind will be fun.

Kagero and the ducky are hilariously strong,the rest of the ships are decent so you'll have a fun grind.

what puts the kagero a step above the rest?

T9 guns on a t7, even the easymode wunderfloats respect that shit.

also do you know of any ships that make CV players want to reconsider their choices when they face them? so far ive got

Baltimore
Des Moines
and Akizuki

Iowa
Atlanta
Most of the bong BCs
Yuubari
Ise BBV
Ooyodo makes them consider suicide because it has about the same AA as the Iowa at tier 5.