Noob? Buy a CB400sf or check these out:
→ # →
a2bikes.co.uk/

Webms with sound:
#

Old Thread:

first for /2strokeshitters/

first for the quest for the best litre bike and wondering if it is the rsv4

First for I unironically find Buells appealing.

First for OP was really first in this thread

bresend))

Yes sir, 2strokes a best

post bikes

>250cc
>75hp @ 11k rpm
>dat fucking double exhaust
>210km/h top speed

hnghhhhhhhhhhh

See if you can get patterned knee-grips. I'm considering a naked for upgrade, and matching sides would be awesome.

Took my Harley out for a rip today. I gotta say I was skeptical at first. Especially considering the rap they get on this Taiwanese basket weaving site.

Every time I twist the throttle on this true American legend the beaches or Normandy come back to life through the looking glass of time and I fly upon the spirits of the men who charged the beaches.

>manlet on a sports bike

it checks out

Sure, sportys are great bikes.

Second for even older /2strokeshitters/

I honestly would rather have gs500, drz and wr shitposting all in one thread than this new gay harley rider

*Mexican Legend

For fucks sake I know, just ignore him.

Took my fucking softail slim s out for fucking rip today.
As I leaned in the turns going twice the posted limit I became one with the founding fathers spirits. As my floorboards scrapes the asphalt Abraham Lincoln whispered sweet nothings into my ears from beyond he grave .

nothing like an american ledgend like Honda

>leave work
>racing home from this death cloud
>put my bike in the shed and take my helmet off
>all hell starts breaking loose and its raining sideways

feels good

best gurl for the last time

is that the pine barrens

It is.

[FAST BEEPING]

post yours

Looks like you crashed and half assed the fix.

Test

Is 3.5k too much for this
Its over 10 years old, not sure exactly past that

Mostly stock except seat and windscreen

I offered 2.5 at first but they said it was too low. It's my friend's dad that wants to sell it. Pretty sure its in pristine condition

NoBike here: is it a worse idea to
>buy from a stealership
or
>drive ~250-500mi away into the next state to buy a bike

everyone has been telling me its too much

stealership

actually it goes to 12.5k rpm to stay in peak torque for the next gear
but it doesnt have 75 hp, more like 60 (it's very old and needs upgrades)

Probably the latter.

You're gonna be paying a lot more from a dealer. Keep in mind, they slap a lot of fees and shit on to the base price. A dealer here told me a 2016 FZ07 out the door would cost roughly 8.5k when the tag price was 6k.

Road trips to get bikes can be fun if you take a friend. I'm always up for tagging along when a buddy is looking to buy a bike from someone hours away.

>the number of firings per rev is 1
>no expansion
savage days

Sorry I dunno why I read is it a worse idea as is it a better idea.

vroom

So something odd happened lately bros.
>do brake bleed/pad replace on front and rear
>do a 100 mile trip a few days later, brakes totally fine the entire time, feel great
>bike sits for about a week and a half
>go to ride again and theres zero fluid in rear, lines completely dry
>the bleeding nipple rubber cap was off and no visible puddy/leaks anywhere, whole rear brake system is totally dry

I just don't understand, granted when I did this bleed I could have fucked up and left the rubber cap off, but a couple days after that while still riding, I did a 100 mile trip home and right up to pulling into garage, things were fine, brakes felt the same the entire time.

All of a sudden it's dry as a bone? I really can't wrap my head around any possible reason besides someone fucked with it, which also seems super unlikely, seeing as how front is totally fine.

My 2 shitbikes

dropped sv650-user here

Bought enough oil for 2 changes from amsoil, I thought I had filters already. went to change the oil on my bike and pulled off a fram (!!!) filter and drained the oil. Of course the filters I have don't fit.

Where do you guys get filters from? Amsoil filters are 18 CAD per, which is EXPENSIVE!. I might call the local Suzuki dealer and see how much OE filters are at that price.

mfw at fram filters.

I got a k&n for $4 for my bike on amazon
just look up the part number using revzilla or something like that and then search for the part number on competing sites like amazon or whatever

Mfw nobody makes aftermarket expansion chambers for an obscure Japanese motorcycle and I dunno how to measure valve duration and all that to make my own.

>valve duration
on a 2 stroke?

I wasn't aware the beaches OR Normandy were dead.
Thanks for the geography lesson.

Nope. Bought it crashed and half assed.
>cheap

So driving out of state for a private sale is preferable to local stealership?

I don't have any friends with flatbed trailers or trucks so I'd probably be riding it home

I bought my last 2 bikes some miles from home. One was 550 miles and the other just over 100.

I got smoking good deals on both of them so even with time/gas spent they were good buys.

Get one from a dealer when they have a sale or special financing.
When you buy used be ready to spend at least an extra grand fixing the bike.

Just got my endorsement for my state, im looking to get a starter bike. There is a Suzuki Tu250x in the next state over for about 3000, it has like 2k miles on it. Would this be a good fit Im about 6'1 and 220lbs fat fuck I KNOW

I use honda fireblade filters because the OEM one is like $40 and I can find the honda ones for like $10 on ebay.

Getting kind of mixed signals here, please forgive me/be patient.

I'm not entirely mechanically illiterate but I don't want to buy something used that I might end up not being able to ride because I have to fix [x] first. Also it's worth mentioning that I most likely will not be buying until the end of August/beginning of September as I still have to take the MSF course and save up a little more scratch (budget of $2-3k USD). That being said I'm most likely considering buying used/"pre-owned".

should I just wait until october or november or something when the prices go down at the end of the riding season

tux is a bit slow

Some dealerships will carry used bikes that have been gone through and they make sure they run.
I would avoid private sales unless you know how to thoroughly check the bike for problems or unless you know the person and trust them.

Just buy something used that's still in good condition. I bought my current bike used and all it needed was a new battery, same with the bike I'm about to buy. Battery is a common issue since people let their bikes sit in a garage for forever before finally deciding to sell them, it's one of the easiest fixes though.

If you can, buy a bike and use it for the MSF course. My grom has the world's tiniest friction zone, it's maybe just a few millimeters wide for some reason, and when I first got it I stalled the living fuck out of it and couldn't even get it down the street. Took it to the MSF course, where you spend literally the entire time on the bikes riding the friction zone, and now it's in my muscle memory. I haven't stalled since those first days of riding it despite a 16T front sprocket giving it even less bottom end torque.

>about to pass photo tent at the dragon
>suddenly catch up to car and have to slow down
every time

I'm the guy that bought 2 bikes.

I am highly mechanical literate so picking up something used for me was no big deal, asked for a few detailed pictures of problem spots on bikes, if they give them up promptly and of high quality odds are it's as represented. Know the problems with the bike you are looking at by doing your research on forums for that bike so you can check these things. You want to be an educated buyer, do the work. A couple other tips, buy stuff from older people and from high income areas. You'll get stuff that is not likely to be abused and folks with a lot of cash will not balk at a $500 lower offer. Best time to buy is when the riding season is over, prices will be lower. Be prepared to walk from a bike even if you traveled a good distance to it, sometimes it just doesn't work out.

I mean I was considering buying used from a dealership but I just don't want to end up getting reamed by dealer markup. I assume it'll help if I walk in with cash in hand/ready to write a check, just like with buying a car

I thought it's a better idea to get your M-class license through MSF then buy the bike? I have literally no riding experience and I don't want to be "that guy" at the dealership who stalls out/drops a bike that isn't even his

Dealerships are just as likely to fuck you as a private seller ( and they will get more money for what you buy ). There is absolutely no reason to trust them any more than anyone else.

Honk honk poo truck

Did you get the sv new? I've only good things about it besides the finish is a bit cheapish; how do you like it?

Sales people at dealerships make commission and they know some commission is better than no commission.
If you're not an ass and have the money they will deal with you (trim some off the bike, give free helmets, throw in a fluid check and top).
Private sales don't give a fuck: almost no dealing, no free helmets, no fluid check up, no pre sale tune and safety check. And most importantly no return policy if something is fucked and they sell it anyway. Dealers are legally obligated to at least inform you of any know problems with the item.

Is there anything like KBB/NADA for bikes?

Yeah
About 4500 on it so far, I love it.
Any specific questions?

If you're gonna buy a bike first, either get a friend with a truck to help pick it up or have a friend who rides take it home for you. Then you sit in your driveway/parking lot/neighborhood/whatever and practice practice practice the fundamentals. There's a million videos on youtube about learning the friction zone and stuff.

I dunno about your state, but in WA it's legal to ride to and from MSF courses without your endorsement as long as you're not making any stops along the way. I practiced in a small neighborhood for 2-3 weeks and the first time I hit the big roads was when I went to the course. Stayed off the highways and was shitting my pants because it was my first time riding in rain, but I managed. Motorcycles aren't for those afraid of risks.

Anyone selling a fcr39 carb. This pos CV carb is driving me insane.

>guy on the side of the road waving us down to stop us
>guy in front of me stops to figure out what the fuss was about
>i was looking at the guys on the side of the road trying to figure it out
>didn't see him braking until the last second

I dunno man the seller I'm buying a ducati from is taking it in for a full service before giving it to me.

It pays to be patient and wait for a good deal.

Worth upgrading from a fully modded gen1 SV?

I have a cousin with a truck who's ridden when he was younger but I dont know if he's ever had experience loading
/transporting a bike securely onto a truck bed

How's the weight around corners? Heard it was a bit heavier compared to the other 650s it's against. I also hear the front brake is a little soft. What are your experiences with it?

Dumb question incoming
I have my learner's permit exam for muh baiku coming up, when I pass it do I get the permit right after or do I have to wait for it to come through snail mail?

t. 22 year old without driver's license but baiku soon

Return policy on a used bike from a dealer.

>paying for the salesman, the free helmets, service plus the building they have to run the biz and they cut you a " deal "

Top KEK

It's not rocket science bud. A ramp always helps, but I lifted a R1 into the back of a friend's truck without a ramp with nothing but a lot of cussing and effort from two guys desperately trying to avoid herniating a disk.

Where the fuck do you live? My area gives a piece of paper as a license immediately and will send a card about week later in the mail. You can use the paper immediately as a license.

>watch webm
>do the same thing you did, stare at the guy waving
>abrupt pause
Waver guy is going to cause an accident some day....

>Ducati

Of course dealership. You don't want to pay to have it towed the remainder of your road trip when it breaks inexplicably.
Because it will break. To test your resolve.
Do not let the Ducati break you. If it smells fear, even once, you'll never be seen as it's true master.

Just buy a fucking Honda. You've obviously got the money, and will appreciate a bike that's actually happy to see you.

I thought so
I wasn't sure

Commifornia

Yes, I think KBB actually has a bike version
You get good people and bad people all the time. You got a good seller, I have been the trigger man for a lot of shitty ones where the seller was trying hard to fuck over the buyer with things like not telling them problems with the item, posting pics with new parts and swapping them before the sale, or changing the price at the sale.

School me on a 2005 gixxer 750. I'm looking into my 3rd bike now I have a shitty dirt bike, my fz8, but now I need a fast bike.

christ

How do you make sure it don't tip over when you're driving it home, though? Just loop the ties around through the frame a couple times then secure ties to the bed?

differs by state. In Kentucky they print you one on the spot and hand it to you in like 2 minutes. I've heard other states mail you the card and/or give you a temporary one.

t. Guy who goes to stores just to bitch about how expensive everything is and mumbles to employees about online prices before leaving.
Yes, faggot you pay for services. This isn't the people's republic of Canada. Some dealers have return policies on used vehicles if there's a mechanical failure that they were supposed to check and over looked.
Try not being a total spurg next time you shop somewhere.

Rotary valves, yo
Actually, looking at it it probably isn't that hard. Could probably just measure the bore, stroke, valve disk cutout, and exhaust port duration and just make a pipe

Keep up the good work Harley guy. Just knowing you upset the weebs makes my day better.
They're beyond buttblasted

I'm not buying it from a dealership though. It's a rich dude who insisted on taking it in for full service before selling it because he wants whoever riding it to not die.

I'm buying it for 5000 so it's not like I'm burning a lot of monies. Actually less money than the FZ07 I was looking at getting, leaving some breathing room for the part costs. Going to be doing the maintenance myself.

How hard is it to ride a motorcycle if you've never ridden a bicycle? I was never taught as a kid but I have been teasing the idea of getting a cheap, slow bike to putt around town

How long could I ride without lights ect if my stator died?

Put it diagonal in the bed with the front wheel nested in the forward left corner of the bed. Have the bars turned to the left full and the kickstand down (the standard way of parking a bike, it's the most stable like that). Then you take ratchet straps and run one set somewhere through the front part of the frame and another set somewhere through the rear. Ratchet them nice and taut and the bike won't go anywhere, you can even put it in gear for extra peace of mind.

It's hayai (hayai is suzuki fanboy for fast), but not as hayai as the GSXR1k
Lots of torks too so it's like riding a street-tuned "sport standard" but with actual top end

But, 600 riders will say you don't know how to shift and keep the engine in its powerband and liter riders will call you too poor/pussy for a liter

can confirm. Italian bikes sense fear and will react negatively.

Unless it has under 1k miles yea 3.5 is too much, I sold my 06 with 10k and a fuckload of extras for 3.3k, and that was on the high end. I wouldn't go above 3k and 2.5 seems pretty fair.

But would you recommend? It's 05 has 18k miles, but has a power commander and -1F +2R sprocket conversion. He wants 4.5k burger bucks or he might trade for my fz8

just a reminder that SAM happened and there's nothing the Euro's could have done about it

you need to learn to ride a bicycle first.