2018 mustang gt to have 460hp/420tq and go get to 60 in "less than 4 seconds." GM memes aside...

2018 mustang gt to have 460hp/420tq and go get to 60 in "less than 4 seconds." GM memes aside, what are everyone's thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/07/mustang-gt-goes-0-to-60-in-4-seconds0.html
gmauthority.com/blog/2017/03/mustang-boss-302-claims-victory-over-camaro-gt4-r-in-pwc-race-1-and-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

forgot link

performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/07/mustang-gt-goes-0-to-60-in-4-seconds0.html

Too slow. Wouldn't even keep up with a Corolla

Sounds like it'll slam into crowds about 1 second quicker.

I cant afford one therefore It is irrelevant to me and I have no opinion.

Its fast and nice though, finally the mustang isnt shit

I was wondering if it would beat the power pack 3 or not. Still prefer the current looks in any case.

Those are ludicrous numbers. No doubt it'll slide even faster into pedestrians.

Mustang is an odd bird because it's had to compete with muscle cars like Camaro etc while also attempting to run at the Corvette. To this day Ford offers no middle between the Mustang and GT. Seems to me some special edition Mustangs with stupid power were inevitable

Even so, the GT is such an attainable thing... I'm amazed they're planning this, as they'll assuredly sell like nuts. Hope it's engineered properly, mass producing a cheap car with big numbers could spell insane warranty payouts...

I'm still not a fan, but I certainly respect it

Too wide, too heavy, too long, wouldn't pay one cent for one.

>I cant afford one
What's it like being extremely poor?

$30,000+ for a mustang GT is pretty steep for a college fag

Right. Go buy a BRZ so you're boyfriend can suck the goop out of your prick like he's getting that last bit of soda with a straw.
>slurp, slurp, sluuuuurp

>all new GT500
>4 years in development
>supercharged V8
>680HP
They had 1 job. Fuck, the Z06 puts out 650HP and it's due for an update. For the price of a GT500, you're entering Hellcat, maybe Demon territory. What the fuck have you been doing Ford?

the GT500 is far better in every way choice than the Hellcat

How is the PP3?

Does it lug driving around town?

>ecoboost makes 310 hp

why isn't this engine in the toyobaru again????

the GT500 will actually be able to turn

>ecoboost 0-60 under 5 seconds
Damn. That's pretty friken hektik mates
Subaru and virtually everyone else needs to step their shit up asap.
As much of a gm fan I am, Ford is absolutely killing it

I was worried about the low end feeling weaker but that's not the case at all, by 2k rpm the car feels much stronger than before. Going completely off throttle at 3k and above is a bit jolting I hope that will soften over time. My one piece driveshaft probably isn't helping with the jolt either.

The no lift shift has worked nicely so far.

>460hp/420trq
>Ford Racing power packs could possibly hit 480-490 HP and 8000 RPM with a warranty

The Mustang is ALMOST perfect, all it needs is some weight loss. Bring on the S650 and lose a few hundred pounds, and it's the ultimate car.

Holy shit.
Thats exactly what i wanted and im yuropoor.
Was looking to buy one but seems like ill wait for the new model. When the fuck is it releasing??

Should start showing up on dealer lots in a few months.

Specs are nice but I like the looks of the '15-'17 mustang better. This one looks sad.

Hopefully it's one of those cars that look better in real life than on paper. People who have actually seen the new ones at autoshows seem to think it looks better and more "expensive."

Why does it have the pissed off asian look to it?

>Only 460HP/420tq

Fuck I've been around to many amg mercs. That just seems a little disappointing to me.

Grill feels like its placed too high.

In the US and Canada, the Mustang costs literally *half* of the C63S AMG, which makes 503HP. And I'm pretty sure it would keep up with one in the corners.

Any chance the Mustang will have more standard features? I'd like to have navigation without having to step up to a Premium and paying 5k for shit like power seats and 12 speakers.

And it weighs 1.8T and its top speed is only 140mph

I'm not trying to brag or sound elitist, I literally mean I haven't been keeping up with american sports cars.

I've sat in an 05 e55 AMG (470HP/510tq), an 09 S63 AMG (510/470), 12 e63 (550/...550?), 12 SLS AMG (560/480), and those are just the cars i remember without resorting to google.

Sat in, not owned, by the way. I'm a poorfag, who just so happens to be friends with a guy who owns a merc dealership. Occasionally, I get to sit in the new stuff.

I don't know why, but I just figured with it being 2017, the big three would be in the 500HP range by now.

why the fuck are they still making that ugly garbage piece of shit car

If you don't mind paying over 50k
>Challenger Hellcat - 707HP (supercharged)
>Camaro ZL1 - 650HP (supercharged)
>Mustang GT350 - 526HP (naturally aspirated)

The GT500 is coming out next year and is pushing 680HP out of 5.0L with a supercharger. I'm sure 800+ would be possible with a twin-turbo setup, but that isn't very musclecar-ish.

>Tfw driving pigfat 2014 V6
I swear I'll SC it. Fuck

These are all eco-boost now, right?

I'd like to see it keep up with my integra type r on the local touge.

Who cares about the performance if it looks like it has downs.

Add perhaps a decent LSD?

Always wondered what a factory turbo v8 Mustang would be like. That'd be neat

Not bad. Kind of italian, maserati-ish

It looks better than other cars on the road today, fuck off.

(you)

I've seen it in person and I think it looks like shit

No it doesn't. Every car has the exact same pedestrian-safe front end.

Toyota is too scared to enter the performance market again. They fucked up when the jap economy crashed in the early 00s. Thats why they are borrowing tried and true "performance" engines like the boxer so that if it fucks up again its not totally in the garbage. Also, Toyota is trying to hit global markets, whereas GM and Ford knows that ecoboost and high displacement will sell well in American markets as it has in the past few years.

What's wrong with the LSD?

Making enormous power out a turbo'd Modular is easy. 2000+ HP isn't even uncommon. The problem is putting that power down, especially in a front heavy car like the Mustang (53:47 naturally aspirated, adding a turbo/intercooler setup would give you Challenger-tier distribution).

I think its great as a GM guy. no reason to ever complain during a hp war.

Let me know when it's under 2800 pounds.

Old one looks way better. They fucked up.

>what are everyone's thoughts?
It's going to be the same shit I see everyday. Some dude is going to have a brand new 2018 fully loaded GT in the highest trim available and do nothing but use it as a commuter car. Why even buy a performance based vehicle if you do nothing with the performance? I see GTs everywhere and yet hardly any of them use it for what they were designed to do. They might as well buy a v6. It's almost as bad as Hellcat owners that just use their car as a land cruiser.

honestly the car is really about $40-50k. considering the insurance, fuel consumption, "affording" this car in the sense that you can pay for every aspect of it and still live comfortably with say a mortgage payment, decent amount of savings each month, food, plus other bills you'll probably need at minimum of $100k in annual income. Any lower than that and you're probably living at the edge of your income for a car. I'm 27 and make about $83k per year (more than most my age) with fairly little debt, but this car makes very little sense for me financially speaking. I really want this car, but it's going to be a couple more years before I'm ready.

That's cool and all but if it's not getting lighter like the Camaro did then I'm not really interested.

>And it weighs 1.8T and its top speed is only 140mph

Even a manual Foxbody does 144mph stock.

This is the price equivalent to a base model C-class and you're comparing it to AMGs lol.

>2007 Mustang GT500 - 500hp
>2010 Mustang GT500 - 550hp
>2013 Mustang GT500 - 662hp

>2015 Camaro Z28 - 505hp
>2013 Camaro ZL1 - 580hp

>2014 Challenger SRT-8 - 485hp
>2014 Challenger Hellcat - 707hp
>2018 Challenger Demon - 808-840hp

>he bought a Mustang instead of an RS or STI

>new 4cyl Mustang will have the same 350hp 2.3L
>100% of torque to the rear axle>80% of torque to the rear axle

Awd is superior to Rwd

Well that's like your opinion man.

Fun>fractions of a second IMO.

it doesn't change the fact that the motorcycle I bought for $11k brand new still kicks its ass

or the fact that the motorcycle I bought brand new for $5k is only slightly beaten by it in terms of raw accelaration

>Muh fun

Ok red.dit

Yes, I prefer RWD dynamics to AWD. I like being able to push the rear end around the corner. Also no burnouts with AWD.

Again, AWD is great for numbers and bad weather but I prefer RWD.

>stop liking what I don't like

It amazes me that anyone would consider an Mustang over an STI. I get the original guy was wrong about the RS and it's AWD is a meme, but what about winter?

My insurance is just over $100 a month with this car ('17 GT), 33 year old male. It is most def a fuel hog, though.

>but what about winter?
Where I live the temperature average in January is 67.2°F

i no rite?
i can't believe people would pick a sporty 400+ hp RWD coup over a 260hp 4 door compact car

not in the RS, push it too hard and it goes FWD

>STI
>260hp

"Veeky Forums tries its hand at vehicle stats "

There are rumors of a cpc 7l v8 being worked on at the windsor plant, and it was suggested that the use was for the new gt500 and to refresh the aging 6.8 v10 in super dutys. Furthermore the rumor for the gt500 for power is "north of 800".

>cpc
wut

cross plane crank vs flat plane crank

Ford dabbled with a flat on the Voodoo but the gt500 is supposed to have a cross plane v8.

>oh em gee people have different preferences
I actually don't hate on STIs, they are great cars. Just don't understand why they have been putting out essentially the same amount of power since the early 2000s

your AWD literally doesn't matter when the mustang has the superior amount of hp

it would be better if the driveshaft would stay in one piece.

cause the front is based off darth vaders mask, and darth vaders mask is based off a samurai helmet

Enjoy your turns. And that beautiful live rear axle

Flat-plane is kind of a gimmick. The stock Coyote is already stable up to 8400 RPM.

Did you just escape from 2014?

>ford cuck literally triggered
not the guy you're replying to but know that I'm lmaoing @ ur lyf f@m

New Mustangs don't have live rear axles. Not that it ever needed IRS in the first place.

gmauthority.com/blog/2017/03/mustang-boss-302-claims-victory-over-camaro-gt4-r-in-pwc-race-1-and-2/

This so much. I can't tell you how many people I know that have fastback mustang gt's and have never gone to the track or even the drags.

Some of us like spirited driving and v8's so what the fuck does it matter?

>buy a 40k v8 performance vehicle
>just go cruising on the highway
Yeah, that sounds retarded. But it is your money, have fun wasting it.

I need to feel alive when getting on the freeway on the way to and from work to keep me from killing myself.

I bought a 1LE camaro just to fuck up on-ramps and occasionally a mountain road

deal with it

>occasionally a mountain road
Well congrats, you do more with your Camaro than my neighbor who has a 2SS.

this
Probably the only modern car post 2013 that looks good apart from the P1

reminds me a bit of an F-type