Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/the-delorean-is-coming-back-thanks-to-this-new-law-1755528406
youtube.com/watch?v=C7f9eZCQc4M
youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4
youtube.com/watch?v=uYuBtN_6WCo
youtube.com/watch?v=p472wHJIQco
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbjbdlOp034
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So it'll be basically a Brad new replica? Why the fuck am I going to preorder something we know nothing about?

Is it a new model or the old model or the old model remastered (not reworked)?

What's been modified on that one? It looks sick

Why did they have to fuck up the front? was it not numale enough that they had to squish the face to give it some sense of "current year" styling? fuck!.

does it use the same powerplant
>actually wanting to pay 100 grand for barely 3 digits of horsepower

They might be using old parts left over from the 80's but they should have the equipment to start making new parts as well. A law was passed where they can make 250 new cars a year.

over 50% original parts
some reproductions (front left fenders)
new engine
new cockpit
conforms to modern emission standards

new engine

okay new engine but how much hp
if its still anemic theres no incentive to pay that much

300-400 HP expected

>While GM is an engine option, they’re not the only ones. They’re looking at three possible suppliers, two domestic, one foreign. There’s one favorite though, and the engine that’s the frontrunner is a normally-aspirated V6 making between 300-400 HP. This seems to be the non-American company, and while the company wouldn’t comment, it may well be Japanese. It may be Toyota, but that’s just a guess.

jalopnik.com/the-delorean-is-coming-back-thanks-to-this-new-law-1755528406

2017 interior

>automatic
Dropped

I own an original '81 one. Why buy a second?

That sounds like a VQ

Honestly hope they go with an LS, they small, cheap and powerful

I doubt it's going to be an LS:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7f9eZCQc4M

Doable, but a very tight fit

Yeah but that's a swap versus a new car

crossing my fingers for a vq or toyota gr, that'd be fuckin sweet

They can put that V6 Toyota from the Lotus Evora in it.

I'm not old enough to know but was this car even popular before the back to the future films?

Not really, it was a commercial failure and sold like 9100 units

>2017
>iphone 3g

Nope. Because of the movie's popularity no one gets this any more, but the joke in the first movie was how weird a choice a Delorean was. Back in the '80s the company was known for the cocaine scandal.

DDDMCCC

With the turn signal on it's
:-DDD

Maybe this will finally get the pop culture obsessed zombies to finally realize how shit these cars really are.

back in the 80's, by the time the movies came out, the company had already gone bankrupt and died.

88mph was also a joke, given the shitty power the original put out

Stainless steel is pretty cool desu
No paint job necessary

They sold remade DeLoreans until like 2012. Pretty sure they had the same engine though

Same engine, but it has been upgraded since 2008
>DMC is also offering an upgrade to the engine that includes new stainless steel headers, muffler and tips, ignition system upgrades, a K&N filter, a cold air intake and other parts. The combination results in nearly 200 HP, making it perform at a level that'll allow daily drivers to survive on the highway. A refined sports suspension, featuring new shocks and springs, also helps keep the cars comfortable and sporty.

>They might be using old parts left over from the 80's
I recently saw a video where they have tons of new parts for assembly.

They still have original stock from the 1980s, thousands of doors for instance
Only few parts have become extinct, like the left front fenders. Those are being reproduced now

Shitty meme car

The LGX from the new Camaro V6 is pretty great. Sounds good, revs good, reliable, 340 HP.

Makes no torque compared to the cyclone v6.

>DMC is actually willing to revive an old shitbox, with nearly the exact same look as it was 40 years ago.
>Meanwhile, every other motor company are too busy building cuckmobiles, including those with long a history of making exclusive sports cars.

Is there hope?

>A law was passed where they can make 250 new cars a year
holy shit that's retarded
not like they sell many anyways
maybe it's because of new safety standards and stuff?

You can choose.

They should troll the fuck out of everyone and add a 3rd option for a CVT

If I could get one with Tesla drivetrain/battery in it.

How the fuck did they manage to achieve ever lower build quality than the original car?

that very same engine is the sole reason why the DMC12 is the ONLY MR car on the face of the earth that's immune to snap oversteer.

Caterham is also keeping the dream alive

That's not the new DeLorean.

I'll take 30 more horsepower for 10 fewer torks

Cyclone doesn't sound or rev like a performance engine, it's rental car tier

It won't be an LS. They're looking at V6's.
So far, the confirmed engines that DeLorean is looking at are:
LGX (GM 3.6L. ~335 HP)
2GR-FSE (Toyota, ~300 HP)

Considering it sounds like a VQ, my money is on the GM engine. The LGX and the VQ share very similar designs, using the same V angle, same DOHC, 4 valve per cylinder layout, and the same firing order.
Said firing order, btw, is 1-2-3-4-5-6.
LGX: youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4

PLOT TWIST: IT WILL BE AN ELECTRIC CAR

oh geez, I can totally see this happen. especially with that numale front modification they did and the overall "muh future" theme

how much do the new ones run for State-side nowadays?

$40k for a base model iirc

memey as fuck but actually looks pretty comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=uYuBtN_6WCo

Like that it is low enough for it to be an achievable goal for most Americans willing to save.

For the price though I think I would go for a Morgan 3 Wheeler. Less performance and less "bang" for your buck but it is more of a head turner.

>$40k for a go-kart

Will these be 2018 regulations compliant? Or are we using some 1980s vin-number loopholes?

Will the engine still be shit?

What you posted is just some italian pimp my ride shit

youtube.com/watch?v=p472wHJIQco

because that's just a shitty TV show prop

>low volume run

I think that's how they get through this. High volume probably has bigger regulation problems.

The speedo topped out at 85mph kek

>Like that it is low enough for it to be an achievable goal for most Americans willing to save.
no it isn't. For that price, you could get a V8 Camaro. no one except the rich faggots looking for a toy will pony up the money for a $40k go-kart.

10/10

years old concepts

according to the recent low production manufacturuers law that ALLOWS them to do this, they HAVE to use an engine from a big manufacturer that meets emissions. it's currently known that they've been talking to GM and Toyota about supplying new 300+ HP V6s.

here it is in English you fucking commie
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbjbdlOp034

muh literal dick

>40k

holy shit, if true that means i can afford one

thank god I didn't get a brz

guess cocaine is back in fashion

Not rental car at all neither is the chebby v6 ever drive a chrysler pentastar?

Wow this is awesome. Let me just cancel my preorder of the Elios and Ill put it on this.

just checked the blog, hasn't been an update since october 2016

thanks for getting me excited for nothing :(

>implying that's a long time for auto manufactures, especially from a boutique manufacturer making glorified kit cars

>automatic with a rotary selector
AAAAAAND IT'S FUCKING RUINED.
Seriousy WHY did they not feature an 80's shifter like pic related for FUCK'S SAKE? The automatic is bad enough, but having to control your car by turning some cheap brittle recycled chinese button is just fucking pathetic. Why can't car makers do anything right at all?

because they're modernizing the damned car moron.
Personally, instead of touting a rotary knob shifter, why not do what Fiat did for the 500e and make the shifter push button?

>modernizing
They've already modernized it enough, don't you think? The 80's shifter could've made a nice retro addition to the otherwise generic as fuck interior. Because seriously, what sets this interior apart from all the other bland and tasteless 2017 interiors?
Also
>make the shifter push button
This has to be bait.

>This has to be bait.
You
re less ;ole;y to fuck up a push button transmission. And it is a wonderfully retro feature.
late 50's Chryslers were famous for it.

Normally the EPA and NHTSA require that a manufacturer provided a certain number of vehicles from safety and emissions testing. This is a significant hurdle for low-volume production. A few years back a law got passed which creates a specific category for low volume, allowing them an alternate path to certification for sale for models with fewer than 350 produced per year.

>pull into home garage
>push P button to park
>button disappears into dash
>panic

Is this the same law some JDM importers were attempting to claim when they tried sending R34s over in pieces and assembled them here?

Why do you need a huge lever for an automatic transmission? To pretend that you're actually in control of your car?

It's nice to have a physical level directly connected to a transmission over an electronic dial. Same reason why people prefer physical ratcheting handbrakes over a button you push.

Fair enough. I've driven a brand new Audi recently and it had a push/pull button handbrake. Terrible.

>Squarish, manly fronts
>Nu-male

Go back to driving you hippie happy gay smiling Miata, fag.

>tfw the success in sells of this car causes modern car design to go back to the retro style
>tfw when will be running in the 90's in the 2020's.

Please God no the 90s was so shit

Too late

Estimated retail price $100,000

A giant aluminum knob in the middle makes it feel even more like a spaceship and not a Fiero

Shiet, guess I can convince my dad to buy one

Who the fuck is going to pay 100k for a fucking automatic car?

quality post friend

Yeah, I am not trying to meme here. It's an honest question.

t. underage

So you have 100k, and are into cars. So you go ahead and spent the entire 100k on a fucking shitbox that you don't even get to enjoy the feeling of driving it, because it's a fucking autogragic piece of shit, and I am the underage?
Nigger, I can buy a fucking Ferrari Testarossa for that money. A FUCKING FERRARI 512M TESTAROSSA. A 100 times more iconic, sexy and retro car. You know, the one that Scarface drove!??? Rather than a fucking aluminium shitbox made by a crazy pedophilie nerd and a cuck with a guitar.

>hurr durr I drive manuel because it want to be spiritually and sexually connected to my car

t. underage

>I spent 100k on a car because I just want something that drives me from point A to point B

t. mentally challenged nu-male.

>nu-male
t. underage

Most 100K cars are automatic. It's not 1991 any more.

I literally cannot stop laughing, my tummy hurts. God bless I don't live in America, where I would have to share a country with you people.
Oh dear, god bless.

i think you meant the 80's

Since you seem to be new, allow me to shit on your parade a bit.
The majority of high end supercars are automatic. For performance reasons, even.