/ORG/ - No bully edition

Welcome to /org/ where we post off road rigs and of adventures in off road rigs. Speaking of off road rigs this new user posted in the last thread and was ignored.

>I don't have the copy pasta saved sorry.

Happenings from last thread:
>Goat pictures
>Lifting Toyotas
>Ripping fender flares off with trees
>6.5 sperg
>More toyota arguing
>user posted his jeep and got ignored

Other urls found in this thread:

amarillo.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-rav/6228255584.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's my jeep!

Gotta ask...
What's going on with the gas cap? Is that an antenna mount or something? Did you paint it yourself?

It's exactly what it looks like, a flag mount drilled directly into my gas door. It's all rattlecanned so we thought why not go for ultimate rust bucket look and attached a whip on the gas door and are using a strong magnet to keep the door shut when we go on excursions.

and don't worry, I already ordered a proper whip and mount from amazon yesterday

Nice! You take it on sand dunes then? Any other plans for it down the road?

Took it up to the dunes in Barstow and she's actually fairly decent in the sand. I usually go on mountain terrain though. Next up is a skid plate and better suspension down the road. The picture in the op is the day we found a set of highway tires at the junkyard and took it hooning in the flatlands up in anza borrego until the treads gave out.

I'm pretty drunk and high, and I just went through wifey's camera looking for some decent pics. Gonna drop some on ya's.

Yankee Girl Mine

Navigator's eye view from Goat interior.

Off road specific

At 12,000 ft, there's still snow. This is the approach to Ice Lake.

Aforementioned Ice Lake

Trails to and from lake. Hurricane Pass behind, California Pass ahead.

Near Animas Forks

Marmot and wildflowers

American fucking Basin

It's even better in person.

Fast doggo in spokesman mode. Visit beautiful Ouray!

Can't take a piss without a marmot staring at your junk.

Columbines in the basin.

this picture is a beaut

I like these pictures

Pretty much tapped out now.

Goat and moose, again.

If y'all are enjoying, I'll grab another cup of 日本酒 and post some more.

Please do

Requests? Have more of vistas, wildlife, flowers, shots of basin.

Comfy campsite. Goatherder and doggo.

Vistas are always good, what type of sake are you drinking

Looking to get another toyota. Eye on a 98 rav4 and '99 tocoma.

Any tips or whatevers? Really wanting a DD i can take into the mountains on weekends

Vista!

Kinokuniyabunzaemon

It's a decent junmai.

Moose close-up.

Wouldn't that Rav4 be AWD? If you're gonna do more than service roads I'd look for a true 4x4.

Perfect depiction of "treeline," the altitude at which trees can't grow anymore. It's tundra above that.

Mo vistas.

More trails

Some flowers

There might be a comfier campsite somewhere in the USA, but I ain't seen it yet.

Landscape shot

Close moose is close.

Here's the listing

amarillo.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-rav/6228255584.html

it says 4x4 but the parts department to upgrade it for better OR'ing is lacking...still looking for ideas and what not

>1vista4u

Dammit.

Majestic son of the noble wolf, returned to its natural environment.

It's AWD. Seller don't know the difference betwixt AWD and 4WD.

Thanks. Was about to cuck myself I think.
looks like a 4runner or tacoma for me then

Don't discount Suzuki. Sammies and Sidekick/Trackers are cheap and have a decent aftermarket. Low on HP, but light. Great mpgs.

I'm done. I'll finish with a repeat from last thread that I quite liked. Sorry for taking over the thread, but I hope you enjoyed it.

They would be fun for the price, sure. But what about power and cargo? Plus I want a good daily too that'll last forever and not make me feel like I'm gunna die if I wreck it.
That being said, what are the comfy years for them Suzuki's?

I use my as my daily. It's small, but I took out the back seat and can fit stackable boxes for camping (wife, doggo, and camp shit).

Power is ok at normal altitudes. Nothing to write home about, but it's light enough to not need much. Over 8000 feet it will struggle uphill at highway speeds (45 to 50 mph tops).

The Sammies are solid front axle and can do crawling. Not a great daily driver.

Sidekicks or pre-98 Trackers are independent front suspension. Better for daily driving, good for rubble type roads, can't really rock crawl. The ones closer to 98 will have more airbags and safety features. They're still pretty tin can though, so be a cautious driver. The shit about them being rollover prone is overblown.

Forgot to mention. The 1.6L in the Trackkicks is super easy to work on and pretty much bullet proof. Most people engine swap a Samurai to the 1.6L from the Trackkick. You can also drop a Chevy 3.4L in a Samurai, with a little sweat and cursing.

How would one go about building something like this?

Slowly progressing on the 40.. works taken over the majority of my time.

I'm from yurop, would really like something beaten up like this just with tall mt tires.

John Mcafee drove something similar, could be seen in the video where he was making threats to Sinaloa cartel.

Bangin' as fuck

All adorable.

Dude why. (not complaining tho, desu)

lookit the doggo

ikr

i zoomed in here

y tho

y not?

Kek, I've satin that old truck before.

Is that an olds?

yes

Wifey's camera had a better doggo shot, for those into Doggo.

you should lift the rear end

i liked the other one that looked like it was driving

and of course the taytay GOAT edit

but still ueber cutsey

no
this faggot isn't even me
no

Like a sandrail with panels and windows I'd suppose

>oh ya, I can go slightly uphill from a stop while turning in dry sand..

>Lookit dat flexing

saved

>Buried the front diff lol

LOL

At least I can drive through mud fairly well

How do yall feel about 2nd gen explorers?

>5.0 V8
>Mechanical AWD
>3.73 gears and rear LSD.
> Mich LTX M/S

I know its not as good as selectable 4x4 with lo and high range but still, with the rear LSD its gonna have 3 wheels turning at all times.

Ive driven right up mountain roads covered in snow with my 2000 XLT before.

just change the tires out first

It's nice.

Cute!

I took off the side steps and skid plates to save weight. The skid plates were very heavy!

Just in case people are wondering, no this is not a good idea. No one read this and actually do it to their vehicle.

house arrest moose

I'm seriously considering a Landrover Discovery series 1.
I've found one I can get for around $900, with a known going head gasket.
I want to build an overlanding vehicle. I've got a jeep zj, but it sucks. I like the discovery, because it seems so much taller.

How fucked am I? I dont really see anyone talking about them on here.