Thoughts on optima batteries Veeky Forums?

thoughts on optima batteries Veeky Forums?

meme

Very expensive, not sure if worth it (like synthetic lubes.)

Better off getting Xstatic Batcaps

>like synthetic lubes
those are 2x as expensive but last 2x as long

BUILT TO LAST

DURALAST

Used to be good, but no longer are.

when we built this car we used an optima redtop battery, because HEY THEY'RE FREE GET OVER IT

Hype

Optima used to be god tier, now its made in mexico.

Get one of these

>deep cycle battery

>labels

>>labels

Is there a non shit car battery?

i bought my battery from the dealer
it was reasonably priced.
they are all made in some chinese giga-factory that poisons the millions living downstream. ts.

>Is there a non shit car battery?
Batteries are a commodity item. Unfortunately, Optima prices theirs like a boutique shop. Optima batteries claim to quality fame came from them being the figurehead leading the way to AGM batteries many years ago when liquid acid batteries were the main type of batteries going into everything. Optima didn't outgas the acidic vapor and became known for that feature. It thus became sought after for car audio sound systems, home security systems, and marine applications.

It used to try to be affordable, but then the company seemed to decide it would make more money by pricing itself higher because the great majority of its customers were somewhat price insensitive.

Varta, Bosh

Just bought a yellow top for the willys. Work at advance auto so discounts. Waiting to get another one and drill out a stud and fire the Jeep up. Had some autocraft golds but realized they weren't agm and traded them in. Got the yellows for the deep cycle capability and the fact that optimas are supposed to go longer between starts without damaging the battery.

I was shopping for bateries and notices Vartas were made in Colombia or some shit, are they still good?

Optima batteries are good but require special charge procedures that essentially boils down to dont trickle charge for more than 24 hours and dont fast charge them. They start hard and when fully charged have a long charge lifetime. I drove my integra and hour or more home with a missing alternator belt because it snapped and I never had any issues. People use them on track cars because you can run the car for an hour or two without an alternator. For most cars its overkill unless you have alot of electronic gismos added on to your car. Overcharging them will kill them and if you overcharge them too much they can explode. But thats a rare case. That an issue with all agm batteries though.

>Bosh
holy fuck kill yourself
it's "BOSCH"

AGM batteries are god-tier, especially in cold climates. There are other options but I have had great experiences with Optimas.
Cold Cranking Amps are not a meme. A high value there means less voltage drop when the battery is under a high load.

>down to dont trickle charge for more than
Isn't this the rule for all AGM batteries? They don't have the same amount of liquid that a conventional battery has. So when electrolysis occurs from charging, the battery depends on some sort of gas collector and catalyst to recombine the gases back to liquid??? If it doesn't do this, then that amount of liquid is lost forever.

tfw duracell
dont remember the last time i replaced my battery

not liquid, gel.