Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7pLYfcg13xI
youtube.com/watch?v=dOD7bBDTyks
miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/d/toyota-celica-alltrac/6226345973.html
youtu.be/JbTKuTK4m2k?t=34
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-celica/6228795069.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best model ever. Sexy as fuck too.

Would whoop the Shitstang, Cumaro, and Mentally Challenger in both speed and reliability.

No watch as some domesticuck try to proove me wrong.

theyre pretty shit

family sedans with body swaps

last gen was decent due to low weight and nice engine a real GSR competitor

Fucking Australians.

Even when they have a really nicely restored car they will go and put el cheapo wheels that scream budget from 2 miles away.

Coronas are awesome family sedans that can be made to handle pretty well though.

I don't see the problem with them being based on coronas.

They're cars that make the best out of a mediocre situation.

The worst part about them is that a modern one doesn't really exist.

first gen celicas look fantastic and i want one because i live in california and a 73 would be a lot of fun

pretty sure that ones a new zealanders. IIRC that one is the 1UZ swapped RA28.

yeah m8, the RA28 was fucking tops cunt. wouldnt mind a corolla from the era, either

fuck, meant to reply to

rather have a proper sports car which a Celica aint

the things werent that great when new and they sure arent now

Have you ever driven one?

They are awesome.

They are bretty kewl

More sporty than the supra models for sure

they really arent

underwhelming to drive and incredibly slow

its one of those cars I liked until I experienced it

The best celica

youtube.com/watch?v=7pLYfcg13xI

I could chuck my old corona around really well.

youtube.com/watch?v=dOD7bBDTyks

mine giddyups okay but it has the bigger R series engine from an 82 pick up in it with all the emissions/peripheral shit deleted and a few other bolt ons.

i can imagine how sluggish it would be stock.

I miss them a lot.

How much did you pay for yours? I found a mint condition rust free one being sold for like 7.5k and I let it slip through my fingers and I have the sneaking suspicion I made one of the biggest mistakes in my life

one I drove had a 20r so yeah

then I had a 1983 Celica with a 22RE that wasnt much better tho

I like them. My first memory of riding in a car was of my parent's Celica

Which run was the best?
If I bought one of the last gen (it's what I grew up with admiring cause of vidya), what stuff should I look for?

also opinions? miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/d/toyota-celica-alltrac/6226345973.html

You must be retarded or only drive in a straight line or had cars with incredibly worn suspension.

I'm going to go with retarded though.

1500$

the interior is pretty shit (a "new" center console will cost me 450$ lol) and the electrical system is patchwork as fuck, but theres very little rust because the original owner had the good sense to spring for undercoating.

the mechanical components aren't hard to find, but good fuckin' luck finding any body panels or interior shit.

yeah 40 year old family sedans are known for handling

drive a good car some time

the third gen celica's weigh almost 1000 lbs more than the first gen coupe's. thats probably why you didn't notice too much of a difference.

Angry Boys Pulsar desu

somebody?

muh dick that sound is amazing

1uz a based its literally the ls of jdm

>1uz a based its literally the ls of jdm
Lol nope.

The 1UZ is meant for automatic luxo barges. The jap LS are the two i6 twins.

1st gens are manual, rwd, and weigh less than an NA Miata. Most people seem to like the lift back over the coupes but I prefer the coupe.

>weigh less than an NA Miata
While this is true, the suspension is significantly less advanced, these are not comparable in handling dynamics whatsoever so it's kind of a moot point.

Easy enough to swap in suspension from something like an AE86 though

youtu.be/JbTKuTK4m2k?t=34
the dream

I like them a lot and want one as my next car. Glad to find a thread on them.

What do you guys think of this? Good project or no? It even already has the japanese style bumpers on.
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-celica/6228795069.html

I'd be very worried about rust, check the fuck out of the underbody and try to haggle but otherwise if you really want a 1st gen Celica you can't afford to be super picky anymore.

Thanks for the tip. I'll most likely just wait a while longer for a running one with a better interior. You're right though. I check for them every day and seeing a new one is rare. Never mind it being the liftback or not being a rust bucket.

>inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-celica/6228795069.html

>2600$

i feel like i got a deal.

>a better interior
good luck. if i put as much money into an engine that i could put into this cars appearance, i could be making 300 hp.

the ae86 still has a live rear axle

if you treat your car right, you can make sure these cars see the next century
if you treat them wrong, they'll die a sad death but they'll sure be fun in the meantime

the suspension from an ae86 won't make this thing handle like a miata, just enjoy it for what it is, not everything needs go-kart handling to be fun.

Literal bait.
>complains about family sedans
>owns a civic

Put some good suspension and wide wheels on them and they become awesome.

Still think you are retarded.

Can Japs invest anything unique without fucking copying Westerners? Seriously, all cool looking Jap cars are literally just copies of the Italian sport heritage, American Muscle or classic European Sedan.

>Buying a Chink sad attempt at making a Mustang

Please, I'll rather buy the real thing instead.

>Tripfag cancer is a FWD, automatic lover.
1st Gen Celica is gorgeous.

Beautiful
Any more like this? I love beat up ponies

Ehh not a huge fan of the ra28 mustang look-a-like. RA22 or RA63 notchback are my favs.

anyone experienced mk6 ?
hows their interior and speed? (preferably about GT version)

Never said it had to be built for serious conefagging to be "fun".

That's actually pretty dope, would it be a weekend/project car? If you're thinking you're gonna dd this, think again

Sellitcuz

I'd like to get it into DD shape.

Why couldn't he dd that?

>Owning a Mustang in the 70s

I hope you already have a car then because if you're DIY'ing it it's going to take some time to get it into DD shape, and I still wouldn't recommend it even if you get it there because it's such a rare car in the states

What's wrong with DDing a rare car?
It also mostly seems to be in pretty decent shape.

Not saying he couldn't, just recommending not to considering it's over 30 years old and shit will start breaking
>fix one thing, two more pop up
This is what happens when you don't try to restore it and drive it like a DD
>almost seems to be in pretty decent shape
From the pics of the exterior I agree, however you don't know what condition the electronics are in, the suspension, cooling system, diffs, etc

To add to this, if you want to DD it, you better get it to what's called "stage zero" spec which is just good running condition, the guy mentioned he was planning on doing work to it, so to me that means it needs some loving

stage zero?
and yea it'd need work

Even 40 years after this, the general public is still stupid enough to believe that price ceilings are a good idea to prevent "price gougers" and "speculators" from being "greedy". Fucking morons are only hurting themselves.

I've seen it thrown around forums, it's essentially bringing the car back to mechanical showroom condition, and in this case it needs a good Toyota tech who knows these or st160 celicas in general to take a look at it

>implying mustangs had bad gas mileage
Not by 70s standards.

That's because 70s Mustangs were actually Pintos

I'm talking about 1st gens.

The only ones that got half decent gas mileage were the weak as shit straight 6 Mustangs, and a Celica did that better

65-66 289s got 16-17 mpgs.

That's awful, first gen Celicas got over 20 while weighing the same, making the same power, and being 10 years more modern

Should I go for a 4th gen or 5th? Both earlier and later gens are absurdly expensive or inexistent in my shithole country, mr2s also dont exist here, could also go for a bmw e30 but i've heard maitenance costs are a bit pricier.
Also, do celicas share parts with other toyotas like corolas or carinas?

>1st gen celica making more power than a 289. Yeah no.

He was talking about straight 6 Mustangs which are comparable. V8s get fuck all for gas mileage I don't even know why people are bringing them up

She's pretty much top tier best, all years
Anyone who disagrees is a filthy peasant

Is SoV any good?

Yep, It's great - music is fucking awesome, character designs are great, I fucking LOVE the cast, fully voiced with a fantastic localization, answer to most everything wrong with Awakening and Fates, it has some steep challenges that require actual thinking.
It's not perfect - early game maps on the male protags side are bland when later female protagonist maps seem completely bullshit to people who don't realize how many tricks they have at their disposal, game is either too easy or hard depending on how you approach it, and other niggles but it singlehandedly reignited my love for the franchise.

Can't wait for the switch game to ruin the frachise for me again.

Blazblue celica is better

I'd say she ruined the story but it was already pretty completely batshit by that point anyways who cares

nice to see people still remember this show, top-tier creator