Why are supercars made with automatic transmissions these days?

Why are supercars made with automatic transmissions these days?

Is America to blame for this trend?

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/news/porsche-pdk-shifts-slower-2017-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-auto/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

America is to blame for every terrible trend in the automotive industry

because autos are becoming faster than manuals

They shift automatically but they aren't a torque converter automatic like you're thinking.

Simply said they want numbers and technology in their cars because they know they can upcharge the shit out of you.

>is america to blame for this trend
Maybe if people stopped seeing a standard, then maybe.

But it seems like most countries have reached a point where they sell more automatics than manuals

The transmission is dictated by track numbers and the people who can actually afford to buy them.

>mfw the c7 corvette uses a fucking Torque Converter slushbox autotragic instead of a dual clutch

lol, GM literally can't compete

Because RACEKAR

>But it seems like most countries have reached a point where they sell more automatics than manuals

Also, this makes me wonder: are we seeing a significant amount of automatic vehicles compared to manual around the world not only because of possible trends in America, but also because more people see cars as only a form of transportation now more than ever?

>Is America to blame for this trend?

No. American sports cars still come with manuals, and the top models are manual only.
Americans want automatic in base cars and manuals in fun cars.
Europeans could be to blame because they want manuals in base cars and automatics in sports cars
An automatic in a sports car is benchracing, sacrificing enjoyment and engagement for numbers on a sheet of paper

Manuals are only common in shitboxes in yurop, everyone else uses automatic. I shit you not is much easier to find a manual S4 or 325i in manual in the US than in yurop.

Dual clutches are fragile as fuck and don't handle torque well. IMO a single-clutch semiauto like in Lambos would be better for anything north of 450hp but of course Euros are incredibly fixated to autos in their expensive fast cars.

Yup, it's our fault. Sorry.

Yet they are the ones who essentially introduced automobile designing.

it was Germany actually if you are talking about ICE, if not it was France

>being this retarded

Do you seriously think that Henry Ford invented the car?

because new autos make the car ever so slightly faster. Benchracing is to blame for this. All the BURGERKINGISTHEONLYMETRICTHATMATTERS fags are to blame for this.

you can't market feel, but you can sure as fuck market numbers

No, rich people in Europe all drive autos. The only reason euros and japs drive manual more is because that's all they can afford. If they were as wealthy as America they'd all drive autos.
Rich people are the ones buying super cars.

Modern torque converters are just as fast and lighter than dual clutch trannies.
The 10 speed in the actually ZL1 shifts faster than PdK.
BMW is giving up on DCT and replacing it with the new ZF8HP

autos are cheaper in the US.

Didn't Audi just move away from dual clutch as well?

he designed it so everyone could afford one

No because automatics shift better than you

Except n******. We are talking early 1900's here.

Yeah the new RS5 has an 8HP

Because you and your parents never bought any from the dealer.
Therefore low demand = low supply.

Autos are better. who the fuck cares?

As with most every other shitty trend in performance cars, the blame is with the Shitburgring and the cocksucking fat fuck benchracers who suck its fucking cock like a they're a Swedish bitch on a Somali refugee boat. Faster shifts mean better laptimes. And less shifts mean better laptimes, which is part of the reason why a lot of fast cars come with retarded gear ratios. 0-60 and quarter mile times are the other part.

The noveau rich are not car enthusiasts like you or I. It's easier to sell a DCT to them. Also, supercars are getting so insanely powerful you'd need to be SS+GOMAD tier to work the clutch.

It's faster

>censoring yourself saying nigger
>on Veeky Forums

You can actually get banned for saying it on blue boards.

I'd know, I've been banned for doing so.

Actually, a lot of them are torque converters again now. DCTs are quite fragile at very high power outputs

racism outisde of /b/ is against the rules

It's not racism you liberal fuck.

it is if you're white

t. nig

racism outside of /b/ is against the rules

nope

They arn't they are made with two manuals.

>fragile as fuck
Sounds perfect for a Corvette t b h

>Is America to blame for this trend?
No, the need for faster track times is to blame. As much as I hate it, a tuned supercar/hypercar autotragic can shift faster than any human.

go watch any youtube video of one of those rich fucks buying a new car (actually dont, just imagine it, dont give them any more views).

do you honestly think these spoiled entitled brats give a fuck about driving experience? i just watched some fucking straight out of the hood of ohio nigga buy a lamborghini huracan with his big assed big titted gf and hes driving it home with one hand on the wheel, one hand on an iphone, talking about how he doesnt want to use the "manual mode" because he is trying to find his way home and has to concentrate on the google map voice telling him where to go.

these people are scum, and the brands cater to them. can you imagine them trying to navigate traffic with a gated shifter and 750hp behind their heads? cars are just rolling pieces of jewlerry for these folks. percieved performance doesnt include rowing gears.

Making fast cars more appealing to the people who want them and have for money for them is more important than pleasing a bunch of poorfag enthusiasts.

Automatics have been improving to the point that manual transmissions are now redundant; the only reason for having a modern manual car is nostalgia and the sense of involvement, which is why American automakers still offer a stick in their sport/sporty/pony/muscle cars and even some models are exclusively manual.

Another point is that automatics are easier to sell. FCA killed the Viper when they tried to please their fans by keeping the Viper exclusively manual without realizing those manualfags are broke as fuck and that they're alienating the vast majority of cash-in-hand buyers that were looking forward to a Viper with an automatic.

Why doesn't America build fast cars?

Everyone is pretty much making the same points...

Most people who can afford these cars don't want to shift. They do, however, want to brag to their friends that it does 0-60 in 3 seconds.

Weekend racers are to blame. They hand grenade the car after redlining it all day and then publicly talk shit about the manufacturers like it's there fault. This is damage control.

SSC Aero took the record from the Veyron until 2010.

Ford GT still holds the standing mile record at 290+mph

The overall land-speed record with non-jet engines belongs to an american V8.

Why did so easily demolish your claim with skill and style? Why are your jimmies crumpled on the floor?

>telling the skin color of someone on an anonymous board on the internet

don't be a nigger

Why are modern cars made with electric starters these days?

Are women to blame for this trend?

>thinking an old fashioned manual is faster than a modern "sport" sequential gearbox

Sorry man, I used to be like you, then I saw the world for what it was. A cruel, and unmerciful place.

a good quality automatic system performs better than a manual can. If a car is designed for sheer performance first it's the only logical way.

I've never even bought an auto and I know this.

>I've never even bought an auto

Don't lie. I can tell you've played with your prick while driving.

Japs don't drive manual more. They have the largest percent of autos in the world

Economies of scale. Americans also have more money and they rather not have to hassle shifting.

Very few people think shifting is "muh fun to drive" when most of your daily commute is bumper to bumper, stop and go traffic.

>Americans want automatic in base cars and manuals in fun cars
If so explain why a Challenger Hellcat comes with an automatic transmission? LOL you faggot inb4 Hellcat isnt a fun car
Educate yourself you imbecil. Its about Sales and catering to consumers

shut up nigger

I'm pretty sure boomers are to blame

>its murica's fault yuro companies make automatic supercars

>The 10 speed in the actually ZL1 shifts faster than PdK.
Why the fuck you lyin

manual isnt for performance

supercars are so they use DCT automatics

Because the only way to measure the quality of a supercar in 2017 is how fast it goes around burger king.

You can get a Challenger Hellcat with a manual though?

offering both =/= auto only

motortrend.com/news/porsche-pdk-shifts-slower-2017-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-auto/
>no no it can't be true

You wanna know who is really to blame?

1. Lazy drivers who don't want to bother with a manual trans
2. Fucking BENCHRACERS who need to argue about 3 seconds on a track and .3s on a 0-60 launch
3. People with arthritic knees

Veeky Forums, you guys bickering about dumb times did just as much to fuck over the manual transmission as anything. That shit rolls downhill.

literally everyone on this board

I blame the chinks

The irony is, out of the all the production gtr's produced all of the "Manuals" that would have been produced in such a cuck shattering low quantity that the price for them would be even HIGHER.

The majority of people who have enough money to buy a supercar are either old or want it as a status symbol

Nope, it was Hitler who successfully made the car affordable

Because people like the cars, they just don't like to or are too lazy to drive.

This is it, most people don't give a fuck and just use cars to get from A to B, automatic is just more comfy in traffic.

Because they shift faster.

Because manuals are *literally* useless nowadays.

If you're going to spend hundreds of thousands building a single car, you're not going to cater to the 2 or 3 people who can afford it and want it in manual. You're going to cater to the thousands who can afford it, want the latest tech, and don't want to drive like a peasant.

Pretty sure if they offer manual they would at the very least be 1 manual per 5 autos sold

Manual in a high performance modern car is the hipster classes with false lenses of car culture.

Saying that, the only acceptable use of auto's are modern dual clutch high performance or any period of luxury/prestige vehicles. Shitbox, pleb mobiles (crossovers), sports cars, etc. should only be manual.

I remember reading an article right after FCA announce they were discontinuing the Viper. The comments were full of people saying shit like "that's what you get for putting a manual instead of an auto in this car" and "if Chysler brings the Viper back in the future it better be automatic."

Fuck I was mad.

I love American car designs. Nothing sort of the Retro Italian sport car can beat the Early Muscle car designs in terms of originality and sexiness.

There's something unique about American car history that not many nations can compare to.

he just stole money to fund his armies.

I did remember that part a few hours after posting

>don't want to drive like a peasant
Oh please.
It's better than driving with your head jammed up your ass, like you.

Whoever wants a viper in automatic should kill themselves.

kill yourself you triple negro

Hellcat is also benchracing for the best 1/2 mile time

Manual is only used by normies when there is a benefit in day-to-day driving or if there are engine size restrictions. If you're stuck in Europe with a 1.3 liter engine, you'll prefer having access to the entire powerband to scoot between bistros on the way to the pub or whatever.

Most of those people would rather have paddle shifters. That just wasn't practical in the past. Technology gets better, shit changes.

supercars are made for the track and automatics go around the track faster

>redundant
The word you're looking for is "obsolete"

No he was right the first time retard

>re·dun·dant (rĭ-dŭn′dənt)
>adj.
>1. Exceeding what is necessary or natural; superfluous.
t. The Free Dictionary

"By the early 21st century, automatic transmissions had been developed to such a state that they outperformed manual transmissions by all objective measures, thus rendering the latter redundant to the automotive industry."

Benchracing is to blame.

If a supercar was released that completely focused on driving experience it would have a manual transmission.
Unfortunately because of that it would also be slower around MUH RING and slower to 0-60mph than all the turbo'd DCT supercars out there now.
This would lead to non-stop shit posting and comparisons from people that will never drive it talking about how X car is better because it gets around the burgerking in 10 seconds less or can beat it in a stop light race.