Which manufacturer makes the best pickup truck in terms of reliability, power and fuel economy?

Which manufacturer makes the best pickup truck in terms of reliability, power and fuel economy?

Ferd Ecomeme

nintendo

Probably Toyota. Ford is second only bc the Ranger isn't manufactured anymore

Toyota, followed by Suzuki, and Ford in third place.

In the US Ford, in the rest of the world Toyota.

Idk, my company truck is a 2004 gmc sierra with 341k miles. People constantly shit on GM, and praise Toyota but the Toyotas break down too.

Im a big chevy fan. You dont see Toyota tundras as work trucks. American trucks dominate the market for a lot of reasons I dont have time to explain why.

its true but when toyota breaks its like alternator breaking but if gm breaks its like transmission shitting up , fully different magnitude breaking down

There's no such thing as the "best pickup". Most are shitty but in different ways. Any of them will be reliable for the first 2-4 years, GM and Toyota will be the most reliable after that. Though the amount of electronics in a modern Toyota scares me.

You shouldn't really be looking at fuel economy with a truck. There's nothing worse than a douchebag truck owner that can't accelerate properly because he can't afford the gas. The differences between engine sizes makes a marginal difference in fuel over a year. The GM's with cylinder deactivation get pretty good mpg's if you keep your foot out of them. Ecoboosts will drink more fuel than a 6.2 if you romp on it.

I'd rather replace a transmission than a frame.

Toyota. American trucks are just fucking stupid

suzuki? explain

Smol easy to work on trucklets, I worked dairy for around 5 years. Any place worth their salt had small suzukis and a solid tractor instead of a big pickup.

Mazda B series

Jimny and Carry, maybe some wierd flatdeck conversion samurais. Forestry guys love their carrys.

I don't know why but Chevy trucks in general, that includes any truck or truck based SUV looks so cheap for the price it's offered.

Whats the point in having a suzuki if it takes a 4stroke to run it?

Ford

In terms of 80s-90s trucks what's the best? Nissan?

80s chevys are god tier as well, for smaller trucks mazda was great

That's a rebadged Nissan frontier

GM, Ford, Mazda, Nissan and Toyota all made good trucks in the 90s. Problem with the Jap trucks is that they've all pretty much rusted away.

Yea probably datsuns, along with hiluxes.

Anyways lets start a new topic...
Flatdeck > Normie deck
>Easier to clean
>Easier to load
>Cheaper
>No paint to get fucked up
>Easy repairs
>Can keep messy shit in it, dogs and calfs and the like
>Way more options, cages, dog boxes. The fucking works.

Still no decent canopies though :^(

A tundra will pull a car trailer with a SUV or event compact truck on it just fine. No they aren't heavy duty trucks but they haul what they're rated for well.

I use my 2005 f-150 Triton for my lawn care job, bad mpg but the big tank makes up for it, still works fine after 122,789 miles, and great power to tow all my gear when coming onto the highway up a ramp.

mind if I ask, how do you stop your shit getting stolen? Do you chain it to the deck, or do you have an enclosed trailer and put your branches and shit on the deck?

My dad has a new F250 crew cab aluminium body with a diesel v8. It gets 21 mpg on the highway

Nissan

Coud Nissan possible steal any more of the F-150's design lines? Ford should sue their asses for outright theft.

Ford diesels are complete shit. The non-ecoboost gas engines are pretty good though.

Are the early 2000 nissan frontiers worth a look?

>toyota breaks its like alternator breaking

God Toyota fangirls are stupid.

>wtf a pickup truck looks like a pickup!!

Ford fangirls, everyone

Yes. VG33Es that are in most first gen Frontiers are one of the most reliable engines Nissan has ever made.

Mazda is king.

>truck ricer

They all work OP. Pick the one that you like the most. It's like how every mid size sedan is right on par with an Accord and Camry nowadays. You pick the one YOU like the most. Some like Mazda6s, some like malibu's or fusions, some like altimas, They all fucking work, and will work for a long ass time.

Honestly I love how Chevy trucks look. This board is fuckstupid for the square wheels meme.

Christ that is the ugliest regular cab truck I've ever seen

Flatbeds really are the best and 90% of the time more useful than a pickup bed

Is that a recover point? Wont that just fuck your shackles?

Mazda kids tend to not be smart.

Speaking of, say ive been offered a cheap canopy. What would be the best way of attaching it to a flatbed.

okay, it will fit inside of the deck. So im thinking ill just sit it in and hold it down with ratchet straps. Anyone here have a canopy, how much use do you get out of it, $90 worth?

But it's still driving. And I bet the drive train is pretty good still.

Spend 30 seconds on the beach and look what happens.

Were going to have self driving electric cars before we have ones with plastic bodies arent we?

This is the most popular American truck in the Middle East.

I park it in a storage lot when I am done, last time I had something stolen when I was working was about a year ago.

No, when your in town. Do you have an enclosed trailer that you keep your mower and shit in?

Newer Tundra will. Older Tundras are a little iffy, my cousin struggles towing his boat over hilly terrain.

I'm of the belief if you want to put stuff in/on the truck bed go Japanese, if you're just going to pull a trailer all the time American is the way to do it.

The hipster's choice

No

So your mower and shit is all in an open trailer or the ute deck?
SJJENEHQQQQQQQ?!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!'mnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>There's at least 10 of them!

whats Veeky Forums's opinion on 90's to early 2000's 4x4 Dodge trucks?

I want a 4x4 truck and I see plenty of them on Craigslist at prices under 3k at pretty good condition.

> Mazda

**rebadged ford ranger

Yep, I live in the country so I don't need to worry about scum stealing from me.

S10, Ranger, T-100

Be prepared to go through the entire front end. Tie rods, ball joints, track bar bushings, those Dodges eat them for lunch. Also check for rust in the usual spots, wheelwells, rockers, cab corners.

Forgot, also from what I've heard the 318 (5.2) is gutless and the 360 (5.9) is decent but drinks gas

it even has nissan wheels

>Veeky Forums fags shit on Nissan trucks but cum over Suzuki trucks that are literally just rebadged Nissans

pick up market is so diverse you need to figure out what you need first then decide what truck meets that criteria best.

Ive always owned chevy because they meet my needs. When i shop i shop all brands but chevy ends up on top with few exceptions.

I have 7 chevy trucks and vans on the road right now. This month im trading one pickup in and buying a van and a truck. Both will be slightly used chevys 30-60k 3-4 yrs old i plan on keeping them 10-15 yrs and driving them 150-200k miles. In that time i will replace the transmission on both. Full brake jobs several times. One rear end will fail. Ive run trucks up past 400k but i think ~250k is the time to get out.

/told.

>Ford
*Rebadged mazda

Trying to find a decent truck to buy.

Everyone IRL says get ford. Everyone on the internet says get chevy instead. Nobody likes dodge. Everyone respects toyota. Never really hear about nissan.

Used to have a 94 nissan hardbody pickup that treated me very well. Nissan frontier really seems the best fit for me.

Would i be stupid/gay to get one? I'm talking 05+ of course.

I'm in the same boat, kinda. I'm leaning more towards a Ford Ranger, though

>read this thread
>no squarebody mentioned
fucking w h a t
for a fullsize truck they're as good as you're really gonna get for an Veeky Forumstist