Noob? Start here:
Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

SU!

First for ADV bike is best bike.

3rd for adv bikes(female)

First for Suzuki a okay

forgot pic

How do we fix the image of bikers as being hardcore and violent people?

Start putting anime slaps on every bike you see

This is the only solution.

Got my back tire off.
Diablo Rosso III comes in tomorrow.
I am excite.
Gonna change the front tire to match next paycheck.

How do we fix the image of bikers being idiotic.
I swear the next person to tell "I had a buddy who died.... " I'm going to slap them in the face.

>I had a buddy who died
>I used to have a bike but got in an accident
>I'd love a bike but they seem so dangerous
>I'd love a bike but my wife won't let me

I had a buddy get paralyzed from the dick down because he got a cbr1k for his first bike. He can walk now after like 2 years and won't even get on a scooter now.

literally this

post scenc

I know someone who broke pretty much everything in his body in a big wreck. He got back on the bike pretty much as soon as he could, despite not having any feeling in one of his legs.

Kill everyone who disagrees

what do you guys use for helmet holder on your bike?

throw it over a handlebar or bought aftermarket hooks or whatever.

post links

Fucking kudzu

If I'm just running into a convenience store or something equally quick I'll hang it on the mirror, other wise I take off the rear cowl and hook the D-ring through the hook.

I have that Helmetlok thing that works for me. But I want a better option.

Very nice.
Why the fuck do people put the helmet on the mirror when there's the handle/throttle? Are you niggers all retarded and prefer to adjust the mirror every single time?

There's a thing under the passenger seat

Heard all of those today, minus the last one.
The one that kills me is not getting back on after an accident.
So the fuck what, man up, learn what you did wrong, get back on.
Doctor told me today I have fluid sacks underneath my kneecap from when I dropped the bike. Still going to ride when the parts come in.

New VFRs are fucking sexy but I can't justify spending the money on one when it's no more a tourer than a sportbike with panniers and risers tacked on and a worse sportbike than, you know, a sportbike.

Also they're a PITA to work on compared to other faired bikes, DIY difficulties or shop fees, whichever you choose

>two cyllinder heads
>super tight packaging
>combined braking system
Everything but the chain and rear wheel, really.

But holy shit they sound good

Only scenc with the bike I have.
I was going to get one in the dunes, but never got around to it.

Johnny you piece of shit i KNOW youre here

Opinions on a -99 Kawasaki ZRX1100?

it depends on how you have the accident

if you're trying to be rossi you get back up and say "oh that's what happens when you do that and this...ow, better not do that again. thinking back that really destabillized the chassis, the bike didn't feel right"

if the bike seems to magically fall out from under you and you didn't get any feedback while it was happening you think "i don't have any talent for riding, bikes are strangle animals and i will only kill myself by sticking with this. i don't know what happened i just broke a bunch of bones!"

This is where I went that day.

Johnny? It's me archie

>Why the fuck do people put the helmet on the mirror when there's the handle/throttle? Are you niggers all retarded and prefer to adjust the mirror every single time?
cool your autism dude

I've never had to readjust my mirror after using it to hang my helmet, and the stalk and mount are strong so it works fine for me.

maybe your bikes mirrors just suck

what?

Johnny rides a kawasaki

Kinda what happened to me.
Fell in a very slow turn.
I know what happened just didn't see it at the time.
Maybe it was growing up on bikes, particularly dirt where crashing is pretty common. Never broke any bones on a bike. I make sure to wear good gear if I know I'm gonna go hard.

like this?

Fairings get in the way of hanging it on the bars of my sportbike

So you're telling me a 1,5kg helmet put on the mirror won't move it an inch even though it's designed to be adjusted by hand?
Cool story.

Cruisercuck reporting in; I use the passenger backrest upright like a mannequin head. If I'm parking I'll just set it on there, and if I'm riding with a spare helmet to go pick up a friend I'll secure it on the upright as though it was a head. If I'm riding two up and we stop somewhere one helmet goes on the backrest like usual and the other goes on the end of a handlebar.

No it's blue

>So you're telling me a 1,5kg helmet put on the mirror won't move it an inch even though it's designed to be adjusted by hand?
>Cool story.
Yes, you spaz!

Is that so hard to comprehend?

Not that guy, but I don't even use my mirror, the wind usually moves it anyway.
There are plenty of reasons you could use your mirror, and it could work if it's tight enough.
I use my back right blinker.

>17553784
then what do you do with the passenger seat?

>Ride four cyllinder bike with a fairing
>Can actually use mirrors at every spot in the RPM range
>Can actually use mirrors in turns
>can fold mirrors in so bike looks like a cyborg rabbit

What's the seat height cutoff for manlets? 32 inches?

>mirrors, lol I don't even use them!
t. paraplegic
No, retard, it doesn't.
Don't you think I put my helmet on the mirror in the past?

My mirrors are pretty stiff, could definitely support a helmet if it was SET on rather than plonked/dropped in place.

See, I just don't trust people not to steal my shit. I've gotten in the habit of bringing my helmet with my everywhere, or taking a bike lock and locking the bitch to my passenger pegs when I know I'll be somewhere the helmet would be annoying to have with me. Spend hundreds of dollars on a nice helmet just to have some piece of shit just walk off with it.

Put it back on to lock the helmet in place

You're probably right.
But I do take in the fact I can't use my mirror when I ride.
I'd like to use it, but I can't, thing that tightens it is fucked, and I've been to lazy to fix it.

Also, pretty easy to comprehend, he has it tight enough so it doesn't move. Bam.

>No, retard, it doesn't.
>Don't you think I put my helmet on the mirror in the past?
Look man, not every bike is your bike, not everyone is going to have the same problems.
For you, putting the helmet on the mirror moves the lens, on my bike it doesn't.
What is so hard to comprehend?

god dammit thats smart.

About how many beers can you fit in there?

I know this feel.
I used to live in a place where I was comfortable leaving my stuff on the bike.
Now I live where there are fuck tons of homeless, so I take everything with me.
Guy at walmart gave me shit about the backpack and helmet, asked if he wanted me to leave it with him and he could be responsible for a few hundred dollars worth of stuff. Proceeded to let in with all my stuff.

>cyborg rabbit

heck 'em.

Not my bike, but on mine I can barely fit the tools and a disc lock. They don't make fat tails anymore.

this is the sort of thing I was taking about here just hook the D-ring and lock the trunk

Yeah but that's a huge hassle, you'll end up having to adjust the mirror half the time at least.
>he
I wasn't talking about him specifically. Not all mirrors are as tight as his, if that's even true.

>Finalizing the details on getting my first smol baiku tomorrow

I'm ready to weedwhack straight to valhalla my dudes

I unfortunately can't do this with my bike. No matter how I try I can't get cowl to sit back on and still lock in place.

Wish they did.
Biggest storage space I had on a sportbike was on an 02 954 I had. Could fit 3qts of oil in it.

It's designed for that.

I can fit a hoodie, a long sleeve shirt, and a rain poncho in the back of my gsxr if I stick stuff into the side of the rear cowl behind the tail lights.

That extra plastic for the tail box adds like, a gram bro. Think of the weight reduction!

You're were just saying you didn't believe him specifically.
And I know for a fact they can be tight enough you need tools to move them. I've had one of those.
And you're just saying what he said, not all mirrors are the same.

What year?

Fuck that, I like storage space.
If I wanted weight reduction, I'd integrate the taillights.
>I actually did integrate them

Yea, there's certain areas or events where it probably wouldn't be a problem, but on a day to day basis? Fuck no.

>the boxy tail makes the bike look too uncool bro t. crotch rocket marketing

I don't trust people either but I live in a decent area and don't frequent ghetto shitholes in addition to my car, bike, and gear all being conveniently lower-middle-class in value; expensive enough that there could be a risk in taking it but cheap enough that it's pretty much not worth even paying attention to let alone taking.

>I take everything with me

There's also this. If I'm going to be inside for a few hours (like at a friend's house) I'll take my helmet with me and not leave anything in the saddlebags. If I'm carrying stuff in a backpack and need to pop into a store or whatever I just wear the bag in and don't act suspicious with it, haven't gotten a word nor questioning look yet.

That's not how mirror adjustments on newer bikes work. The mirror moves on a pivot and the actual mirror stick only folds in or out so you can go from split tuck mode to your normal position in 3 seconds

>Combined braking system.

Please be wrong.

Only from that one guy at walmart has anyone said anything.
I take it all with me unless I'm at work.
Secure parking, and I'm not allowed to bring my helmet inside anyway.
Fuck this city, don't trust no one.

>they can be tight enough you need tools to move them
They shouldn't. Riding on the highway and in the city require to change their position,

I wasn't saying that's how it should be, just saying it happens.
If that is to be the case, see no reason you can't use the mirrors then.

VFRs have had combined braking since 1998

the fucking shit kind where the rear always actuates the front

k6 for that comfy low end grunt, and easy ergos

So I was dead set on getting a Kawi 636 for a long time. Then I got to thinking; the only reason I want the 636 instead of a 599cc zx6r is because I want that extra power. So if I want extra power, why not get a GSXR 750?

Any opinions on the 750? Everyone I've talked to that had one loved it. I'm pretty stoked about the 418lbs wet weight, as well.

It's the best sportbike on the market but it's fucking ugly

Soon

If you get a modern one, the zx-6r will have electronic stuff. If you just want the power the 750 is goat.
cbr > gsx-r > r6 > zx-6r but that's like your opinion man

>Any opinions on the 750
they're good, I would recommend them to anyone considering a 600 for street riding since they weigh about what a 600 does, but with much more low end power.

Yep, just seen it on Wiki.

Literally why.

Why is Honda so keen to spoil every single modern V4 bike they make? RCV notwithstanding but good luck affording that.

I'm going to have to concur with this gentlemans rating.
Other than r6 is about the same as zx6r in like my opinion mon.

>get caught putting idolmasters and narutos on someone's bike
>biker image gets more violent

They put it on fireblade too, albeit a sportier version

All in all it's actually okay for track riding/dry pavement

Also I don't think honda jives philosophically with putting anything remotely similar to their motoGP bike on the public market, so no V4 honda sportbikes for us.

I only like the r6 slightly more because the side fairings look more "full" and don't have the weird edgy shit that the zx-6r has.

Yeah, the new ones are so ugly, 2005 was my favorite recent 750

Ah.
I went entirely off how they felt when I rode them.
To be fair, I haven't ridden anything lower on the cbr line than a 954

too blurry/10
Shoulda gone landscape, then a slightly lower angle to still get in the lit building.

>beating the fuck out of your entire body so hard that your left leg goes completely numb

I was rating them on A E S T H E T I C. I only rode the gsxr

There's actually speculation, based on Hondas recent patents that they are planning a v4 sportbike for 2019, which is Hondas 70th anniversary

If you want to talk looks, the CBR series wins hands down.

They look like ducatis by merit of calling back to the classic honda GP bikes ducati aped in the first places.

Done a lot with a chapter of an MC, lot em let me ride their bikes for helping them out.
Purely sportbike club. Woulda joined if not for the shitty politics and club drama.

If you can manage to not get involved and say "don't care", it's all good

If they want you to care then you can leave

So, it was more politics as in all the bylaws, which created drama.
Every time there was a meeting someone was complaining about this one or that one.
And it was almost like they set the club up as club before everything else.
Fuck that, I'll just ride with a group of friends now and again.
Also, fuckers would crash their bikes down in Mex and I'd have to go pick up them and the bike. And they were always obnoxiously drunk, made it more difficult to get back.

put USB charger for phone/camera on + & - of battery between an on-off switch under buddyseat yes or no?

prefer under buddyseat for camping when not using tankbag, and want to use it without turning on headlights (not optional)

Put it wherever the fuck you want
I use my phone as a GPS so I have my charger mounted near the triple tree